10/20 Issue: Enthusiastic Consent

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

10/20 Issue: Enthusiastic Consent

Post by Slarti »

Timelined right after Pharming Pheromones

Jean: Jean had sent her lab tech home, because she had no idea of knowing if the pheromones would work on him, too, and that's the last thing she needed with Jamie on the way. She'd kicked up the ventilation system, dragged a fan from the back room, burned that sage, and was now down to her undies mopping the floor.

Jamie: Jamie walked up to the store and frowned at the 'closed' sign. But she said she needed him? He looked around the street, seeing if maybe she was somewhere outside. Nada. He stepped up to the door and tried to open it. Locked. He peered inside and gasped at what he saw. JEAN! What the hell?!

Jean: She'd been so distracted she hadn't sensed him, which was bad, and possibly meant there were still pheromones in the air. Great. Jean spun around and gave him a sheepish grin, using her teke to open the lock. Heeeeey. It's open.

Jamie: Jamie whipped off his trench as he pushed through the door and ran over to her to wrap it over her shoulders. "What are you doing? Anyone could walk by and see you like this!" Having reminded himself of the windows again, he looked over his shoulder at them, glaring at no one. Because no one was there. Good.

Jean: Jean set aside the mop and turned to face him, more than happy to be wrapped up in his coat. She tackled him for a hug - not too hard, since he'd just given up his inhibitor for her.

Jamie: Jamie laughed and wrapped his arms around her. "Hi?" He tilted his head to look down at her with a raised eyebrow, "You didn't need me to come help you clean, right? Because, while I would happily do that, I was researching a recent rash of multiple homicides." Not that he wasn't happy to have a nearly naked Jeannie snuggled close to him at any time of day...

Jean: Hi. Jean closed her eyes and pressed herself against him, breathing him in and willing any lingering pheromone fuckery to go away. Wait, homicides? She looked up. "Homicides?"

Jamie: "Yeah, a bunch of crack houses and drug dens were found with the occupants all murdered." Jamie shrugged one shoulder and leaned down to kiss her. "I've not been hired by anyone to work on it, but there's reward money for information, so I'm on the hunt." He gave her a squeeze, "Now then. What's up, Jeannie?"

Jean: Jean frowned at that information, but she had a more immediate problem. She stole another kiss and stayed close, keeping the link open as she laid her head against his chest. "There was a mutant in here earlier. I sent Redd home and..." she sighed, pissed at herself that she still hadn't figured out how to tell him what'd happened.

Jamie: Jamie stiffened and pulled away to hastily look her over, checking for any kind of wounds or signs of attack. His frown deepened when he didn't find any. So she was okay. But was Redd? "Do you want me to do some surveillance? Go talk to Redd for information? I will hunt down whoever it was if they harmed either of you."

Jean: "We're okay, physically." She sighed. "This guy... he used pheromones." Jean swallowed and looked away. "That's why I was trying to clean the... whatever out. And I wanted it off my clothes."

Jamie: "Seriously?! What a jackass!" He grabbed her arms and held her still while he moved his head to her gaze. "And he didn't take advantage of either of you? Or did he use them to make the two of you put on a show?" Dead. Whoever it was. Deader than dead.

Jean: Jean met his angry eyes and had to remind herself that he wasn't mad at her. "Not me," she said, voice still a little unsteady. "He kissed Redd. I think he was really after her and I just interrupted."

Jamie: Jamie growled and gathered her back up into his arms, holding her tight and kissing the top of her head as he stared at nothing. "Does Redd know now what happened? Is she okay?"

Jean: "I gave her the Cliff's Notes version. Told her to go home and shower and I'd call her later." She took a deep breath and held onto him. "I didn't realize what it was at first, and I couldn't shield it out..."

Jamie: "Hey. Heyyy," he murmured, realizing his anger could come later. She needed him calm right now. "Shh. It's alright. I'm here now. It's all going to be alright, Jeannie." Jamie kissed the top of her head again and rubbed her back. "I'm here."

