10/15 Issue: Terrorist Cookies

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

10/15 Issue: Terrorist Cookies

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: April 12th, 2023 – Immediately following Sleuthing on the Enemy

Jamie: [So... Are the cookies ready? Cuz I need me some cookies. Yum yum eat em up] Jamie smirked as he sent the text to Jess, staring up at the building from where his car was parked on the street across from it. "This is really their house? This is so not a house."

Jessica: Jess laughed as she read the text and messaged back, [Fresh from the oven. Come and get 'em!]

Jamie: "They're ready!" He bounced in his seat and leaned over to kiss Jean. "Let's go in!"

Jean: Jean was now highly caffeinated and nervous as shit. "This is really their house," she said, looking up at it. She was distracted by the kiss, but - "I didn't know you stayed in touch with Jess..."

Jamie: "Well, I didn't. Not really. But I had her number from after all of the cult stuff in case I needed to talk. She read comics with me back in my spy fort at the old, old school."

Jean: Awww, the fort! She missed that thing. "Ah, okay..." Jean nibbled at her lip. "Um. Full disclosure? Jess is my therapist."

Jamie: Oh. Um. Right. "So... Does she know that we're... That I'm.. You know. We fixed it?"

Jean: "I haven't talked to her, so nope." Jean put on a twitchy grin. "She'll be surprised!"

Jamie: Jamie pulled a face, "Good surprise... Or bad surprise?"

Jean: "Oh, good surprise!" At least, she thought so. "She's... well she knew I still loved you," she said with a shrug.

Jamie: Well that was good then. He grinned and kissed her again before hopping out. Jamie rushed around and opened her door with a flourish. "Cookies await, babe!"

Jean: Jean bounced out of the car without wasting time, since triple and she was wearing pants today. She also decided she wanted one more kiss before they entered potentially awkward town so she flung her arms around his neck to plant one on him.

Jessica: In the kitchen, Jess wondered if she'd gone a little overboard with the cookies... Maybe. "Widget, no! You have to let them cool and set before you move them..." The robot burbled sadly as his cookie fell apart. Jess sighed, "It's okay... just wait a little bit longer, alright?"

Jamie: Jamie wasn't one to turn down a kiss, so he wrapped his arms around her and kissed back happily. But... Cookies... Kisses... Cookies... Cookies were only warm for so long, so he ended the kiss and grabbed her hand to lead her up to the door. "Cookies!" Ding dong!

Jean: "She really is good at cooking. Um, baking..." She waved her free hand. "You know, making foods that aren't from the freezer to the microwave." Jean shrugged. "Oh, and it's an old church they turned into a house, so it's def kinda weird inside."

Jessica: Widget abandoned his spatula and went to answer the door in his apron and chef hat. Jess giggled and cleaned up the evidence of the mangled cookie by feeding it to Sharky, "Now no one will ever know."

Jamie: Jamie jerked in surprise at the robot maid. "They have a Rosey," he whispered to Jean. "Why do they have a Rosey?"

Jessica: Widget burbled confusedly in response to Jamie's question, correcting him on his name. Not that Jamie understood a word he was saying. Then he moved to invite them inside.

Jean: "That's Widget. Told ya it's weird inside." Jean grinned. "Hi Widget!" She led Jamie in. "Did you ever see her silver dog thing?"

Jamie: "Um. No? Maybe. I should remember something like that, right?" He kept an eye on the robot, looking it over as he walked by. "Widget? I'm... Um. I'm Jamie. Can he understand me? Or do I look like a doofus?"

Jean: "He understands you. He just... speaks his own language. Jess understands him. Her husband made him." Jean looked up the stairs, wondering where Sharky was. "Okay, so don't freak out if you get tackled by a silver thing that looks kind of like Professor Kincaid..."

Jessica: Widget nodded and patted Jamie, gesturing to the stairs and informing them that Jessica was in the kitchen as he closed the front door.

Jamie: "Mr. Shaw made him? Cool! I remember him from... Um. Well," his nose wrinkled, "from seven years ago." Anywhooo... Moving off of that topic. "Jeeeesss! Cookiiiieeeees!"

Jean: Jean winced when his voice echoed. "She has super hearing, remember?" Jean felt his mood change whiplash and... oh, right. Shit.

Jamie: Right... Whoops. "Well, if she was a block over, then she would be coming back now."

