10/14 Issue: Pharming Pheromones

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

10/14 Issue: Pharming Pheromones

Post by Slarti »

Timelined on Friday, April 14.

Redd: It'd already been a busy day, and the last rush of customers were messy entitled asswipes. Free samples her ass. Redd found a wad of gum on the end of the counter and made a disgusted noise. People were fucking awful.

Daken: Daken had found a review of pot shops online and through that decided he'd check this one out to get something better than the trash weed he'd picked up at the illegal pot farm he'd taken down. He walked through the door and was assaulted by smells instantly, it took him a second to reorient himself. Most of the smells were good at least. When he'd caught his bearings he started about the store trying to decide what he would buy before he went to the counter.

Redd: She heard the door and popped up from behind the counter and her successful search for rubber gloves. "Welcome to Phoenix Pharms, let me know if I can help you." She gave the guy a once-over and a smile and grabbed the bottle of cleanser.

Daken: Daken gave the girl a smile when she'd offered to help him. "Thanks, just getting the essentials before I come up and pick your brain." He eyed her carefully so she wouldn't notice him checking her out, she was very cute. Now he couldn't decide if he'd focus on the pot paraphernalia or mess with her a little.

Redd: "I think my brain might be tapped for the day," she said, tone amused. "But I will help you with what I can. Once I get this gum off." She indicated her sticky gross job that Jean was so going to owe her for.

Daken: "Rough day?" He started to send some pheromones her way to help her calm down a little. "Do you have a can of compressed air?"

Redd: "Busy day, with a little bit of ugh and ew." She sighed. "Maybe? Why?"

Daken: "If you turn the can upside down you can freeze the gum and it will pry right off." He found a nifty looking little pipe he liked and grabbed it. "Makes cleaning sticky things like that easier." Daken decided to add a little more to the pheromone cocktail to start making her a little excited.

Redd: "Oh." She brightened up a little and went back behind the counter to rummage for any compressed air. "That makes sense." Of course, she could just wait until this guy left and see if Jean would come up front and do her thing to it. But it was gross. She wanted it gone.

Daken: Daken gave her a little smile, slowly upping the amount of pheromones in the air as he kept perusing. "Nice little store you got here. Not as pretentious as some of the ones I looked up. I'm used to the fake newagey places. Where you know they're feeding you a line of bullshit as soon as you walk in."

Redd: She made a pleased noise that came out oddly when she found the air. Straightening up again, she watched him move through the store. He... wasn't her type, but there was something about him. She licked her lips.

Redd: "We don't sell bullshit here." Maybe... maybe Jean was onto something with guys.

Daken: "That's good. It'd smell pretty bad in here if you did." Daken winced a little at the bad joke. This city was starting to rub off on him. "Sorry, bad jokes run in my family." He grabbed a few more things that he knew he would need before looking at the more expensive stuff. If he was going to mess with the girl, he could at least give her a good sales day to make her boss happy.

Redd: She giggled - giggled! But before she could wonder about herself, Redd went to the evil gum wad and hit it with the upside down air can. "It's fine. Just the right balance of good and bad."

Daken: Daken brought his haul up to the counter and set it down. The whole time he was starting to add in pheromones to the cocktail that would arouse her. "How is your epic battle against the evil gum going?"

Redd: She paused in her scraping and looked up at him with a slow smile. "Better than expected, thanks!" She straightened up and set her weapons aside, peeling off her gloves.

Daken: "Glad I could help." Daken gave her a warm smile and decided to see how well the pheromones were working by checking her out more obviously. "Well I've managed to find everything my experience tells me I need. Now I'll need to pick your brain."

Redd: "Oh yeah?" Redd noticed his elevator eyes and returned the favor with a smirk. "I bet you're pretty experienced, so what can I do for you?"

Daken: "I have a decent bit of experience. Though I haven't kept up with all of these new strains of pot. I'm pretty sure what I grew up on would be called ditch weed now." Daken laughed a little.

Redd: "Oh, we're way beyond ditch weed now," she laughed, leaning on the counter and raising a hand to toy with her hair. "It all depends on what kind of effect you're going for..." Her voice sounded huskier and she cleared her throat.

Daken: Daken smiled a little, his smile becoming a lusty grin as he watched her. "I'm just looking for a good time. Little de-stressing and enjoyment."

Redd: "Well then, I've got a few ways to help you with that." She smirked. This guy was hot. Wow.

Daken: "Oh? Do tell." He smirked and moved a little closer to her.

Redd: "There are a lot of strains that help with stress management, along with some... other techniques." Redd moved her shoulders just so, showing off her cleavage to advantage.

Daken: Daken let his eyes wander down to her cleavage with a smirk. "Techniques?"

Redd: She grinned. "Well how do you normally like to relax?" After a beat, she offered her hand. "I'm Redd, by the way."

Daken: "Well usually I smoke a little and relax in the tub." He gave her a little chuckle, enjoying the mental image that probably gave her. "Daken. Nice to meet you."

