10/28 Issue: Bedtime Bonding

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

10/28 Issue: Bedtime Bonding

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: Monday April 17th, 2023

Bobby: Kids were fucking exhausting. Bobby had them both in bed, and had put one back to bed after finding him up twice. Finally, they were both asleep. He just needed to sit for a few minutes. In peace. Silence. Alone.

Bobby: He slid low into his favorite chair, too tired to bother with turning on the television. After a few minutes, his eyes slid closed.

Rogue: Rogue had flown the length of Boston a handful of times, circled it a few more, even flew to New York and back at super sonic, and still wasn't calm. So finally, she turned and headed for the one thing that worked without fail.

Rogue: She took a deep breath and landed on the street and just watched the house for a few minutes. She knew the kids would be asleep by now, if he was lucky. But she didn't know if Paige was home or not. But this was an emergency and she needed her best friend. She flew quickly up to the door and knocked as softly as she could but still be heard throughout the downstairs.

Bobby: Whuzzat? Bobby shifted in the chair, unable to tell if he was dreaming someone was knocking on the door or if there was a kid coming down the stairs, or if Paige had a peg leg or what the everloving fuck was going on. He groaned.

Rogue: Rogue thought she heard something, but wasn't sure so she waited a moment and knocked again. Then, pulled out her phone to text him. [I need you bugsy...]

Bobby: The pirate continued to wander the house and then his phone beeped and he awoke with a snort, knocking it from the arm of the chair. "Motherfucker," he muttered and reached for it.

Rogue: Rogue shifted from foot to foot as she waited, teeth clenched. Maybe he was asleep. One more try... She knocked once more and closed her eyes, praying he wasn't asleep. She needed him right now or she was going to go find some bar brawls to get into. ...Or something.

Bobby: Half asleep, he checked his message and grunted. Then he heard the tap. Still disoriented, Bobby dragged himself up and to the door, leaning to look outside. She looked... not good. "Babe?" Bobby opened the door and looked her over. "Anna? Wha's wrong?"

Rogue: "Fuck. Ah woke ya up. Ah'm sorry. Ah'll just... Go back t' sleep. Sorry." She hesitated for a moment then reached out to smooth a bit of his hair that was rebelling. "Night, sugah."

Bobby: "Nuhah, s'okay." Bobby caught her wrist and dragged her in for a hug. Once she was there, he leaned and yawned. "What's up?"

Rogue: Rogue balled her fists up in the back of his shirt and forced herself to breathe. "Ah got fired."

Bobby: "What?!" Well, now he was awake. Bobby frowned and tried to look at her. "The fuck?"

Rogue: She let him pull back, letting go of him completely. "Tony's know-it-all PR people said Ah couldn't keep mah job anymore. So... Ah got fired. An' Ah cain't decide if Ah wanna beat things up or cry."

Bobby: "Why?" Bobby closed the door behind her and glanced outside before turning back.

Rogue: "'Cause they're fuckin' assholes, that's why." She glanced toward the stairs but didn't hear any tell-tale pitter patter. Rogue turned to face him and the anger softened a bit when she really took a second to look at him. "Hard day?"

Bobby: "Eh," he waved it away, taking a quick look upstairs. "Just long." Bobby snagged her hand on the way to the living room. "Okay, so tell me what happened?"

Rogue: Rogue clung to his hand like a lifeline, willing herself to calm down enough to not wake the kids. "Tony called a meetin' t' discuss things with PR an' since it involved me, he asked me t' participate instead o' just guardin' his body, as he puts it. It went down hill from th' moment he opened his mouth. Which is sayin' somethin'."

Bobby: "With PR? Why?" Bobby ruffled his free hand through his hair and made it worse, then pulled her to flop onto the sofa with him.

Rogue: Rogue groaned and gladly flopped, leaning into him a bit. "Becaaauuuse.... Ah'm th' FGOTUS?"

Bobby: "You're the... foghat-what-now?" Bobby craned his head back to give her a confused look.

Rogue: "Ah'm not a foghat!" She frowned at him. "Ah'm th'... First Girlfriend of th' United States." That sounded so weird. "Tony wants t' give it a real shot. So PR, an' HR, when it comes down to it, said Ah couldn't continue t' do mah job. Conflict of interest or some bullshit. Do they know what Ah've gone through with th' X-Men an' still been able t' do mah job with them?! Ah fought side by side with mah past lovers an' was fine. Damn 'em all t' hell."

Bobby: Bobby's brain stalled out on the first part. "Waaaait, you're the what now?" He blinked. "You're Tony Stark's girlfriend!" Shit! Kids! Bobby made a face at himself and dropped his voice. Good job, Drake.

Rogue: Rogue pulled back and looked at him, clearly confused. "Y' knew it was a possibility," she hissed in case he had just woken the kids. "We talked 'bout it! Why is it so shockin' now?"