Jessica: Jess winced a little at the yell, "I'm in the kitchen!" She called down, "Two flights up."

Jamie: Two fl- Like, whole stories? "Holy hell, this place is weird."

Jean: "Yup, two stories up. Wait until you see the balconies. Old church." Jean rose onto her toes and gave him another kiss, then started up the stairs. She knew that Jess had heard her the second she talked to Widget and boy was she gonna have some 'splainin' to do.

Jamie: "Damn..." He took the stairs two at a time once the scent of the cookies reached his nose. "Cookies!" He slid to a stop in the door of the kitchen. "Cookies! Hi, Jess!"

Jean: He passed her and made quite the entrance and she had to cover her mouth to stifle a giggle. So cute when he was all excited.

Jessica: "Hello!" Jess went to give Jamie a hug, "Long time no see! How are you?"

Jamie: "Great! Thanks for the invite to have cookies!" Jamie hugged her back, "I was on a stake out, so I'm starving. And cookies are always delicious. Unless they're burned."

Jean: "Hey Jess," she said, mostly taming the giggle, and moved in for a hug of her own.

Jessica: Jess gave Jean a hug too, "Something you need to tell me? Been a while since I've seen you two in the same room." She gestured them to the table where some of the cookies had already been plated.

Jamie: Ooh three flavors! Jamie picked up one of each and stacked them in his hand as he sat down. He waved them under his nose and closed his eyes in bliss. "Epic misunderstanding. Fixed it."

Jessica: Jess' eyebrows went up, "Oh yeah?" she looked between them, "Do you want anything to drink with your cookies?"

Jean: "Truly, truly epic misunderstanding." She gave Jess a big-eyed look, then grinned. "But now we're good." She grabbed a chocolate chip cookie and laughed. "Anything but coffee!"

Jamie: "Water's fine." He picked the most colorful one to try first. It was surprisingly sour. He thought those were maybe giant sprinkles. Good, though.

Jessica: "So you're back together then?" She got them both some water and set the glasses on the table, catching Miriam when she ran in chasing Sharky with a cape. "You're going to make Edna Mode cry." "No capes!" Miriam giggled.

Jamie: Jamie laughed, "Capes snag on missiles and get sucked into jet engines!"

Jean: "Thanks," she said for the water, giggling at Miriam, and Jamie's response. See, silver dog thing!

Jamie: Silver dog thing needs to lose the cape before it gets pulled into a vortex. He raised both eyebrows at Jean in a look that said clearly what he thought of capes. "Hey, kiddo. I'm Jamie. I go way back with your mom and your da...d." Hmm. Yep.

Jessica: Miriam realised there was company and went all shy, burrowing against her mommy's neck, "Hi..." she mumbled. Jess laughed, giving Miriam a cuddle, "She's going through a shy phase... Jamie was at school with Mommy."

Jean: "Hi Miri," she said. "The cookies are really good." She'd been nibbling on hers and her eyes slid to Jamie when he mentioned Jess' husband. "Jamie is my boyfriend."

Jamie: "Yep! That's me!" He put the cookie in his hand in his mouth to hold so he could stick his hand out for a high five.

Jessica: Miriam giggled and wriggled until her mom set her back on her feet, declaring she was going to draw a picture and running off again. Jess moved to sit down at the table, putting the cape in a safe location. "Well this is a nice surprise visit," she smiled at Jamie and Jean, "It's really good to see you together again."

Jamie: Jamie slowly took his rejected hand away and put it to the cookie, shoving the whole thing in his mouth with his palm.

Jean: She laughed at Jamie's reaction, then grinned at Jess. "It's good to be together again.”

Jessica: "So what are you two up to that you have time to come here for free cookies?" Not that she minded the company. Adult company was always nice.

Jean: Jean slid the water closer to Jamie so he didn't die from his little trick. "Um..."

Jamie: Jamie gave Jean a smile with his eyes since his cheeks were currently too full to move as he chewed. He pulled out his wallet and slid a card to Jess. 'X-Factor Investigations: Jamie Madrox, Private Detective' That always made him happy to hand out his card. He was finally legit and he wanted everyone to know it.

Jessica: Jess took the card and smiled at him, "Congratulations, Jamie. I knew you could do it."

Jean: "He's good!" Jean finished her own cookie and took a sip of water. "And he has some fun James Bond toys."

