10/22 Issue: The Lone Wolf and The Viper

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

10/22 Issue: The Lone Wolf and The Viper

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined for the evening after [Issue]Boys Will Be Boys.

<Daken> Daken sat and got comfortable at his table. He'd ordered a nice bottle of wine and was already sipping a little bit of it from his glass. He'd arranged a meeting with Viper and planned it at his favorite restaurant in Boston.

<Viper> Viper had dressed up for the occasion because the restaurant was expensive and she liked the attention. Her green hair was styled in victory rolls and she wore vintage emerald green cocktail dress. She followed the waiter to the table and enjoyed the looks she was getting as she wound between tables.

<Daken> Daken gave her a low whistle. "You pulled out all of the stops for me didn't you?" He gave her a smirk. "I took the liberty to purchase us some wine. But if you'd prefer a different vintage I don't mind."

<Viper> "You always choose excellent wine, I trust your palate." She took her seat with a smile, "Who says I did this for you?" she challenged with a raised eyebrow and a smirk of her own.

<Daken> "Oh? I hope I'm not keeping you from an important meeting." Daken took another sip of his wine.

<Viper> She laughed, raising her glass once the waiter had poured her wine and disappeared, "Perhaps I merely felt like pampering myself. I do like to dress up on occasion." She nosed the wine with an appreciative sound before taking a sip from her glass.

<Daken> "You do it well." He eyed her up and down slowly. "I have a few lucrative opportunities for you."

<Viper> "Is that so? You do spoil me." She set her glass down, crossing her legs at the ankle and tucking her feet behind the leg of her chair, "Who should I thank for this business?"

<Daken> "Well, when you have the proper skills..." he gave her a little shrug. "Though you are my favorite person to go to." Daken pulled up the menu and started to look through it. "A grumpy little detective that thinks I haven't dealt with his kind before."

<Viper> "Do you want me to take care of him for you?" She offered with a smirk, "Or is this not that kind of job?"

<Daken> "Oh no, not that type of job. Honestly, I was at fault. But he decided to threaten me and now I would be glad to fuck with his mind." Daken took another sip of wine and turned to the next page of the menu.

<Viper> Viper picked up her own menu to look through, watching him over the top of it, "So what would you like from me?"

<Daken> "Well a scrub job is a start. Completely ghost the identity or have some fun with it. I trust you." Daken found a nice sounding steak entree and considered it.

<Viper> "I trust you're going to provide me with the details of which identity when we're done here?" She ordered her own entree and picked up her glass of wine.

<Daken> "There weren't much to it, it was already a false identity. But yes I will provide you with everything you require. I would also like a new identity from you. Japanese citizen preferably."

<Viper> "Naturally," she inclined her head in acknowledgement, "I can have that for you by tomorrow, provided we don't get too carried away after dinner."

<Daken> "You're a godsend Viper." He smiled. "How has my favorite spy been?"

<Viper> "Quite busy on my current project, actually..." She took a sip from her glass, "It is becoming tedious but the result will be worth it so I shall persevere. And you?"

<Daken> "Oh? Do tell." Daken gave her a quizzical look. "I have been quite bored actually. Shaw has me on retainer even though the school is closed now. So for the most part I can't take any jobs. I did make quite a stir in the news the other day though." He smirked.

<Viper> "I thought that might be you," she replied with a smirk of her own, "Now, you know I don't like to talk shop over dinner."

<Daken> "Well then you'll have to weave me a tail over drinks after then." He smirked. "You have no idea how boring a steady paycheck for doing nothing is. I mean I'm cleaning up local riff raff because of it."

<Viper> "Are you hoping to live vicariously through my activities?" She couldn't resist teasing a little.

<Daken> "Yes." Daken stated flatly. "I haven't even left the country in months. This place is so boring."

<Viper> She laughed, "Oh, darling, I'm sure I could find you something to do if you're really so bored. Sebastian won't mind if I borrow you for a while."

<Daken> Daken laughed a little at that. "Are you sure about that? I don't think you're his favorite person."