Jean: "You know it wasn't me, right?" She sniffled and closed her eyes, all her fears coming out at a babble now. "It w-was the pheromones... I would never, I-I didn't want to..."

Jamie: "Of course I know, Jeannie. What he did is like mutant rape. Nothing that happened is anyone's fault but his." But now he was thinking of all kinds of things that could have happened. "Um. So... I'm curious, but you don't have to tell me right away, but what did you do? But you don't have to tell me right away..."

Jean: Jean breathed a sigh of relief and squeezed him. Logically, she knew it wasn't her fault, but with Quire, and things still so new again... "No, um, I'll tell you. Also..." She swallowed and straightened, going up on her toes to give him a quick kiss. "The idiot used a credit card."

Jamie: Jamie breathed his own sigh of relief when she said she'd tell him. And then the little tidbit about the card made him laugh. "No! Really?" Super smart of him. Though, it did make Jamie's job of killing him much easier. "What's his name?"

Jean: "It's foreign... I really had other things on my mind at the time but i made sure i got it." She untangled herself from him and stepped back, slipping her arms into his oversized coat and wrapping it around herself to pad barefoot to the counter.

Jamie: Jamie had a sudden thought and went to the front door to lock it, peering out the window in either direction, just in case, and came back to the counter where Jean was shuffling through things. "Foreign?"

Jean: Jean watched him lock the door and check the lot before she went back to work. The card was in the pocket of the jacket she'd shed the second she was alone. She flipped it onto the counter with all the reverence she would a three-day-dead bird and shook her hand.

Jean: "He gave that to Redd. I Febrezed it, but fuck if I know if that helps." Jean tucked her nose into the collar of his coat, immediately calmed by his scent. "That's the same name as on the credit card." She went to the tablet to pull up the record.

Jamie: Jamie walked behind the counter to pull some latex gloves from the inside pocket of his coat, giving Jean a smile as he brushed her bare skin with his knuckles on accident. Her, being nearly naked, in his trench coat, was just now hitting him. Focus! Right. He pulled them on and picked up the card to examine it. His face changed as he read the name and a low, rumbling growl emanated from his chest. Fucker. "Fucker."

Jean: The touch, and his smile, made her shiver in the best possible way as her stomach did a little flip. She found the record and spun the tablet around so he could read the card info. "Yup, fucker." Jean studied his face and the anger radiating from him again and frowned. "What?"

Jamie: "Daken." He flipped the card onto the counter, glanced at the record on the tablet, then jerked the gloves off to toss in the trash.

Jamie: "He's one of my current jobs. The one for Mr. Shaw. He tried that pheromone bullshit on me, too. Thankfully, Mr. Shaw had given me a rundown of his powerset beforehand, so the second I could, I siphoned it out by creating some dupes." He wanted to punch something. But his special inhibitor was covering his naked girlfriend.

Jean: "He did it to you, too?!" Jean's eyebrows went up at that. "Redd was alone with him out here and I looked up a the monitors and saw her... well, basically making out on the counter with some dude." Jean frowned and glanced at the back room. "So I have it all on video," she said, a little more weakly.

Jamie: "That's great!" Well, not great. But great! He frowned, trying to reconcile that in his mind and ended up shaking his head. He knew what he meant and that was all that mattered, really, in the end. "And yeah, the first encounter I had with him. It, um... I was extra... needy that night?"

Jean: Jean wasn't worried about what he meant by saying it was great - evidence is good, yeah. Duh. But... "When was the first time you ran into him?" She probably didn't want to know about God knows how many girls he fucked before they made up. "Um... nevermi- that's none of my business."

Jamie: Well now he was confused, which, admittedly, wasn't hard to do sometimes, but most times he could figure it out for himself. Being able to see all sides to things and whatnot. Nope. That one still was weird to him. "Why wouldn't it be your business? I just told you..." Jamie shook his head, "It was a couple of weeks ago, give or take a few days."