Jamie: He gave her a thumbs up as he finally was able to chew enough of the cookie to swallow it, then drank some of the water to wash the rest down. "Thanks! We were on a stake out, like I said earlier, and I thought I would check on you to, y'know, make sure things were good... Mr. Shaw hired me to tail some guy a little bit ago, so thought I would just check in." Aww, Jeannie. Jamie grinned at his girlfriend, "Thanks, babe."

Jean: She really wanted to warn Jess about creepy Viper watching them bake, but ugh. She remembered the talks about opsec from the X-Men. "You're welcome," she said, returning the grin. "It's true," she giggled and winked at Jess. "I let him stalk me for fun."

Jamie: "Now wait a minute. I didn't stalk you! I didn't know it even was you." Oh, she was teasing. He knew that. "I mean... Right. Yep." Good job, Madrox.

Jean: Jean couldn't help it, she covered her mouth to laugh. You're fiiiine. She reached across the table to take his hand.

Jessica: Jess had to laugh too - some things never changed. "Well, Sebastian isn't here right now but he'll be home in a little while." And then he would be quizzed about what shady business he was getting friends involved in. She pulled one of her own cards from a case in her back pocket and offered it in exchange for Jamie's. "Swap!"

Jamie: "Awesome!" Jamie picked up the card, read it, flipped it over to look at the bare back out of habit, then flipped it back to read again. "Not sure I need a therapist right now, but I know you've done great work with Jean." He winked at Jean, then smiled at Jess, "I'm glad you told her not to call me an idiot, anyway."

Jessica: She laughed again, "Well it wasn't helping her any!"

Jamie: "Wasn't helping me any, either!"

Jean: Jean's face heated up and she took back her hand to cover her face with both. "I can't believe I said that out loud..."

Jamie: "I can," he grinned and peeled a hand from her face slowly to sneak a kiss on her cheek. "And I deserved it for what you thought."

Jessica: "Well I'm glad you two sorted it out. These things always have a way of working themselves out in the end."

Jean: "No, you didn't," she said quietly, but gave him a smile and a quick kiss in return. She kept his hand and looked back at Jess. "I do have you to thank for helping me figure my own shit out."

Jamie: "Well of course I didn't. But you thought I did and I thought you did, even though what we both thought was wrong, so that means that in the moment, what we thought the other was was valid. I love you." He grinned.

Jean: That took a moment to process, but he was right, in a Jamie sort of way. "I love you, too," she giggled.

Jessica: Jess decided she didn't need to eat cookies while they were here. She was going to get cavities without them.

Carol: Freshly showered and no longer smelling of BAMF gas, Carol headed to the kitchen and the alluring scent of cookies. Mmmm cookies.... She stopped short in the door way and blinked. Maybe some coffee. "Did Sebastian fix what Tony broke yet?"

Jessica: "Sit down, I'll get it..." Jess laughed and got up to make Carol some coffee in a french press because it was safer.

Jamie: Jamie looked up at the new voice and gave a wave with both his and Jean's connected hands. "So, Jess... How's the security here?"

Jessica: Without missing a beat, Jess pointed at Carol.

Jamie: Jamie shook his head, "No, I mean like actual security. Y' know... Systems? Cameras, door alarms, that kind of thing."

Carol: "Oh they have all of that," Carol nodded, taking a seat at the table, "Biometric locks and everything... why the weird interest in security?"

Jamie: "Is it hackable?" Jamie's thumb rubbed over the back of Jean's hand. "Just humor me."

Jessica: Jess had only met one person that could successfully hack their security so... "No - Sebastian designed it."

Jean: "And you're sure nobody can, like, sneak past his firewalls?" Jean gave Jamie a small smile at the caress and squeezed his hand.

Jessica: "What's this about, really?" Jess looked between them.

Jamie: Jamie rolled his shoulders and cut his eyes to Jean for a second before looking back at Jess. "I took her on a stake out. Just some personal recon, not a paid gig... Since the person I was staking out knows who I am, Jean went in to see if she could get a better look at things..."

Carol: Carol faked a snore, "Stakeouts are so boring...."

Jean: Personal recon? Jean arched a brow at him

Jamie: Jamie caught the look and shook his head once. Later. "Yeah, they can be pretty awful. Which is why I brought my super not-awful girlfriend along with me," he grinned. "Anywho... Jean saw the security camera feed..."

Jessica: Jess raised an eyebrow, "Who were you watching?" She turned to pour Carol's coffee and brought the mug over to her.