<Viper> Viper waved a hand dismissively, "He loves me."

<Daken> "You live in your own reality don't you love?" He smiled at her and finished his wine.

<Viper> "Everyone does," she pointed out, "I just happen to not care what people think of mine." She smirked as she took a drink from her glass eyeing the bottle.

<Daken> Daken poured himself some more wine. "I tend not to care either. Or I make people see it my way." He grinned. "Shall we order?"

<Viper> She tipped her head to her glass in request for him to pour her some more wine too, "Yes, the sooner we order the sooner we can get to dessert."

<Daken> "You do love having dessert with me don't you?" Daken gave her a coy smirk. "I do hear they have quite a good selection of desserts here."

<Viper> "Good... I'll have some sent up to our room." She picked up her glass for another drink and settled back into her seat to relax while they waited for their food to come.

[Time passes]

<Viper> Viper led the way from the elevator to her suite, giving Daken a smirk over her shoulder. Dinner had been lovely and now she was looking forward to the rest of the evening, "I was thinking I might stay here for a few days..."

<Daken> "Oh? I didn't know I was so entertaining." He gave her a grin. "You must be better at finding fun here than I am."

<Viper> "Perhaps I'll show you around my favourite haunts sometime," she offered as she opened the door to the room. "I'm sure I can find something you'll enjoy."

<Daken> "Oh I have no doubt about that." Daken looked her over quite obviously.

<Viper> She laughed, stepping aside so he could come into the room, "I wasn't talking about myself but if that will suffice... I think I can sacrifice some time for you."

<Daken> "I will have to make it worth your while then." He smirked. "I'm sure I can find a way to persuade you. Maybe take a little off your plate."

<Viper> She raised an eyebrow as she closed the door behind him, going to sit in one of the comfortable chairs and take off her shoes, "You know I have people for the projects I don't wish to be involved in, right?"

<Daken> "Yes but are they anywhere near as amazing as I am?" He smirked and found his own spot to sit.

<Viper> "You don't want their jobs. What kind of things do you think I have to work on?"

<Daken> "Usually it is something fun." Daken laughed a little. "I haven't had an interesting job in so long it's killing me."

<Viper> "What kind of job would you like and I'll see what I can find..."

<Daken> "Why don't we talk about what you've got going on and we'll see how I can help." He gave her a coy smirk and licked his lips. "Even if it's just a momentary distraction."

<Viper> She sighed, getting up to put her shoes somewhere out of the way and pour herself a drink from the mini bar. "I'm not in the assassination business currently..."

<Daken> "You know I do more than that." Daken smiled. "Nothing to get upset about. I was just attempting small talk. It's always a little harder when you get so used to having to fake it with normal civilians."

<Viper> "You know you don't need to make small talk with me, Daken. Just say what you want."

<Daken> "Oh there's a lot of things I want." Daken laughed. "Maybe I just want to be slightly normal sometime?"

<Viper> "And you think I can help you with that?" She went to take her seat again, crossing her legs and sipping at her drink.

<Daken> "Well I was referring to the small talk. Though I'm sure there is a lot of things you could help me with. Like that pesky detective. I bet you could concoct a few fun ways to mess with him."

<Viper> "I'm sure I could but then you'd have to give me his name," she smirked, "What kind of job would you like, Daken? Help me narrow down the list."

<Daken> "Anything that might be entertaining." He gave a little shrug before getting up to get himself a drink. "Hmm, does room service take orders this late?"

<Viper> She rolled her eyes a little at the completely vague reply, "Of course it does. Otherwise I would be staying in a different hotel."

<Daken> "Good, we should order a bottle of wine or two." He rolled his eyes back at her. "Well you know I'm always game for an assassination, but as you said you're not in that game. So what kind of jobs do you have that you would suggest for me?"

<Viper> "I don't know what else you might like. The majority of my work is manufacture and research. I doubt you're interested in doing any of that."

<Daken> "Hmm well then it seems like I won't be much use to you other than arm candy." Daken sighed. "And I was hoping for something more entertaining."

