10/25 Issue: Hereditary Nerdery

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

10/25 Issue: Hereditary Nerdery

Post by Slarti »

Timelined Saturday, April 15

Bobby: "Because, Rip, I know the hilt of that lightsaber is metal!" Bobby was yelling through the bathroom door at his daughter, who had locked it, not quite realizing he could just pop the lock from the outside. "How else would it have gotten up there?"

Bobby: In his room, Zachary was playing quietly, which was never good either.

Chris: Chris managed to wrangle the furred terror and Astrid to the door of Bobby's house. "Alright, serious talk. Be good.... Thomas if you're good, steaks for dinner." Chris ruffled his son's hair. "I know y'all can do it." He knocked on Bobby's door and then started the waiting game.

Bobby: He mumbled under his breath at the knock. "Rip, come out right now! I want you to answer the door while I get Zach ready."

Bobby: Bobby went to check on his son, but the kid was like the Flash and had already made it down the steps to answer the door himself. "Fuck."

Chris: "Uhmm... hi there little guy. Are you supposed to be answering the door?" Chris almost laughed before he noticed Thomas zip right in to look for something to do. "Thomas get back here!"

Bobby: Even better, Zachary was wearing nothing but a diaper. Awesome. "Hey, Chris! Come on in," he called from the top of the stairs. "Sorry for the... it's... yeah, we're good, just come in."

Chris: "See if you can wrangle your brother Astrid. He listens to you." He watched the little girl go off to find her brother. "Hey there Iceman. Long time no see."

Bobby: "Iceman?!" Bobby made a face, giving up on Ripley to come down the stairs. "Man, I'm not on duty. It's Bobby." He laughed and offered his hand to shake. "Been a while, yeah. How ya been?"

Chris: Chris walked in and shut the door behind him. "I always forget that's your codename... I was just thinking top gun... Damn... I 'm Maverick." Chris laughed and gave Bobby's hand a shake. "Pretty good actually," Chris lied. "Co-parenting with Greer is working out really well." He gave him a smile.

Bobby: "True..." He laughed, shaking his head at himself. "Damn, too distracted to catch a reference. What's the world coming to, huh?" Bobby nodded. "Good deal. I know we have enough trouble with Paige and I both living here." In theory.

Chris: "Kids man, what little brain we started with and turn it to mush huh?" Chris laughed a little. "How've things been with you?"

Bobby: "No joke." He gestured Chris into the living room, where his kids were already playing with half-naked Zach. Oh well. "Been busy, but, y'know, that's life."

Chris: "Yeah, you're not wrong there. I'm glad I hired a damn good manager to run my tattoo parlor." Chris laughed at the half-naked Zach. "He's almost as bad as Thomas."

Bobby: "He's just getting his sea legs, so now he's extra dangerous." Bobby glanced up the stairs, but no Ripley yet. "Hey, you want a drink? We have juice boxes for the kids... get 'em good and sugared up."

Chris: "Remind me to call the babysitter on the way home." Chris laughed. "I wouldn't mind something. Dealer's choice."

Bobby: "Is it five o'clock somewhere or are we being good?" Bobby started for the kitchen.

Chris: "Healing factor. You don't own enough booze for me to be bad." Chris laughed and followed him to the kitchen.

Bobby: "Fair enough," he laughed. Bobby went ahead and grabbed two beers and some stuff for the kids, handing off the bottle to Chris as he dropped off the goods and looked upstairs again. The bathroom door was open. Uhoh.

Chris: Chris twisted off the top and pocketed the cap out of habit. "Mmhmm. So been up to anything fun?"

Bobby: "Babysitting your ex," he laughed, taking a long drink as he turned back around to face Chris.

Chris: "I'm going to need something stronger than beer if we're going to talk about Hope." Chris sighed a little. There was still a sore spot there.

Bobby: "Not talking about her, just unfortunately that's the job." He shook his head and glanced at the kids. "Zach! Don't pull his fur!"

Chris: "Thomas no scratching! He doesn't know better..." Chris sipped on his beer. "Yeah, just a sore spot."

Bobby: "I get it." Bobby sighed and took a drink. "So, what have you been up to?"

Chris: "Stay at home dad actually. Greer loves her job so I back burnered everything to raise the kids. I've got a nanny that helps so I can still check in on the business and do a few tatts here and there though." He gave Bobby a smile. "I might try one of those remote laser toys for Thomas though. Might be cheaper."

