10/23 Issue: Doing Mor

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

10/23 Issue: Doing Mor

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: Tuesday, April 18th, 2023

Leech: Leech slid to a stop at the ladder that he had been told was closest to his destination and clambered up as fast as he could, only slowing when he got to the manhole. He slowly lifted the lid to check for any cars and pulled himself up and out once the coast was clear. Leech winced a bit at the light, but once his large eyes adjusted, he took a look around and headed in the direction of the healer's office.

Leech: He pounded the pavement so hard he almost missed the door and had to double back to it. Leech yanked it open, stepped inside, and stopped, hands on his knees as he tried to breathe. "Miss O'Keefe? Miss Anna? Are you here? Leech is here!"

Anna: Anna had been spinning on her office chair, staring at a stain on the ceiling and trying to work out if it was getting bigger when she heard the door bang open. She almost spilled her tea in her haste to put it on her desk and got up to poke her head out into the waiting room, "Leech?" Wow he really was here. "You okay?" He got big!

Leech: "Hello, Miss Anna!" He took another breath and stood, pulling his beanie off to give her a grin. "Yes, Leech is fine. Leech's people aren't as fine. Some kids were playing further out than we have supported down in Leech's tunnels and there was a small cave in. No one died," he hurried to add. "But cuts and broken bones that need more than Leech can do."

Anna: "Oh no!" Those poor kids! "Give me a sec to grab my keys..." she darted back into her office to find her jacket and keys to lock up.

Leech: "Um." Leech tipped his head as she ran back to where she had come out from. "Leech lives under the city," he called.

Anna: "Okay!" she called back, "That's fine! I do house calls!" Ow. She accidentally hip-checked her desk on her way back to the waiting area. She rubbed absently at the probably forming bruise on her way over to Leech, "Lead the way," she gave him a smile, flipping the sign on the door to 'on a house call! back soon!' before opening it and gesturing him out into the street ahead of her.

Leech: Leech pulled his beanie back on and started back the way he came. "Can you follow Leech under the manhole or should I lead you a different way?"

Anna: "I can go anywhere you can go with legs," Anna replied, quickly locking up so she could follow him.

Leech: "Oh good. Because the manhole is faster." Leech led her to it and grunted as he pulled the heavy cover aside. "Ladies first, Miss Anna."

Anna: Anna gave him a smile, "Thank you, what a gentleman." She headed carefully down the ladder, feeling in her jacket pocket for her flashlight when she got to the bottom.

Leech: Leech followed her down, stood still for a second to let his eyes adjust, then started leading again. "Thank you for coming, Miss Anna. Some of Leech's people told me that you have helped them when they were up in the city before. I'm glad you were at the office they told me to go to."

Anna: "I live there. If I'm ever not there, I'm either shopping for food or out with a patient and I'll be back as soon as I can," she assured him, clicking on her flashlight as she wasn't so good with the seeing in the dark. "Helping people is my calling, you don't have to thank me but it's nice to hear."

Leech: "Leech's people are my calling. Leech gets it. He doesn't need to be thanked for it either." He shot a toothy grin over his shoulder. "Do you need to know anything before we get there? Or will you be able to fix them without Leech telling you what's wrong?"

Anna: "I'll be able to heal them without knowing what the problem is but I am a qualified doctor so I'm sure I can diagnose them myself anyway," she smiled back, "I don't need my powers to patch people up but they do help speed things up a little..."

Leech: "Then Leech will make sure to stay at the designated safe distance. Leech has figured out how to make the field smaller so it's not a fifty foot area. Leech is working on controlling it to be unless someone touches him. Unless Leech wants it to be further out." He ducked into a large pipe and duck-walked through it. "Not much futher, Miss Anna."

Anna: "It took me a while to work out how to only use my powers when I wanted to as well... You'll get there." She followed him through the pipe, glad she was kind of short. "When I started out, I healed people whenever I touched them, no matter how big the problem was but I couldn't heal minor injuries."

Leech: Leech nodded and jumped out of the pipe then turned around to offer his hand to help her down the large drop. "Leech practiced with Bobby and Lorna before the school blew up and we had to move to Boston." His big eyes got a bit dreamy as he thought of Lorna and her green hair. He missed her. "And then Leech didn't like the new school and Bobby wasn't living there anymore, so Leech started the Morlocks!"

Anna: Anna hoped her mental image of green dudes, questionable hairstyles and terrible dentistry were not so accurate. She thanked Leech for helping her down, "You have your own underground kingdom! That's pretty cool."

Leech: Leech nodded again and started leading her down another corridor. "Jono was Leech's inspiration. Leech lived with the Fringelocks until the massacre. Mr. Remy told Leech he couldn't do what Jono did and then Lorna and Bobby said the same thing... So, Leech is doing more," he grinned, "so Morlocks!"

Leech: They were starting to come across some of his people and he smiled and waved as they passed. "We're okay with normies and flatscans unlike Jono. Leech also doesn't care if they go up to the surface, so long as they stay safe and don't lead anyone back here."

Anna: "Oooh now I feel special," She was pretty normal looking... until she did the gas thing. The name made sense now though so she shoved the movie Morlocks from The Time Machine out of her brain.