Jean: "Ooooh! So it was with me!" Jean had no idea which night it could have been since all of them had been pretty intense since they'd reunited, but it was a relief. No rando girls, kthnxbai.

Jamie: "No? It was Daken..." Jamie tilted his head at her, even more confused.

Jean: "Wait. You fucked the guy?!" It was out of her mouth before she could stop it, but her brain had just screeched to a complete halt and thrown itself forward through her own sinus cavities.

Jamie: "Wha- I- What?!" Jamie's eyes closed tightly at that mental image and he shook his head as hard as he could, "No! I didn't! I was with him when it happened!" Ohhh. "But I was needy with you," his voice was level and calm again as understanding hit him. That had been a rollercoaster.

Jean: "Oooooh, thank fucking God." Jean made a relieved sound that probably made her look insane. "Oookay, so, um..." Jean cleared her throat and tried to smile at him. "I guess we can watch the video?" The relief was getting replaced by nerves again. Fast.

Jamie: Jamie smirked at the noise she made and wondered if he could get her to make it again later... Video. Yes. Good. "I was going to ask about that." He stepped in close to her and slid his hands down her arms to take hers in his. "Whatever I see, I know it wasn't you and it wasn't your fault. It was the asshole who will be dead soon's fault." He stooped to kiss her gently. "Don't worry about it."

Jean: Jean squeezed his hands and returned the kiss. "Was I that obvious?" She let go of his hands and hopped up on her toes to fling her arms around his neck. She closed her eyes, relief washing over her again. "Thank you."

Jamie: Jamie slid his arms into the coat to wrap around her tiny waist and held her close. "No, but I know you." He turned his head to breathe in the smell of her hair. "You're welcome. But just so you know? You don't have to thank me for being a decent human being."

Jean: He really did know her. It made her smile as she snuggled into him. I'm thankful you're you and you're here with me.

Jean: After a moment, she gathered herself and pulled back, taking his hand to start for her office.

Jamie: Me too, Jeannie. He grinned and brought her hand up to give the back of it a kiss as they reached the door to the back. "So... Redd turned me down, but went for Daken? I feel like I should be offended by that."

Jean: "Well you don't have creeper pheromones." She smirked up at him. "Also, if she had gone for you I'd have had to scratch her eyes out, soooo..."

Jamie: One eyebrow went up as he pictured just how that cat fight would go and the corner of his mouth definitely twitched. "I didn't know you were Maddy, Jean." Jamie stuck his tongue out at her and opened the door to her office for her.

Jean: Jean returned the gesture and snickered, rewrapping herself in his coat to sashay past him. "Beth asked if I called myself that because I'm crazy and often on fire."

Jamie: "Um. I thought it was because you liked that chick who got assassinated... Pier?" That's not right. Whatever. "Anywho... Video?"

Jean: "Madelyne Pryor, yep." Jean was logging on to her computer and pulling up the files from the afternoon. "On it, boss."

Jamie: "Yeah, her!" He knew he hadn't been right. Jamie walked around behind her and moved her hair to drape over one shoulder so he could kiss up and down her neck while the files loaded. "I like it when you call me boss."

Jean: "Yeah, her..." She tipped her head to the side and sighed. "Well, if I'm your hot sidekick..." His new assertive and possessive streak was hot as hell, so she was more than good with calling him that.

Jamie: Jamie's hand went under her hair to cup the base of her head while he softly sucked on a particularly sensitive spot. She definitely was his hot sidekick and he would milk that until the cows came home. He glanced up to the screen and made a frustrated noise when the video finished loading, forcing him to focus on the real issue instead of the ever present issue of her hotness.

Jamie: "Have you watched the whole thing yet? Or just what you saw happen that made you head to the front?"

Jean: "I haven't watched it at all." Jean straightened a little, clearing her throat as she pressed play. She shuffled through the asshole sticking a wad of gum to the counter and then to Redd picking up after them. "Rude." Soon, the door opened again and he came in. Daken. Jean stiffened despite herself.

