10/10 Issue: Shocking!

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

10/10 Issue: Shocking!

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined for a few hours after [Issue]Pretty Dangerous.

<Rogue> Rogue gave Tony a smile and fidgeted in her seat as the driver pulled to a slow stop. "Thanks again f'r lettin' me take th' day... Carol promised she'd take good care of y'. An' y' get t' spend time with Shaw without me bein' 'round t' ruin y'r fun. Just make sure y' get a snack an' a nap," she teased.

<Tony> "I'll be sure to ask for one of those juice boxes. They have a kid, so there have to be some of those around." Tony smirked, pulling his attention from the window to Rogue. "Of course. I'd certainly want to take a day, after the night you had."

<Rogue> "Th' night ain't got nothin' t' do with it." She looked out her own window. Of course, without the night, she wouldn't have the questions she had now. "Y' ready, Mr. President?"

<Tony> "Mr. President?" He sniffed and watched her surveying the truly dangerous sidewalk. "So we're feeling formal today." Tony cleared his throat and pointedly straightened his suit. "In that case, yes, special agent... whatever you are. Is it special agent? That sounds better than bodyguard, I suppose."

<Rogue> "Ah ain't ever had a title. Not formally anyway." She licked her lips and turned to Tony. "Sorry, mah mind's just not all here right now." Rogue gave him a small smile and touched his knee with her gloved hand. "Ah'm just gonna go snuggle mah babies an' Ah'll be better. Promise." It bothered her that it bothered her when he was formal with her. She needed to get out of her own head. Fast.

<Tony> "We should work on that then. A title." Tony looked down at her hand on his knee and gave her a small smile, meeting her eyes again. "Tell male Elsa to let it go for me then." He grinned.

<Rogue> "Ah'll do that," she laughed. "C'mon. Let's deliver y' int' th' arms o' y'r lover." Rogue opened the door and did her usual check of the area before signaling that it was safe.

<Tony> "You do know how to show me a good time." He followed her out of the vehicle and looked up at the budding trees in front of the Shaw house. Maybe he'd talk them into some Starbucks later.

<Rogue> "Ah didn't mean me," she snarked. "Maybe Ah meant y'r date from last night?" Oh, wow. Was she just catty with the President? Even in a joking manner? Not good at all.

<Tony> Tony's eyebrows shot up and he looked at her with a curious expression.

<Rogue> Rogue gave him back the exact same look. "Yes?" Doorbell. Where was it? She tripped on the bottom stair on her way up to get to it.

<Tony> He automatically caught her. "Falling for me?" Tony gave her a smirk.

<Rogue> Rogue felt her face flush with embarrassment and also a small smile at the cute pickup line-pun. "No... Just... Makin' sure th' step doesn't break toes. All's safe." She rushed up the steps and practically pressed the doorbell into the other side of the wall.

<Carol> Carol startled at the doorbell ring, "I've got it!" She called through the house on her way down the stairs.

<Tony> "Ah! Well then..." He sniffed and followed her up the steps. "Safety first. Or is it third? I generally prefer it third."

<Rogue> "What's first an' second?" Now he'd piqued her curiosity again and she turned to look at him.

<Carol> Carol straightened her clothes and hair before she opened the front door, "Hey, you made it!"

<Tony> "A good time and a good scotch?" He was distracted by the sudden appearance of his other hot bodyguard. "There was a doubt?" He cocked his head at Rogue. "I believe she challenged your capabilities."

<Carol> "No, just Boston traffic and road rage." Because her psyche in Rogue's brain had taken a bump that morning.

<Rogue> "Those're better enjoyed once y're sure o' th' safety o' th' leader o' th' free world, sugah." She took a deep breath and turned to look at Carol, letting her see the pleading in her eyes. She needed this fixed. Fast. "Yep. We're here, safe an' sound. Everyone we encountered on th' way is safe, too."

<Carol> "You're way better at being in a car than me." Carol patted Rogue, "Come on inside then..." she moved out of the way for Tony, "And we'll get you some good scotch and see about that good time."

<Rogue> "That one's Vic's fault." She smiled fondly at the thought of her Vickerz. Right, passing the President! "See ya in a few hours, Tony. Thanks, Carol."

<Tony> Tony strolled inside, waiting for that silver dog thing to pounce him, then turned back to the women. "Just like that? I feel... like an object." He gave Rogue a pout. "What, no kiss?"

<Carol> "Maybe not on the doorstep where people with smartphones can see...."