Bobby: "Well, yeah, but... Stark?!" He managed to keep his voice down now, but was still surprised. "He... wow, so you talked to him and he's..." Bobby just blinked. "Wow..."

Rogue: Rogue chewed her lip as she watched him stumble over the thoughts not forming coherently. "He wanted t' try... An', Ah like 'im fine... Ain't like there's any other prospects anyway, right?"

Bobby: "I just... I know we talked about it..." He needed to kick his brain back into gear. "If this is what you want, I'm happy for ya, babe."

Rogue: "Did y' not think it was really an option when we talked 'bout it?" She was still really confused with how he was acting and didn't bother to hide it. "Bobby... Ah've been alone f'r eleven years an' seven months. Yes, Ah keep track. It's like an internal clock. But, he wants me. That feels good... T' be wanted like that again. By somebody Ah care 'bout."

Bobby: "No, babe, it's not that..." He frowned. "It's just Tony. I'm surprised he got his head out of his ass long enough to realize he should jump on the opportunity." Bobby shrugged one shoulder and slid his arm around hers.

Rogue: That made her mouth twitch in the first smile she'd had all evening. "Y' think Ah'm a good opportunity?" She would save the 'jump on it' pun for later.

Bobby: He sighed and gave her a squeeze. "Anna, who wouldn't?" He was happy to see her almost smile.

Rogue: "Someone who wouldn't jump on me," she teased. And then the moment passed and she made an unhappy noise. "Ah lost mah job! Is it worth it? Ah liked mah job! Loved it, even!"

Bobby: "I dunno babe. You like him, too, right? ...maybe you'll love him instead?" He sighed. "I don't know that they count the X-Men for much, babe."

Rogue: "Maybe. But Ah dunno..." Her sigh echoed his. "Definitely don't count f'r a paycheck."

Bobby: "Speaking of... maybe see if Carol needs help running the X-Men? Since it's gonna be a real thing now?"

Rogue: Rogue wrinkled her nose, "We talked 'bout this already, too. Don't think they'll let me lead a team any time soon. Maybe not even join." Her head fell back to the back of the couch and she stared at the ceiling. "Is it worth it? T' lose mah job? Bein' with Tony as his official girlfriend?" Her head lolled to the side and she gave him a pleading look, "Honest answers only."

Bobby: "Babe, they let you guard the president. They let me guard his daughter, and work for SHIELD. I was mostly joking before, 'cause I think they're over the whole X-Force thing. They know everyone is better off with us on their side." He gave her a half smile. "It's worth it if ya want it to be, Anna."

Rogue: "What kinda half-cocked bullshit answer is that?" She gave his side a shove.

Bobby: "How is that half-cocked?" he laughed, rocking with the shove.

Rogue: "It's worth it if ya want it to be, Anna," she did her best to mock his voice and shook her head. "That ain't what a best friend says. At least it ain't what you've ever said. Y've always said 'he'd be good f'r ya' or 'Ah think y're bein' stupid, Anna' or somethin' that was a real, honest opinion. Where's that Bobby Drake now?"

Bobby: "He's still half asleep, babe." Bobby shook his head at himself and sat up just a little, clearing his throat and putting on his serious face. Sorta. "I think he will be good for ya. He's not a complete idiot. The job thing... yeah, that sucks." He frowned. "Also, I don't sound like that."

Rogue: "Y' do so. 'Bout as much as Ah sound like y'r impression o' me." Rogue reached up and ran her gloved fingers through his hair, giving a gentle tug to the slightly unruly locks before letting her hand fall again. "But is him bein' good f'r me worth losin' mah job? Mah livelihood? Protectin' him from Essex? Is it worth that?"

Bobby: "I do not." Bobby popped out his tongue, then crossed his eyes before he laughed. Damn, he quite enjoyed the hair petting though, and cocked his head into it before she stopped. "Well there's where the X-Men option comes in, yeah? Worth checking it out anyway."

Rogue: "Ah guess." She smirked at his head moving into her hand and brought it back up to lazily play with his hair. "Since Ah'm now gainfully unemployed, though... F'r now, anyway... Need help with th' kids while Paige works? Y' look like y' need a break."

Bobby: "Do I?" He leaned into the hand in his hair with a chuckle and closed his eyes. "I'd love a break, babe. I think the kids would love to see Auntie Roguey more... and so would I."

Rogue: "Ah miss y'all too. A lot. Maybe that's mah silver linin' from all this..." Rogue toed off her boots and moved to sit on her feet, facing him. "Turn," she gestured for him to face away from her.

Bobby: "Mhm?" He opened his eyes and looked at her, then processed her words. Sitting up with a groan he did as he was told. "There ya go, babe. Silver lining... of ice."