Carol: Mmm coffee. She inhaled the scent and made a pleased sound.

Jean: Jean chewed on her lip, watching his profile as he talked, but snerked at his not-awful comment.

Jamie: His lower lip pulled into his mouth as he debated saying who, eyes flitting between the two women he was not emotionally invested in. "A terrorist."

Carol: Carol's gaze drifted to Jess, "This terrorist... wouldn't happen to have green hair?"

Jean: Jean kept watching Jamie. This was his ...thing. Not job apparently. So what was it?

Jamie: One eye narrowed cautiously at Carol. "Why?" He barely resisted the urge to say, 'who's askin'?' but he did it and cheered a bit for himself in his head.

Carol: "I asked first," Carol pointed out, picking up a cookie.

Jamie: "Well I need an answer to my question to validate my reason for possibly blowing my investigation before I do just that. I'm not going to give any more details about this person until you answer that question." He arched an eyebrow at Carol, waiting for her to decide what she was going to do.

Jean: Watching him get all cagey was weirdly hot, although if he tried it with her later she'd want to strangle him.

Carol: Carol raised an eyebrow, "Did you forget who I work for?"

Jean: Oh, snap. Jean looked at Jess for help.

Jamie: "That's beside the point. I will not personally blow this investigation just because you can find out without my saying anything. If you're wanting to know that badly, then you can go to them. By all means."

Jean: Or not. She looked back at Jamie. Really hot. Not fair.

Carol: "That's not what I meant," she rolled her eyes.

Jessica: "Jamie... what's this really about?" Jess retook her seat, "Whatever you say here is safe, you know that, right?"

Jamie: "Nope. I definitely do not know that. Especially not after Jean saw a terrorist hacking into your security feed."

Jean: "Which could be happening again right now..." she spoke up, glancing up into the corners of the room.

Jessica: Oh now they were getting somewhere. "Why are you spying on Viper?"

Jamie: "Who said it was Viper?" His thumb started stroking Jean's hand again to let her know she was safe with him. He would protect her.

Carol: "Because only one person can do that and Viper is it," Carol replied, "Also only one person is that interested in what goes on in this house."

Jamie: "With as high up in the Hellfire Club as Mr. Shaw is? I find that highly surprising."

Jean: Jean tried to relax, squeezing his hand again and turning her attention back to the discussion.

Jessica: Jess laughed, "Nothing interesting happens in this house for them to spy on. Viper is just... she watches. It's what she does. At least we got her to stop teleporting into the living room."

Carol: "That was your outside voice."

Jamie: Jamie's eyes narrowed in concern. "And you think it's perfectly normal for a terrorist who was involved in killing so many mutants, not to mention fellow students, to be watching you and your daughter?"

Jamie: Maybe Jean wasn't the one who needed the therapist. Wow.

Jessica: "Oh no, it's not normal... but you can't really tell her no." Jess sighed, taking a sip of her tea, "She's not a threat to us... honestly, she's helped us out a few times..."

Carol: Don't think of the Brood. Don't think of the Brood. Don't think of the Brood.

Jean: "She's just a threat to everyone else..." Possibly her included, now.

Jessica: Jess shook her head, "No, not really... not unless someone really pissed her off lately..."

Jamie: Jamie just stared at Jessica, completely dumbfounded, which was saying something. "If this is a joke, it's not a very funny one and you should take improv classes or something."

Carol: "She's not kidding... Viper is a complicated woman... I don't get it but whatever it is that makes her tick, Jess' safety seems to feature high on her priority list."

Jessica: "She's done a lot to help in her own way..." Jess sipped her tea, "She's a useful ally..."

Jamie: "Yeah, okay, I get that, but she's not an ally to everyone else." Jamie frowned. May be time to find a new therapist, babe. Safety first.

Jessica: "Define everyone else..." Jess blinked at him, "If it wasn't for her information we'd have had a really hard time with the Brood invasion attempt..." she gave Carol an apologetic look for bringing them up, "Why are you spying on her anyway? Is there something you need to know?"

Jean: Lost in her own thoughts, Jean jumped a little at the sudden thought from Jamie. Oh, right. Do you know how hard it is to find a mutant therapist?!

Jamie: "Everyone who is not married and/or related to one Jessica Drew Shaw." Jamie mentally sighed at Jean then focused back on the conversation happening outside of his head. "That's none of your concern." He set his uneaten cookies back on the tray and stood. "Thanks for the hospitality, but we should be going."