Redd: "Nice to meet you, too." Her touch lingered a little longer than it should have as she did just that. She wouldn't mind getting wet with this guy... Redd blinked at herself, but the moment of doubt quickly faded.

Daken: Daken made sure to hit her with more pheromones when their hands touched. His grin growing when she let her hand linger. "So what are you thinking for my relaxation needs Redd?"

Redd: "...I've got a few ideas." Biting down on her lip, she looked at their joined hands, then back up, meeting his dark eyes. Redd pulled on his hand to tug him over the counter and leaned close, meeting him halfway. Then, surprising even herself, she kissed him.

Daken: Daken was only slightly surprised at the kiss, but he returned it after a slight pause to feign surprise. "It seems like you might have a more than a few ideas hmm?"

Redd: "Mmhmm," she mumbled, nipping at his lower lip and reaching for his shoulder with her other hand.

Jean: In her office, Jean hadn't been paying much attention to what was going on out front. She was on the phone with one of her suppliers, and was hearing some juicy industry gossip. She glanced up at the security monitors and then looked again. Whaaat?

Daken: Daken pressed into the kiss, wondering how far she'd go in the open. His fingers brushing up her arm slowly. He wasn't opposed to doing things in public.

Jean: At first, Jean thought that might have been a really short-haired chick. Which, while kind of questionable in the store, was more understandable. That, however, was definitely a dude. Distracted now, she babbled her way out of the call.

Redd: She wasn't opposed to doing things in public either. Redd felt like she was on fire, but the mechanics of this were kind of in question. Before she could think too far ahead, she buried both hands in his hair and sighed into his mouth.

Daken: Daken broke the kiss off slowly with a smile. "We should probably stop in case another customer comes in and gets the wrong idea of the shop." He gave her a smirk and pressed another kiss to her lips.

Redd: She opened her eyes, licking her lips as she returned the smile. "We do have a back room..."

Jean: Jean was in that back room, and impatiently flicked her hair over her shoulder as she opened the door and stepped out onto the sales floor.

Daken: Daken laughed a little. "I have a feeling your boss wouldn't appreciate that." He thumbed over to the woman that just entered the scene, assuming she was the boss.

Jean: "Hey, Redd, aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?" Jean had her big girl voice on and was feeling good about the situation, despite the WTF circling in the back of her head.

Redd: "Oops," she giggled, straightening up and rearranging her shirt. "I was just... giving him some advice on relaxation techniques."

Daken: "She's been very helpful." Daken did his best to hide the smirk. "She's convinced me to buy a decent amount of product that I'm sure I will be happy with." He gave Jean a smile.

Jean: "Well, that's great! We do like to take good care of our customers." Jean gave Redd side eye, but the girl was still giving the Asian dude googly eyes.

Daken: "She was just telling me some of the different strains there are now. When it comes to the actual strains my knowledge is quite lacking."

Jean: "Oh?" Jean brightened and moved to the counter to reach for their charts. The charts were very educational, and colorful and she loved them.

Daken: Daken looked at the charts and the information they had on them. "Well this is quite impressive. Very in depth without being over the top."

Jean: "Thank you!" Jean enthused, her voice going up, then down a bit. She looked up at him and found herself doing an inventory. She grinned.

Redd: Redd was watching her boss with squinted eyes, because her new friend Daken was talking to her now. Jean had her own dick now and it wasn't fair she steal hers.

Daken: Daken looked through the charts trying to decide what he wanted besides a piece of Redd right now. "I have quite a chemical tolerance, strong metabolism. Is there something you could suggest?"

Redd: Hadn't she been all oooh Jamie ever since he came in here? And the ex'd hit on her first, she might add...

Jean: "High tolerance, huh?" Jean twirled a lock of hair around her finger as she sorted through the charts. When she found what she was looking for she tapped it with a manicured nail. "These strains have higher THC content," she said, giving the guy a smirk. He had some nice eyes... "Perfect for tough guys like you."

Daken: "That would be perfect." He looked over at Redd and gave her a little wink. "You've got a great salesperson here." Daken nodded over to Redd. "Very attentive to a customer's needs. Though I did have to help her defeat a pink monster."

Redd: She smiled at his wink. "It was my pleasure. I'd love to help you again sometime."

Jean: "Pink monster, huh?" She was pretty sure she'd interrupted before any pink monster wrestling actually happened, but hey. Jean stacked up her charts and found herself laying her hand on his arm. "I'll get that for you, sir," she purred. Oh, muscles. Niiice.

Daken: "Oh I'm sure that can be arranged. I'll definitely be bringing my business here more often. This is quite a nice little shop." Daken gave her a smile. "Maybe you could help update my knowledge over coffee sometime Redd?"

Jean: Jean went to the locked case near the back door to get a few grams. As she focused on her task, her stomach dropped. She swallowed, squeezing her eyes closed and checked her shields. They were fine. What. The. Actual. Fuck. Jean reached for Jamie, just to feel his reassuring presence, and bit her lip.