Leech: "Miss Anna is a friend of Mr. Xavier, so Miss Anna is a friend of Leech." He gave her another grin over his shoulder and trotted the rest of the way to the three kids who were in need of her care. Leech squatted down and wiped the tears from a little girl's eye with a smile. "You'll feel better soon. Leech promises. This is Miss O'Keefe. She's a healer." Leech stepped back and jogged backwards far enough to make sure he didn't dampen Anna's powers.

Anna: "Leech brought me to make all the sore parts better again," Anna crouched and smiled at the girl, "All you have to do is take my hand," she held her hand out in offer, "It feels warm and tingly and then you'll be all better. It's a little bit like when your foot falls asleep but without that uncomfortable bit."

Leech: Leech heard the girl sniff and watched as she tried to smile back at Anna. He held his breath, hoping there wouldn't be any screaming when the bones reset themselves. "Be brave like Leech! Leech will bring you a toy and candy when he comes back from the surface next time! All of you!"

Anna: "It won't hurt," Anna assured her, "I've healed lots of people. No one's ever said ouch or tried to punch me in the face," she gave the girl another smile and wiggled her fingers, "And I can't heal myself so you'd know if I was lying. My nose would be all wonky."

Leech: The girl giggled and the two boys beside her snickered. Leech couldn't help it. He laughed too. "At least Miss Anna has a nose, right, kiddos?" Leech ran a hand over his face where he just had the small nostrils and made a goofy face at the children.

Anna: "Yes, I do have that going for me," she grinned, "So how about it? Want to try it out? I can guarantee it's better than having an operation to reset your bones and having your leg in a cast for six weeks and not being able to scratch any itchy bits under it or get it wet."

Leech: All three kids made disgusted faces about not being able to scratch their legs. The little girl took a deep breath, looked at Anna with her big orange eyes and nodded. The boys smiled at her, glad she was going first, but also to try and show support.

Anna: Anna decided to make the move, giving the girl's nose a tweek and making a 'meep' sound as she released a heal. "All done! Who's next?"

Leech: The three children and Leech stared at the girl's leg where the bone had been obviously splintered a moment ago. Both boys' hands shot up at once. They were ready to be able to go play again.

Anna: Anna laughed, "Well, everyone's feeling brave now, huh?" She held out both her hands to the two boys.

Leech: Leech stared in awe as Anna worked on the boys at the same time. The girl was already up and dancing around, laughing with glee.

Anna: "And three for three," Anna ruffled the boys' hair before straightening up again, "Anyone else I need to see?"

Leech: "There were two others, but they just had minor scrapes and bruises." Leech watched the boys run off pushing at each other and giggling. "Miss Anna... Do you think maybe you could come back on a regular basis? Leech thinks maybe a couple times a month? To make sure my people stay healthy?"

Anna: "To do checkups and things? Yeah I can do that. Of course," she smiled at Leech, "Anything I can do to help. I'm happy to be your registered doctor."

Leech: Leech gave her a big grin and stuck out his hand to shake like Bobby had taught him a long time ago. "Deal. Just let Leech know how you want to be paid and he will have it done."

Anna: Anna took his hand to shake on the deal, "Well, money is always nice but I'll settle for a good bottle of Irish whiskey from friends."

Leech: "Leech can do both. But not this time. This time Leech only has money." He trotted over to his sleeping area and opened his lockbox, "How much, Miss Anna?"

Anna: "This time is free of charge," Anna told him, "Call it a trial run to see how you like my work." She gave Leech a smile, "Do you want me to make sure everyone's vaccinations are up to date for those that don't heal, too? I can do that if you give me numbers."

Leech: Leech blinked at her, "Um. Yes. Thank you, Miss Anna." He closed and locked his small box and went back to her. "Leech can have them for you tomorrow? I can bring them to your office? Do you need to know anything else? Leech can make a list!"

Anna: "Everything else I can get when I start doing appointments. We can talk about when that is tomorrow," she gave him another smile, "If I'm not in my office, just post the list through the flap on the wall and I'll get it when I get back and I can come find you to talk about days for clinics."

Leech: "Leech can do that, too." He gave her a big grin. "Do you need me to lead you back to your office? Leech knows the way better than anyone."

Anna: "I think that's a good idea. Can't help anyone if I end up lost down here for a week," she grinned right back, "After a few trips here and back I'll be able to remember I think but let's be on the safe side for now."

Leech: Leech gave her a quick nod and started off back the way they came. The parents of the children Anna had helped rushed over to thank her before they left and Leech grinned. "See? We like normies."

Anna: "I think you're the only people in the world that'll call me normal in any sense of the word so I will take that win," she laughed a little, telling the parents it was really no trouble.

Leech: "You don't look like us. You look like a flatscan," Leech shrugged one shoulder. "Jono hated normies and flatscans. Leech made sure we don't do that anymore."

Anna: "I might look normal but I believe in faeries and leprachauns. People think I'm weird," she echoed the gesture, "I think looking normal is helpful in my profession though... helps put people at ease."

Leech: "Leech doesn't think that's so weird. Leech has seen lots weirder than that." He grinned and offered her a hand up into the big pipe again. "Looking normal is overrated."

Anna: "It is at that," she smiled, taking his hand but using her teke to take most of her own weight, "I've met lots of lovely people who look a bit odd and lots of gits that look perfectly charming."

Leech: "Well you look a bit odd and are also lovely, so I guess that fits." He bent to fit in the pipe and started to jog through it. "Race ya!"