Carol: Coffee was no longer enough to deal with today. She got up to help herself to some scotch.

Jessica: "You're not in any danger..." Jess got to her feet too, "None of you are... if you're not a threat to her you have nothing to worry about... but if there's something you want to know, maybe I can help?"

Jean: Jean got up too, staying close to Jamie. "But, she blew up the school, right? If we'd been in it, we might be on that memorial statue thing in Westchester, too."

Jamie: Jamie was normally able to keep a cool head, but he was starting to get agitated. Jean's safety was at risk now, not just his. "Yeah, babe. That was her. Her and someone else."

Jessica: "I was in it," Jess pointed out, "If it had been her, I wouldn't have been in danger. That was all Hydra."

Jean: "Her and someone else?" She gave Jamie a questioning look, trying to put the pieces of this together in her own head. Wait. She looked at Jess. "What do you mean, all of Hydra? Isn't she Hydra?"

Jessica: "Well, yeah... she works for Hydra... but she doesn't run Hydra. She has bosses..."

Jean: "Like that other asshole who kidnapped Rachel? Essex? Or... other ones, like -" She shot a look at Jamie and stopped herself.

Jamie: Jamie's lips flattened on themselves and he refused to look at Jean. "Yep. Like them."

Jean: Jean swallowed. You're looking for him, aren't you? She tried to catch his eyes.

Jessica: "Essex didn't work for Hydra... but I imagine they have some pretty shady people working for them... I try not to ask specifics... but I could probably get away with it."

Jamie: No. I just need to make sure I know where he is at all times. He still wouldn't look at her. "No. Thanks, but we're good. I'm a detective. I've got this."

Jessica: "If there's any way I can help... if you want me to ask her about something or someone... I can do that... you just have to ask."

Carol: Carol looked up from what might have been her third glass of scotch, or fifth... "I know it sounds insane... but it's actually better if she's out in the world... she actually has sense... Most of Hydra seem kinda crazy."

Jean: Well, there was another change to note in her Jamie. He could block her out now. Jean swallowed and shifted her weight.

Jamie: Jamie felt Jean shifting beside him and gave her hand a slight squeeze to try and reassure her that they were fine. "I hear what you're saying and I appreciate the offer. But I'm good. I've got this," he repeated. His eyes shifted to Carol. "The smarter the villain, the scarier they are. Trust me there."

Carol: "Oh yeah... but there are levels... Hydra wanted the Brood to land and attack this planet... Viper was the only one who wanted to stop them... She gave everything she knew to SHIELD and we used it to defend against them... then Hydra tried to kill her.... Just so you're in full posession of the facts. She's also saved Hope Stark's life."

Jean: "So why is she still with them then?" Jean leaned against his arm in silent support. She supposed her boogeyman was still out there somewhere too, with files about her. Creepy.

Jessica: "Because she has nowhere else to go," Jess shrugged helplessly, "Not going to lie and say she isn't useful there...."

Jamie: Jamie tried to force himself to relax as Jean leaned against him. She could probably feel the tension coming off of him in waves already, no need to give her what would equate to a brick wall to lean against. "Too bad they failed. C'mon, Jeannie."

Jessica: "They failed because we assassinated one of them and made them stop..." Full disclosure seemed to be the best way to go here. "If you think she's dangerous you have no idea the kinds of people giving her orders... which, most of the time, she ignores or thinks are stupid."

Jean: Jean definitely could. She could feel his frustration and anger and turned to go as he did. If Viper was watching them right now, shit had gotten really real. She wanted to talk to Jess, but she didn't want to dig any deeper holes. Jean glanced back .Jess, who or what is Hive?

Jessica: Jess gave Jean a questioning look, I don't know... I can maybe find out... I'll let you know... want to keep this from Jamie?

Jean: I guess, just for now. He was already annoyed enough at the moment. Just... give me a call, okay? And be careful. We're only here because we were worried about you.

Jessica: You don't need to be worried... Viper is weirdly protective of me. She made a promise to my dad a long time ago, she's not watching to be creepy... just checking in. "At least take some cookies with you...?"

Jean: Okay well if she saw me at the coffee shop today and sees us here now hopefully she won't murder us in our sleep or something, since we're not you.

Jamie: Jamie didn't want any, but didn't answer one way or the other. Jean might say no if he did. His eyes finally shifted to Jean, letting her know she could take some if she wanted.