Jamie: Jamie moved her hair to fall down her back so he could rub her shoulders in a soothing massage. "Shh, Jeannie. I'm here." His eyes were all for the screen, though. He caught slight body language changes from Redd every so often and realized Daken had been giving her small doses since he walked in almost. "Bastard. People like him are the reasons the rest of us have a bad name."

Jean: Jean watched Redd getting progressively friendlier with the guy and leaned back against Jamie. "I should have been paying attention."

Jamie: "It's not your fault, Jean. None of it is." He leaned down to press a quick kiss to her cheek, still watching the screen. There was nothing obvious in the way Daken moved that seemed to be when he would be letting off pheromones. By the scraping of the gum, something mutant this way comes. Nice move with the air can, though.

Jamie: Hmm. Jamie sucked under his lower lip while he watched, trying to catch some sort of cue from Daken. Absolutely nothing. That was beyond frustrating.

Jean: While she was watching the video - Redd was totally showing off her tits! WTF! - Jean was also watching Jamie concentrate on the screen. Attention split between the video and whatever Jamie was doing with his mouth, it took her a moment. "She touched him," she noted, head whipping to the screen to watch their lingering handshake.

Jamie: "Yeah, but she was acting weird before that..." Whoa! Kiss! ...Whoa... He leaned closer to 'inspect' the kiss that was happening. That was some impressive skills there. "Soooo, touching makes it worse." Ooh, an angry Jeannie. Hawt. Jamie grinned and nuzzled Jean's ear while he watched her on the screen.

Jean: "Um... yeah, it definitely does." Jean's nose wrinkled as she started out pissed, then morphed to really fucking excited about her educational weed diagrams, aaaaand there was the flirting. Her face further scrunched.

Jamie: Jamie held his breath as he watched this part, focusing really hard on keeping his posture the same. Daken was a dead man. Dead, dead, dead. His Jean. She touched him and Jamie's eye twitched. Then she walked away to do something and she seemed to snap out of it a bit. So it was like a localized cloud then? Good to know.

Jamie: Jamie kissed the top of her head. "Still not your fault."

Jean: Jean watched herself on the screen, remembering her hands shaking, and looked down to see it made reality again. "When I walked away, I realized something was wrong. That's when I sent you the SOS." She turned her head a little to give him a faint smile. "Having you in my head helped me focus."

Jamie: "Babe, you can have me in any part of you that you want," he whispered lustily in her ear, then nipped playfully at the lobe, eyes still on the screen though because important. "So," Jamie paused and frowned as he watched her walk back over to the counter, "how did you not get swept in at all again? It couldn't just be me, could it?"

Jean: She groaned and shifted in her chair. Holy shit. What? Oh, right. "It wasn't all you," she admitted. "It was you, and I was pissed off enough I used the phoenix." Jean sniffed. "Also I held my breath and got him the fuck out as fast as humanly fucking possible."

Jean: On the screen, she watched herself do just that, ringing up the final order and trying to rush things along while Redd gave him big eyes. "Fuck him and his horny fumes."

Jamie: "Eek. Did you, like, keep control of it okay?" Obviously she had because he couldn't even tell she had used the bird while watching. Jamie sneered as Daken sauntered toward the door. Asshole. "I'll give him horny fumes. Asshole." Wait. Those two things didn't need to be in the same thought. His eye twitched again.

Jean: "Yeah, it behaves most of the time, unless certain vegetables rip through my shields of course." On the screen, Jean locked the door and the bickering with Redd began while she Febrezed and sneezed. "She was still feeling the horny... so I dunno if she got a higher dose since she kissed him, or because she was the target, or because she's human, or..." Jean shrugged. "Anyway, she was pissed I cockblocked her."