<Viper> "I'm always available to distract you from your boredom if that's what you want," she replied with a soft laugh, "If I do come across someone I want to have removed, I'll of course think of you first."

<Daken> "I'll give you the friends and family discount." Daken gave her a little chuckle. "Though I can do more than just removal. I'm quite good at gathering information as well."

<Viper> "As am I," she smirked, "I quite enjoy that aspect of my job."

<Daken> "Two heads are better than one?" Daken moved over to the phone and called down to room service to order a few bottles of wine. "Well if you think of some ways to use me, feel free to ask."

<Viper> "I prefer to work alone, I'm afraid. I don't always play well with others," she watched him as he called room service, "You know my projects are extremely secretive."

<Daken> "And mine isn't?" He gave her a little shrug. "Well I guess we'll just have to keep our visits more social then."

<Viper> "Your work is a very different kind of secret," She set her glass down and went to sit in his lap instead of her chair. "I enjoy our social visits... so much more rewarding than shop talk."

<Daken> "And here I was hoping to get to talk shop. I almost never get to talk shop anymore." He ran a hand through his hair. "And you've always had the best stories."

<Viper> "I'm afraid I might disappoint you anyway. I'm not doing anything very interesting at the moment."

<Daken> "It's got to be more entertaining than a man assaulting me because he thinks I'm going to rape his girlfriend." Daken rolled his eyes.

<Viper> "I'm sure it's not," she laughed, reaching up to brush his cheek with the backs of her fingers, "I'm working on research at the moment."

<Daken> "Anything I might find interesting?" He licked his lips.

<Viper> "I hardly find it interesting so no," she laughed, "But it's necessary otherwise mistakes will be made and they could be fatal."

<Daken> "That's never good. All I've got to worry about lately is telepaths and the previously mentioned detective."

<Viper> "Telepaths seem to be everywhere these days. There was at least one around when I was enjoying a birthday treat earlier in the week. I felt them against my shields." She frowned, sliding her arms around his shoulders, "They're terribly rude."

<Daken> "Apparently my shields have been lacking lately. One slipped past without me even knowing the other day." He sighed. "Quite annoying. Though I'm pretty sure they weren't able to get anything from me." Daken let one of his hands slowly slide up her leg.

<Viper> "I have a little technological assistance to my own mental shielding courtesy of Hydra... I'm sure a powerful telepath could easily overload them if they had a mind to but it protects the surface thoughts they're so fond of skimming."

<Daken> "Makes me wish that I had at least the ability to shield myself better than just the normal tricks." He sighed. "And there's all other sorts of powers just as intrusive."

<Viper> "Indeed there are... but there are ways to shield yourself from many of them. Of course, I have an entirely natural defence against empaths. Jessica seems to find it oddly soothing," she smirked, shifting in his lap and leaning closer to ghost her lips along his jaw.

<Daken> Daken turned his head a little to give her more access. "I've always been quite confident of my skills. But it seems this area has quite powerful telepaths." His hands moved up her legs to give her hips a squeeze.

<Viper> "It's probably going to get somewhat worse now that Charles Xavier is awake and summoning his former students."

<Daken> "Well.... that's news to me." Daken sighed. "I guess I will be dealing with more telepaths soon."

<Viper> "So it would seem..." she nipped at his neck, rolling her eyes as room service knocked on the door with the wine.

<Daken> "They always seem to have bad timing huh?" He leaned down to press a kiss to Viper's lips.

<Viper> She returned the kiss as she slid off his lap to get the door.

<Daken> "If they were only a few minutes later they would have gotten a much more interesting look." He gave her butt a swat as she moved away.

<Viper> She laughed, going to open the door and let them in with the wine and glassware. Once delivery was complete she closed the door again and returned to Daken.

<Daken> "You didn't even let me come around the corner naked as a tip for them." Daken smirked at her as she returned.

<Viper> "You're not even naked as a tip for me at the moment," she pointed out, sliding back into his lap.

<Daken> "Well now you're just impeding my ability to do that for you." He leaned in for another kiss.