Jessica: She won't... just... do me a favour if she shows up on your doorstep wondering why you're following her... don't melt her brains. They're really useful.... She went to put some cookies in a box for them to take.

Jean: Jean shivered, despite herself. I don't... do that. I'm not Rachel.

Jessica: Jess sent her a wave of reassuring feeling as she passed off the cookie box, I know... bad joke... too much Hope in my life. I'll talk to Viper... make sure she remembers her promise to leave XU students alone.

Jean: We're not students anymore, she pointed out, taking the box. "Thank you." I don't know how long Jamie has been tailing her, but if she goes after him, I make no promises on my restraint.

Jessica: I know that. That's why I'm going to make sure she remembers to keep the promise. X-men are off-limits. Don't care what decade they were X-men in.

Jamie: Jamie glanced down at the box in Jean's hand. "Thanks." His eyes slowly rose to look at Jess, then shifted to Carol, and back again. "I want it noted that if she or anyone she works with or for comes for Jean, the last thing they will see will be my face. C'mon, Jean. Let's go. Now."

Carol: Carol looked down as Miriam impacted her legs, "Hey kiddo! Whatcha got there?" She lifted Miriam up and looked at the picture she was holding, leaning to listen to the girl's whispered response. "Well go give it to him..." Miriam giggled and hid her face. Carol carried the girl over to Jamie and lifted the arm the drawing was at the end of, "She drew you a picture."

Jean: Jean's eyebrows shot up at his tone and she looked up, searching his face. Miriam's entrance made her jump a little.

Jamie: Jamie forced his demeanor to shift, taking a cue from his softer personality traits, and gave the girl a smile as he took the drawing to look over. "Oh wow! This is really great, kiddo! Thanks!" He showed Jean the picture of the blobby looking things scattered around the page. "It'll go on my fridge at home. Did you sign it for me so people know who the amazing artist is?" Were those milk duds? ...No they had things sticking out of them. And wings? Bugs... Gross.

Carol: Miriam whispered into her ear again and Carol held her hand out for the picture, "She'll fix it."

Jamie: Jamie grinned at Miriam and happily handed it back to be signed. "I can't wait to tell people that I have a Miriam Shaw original."

Carol: "Careful, you might end up with another girlfriend," Carol warned.

Jamie: "Good thing there's plenty of me to go around."

Jean: At the moment, Jean wasn't able to shift emotional gears as quickly as he was and while she smiled at the picture and adorable kid, she gave Jess a worried look.

Jessica: While Miriam was distracted again, Jess moved over to Jamie, "You don't have to worry about Viper, you have my word... I can't speak for the rest of Hydra... but at the moment she seems to be operating in her own little bubble which is how she prefers it..."

Jamie: "I don't care about your word," he hissed, hoping the kid didn't have super hearing. "Sorry, but it's true."

Jean: "She better keep her bubble away from ours then," she said, glancing at him when they spoke at nearly the same time.

Jamie: Jamie couldn't help the smirk that twitched at the corner of his mouth as he caught Jean's eye.

Jessica: "Would you prefer Viper's word?" Jess asked, eyebrow raised at the tone, "Because I'm pretty sure I can get it."

Jamie: "No. I don't trust her as far as I could throw this building."

Jean: Jean shrugged. She could probably throw the building pretty far...

Jessica: "She trades on her word. She'll keep it. But is there any way I can reassure you? What can I do?"

Carol: Carol watched the exchange with interest, wondering if Jamie realised they were talking about the terrorist craziness in front of her of all people and she was fine with it. That should give someone a clue.

Jamie: "Not a thing. Thanks." He sucked his lip into his mouth and played with the sound the upper one made when he moved it on it while waiting for Miriam to bring the drawing back so they could get the hell out of this looney bin.

Carol: Miriam returned, bumping into Jamie this time and holding up her drawing with a giggle. Carol chewed her lip, "Is there anything I can do?"

Jamie: Jamie was not expecting that at all and wobbled on his feet, the force creating a dupe that was scowling at the room. "See? Plenty of me to go around..." He squatted down to be eye level with Miriam as he reabsorbed the dupe without a thought about it. "Thanks! I'll send your mom a picture when I get it all situated in the kitchen! Unless... Do you want me to put it somewhere else?"

Jean: Jean took a step back at the surprise spare and had to let go of his hand. Wow, that was a pissy dupe, too.