Bobby: "Nanny... that's an idea." Bobby gave him a dirty grin. "Hot nanny?"

Chris: "Hmm, I'd say she's a seven. Could be worse, could be better." Chris stuck his tongue out at Bobby.

Bobby: "Eh, well. That's boring. Maybe the laser pointer would be more fun then." Bobby returned the gesture and sensed... a disturbance in the force.

Chris: "I think Greer would slap the shit out of me for that though." He took another sip of his beer and shrugged.

Bobby: The lightsaber ignited above his head and winged through the air from the second floor balcony. It landed, plastic blade down, in the sofa cushions. "Welp."

Chris: "What the hell was that?!" Chris laughed a little. "Did I just see a lightsaber?"

Bobby: "Yup." Bobby took another drink. "Rogue got Ripley a lightsaber." A streak of green hair and brown Jedi robes pounded down the stairs and the saber flew from the sofa to her hand. "She's... she's a Jedi."

Chris: "Run Chewie run!" Chris laughed. "That sounds like Rogue. Is it bad I want to dye Thomas' fur brown now?"

Bobby: "Ah, but the Wookiees and Jedi have long been allies." Bobby gave a sober nod. "Written, it is," he Yodaed. "I bet Greer would really slap you for that," he laughed.

Chris: "I don't think it'd be a slap. My healing factor might end up working overtime." Chris laughed. "Gonna have to get Thomas a bowcaster if they're gonna be allies."

Bobby: "Hey, Thomas, can you say 'Arrrraaaarararah!?'" Bobby did his best Chewbacca, wincing halfway through. "Man, I'm losing my nerd skills." He looked at Chris. "Might have to strike me down..."

Chris: "Will you become more powerful than I can possibly imagine?" He raised an eyebrow.

Bobby: "Here's hoping?" Across the room, baby Lorna was hacking the shit out of a pillow fort with her saber.

Chris: "I think what will more likely happen is Paige will kill me. And then our wives will raise the children cursing our names forever."

Bobby: "Oooor, that's also possible." Bobby nodded and took another sip. "Might take her a while to notice unless she has to step over my corpse on the way to work." He made a face as he said it. Not fair, Drake.

Chris: "I'm sure the kids will tell them. I can't open a beer in the house without them telling Greer immediately." Chris laughed.

Bobby: "They are good for that," he laughed. Thomas was quickly mastering that Chewie impression and Ripley was overjoyed with her new partner in crime.

Chris: "I think we just created the super villain team that will be the end of us..." Chris looked at the two running around.

Bobby: "Soon the apprentice shall become the master," he nodded, taking another drink.

Chris: "Don't Sith become lords not masters?" Chris laughed. "We'll have to keep them away from those dark side cookies."

Bobby: "Her heritage lies in the light, but... the dark side does call to our family." Bobby attempted to channel some Obi Wan.

Chris: "You feeling old, man?" Chris drank more of his beer. "You're starting to spout off some wisdom now. When does that shit start happening, 'cause I could use it?"

Bobby: "Just eat more fortune cookies, dude," he laughed. The babies were... doing something to a doll. Possibly dismembering it. He really didn't want to know.

Chris: Chris couldn't help but bust out laughing. "But cookies are the dark side."

Bobby: "Not fortune cookies!"

Chris: "How do you know, they never mention what kind of cookies. That could be how they get you."

Bobby: "Fuck, you're right." Oops. Bobby made a face toward the kids and then back at Chris. "Sorry. I owe the swear jar about ten grand by now."

Chris: "Yeah... I'd be poor if we had one of those. Greer would be the rich one. I'm worse than a sailor. Just gotta make sure they know not to say it. And bribe with candy not to rat you out to Mom."

Bobby: "Oh yeah, Rip and I have an understanding, but Zach is too young to bribe."

Chris: "Hmm, aging ray?" Chris laughed a little. "Or good luck not gettin' in trouble."

Bobby: "Eh, I'm good at gettin' back out of trouble, y'know." Bobby waggled his brows at Chris and laughed.

Chris: "I'd say teach me, master, but if Greer wasn't happy I'd know it." Chris waggled his brows back at Bobby.

Bobby: Bobby laughed and finished off his beer. "Wanna see what's on TV since they're busy and no one is screaming? Maybe it's Shark Week?"

Chris: "Oh yeah! Shark bite oh ha ha!" Chris laughed. "Also fish are totally friends and food." He gave Bobby a little shove.