<Rogue> Rogue hesitated, "Ah'm not wearin' mah bracelet?" She looked up at Carol. What did this all mean? She was about to have a panic attack in front of the president, which also wasn't good.

<Tony> The corner of his mouth twitched and he laughed. "Go watch some princesses or something."

<Carol> "Come on before you get in trouble..." Carol dragged Tony further into the house, "Have fun with Bobby!" she gave Rogue a smile and a wave, "Don't worry about a thing."

<Rogue> If only that were possible right now. She gave a worried smile to both of them and waved, then took off into the sky before either of them could stop her.

<Carol> Carol closed the door on the street and turned to Tony, "Scotch or coffee?"

<Tony> Carol cut off his view and he turned to her with the same pout. "I was promised juice boxes, but I suppose I can make do with scotch." He checked his ridiculously expensive holographic watch and shrugged.

<Carol> Deciding not to bother asking if he wanted to go first, she started up the stairs. "If you want a juice box so bad, I know where they keep them."

<Tony> Tony's head tipped to the side as he enjoyed the view going up. "So long as I get a snack and a nap along with it."

<Carol> "Does your husband know his other wife is your mom?"

<Tony> "We have a complex and beautiful relationship. Don't judge."

<Carol> "No judgement here... just making sure everyone knows their roles." On the second landing she paused gesturing either side of the hall, "Kitchen or living room?"

<Tony> "Oh, come on, the kitchen is always less formal. We're here to relax, right? I'm relaxed. Are you relaxed?"

<Carol> "Not as relaxed as you were this morning but I'm okay. Scotch'll help, right?"

<Tony> "Absolutely. Speaking of, what was that? Not that I'm judging here either. Genuine curiosity."

<Carol> "I don't know... I don't remember large portions of last night." At least that was the truth.... she didn't have to tell him Rogue had assured her nothing kinky happened and spoil his good mood.

<Tony> Tony shrugged in acceptance of that. "It's always a shame when you can't remember a good time. Of course on the flip side sometimes when it's not such a good time that's the bonus."

<Carol> "Unless the consequences of that thing you can't remember come back later to yell at you in a store and you have no idea why...." she opened a cupboard in the kitchen to take out two glasses and some of the good scotch.

<Tony> "Well that's... specific." He took the chair at the head of the table and looked around the kitchen. Sebastian's monstrous coffee-bot taking up a good portion of one cabinet made him smirk.

<Carol> "It is, isn't it?" She replied with a small smirk, setting a glass of scotch down in front of him.

<Tony> "Thank you." He picked up the glass and took an appreciative sniff. "Would you care to elaborate? Since it would appear we're in the mood for sharing?"

<Carol> "I can't really... that happens more often than I'd care to admit," she shrugged a shoulder, taking a seat and knowing Jess would hear them talking - she'd already told her the plan. "I make interesting decisions when I've had too much scotch."

<Tony> "Don't we all. That is one of its primary selling points, after all." He took a sip of said scotch and observed her over the rim.

<Carol> "That part where it stops you thinking about stuff? Yeah... that's nice." She nodded in agreement, "But sometimes thinking a little bit is important...."

<Tony> "Thinking is important," he agreed. "So is balance, so all you have to do is figure out the right ratio."

<Carol> Carol shook her head, "No such thing." She took a sip from her glass, hearing footsteps along the hall to the extension.

<Tony> "Of course there is." Tony took another drink and perked up at the footsteps. "And is that mom I hear?"

<Carol> "Probably on her way to forage for tea," Carol suggested, "Pretty sure if you cut her she'll bleed tea."

<Tony> "But I'd never want to cut her. Why would you want to do that? Jess is beautiful, and maybe just a little bit terrifying."

<Carol> She laughed, "I wouldn't. I'm just saying she's made up mostly of tea and sass..." she gave Jess a grin as she came into the kitchen.

<Tony> "Jess!" Tony got up from the table to greet his friend's wife, deciding halfway there to go in for the hug.

<Jessica> "Hello, Tony. Nice to see you," she returned the hug, giving him a small squeeze.

<Tony> "It's great to see you. How are you?" He let her go and put on his winning grin.

<Jessica> "I'm good... Busy, but that's how I like it. How about you?" She smiled at him before heading to the kettle.

<Tony> "Leader of the free world, so you know, I stay occupied." Tony leaned against the counter beside her. "I can't help but notice your worst half isn't here. Is he off terrorizing some administrative assistants?"

<Jessica> "Probably," she laughed, "It's a hobby."

<Tony> "Just speaking for myself, but I've always thought those intimidation tactics were a little heavy-handed, you know." Tony cocked his head and turned to inspect the coffee machine.