Carol: Miriam's eyes were huuuuge at the dupe, her mouth fell open, "Oooooh!" Carol patted Miriam on the head. She clearly saw enough weird stuff that she took that in her stride. Good kid... or terrible parenting... excellent parenting? How would she know? "The fridge is where the best stuff goes, right kiddo?" Miriam grinned.

Jamie: "Then the fridge it is!" He booped her on the nose with a finger and gave her a wink. "Thanks again, kiddo." Jamie stood and offered his hand to Jean again, but trying to not be obvious in front of Miriam that he was ready to leave and why.

Carol: Carol bent to pick Miriam up, giving her a cuddle. "Here..." Carol offered Jean her card because she seemed the least cranky, "I'm gonna be in town for a while if you need anything from me, SHIELD or random government agencies."

Jean: "That's very cute, Miri. Sometime maybe I can get a Miriam Shaw original too," she said, reaching out to smooth back the little girl's hair as she took Jamie's hand again. Jean took the card. "Thanks. It was good to see you, too, Carol." Although she was awful blase about the terrorist too.

Jamie: Jamie snorted. "Random government agencies? Because we totally have the Justice League. Yeah right."

Carol: Carol glanced at Jess, "Well...." she rolled her eyes, "There might be a thing happening..."

Jean: "A....thing?" She swallowed. "Does this have to do with Professor Xavier? Beth told me he's awake..."

Jamie: A second snort came from Jamie. "Beth told you." Bird told her.

Carol: "Yeah... uh... he kind of got a meeting with Tony Stark... he's officially endorsing the X-Men.... that's why I'm here. We're moving back in to the Danvers building.... all former students welcome for government sanctioned superheroics."

Jean: Jean shot him a look, then blinked at Carol. "What?"

Jamie: Jamie cleared his throat at the look and twitched his nose. Then everything Carol said finished rolling in his brain. "Really?"

Jessica: Jess nodded, "Yes. That is the stage we are still stuck on. We'll let you know when we progress to the next one."

Jean: "Okay then, why?" Jean's nose wrinkled. "Are they re-opening the school?"

Carol: "We're renovating the building right now... needs a facelift after sitting empty for so long... but this isn't a school. This is adults having jobs and using their powers to help people. No kids. So hopefully less drama... I'm not gonna hold my breath." Her glass was empty. Sad.

Jamie: "Oh, well that's good at least. Adults can handle things that students can't. And shouldn't." His tone was flat as he remembered what he went through and gave Jean's hand a squeeze.

Carol: "Yeah and they're old enough to know what they're getting into... and hopefully have full control of their powers."

Jean: Jean had to laugh at that, but it was bitter. "Yeah, right. Because all of us left there with full control."

Carol: "That's the point, though... you were all kids. And instead of having time to learn control as advertised you went off superheroing and getting into all kinds of trouble... That's why this isn't that."

Jamie: "I think it makes sense. If they're going to do it, this is probably the best way."

Jean: "I guess so," she allowed, returning his squeeze. "He needs to not just rip through people's personal shields though. The professor." Jean gave Jamie a faint smile and a mental hug. "That sucked ass."

Jessica: "Yeah, that doesn't sound fun..." Jess' nose wrinkled, "Glad I missed the mental memo and just heard about it second hand."

Jamie: "Maybe it would've sucked less if we weren't on a date at the time," he suggested with a tight smile, hoping that conveyed his true meaning about the bird, not the date.

Jean: "I, uh, burst into flames. In public. Not great." Jean cleared her throat and shot him a sheepish smile. "I'm gonna take it as a sign that we aren't meant to mini golf."

Jamie: "Everything deserves a second chance. Even mini golf." He smirked, "It got its second chance and blew it. No more pars for us."

Jessica: "Maybe mutant friendly mini golf is something we should consider franchising..." Jess mused.

Jean: "Ugh. I'm good." Jean tugged on Jamie's hand. "We should go, but that's... interesting. About the X-Men."

Jamie: So, they were for terrorists, but against superheroes? Or at least Jess was? Jamie frowned and let himself be tugged. He would help Jean search for a new therapist if that's what it took.

Jessica: "Thanks for dropping by... enjoy the cookies..." Jess gave them both smiles.

Jamie: "Yeah.. Thanks." He waved with the hand holding the picture and shifted so his arm was around Jean's waist, practically pulling her as they made their way to the door.