Jean: Redd's surprising hetero turn and - OMG she fondled this rando! - suddenly made sense. Fucker! ....fucker who was about to drop some serious cash. Shit.

Redd: With the distraction gone, Redd started to ring up his order, leaning on the counter and sneaking a hand over to his arm. "I'd love to."

Daken: "Any time, I have quite the open schedule. Consulting means I can make my own hours." He gave her a smile and offered Redd one of his cards with his cell number on it.

Redd: She took the card and tucked it into a pocket after reading the name imprinted there. "Consulting, huh? Sounds interesting."

Jean: Fuck. She couldn't shield from fucking pheromones. Would Febreze work? She sure as fuck was gonna find out! In the meantime, as she finished packaging his order with shaking hands, she called on the fire. With a fluttering of wings, she felt the guy's influence dissolve away.

Jean: Jean took a deep breath, held the fire and her open link close, and went back to the counter with the weed. Whatevs. He wasn't even that cute. Jaaaaaaamie?

Daken: "Yes, when you've picked up a decent amount of skills consulting can make a pretty penny. Security is usually the most lucrative. You would be surprised to hear how much some places will pay you to tell them how bad their security is." Daken laughed a little. "The worst job was probably trying to teach old white guys how to not be sexist pricks in court."

Redd: "Security? That's exciting." She was nibbling her lip, wishing she was nibbling his instead.

Jean: Jean gave her eyes an internal roll at the guy's humble bragging and let out an mental sigh at Jamie's immediate Jeaaaaan? She used his presence in her head and the fire to hold off the horny fumes. "Here you go, sir." Jean took over and read him the total, finishing packaging everything up since Redd was absolutely useless.

Daken: Daken handed her his credit card. "Thank you for all the help today. I appreciate it."

Jean: I neeeeed yoooouu. She ran the card, noting the name on it, and spun the screen for him to sign. "And thank you for your business," she said, proud of herself for not sounding insane in any way. Good job! But then she was also breathing as little as possible.

Daken: Daken signed with a little stylus pen that he pulled out of his pocket. "I'm sure you'll be seeing me more often. I told Redd how much trouble I had finding a decent shop."

Jean: Greeeaaaaat. Jean put on a smile for him, "Wonderful! We do pride ourselves on our service!" Okay, sounding weirder. She'd need oxygen soon. Jamie's confused response matched her own feels at the moment, so that was a good sign in her book.

Daken: Daken gave Redd another smile as he gathered up his purchases and started for the door. "Have a nice day you two."

Jean: "Thank you, you too!" Jean reached under the counter and grabbed that bottle of Febreze.

Redd: "Thaaaaanks, I hope we'll see you again soon."

Jean: This time Jean didn't bother to hide that eye roll at Redd. “Ugh, well that fucking sucked!” The second he was out of sight, Jean sprinted for the door and locked it, turning off the open sign. "Okay, bitch, we gotta have a talk."

Redd: Redd watched Jean sprint around the store, spraying Febreze and then sneezing at it. She crossed her arms. “Why? He's hot. You were totally into him, too.”

Jean: “No I was not! And neither are you!” Would sage work? Banish the evil vibes! She had some, because hippies like Redd bought it, but she thought it smelled like burning kitchen cabinets. “Did you not notice he's a dude?”

Redd: “Hey! Don't shame me! Sexual orientation is fluid.” Redd pulled out the business card, raising it to her nose. Mmm.

Jean: She stopped her search for the sage and snatched the card. “Please. You have a tattoo that says 'vaginatarian!'”

Redd: Redd's hands went to her hips. Oh, it was on. “Whatever, bitch! Look at you! Some dude gives you puppy eyes and you're right back on the D!”

Jean: Her mouth dropped open. “Jamie's not some dude! He's... my... um, we just belong together...” she finished, voice soft. And now she was going to have to explain this shit to him, even though this time was totally not her fault.

Jean: “Anyway, this isn't about you, or me,” she said, shoving the card into her suit pocket and forcing herself back on track. “He's a mutant.”

Redd: “And? So are you!” Redd frowned. It was kind of weird that she'd gotten so carried away. Wait... “Did he mindfuck me?!”

Jean: “No, it's, like, this smell... that can make you want to do things. Pheromones.” Jean sighed. “I know other people who can do it, but generally you don't just do it to strangers!”

Redd: “What... the... fuck!” She was so confused, bracing herself on the counter.

Jean: She licked her lips and reached for Redd's hand. “Take the rest of the day off and go home. Take a shower. It'll wear off.” She tried to smile.

Redd: She let Jean take her hand and shook her head. “O...kay.” After a moment, she pulled away and went to get her purse.

Jean: “We can talk about it later, okay? Sorry he did that to you.” Jean watched Redd vanish into the back room and sagged against the counter. She gave the room another spritz and reached for Jamie. You are not gonna believe what just happened.