Jamie: Jamie couldn't contain his snickering as he watched Redd getting pissy with Jean. "Have you gotten any texts or calls from her since? Maybe she's better now? Should I go interview her? I mean, I should as an investigator, but it's a sensitive issue since she's your employee and I'm your main squeeze."

Jean: "Yeaaaaaah, she might need a little time." Jean recalled their argument and did not need Redd giving Jamie any shit. "Main squeeze," she repeated with a giggle. "I told her I'd call her. Who knows how long it takes to wear off? I told her he was a mutant, and I think she was starting to get it, but..." Jean shrugged.

Jamie: "Okay, well, if she thinks of anything that could help figure out his pheromones, give her my number, okay?" Jamie reached around Jean and turned the monitor off, then pulled her up out of the chair to be able to hold her against him. "I'm glad that's all that happened. It could have been much, much worse."

Jean: Jean relaxed into his arms and pressed her face into his shirt. I know. As much as it pisses me off, it scares me, too. If I hadn't been here for Redd... or if he'd dosed me enough... She liked to think she would have snapped out of it in time, but would she?

Jamie: Jamie rested his cheek on the top of her head and swayed with her a bit to the ever-present song in his head. Shh. I'll deal with him and you won't have to worry about it ever again. I promise. Don't worry about the what-ifs or if it had been worse because it won't ever be even half of what it was. I'm so sorry he did that to you. To both of you. He wished he could fix it enough for her so she wouldn't feel these awful feelings right now.

Jean: She let his voice in her head and presence soothe her, swallowing as her heart fluttered. Deal with him... how? Wait. Jean pulled back enough to see him. "What are you going to do?" Also... she chewed at her lip. "He said he would be back."

Jamie: "Like hell he'll be back. If he likes your product, he can send someone to buy it, but if he sets foot through your doors again, he's a dead man." He rubbed her back in a soothing, circular motion. "I can file a restraining order if you want." Jamie thought it better to not tell her what he was going to do. He wasn't quite sure yet, anyway. Confront him was as far as he had gotten.

Jean: Jean studied his face, meeting his eyes and searching them. She wasn't going to go digging around in his head, obviously, but she could sense his evasiveness. "Now that I know his trick, I could take him if I had to... I was just too, um, rattled? Wasn't expecting that shit."

Jamie: "But you can't be here all the time, Jeannie, and Redd can't protect herself." He brought a hand up to hold her chin as he leaned down to give her a lingering kiss. "Let me take you home and then I'll go start the paperwork." And then some.

Jean: He had a point there, and she let herself be distracted by the kiss, eyes closed. It was over too soon and she licked her lips. "What about your homicide investigation?"

Jamie: "That can wait until tomorrow. Those poor people are already dead. You're not and this won't wait." Jamie grinned at her, "I don't think the trail will get that cold by then."

Jean: "What kind of drugs were they dealing again?" Jean frowned, only now remembering the conversation she'd had before all the drama, with one of her suppliers.

Jamie: "A couple of crack houses and an illegal pot farm." He leaned down to kiss her again. "Do you know something about it?" Jamie kissed her jaw. "I'll split the reward money with you instead of using it to buy you something."

Jean: "I might..." Jean's head tipped to the side as she smiled at his kisses. "I heard earlier that Up In Smoke shut down because of 'supply chain' problems, but my guy thought there was more to it than that..."

Jamie: "Hmm. Good to know." He grinned and worked his way back down her neck. "Maybe I'll go question the owners. Or send someone to."

Jean: "Sounds good..." The skeezy jerk who owned that shop deserved whatever bad luck came his way. He wasn't her concern right now though, since the hormonal storm of the day left her with just one thought.

Jean: Jean's hand slid up his neck, turning his head to put her lips to his ear. "Jamie," she whispered, nuzzling his earlobe, "I need you to remind me I'm yours."

Jamie: Oh shit. Jamie swallowed hard and felt the familiar tingles run along his spine at her words. "All mine, Jean." Without waiting for any other cues from her, he picked her up by the waist and set her down on a clean corner of her desk, capturing her mouth with his in a fierce kiss. Mine. Fuck Daken.