<Jessica> "He could be a lot worse," Jess replied, leaning against the counter, "I've seen waaaaay worse."

<Tony> "Well you do associate with some interesting people." Tony inspected the machine for a moment and then popped open a panel.

<Carol> Carol watched him with the coffee machine, "If you break that thing I'll never forgive you..."

<Tony> "Just taking a look under the hood." Tony gave her his bright grin and then went back to his prodding. "A little over designed for a coffee pot, but I can respect it."

<Carol> "You can talk to it and it makes coffee for you. It's the best thing ever."

<Tony> "You don't even like coffee," he told Jess, then looked at Carol. "You do, but you don't live here. Or, do you? How goes the mission?"

<Carol> "It's... hit kind of a snag... in the form of naked blue teleporting demons that have a habit of stealing stuff... I'm hoping Broo will come and fix the portal controls because they're broken and this is kind of his fault," she looked at Jess.

<Jessica> "We've left a message. You know how he gets... But that coffee machine is Sebastian's current pet project so don't mess with it too much..." She turned to pour hot water into her mug.

<Tony> "Naked demons? Blue ones? Carol, I know we were just talking about the positive and negative effects of scotch, but..." His eyebrows did a little dance of disbelief.

<Carol> "No, they're real! Ask Sebastian. He was there. We thought we'd seen the last of them when Cess and I went and busted up their home to get all our stuff back before... But, I guess, in the last few years while the building's been empty they kinda made themselves at home... Pretty sure I gave them a good scare yesterday though so..."

<Jessica> Jess nodded, "Yeah they're real... Broo named them 'BAMFs'. It's an acronym but I'll be damned if I can remember what he said the letters were for...."

<Tony> "Sebastian has more than a passing acquaintance with scotch, too." Tony was still tinkering with the coffee machine as he glanced back at the two women.

<Carol> "Yeah but, unlike me, he wasn't drinking scotch while we were stuck in traffic to stop him climbing out of the car to yell at people."

<Tony> "Shocking." Tony winced when the circuitry popped and shot Jess an innocent grin.

<Jessica> "Okay, step away from the coffee machine..." Jess approached with her tea, "That's enough tinkering."

<Tony> "It's fine," he assured her, wiping his singed fingers on his suit jacket. "Or, it will be."

<Carol> "You sure you don't want to unplug it before you fuck with it? You know... so you don't get electrocuted?"

<Tony> Tony gave her a flat look. "I won't get electrocuted. Did you forget who I am?"

<Carol> "That doesn't make you immune to electricity..." Carol pointed out.

<Tony> "It makes me immune to making mistakes that would cause electrocution." Still, he left the machine alone to retrieve his scotch.

<Jessica> "Says the man that just got zapped by the coffee machine," Jess took a seat at the table with a small smirk of amusement.

<Tony> Tony waved away that concern and took a sip of scotch, joining the ladies at the table.

<Jessica> Jess saw the look Carol was giving her over the rim of her glass and barely managed to keep the eyeroll internal. "So, what have you been up to? Any fun side projects you found time for while you're not Presidenting?"

<Tony> "People keep telling me that presidenting is a full time job. I find the key to that is delegation." Tony made himself comfortable, still eying that coffee maker. "I'd like to have more time in the lab. Maybe help Hope with a few projects..." He perked up, head whipping back to grin at Jess. "Sebastian wouldn't mind if I spent a little quality time with his projects."

<Jessica> "If you're asking me for permission, I'm not going to give it. You'll have to ask him yourself." She tapped her nails on the mug for a moment, "Got nothing better to do while you're here in Boston than get on Sebastian's nerves?"

<Tony> Tony sighed, but whipped out his phone to text Sebastian. He'd learned his lesson about crossing Jess. "Nope, not really. It's better than the White House."

<Jessica> "So this is a very boring vacation for you, huh? What are you doing all day?"

<Tony> He raised his eyebrow, looking up from his phone. "I wouldn't say boring."

<Jessica> "Oh? So what are you doing? You don't strike me as a daytime tv kind of person."

<Tony> "Not since Jerry Springer was canceled," he said with a gusty sigh, dropping his phone onto the table and picking up his scotch. "It would be more fun if we got out to see the sights, but my bodyguards just keep passing me back and forth." Tony gave Carol a smirk.

<Carol> "Don't complain. You have way more fun with Rogue than me but she needs a break now and then."

<Tony> "She needs... a break?" He rolled those words around for a while as he contemplated this.