<Viper> She returned the kiss, snaking her arms back around his neck, "I'm happy to wait for my prize..."

<Daken> "You have more patience than most do." He decided it was his turn to start this time and leaned in to start kissing at her neck.

<Viper> She closed her eyes, tilting her head to expose more of her neck, "With some things..."

<Daken> "Like?" Daken kissed up her neck slowly towards her ear, giving it a slight nip as he reached it.

<Viper> "This..." she replied with a small smirk, "Research... Revenge...." she opened her eyes a little to watch his face.

<Daken> "I hear the last is a dish best served cold. I can never wait." He nibbled at her ear a little before moving back to her neck. His hands starting to explore her body.

<Viper> "I like to plan... I find the process helps with the rage..." she closed her eyes again, "And when I'm finished planning I know there is no escape from whatever punishment I am going to dish out."

<Daken> "I tend to get as close to them as I can and then help them ruin their lives. It is very fun to see them beg for help once they see it all crumbling around them." Daken traced his lips down her neck slowly.

<Viper> "I prefer to repay in kind..." She pushed her fingers into his hair to play with it a little.

<Daken> "I much prefer the burn them to the ground technique." Daken started to move his hands across her back, trying to find how to start getting the dress off of her.

<Viper> "To each their own I suppose," She turned her head a little to brush her lips along his hairline. "Perhaps if I need someone to put that much effort into some revenge I shall call you..."

<Daken> "Oh it's no effort when you're as good at it as I am." He gave her a mischievous grin. Daken's hand found the zipper and started to slowly slide it down.

<Viper> "I can believe that... you do have certain skills that make the task somewhat less tedious..." She shifted her shoulders to let the dress slide down, moving her hands from his hair for a moment to slip the sleeves.

<Daken> "It's my eyes, isn't it? They just delve deep into your soul and melt your panties off, don't they?" He gave her a wry grin, his hands slowly pulling the dress lower.

<Viper> She laughed softly, "Perhaps I am a little biased given I know first hand some of your best skills..." She moved off his lap a little to let the dress fall to the floor.

<Daken> "I would be surprised to hear that you don't know how to use similar skills to get your way." Daken let his eyes follow the dress to the floor before working their way back up again.

<Viper> "Oh I do... you know from first hand experience..." she reminded him, settling back into his lap and leaning to catch his lips for a kiss.

<Daken> Daken returned the kiss leaning back and pulling her on top of him so his hands could explore her body. "Mmm, I don't seem to remember. Maybe you could refresh my memory..."

<Viper> "I don't know where we're going to find an 'exotic dancer' willing to come back to my hotel room..." She said softly into his ear, "But I'm sure we can improvise..."

<Daken> "Oh that wouldn't be hard to find at all." Daken laughed a little. "But I'd love to hear how you would like to improvise."

<Viper> "Wouldn't it be more fun to watch rather than just hear about it?" She leaned to nip at his neck and started to unfasten the buttons on his shirt.

<Daken> "Oh and here I thought you were suggesting a threesome." He smirked and leaned up into another kiss.

<Viper> She smiled in the kiss as she returned it, sliding her hands up his chest now that the buttons were dealt with, "But then we'd have to share our wine..."

<Daken> "The more the merrier. It just means more wine." He smirked and slipped his hands into her panties to squeeze her butt.

<Viper> "And more visits from room service to interrupt our fun," she nipped his jaw, "I don't like interruptions."

<Daken> "And here I thought you were all about planning? I'd think if we were inviting another we'd already have extra wine." He gave her butt a tighter squeeze.

<Viper> "Then it's a good thing we're not going to do that, hmm?" She dragged her nails down his chest.

<Daken> Daken laughed a little. "Spoilsport." He ran his fingernails across her ass.

<Viper> "I want you all to myself tonight. Is that so bad?" She cocked her head on one side, pouting at him.

<Daken> "I'm all yours." He smirked and leaned up to kiss her.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 10/22 Issue: The Lone Wolf and The Viper

Post by Esynthia »

Jamie ain't skeered!

...much.