9/30 Issue: Bending the Rules

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

9/30 Issue: Bending the Rules

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined a day or so after [Instance]House Call.

<Carol> Carol knew she was supposed to call ahead but she had no idea how much longer she'd be in town so... She raised a hand and pressed the doorbell, shifting awkwardly on the spot while she waited for someone to answer the door.

<Chris> Chris looked up from his paperwork and rolled his eyes. Why did everyone always bother him when he finally had a chance to do some work? With a big sigh, Chris got up and went to answer the door. He frowned a little when he looked through the peep hole and saw that it was Carol. He opened the door slowly, not ready to deal with this today. "You're supposed to call first."

<Carol> "Yeah... I know that..." she sighed, having expected that reaction, "I just... I'm in town for work... just for a little while... I didn't know I was going to be here and I don't know when I'm going to get time off next so if I could just... see her for a little while... please?"

<Chris> "You know I'm not going to say no." Chris gave her a little smile before moving back from the doorway so she could come in. "I'm bad at saying no, that's how we got her remember?"

<Carol> "Really? I thought it was because we were both wasted...." she returned the smile, stepping inside, "Thanks, though..."

<Chris> "That just makes me more pliable." He shut the door behind her and started for the kitchen. "Do you want some coffee?"

<Carol> "Have you ever known me to turn down coffee?" She followed him through the house, looking at pictures of the family having fun together. Nope. Still painful.

<Chris> "That's why I offered it first." He got out the coffee and started to get everything ready with the little machine. "We've got espresso too if you think you'll need the energy. Do not give any to Thomas though!"

<Carol> "I would never give coffee to a kid. They have enough energy without it... or sugar." She found a wall to hold up and put her hands in her pockets, "So what have you been up to?"

<Chris> "Just trying to get some work done while the kids play. I've got some permits to look over and some things to review if I'm going to expand the parlor."

<Carol> "It still freaks me out you even have a parlour. My apartment has four rooms." She smirked a little at her shoes, "I kind of meant more generally... but I guess it's okay if you just want to keep it to small talk..."

<Chris> "The tattoo parlor...." Chris laughed a little. "Ya know, my business I run?" He started the coffee brewing and went to get cups. "Cream? Sugar?"

<Carol> "Has it really been so long since I visited?" She looked up at him, "I don't know what's going on in your lives anymore..."

<Chris> "I mean I started that up while I was still teaching.... Just been more involved in it lately."

<Carol> "Why? You bored?" she raised an eyebrow at him, "Having two kids in the house doesn't keep you busy enough?"

<Chris> "I mean gotta make my own spending money somehow huh?" He poured her a cup of coffee and handed it to her.

<Carol> "Doesn't Greer give you enough pocket money?" she teased, once the coffee was safely in her own hands.

<Chris> "Pfffft she's the most frugal person money wise I know. Keeps telling me I'm not allowed to spoil the kids."

<Carol> "Because spoiling them is not smart. Greer is smart." She toasted this sentiment with her coffee before taking a sip. "Speaking of kids... why haven't I been tackled yet?"

<Chris> "What's the point of money if you can't use it?"

<Carol> "Put it in a trust fund they can use when they have enough sense to understand money and what not to do with it?"

<Chris> "But then I can't play with all the cool toys with them!" He gave a mock pout before adding some cream to his coffee and stirring it up.

<Carol> "Maybe just get them regular toys and play with those? Man, you clearly need adult supervision. Good thing you have Greer." And that Greer wasnt there because she probably wouldn't have made it past the front door.

<Chris> "Also no clue why you're not being tackled. Maybe Thomas and Astrid are playing something?" He shrugged.

<Carol> "Then let's go join them?" she suggested.

<Chris> "Alright, but if Thomas gets any of the coffee, I'm blaming you and denying coffee privileges whenever you're here."

<Carol> "No one is stealing my coffee."

<Chris> Chris lead the way to the playroom as he sipped his coffee. "Yeah but there's also no one to guard the coffee pot."

<Carol> "So we'll keep them both where we can see them. It's not that hard..."

<Chris> "You say that...." He drank some more of his coffee to prepare himself for the orange blur and opened the door. "Hey guys, we got a visitor."

<Astrid> "Mommy!" Astrid finally managed to get around her brother and tackled Carol's midsection for a hug.

<Carol> Carol was glad for her flight powers because it saved her coffee. "Hey! Thought I'd come and surprise you!"

<Chris> "Hey now, careful. Hot coffee. Remember no tackling when drinks are in hand." He gave Astrid a pat on the head.

<Astrid> "But Mommy..." Astrid pouted.

<Carol> "Hey, it's okay... no harm no foul. I'm safe to tackle. I expect it." She picked Astrid up in a one armed hug, "Were you good at school today?"

<Astrid> "Yep!"

<Carol> Carol looked at Chris for confirmation.

<Chris> "Lets still keep from tackling people with drinks okay hun?" He mussed her hair a little. "Yes, she was a good girl today."

<Carol> "Awesome," Carol pressed a kiss to Astrid's cheek, "Already better at the school thing than your mom. Keep it up." She set her back on her feet, "Where's my hug, fuzzy?"

<Chris> "Waiting for it to be safe from hot coffee spillage." Chris laughed a little.

<Carol> She passed Chris her mug before scooping Thomas up for a cuddle, "Missed you guys."

<Thomas> "You work too much," Thomas determined as he returned the hug now that he was safe from being spilled on.

<Chris> "What're you guys doin' in here?" He looked around to try and figure out what they were playing with last.

<Astrid> "He wouldn't let me out to see Mommy!" Astrid told her Daddy.

<Thomas> "You tattled!" Thomas complained.

<Astrid> Astrid responded by poking her tongue out at her brother.

<Chris> Chris sighed. "Alright, well, I'll talk to Thomas about that later. Why don't you and Mommy play a little before she has to go to work?"

<Astrid> "Yay!" Astrid bounced on the spot.

<Carol> Carol set Thomas back down and held her hand out for her cup of coffee.

<Chris> Chris handed her back the coffee and sipped at his own. "Let's do something so Astrid can play with her mom." He went over to the game area and turned on one of the consoles.

<Carol> "Alright, kiddo. What do you want to do?"

<Astrid> Astrid took her Mommy's hand and pulled her over to her favourite toys. This was gonna be the best day!
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6