<Carol> "Yeah, you know... to shower, eat, sleep... visit friends... You can't keep her all to yourself."

<Tony> "Because that would be... unpleasant?" Tony's mouth twitched as he remembered his most recent shower time with Rogue.

<Carol> "For her or for you?" Carol asked in reply, not sure which of them Tony was thinking about at this point.

<Tony> "I'm always delightful company," he said with a grin, finishing his scotch. "So it must be her."

<Carol> "She can't wear the inhibitor all the time either... not very bullet proof without it..." Carol was watching Jess for any clues she might be picking up.

<Tony> "She doesn't wear it all the time." That he knew of anyway. Of course she'd been wearing it for her drunken orgy earlier, but... "As I recall, you were wearing one too this morning."

<Carol> "Yeah... and mine is old and beatup and I'm surprised it still works every time I put it on. But this isn't about me..."

<Tony> "Oh, so we're actually talking about Rogue." He glanced between the two women.

<Jessica> Jess had already agreed to take the hit for the team because her relationship with Tony didn't include a paycheque. "I have concerns..."

<Tony> Tony sat up. Oh, an ambush! This made the day more exciting. "Is that so?"

<Jessica> "I'm worried you've crossed a line with Rogue that you shouldn't have... and that it might impair her ability to do her job."

<Tony> He cocked his head. "And what line is that?" Tony looked over at Carol, trying to calculate where this came from. "The last time I checked, we are both consenting adults."

<Carol> Carol used the excuse of her empty glass to flee from that look.

<Jessica> "Don't look at her. She can't help you," Jess put in, "You might both be adults but you are not equal partners in your relationship. You're in a position of power over her."

<Tony> "Ha! Have you met her? Are you absolutely sure about that?"

<Jessica> "Tony..." It was hard work trying to get him to be serious for any length of time.

<Tony> Tony's eyes narrowed. "You're really worried about this. Both of you." He pitched his voice so Carol the coward could hear him, too. "All... three of you? Is this why Rogue wanted to play pass the president today?"

<Carol> Carol sighed, "Maybe a little bit?" She ran a hand through her hair, "Look... you know if it was me or someone in your Secret Service detail this wouldn't even be an issue because it's flat out illegal... for exactly this kind of reason... you're not on an equal footing."

<Tony> "To me she is." He frowned. "Do you think I've coerced her?"

<Jessica> "No, of course not..." Jess reached to put her hand on his arm, "And we're not saying she feels that way either... just that, whether you think it matters or not, there's an imbalance and even without knowing it it could have an effect on how you behave with each other.... not to mention certain recent events I'm not sure you entirely thought through."

<Tony> Tony's eyebrows were getting a lot of exercise today. "Recent events? Is this about the orgy? Because I wasn't even involved in that."

<Carol> Carol muttered an apology as the glass in her hand shattered.

<Tony> "...is it about the dead hooker then?"

<Jessica> Well used to Tony's distraction tactics, Jess wasn't falling for it and pointed Carol towards where there was a dustpan so she could clean up the glass. "No, Tony. This is about the X-men and whether or not this was for your Presidential Legacy or for some sort of grand gesture to make your girlfriend happy."

<Tony> Tony sat back, taking some time to process all of that. "Hey, Carol? When you get that cleaned up, could you - you know what, never mind, I'll do it." He jumped up from the chair and bolted for the scotch.

<Jessica> Aha! She was on to something. "Which part of that sentence made you uncomfortable, Tony?" Jess sipped her tea.

<Carol> Carol moved out of the way so Tony didn't have to climb over her on the way to more scotch. He probably wouldn't but, since he'd caused her to waste her last glass, she hoped he'd replace it while he was there.

<Tony> Tony started to pour three, hoping to distract Jess with some scotch, too. "What makes you think I'm uncomfortable? With any of it? I'm very comfortable."

<Jessica> "Instead of answering, you ran for the scotch," Jess pointed out, "Are you going to answer the question or shall I assume the whole sentence struck a little too close to home?"

<Tony> "Was that really just one sentence? Because it seemed like there were several parts to your argument, counsel." He set one on a chair beside Carol and went back to the table with the other two, placing one in front of her.

<Jessica> Jess ignored the scotch in favour of her tea, "You're dodging the question."

<Carol> Oh hey! There was more scotch! Carol finished cleaning up the mess she'd made, washed her hands, and claimed her prize.

<Tony> "What about backing the X-Men is a bad move, exactly? The visuals are great. Humans and mutants, working together for the greater good. Everyone loves a comeback story, after all. Just look at me." Tony grinned.