Jean: Jean moaned, opening for him and tilting her head into the kiss. Her hand slid up into his hair, fingers tangling. She started to wrap her legs around his hips, realizing then she was still in his coat. With her free hand, she pulled the tie and let it fall open.

Jamie: That was hot and he groaned into her mouth when he felt his coat open. His hands moved from the outside of it to slide inside, wrapping around her slender waist and pulling her against him. Jamie broke the kiss to dip his head to suck on the raised mound of her breast. All. Fucking. Mine.

Jean: All yours, she agreed, shivering at his touch. She bowed her head and brushed her nose and mouth over his messy hair, breathing in. Jean wanted to erase that fucker from her senses. Always yours... She slid herself to the edge of the desk, pressing her hips into his.

Jamie: Jamie growled and broke the seal of his mouth on her skin, reaching behind his head to yank his shirt off in one swift motion, then moved to pull his coat off of her. Which required wrapping one arm around her waist to lift her since she was sitting on it, while the other grabbed the collar at her neck and pulled it down to throw on the floor.

Jamie: His mouth found hers again in a fiercely possessive kiss, part of him wanting to kiss her hard enough to bruise her lips. No one touches what's his. And Jean was his. Always.

Jean: She had skin to touch now and she took full advantage, running her palms over his shoulder and grabbing onto him while he picked her up. The fuck was wrong with you touching that asshole, Jean? Jamie was perfect, and he was hers.

((time passes))

Jamie: Jamie let his head fall to her shoulder as he panted, drowsy smile plastered onto his face at her voice in his head. He mustered up enough energy to kiss her shoulder, but only barely.

Jamie: Breaking the sofa hadn't happened, but he had given it the old college try. If he had the energy he would have added the fun punchy arm swing in front of your body movement thing. But he couldn't even lift his head, much less his arm and whole body to sit up. It took all of his effort not to crush her under him. "Mine," his voice rasped.

Jean: "Definitely yours," she giggled, her own voice sounding husky from her cries. Jean wriggled a little, but didn't want to let him go. She circled her arms around his back and kissed his forehead, leaving her mouth pressed there.

Jamie: "Guess what," he breathed out then tried to clear his throat. "I'm yours, too." Jamie groaned and wiggled a tiny bit on top of her, enjoying the feel of her breasts brushing his chest. "I love you, Jeannie. You're fucking awesome."

Jean: "Yaaaaay," she grinned, finding his hair to brush it back and play with. "I know I'm awesome, and you're fucking awesome, too."

Jamie: "But y' know what else?" He finally felt like he could lift his head, so he gave it a shot. It only wobbled a little on his neck. Score! "We're awesome at fucking."

Jean: "Also that." Jean started giggling and couldn't stop, draping her legs over his as she started to relax. She rewarded him for his returning motor skills with a kiss on the nose.

Jamie: Jamie wiggled against her again and grinned down at her. "I love you, too, by the way. Sexy ass sidekick. Fuck you through the wall all day long."

Jean: "That a threat or a promise, boss?" Jean returned his grin and rolled her hips up into his as she brushed his hair back from his face.

Jamie: Jamie groaned, somewhat sadly, "Empty threat at the moment, babe... I gotta recharge a bit." He laughed and bent down to give her an eskimo kiss.

Jean: She was okay with this, and happily brushed their noses together, then pulled him back down for naked hug time. She gave him a squeeze and sighed. "Can I stay with you tonight? I... um, don't want to be alone."

Jamie: Jamie jostled her a little so he could wrap his arms around her and pulled his head up enough to look at her. "Jeannie, you can stay with me for as long as you need. We can go pack you a bag and get Figaro One and Figaro Two." He kissed her gently, "I'll keep you safe. Promise."

Jean: "I know you will." Her heart did a little flip at his sweetness and she stole another kiss. Her Jamie.

((Uncut Version))