<Carol> "It's not a bad idea... it just takes more than two seconds of thought about it... and a plan... preferably before starting stuff... Like, I would have preferred someone warn me the building you decided they were going to use wasn't full of naked blue kleptomaniacs before we start maintainence work..." Carol sat back down at the table.

<Tony> "In my defense, no one could foresee naked blue kleptomaniacs." He paused to take a long drink. "I want to see one of those. Field trip?"

<Carol> "Uh... I don't think that's a good idea without a lot more pairs of eyes... and some hazmat...."

<Tony> "Fine." He waved the idea away. "Maybe I can build a containment unit and you can catch one," he mused.

<Carol> "They're teleporters..." Carol wrinkled her nose, "And their teleporting gas cloud stinks and it's not even a breathe through the mouth kind of sme- Hey!" Jess had zapped her under the table.

<Jessica> "Back on topic. Don't fall for his shenanigans."

<Tony> "How are they shenanigans? I'm gathering valuable information on these demons." He took another drink. "Teleporters! That definitely sounds like a project then."

<Jessica> "Yes, good. You have a project that isn't sabotaging Sebastian's. Now do you think you can answer our concerns or at least promise to think about them and perhaps discuss them with Rogue?"

<Tony> "Yeah, what were those again? I'm not sure I caught that." He swirled his glass, watching the scotch spin.

<Jessica> She was remembering why she liked to have a Sebastian buffer when Tony visited but Jess stuck to her guns. "That your relationship with Rogue is more than it should be and is going to compromise her ability to do her job."

<Tony> "How exactly does it compromise her ability to do her job? I'm frankly offended on her behalf for that. Do you doubt her professionalism?"

<Jessica> "No, I doubt yours." Jess wasn't afraid to be honest.

<Tony> Tony's gasp of mock offense was laced with the finest of sarcasm. He took a drink.

<Jessica> "Case in point: You're sleeping with your bodyguard."

<Tony> "And I return to the original point that we are both consenting adults, and I respect her."

<Carol> Carol stole Jess' ignored scotch to drink, "Tony... are you willfully ignoring that this isn't about you both being consenting adults?"

<Tony> "What I'm trying to wrap my head around here is how it's anyone's business but mine and Rogue's?"

<Jessica> "People notice things, Tony... the press notice things...."

<Carol> Carol chewed her lip, "And... I sort of... offered... to make it my business...."

<Tony> "And why couldn't she just speak to me about this?" Tony knew she'd been off today. Things were fine in the morning, but once she'd sobered up...

<Carol> "Because she's not you and it's awkward to talk about. She didn't want to upset you..."

<Tony> "She loves to upset me! I want to go get a burger? Nope. Security risk." That reminded him of something. "Speaking of - Starbucks. I want it."

<Carol> "You know that's not remotely the same issue, right?" Carol rolled her eyes, "Tony... be honest... if not with us then at least with yourself... do you want something else with Rogue? Because if you do... then she can't do this job anymore. You know that, right? It changes the relationship. It makes you more vulnerable. Both of you."

<Tony> Tony sat up and met her eyes. "I'll take your input under consideration."

<Carol> "You need to have this conversation with her..." Carol told him, "But... carefully... Preferably with a few glasses of scotch already on board."

<Tony> "Thank you for your concern." He gave her a tight smile.

<Jessica> Jess got to her feet, "What do you want from Starbucks? Your usual order? I'll get it...."

<Tony> Tony perked up. "The usual! Yes, and if they have any peanut butter cookies..."

<Jessica> "They are a given," Jess assured him, "They are a not so secret addiction of mine." She gave him a gentle pat as she passed him on the way to the door, "Don't touch the coffee machine while I'm gone! I'll know!" Because Widget or Sharky would totally tell her. She loved her spies.

<Tony> "Your husband's toys are safe with me." He gave her a grin and as soon as she left he went for the coffee machine.

<Carol> "You are going to lose a hand and then I'm gonna have to explain that to your not-girlfriend." Carol sighed but made no move to stop him. "I'm sorry about this... the whole situation is kind of my fault... well... mostly Sebastian's and a little bit scotch's fault but I don't like to blame scotch for things."

<Tony> "We're done talking about it, Carol," he called, but there wasn't any heat to his tone as he opened a drawer, made a pleased noise, and went to work on the coffee machine with a butter knife.

<Carol> "Okay, okay..." she held up her hands, "I'll just sit here and drink my scotch and wait for you to electrocute yourself in silence."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6