Bobby: "Frosty lining!"

Rogue: Rogue laughed and slipped her inhibitor from her jacket and clipped it on before pulling her gloves off to set in her lap. She brought both of her hands up to run her fingers through his hair, massaging his scalp. "Mah very own Olaf," she teased. "Snowstar an' th' sugah booger are just awesome bonuses. Ah've missed seein' her every day."

Bobby: "She misses you, too, Anna." He glanced around at her bracelet when he felt her bare fingers, then smiled. After a moment's thought about it, Bobby kicked himself up on the sofa and dropped his head in her lap. He grinned.

Rogue: She gave him a mirroring grin; that face was one of her weaknesses and he knew it. Rogue ran her fingers through his hair, letting the waves slip between them as they willed. "An' what 'bout her daddy? He miss me, too?"

Bobby: Bobby's grin softened and he caught her hand, giving it a quick kiss. "Of course I miss ya, Anna." He held on, dropping their clasped hands onto his chest.

Rogue: Rogue smiled fondly down at him, stooped to press a kiss to his forehead, and gently picked up his head with the hand still in his hair and adjusted so she was lying on the other half of the couch, her head beside his, never letting go of his hand. She stared up at the ceiling in silence for a bit then looked over at him with just her eyes. "Ah'm gonna miss bein' Team Stark with you."

Bobby: "Baaaaabe, you're still Team Stark," he snerked. "In fact, you're the ultimate example of taking one for the team."

Rogue: "Oh yeah? How's that? 'Cause Ah'm quite literally takin' it?" She rolled her eyes at him. "Better'n takin' one f'r th' team like Ah did way back when. Or better yet, th' way you did." Rogue turned her head to give him a loud kiss on the cheek. "Ah'll let y' sleep with Tony f'r that one if y' want."

Bobby: "You said it, babe, not me." Bobby gave her a dirty grin and laughed aloud at the kiss. "Nah, I'll pass. You can have all the naked funtimes with Stark."

Rogue: Rogue stroked her thumb over his knuckles and looked back at the ceiling. "Y' sure? Dang. Now Ah gotta call mah hookup with th' secret video camera an' tell 'em th' deal's off."

Bobby: Bobby cackled. "Yiiiiikes. That's cold, babe. Not sure which one of us you're tryin' to ruin with that sex tape either."

Rogue: "Ruin? Ruin? Tsk, Bobby. Ah'd never let anyone else see it. Y' have mah word."

Bobby: Bobby turned his head, eyes first, to give her a look. He blinked. "Oh, this would be for your own use? Well, well..." Putting on a leer, he nuzzled her ear.

Rogue: Rogue squeaked and giggled, nearly losing hold of his hand as that arm tried to come down from over her head. "What c'n Ah say? Ah've never been able t' turn down two attractive men. Remy an' Vic got me started. Another blonde an' brunette? Mmm. Heaven, sugah."

Bobby: He giggled at her reaction, shaking his head. "Big flaw in that plan, babe. I ain't Remy or Vic." He kissed her cheek, loudly. "Y'know, in case you had forgotten. Been a while since I've been in your noggin, but I'd think that one wouldda stuck."

Rogue: Rogue turned her head to give him a mock stern look, "Ah ain't f'rgotten. Ah remember very clearly what both o' them look like naked." Her free hand came up to his hair and gave it a slight tug. "Know what you look like naked, too since y' cain't seem t' keep ya pants in one piece 'round me."

Bobby: "Can ya blame me?" Bobby gave her a crooked grin, taking the opportunity to study her face through hooded eyes as she tugged his head back a bit by his hair.

Rogue: "F'r freezin' y'r pants off? Most men have th' opposite reaction to me, so Ah ain't sure what t' make o' that one." She laughed and bumped his nose with hers. "Glad y' at least don't shit y'r pants 'round me."

Bobby: The bump made him swallow as his gut clenched and Bobby looked back up at the ceiling. "Now that'd be the best and worst power ever. Instant explosive diarrhea. Imagine the codename possibilities."

Rogue: Rogue's nose wrinkled and she turned her head fully away from him to bury in the back of the couch. "Ewww!" She brought her face out enough to speak without being muffled now that she wasn't squalling about it. "How would that ever be a 'best' ever? That's worse'n mah power."

Bobby: "Best as in best worst power," he laughed, clearing his throat. "That's got Japh beat by a mile." After a moment, Bobby started humming the diarrhea song.

Rogue: "Oh, by maybe a hundred miles, Ah'd say," she laughed with him had started to come out of her hidey hole and then recoiled again at the song. "Bobby, no! Th' kids're sleepin' an' Ah don't wanna wake 'em with mah pukin'."

Bobby: "Noooo," he laughed, softening his voice again and turning his head back to look at her with a shit-eatting grin. "Don't wanna start a barforama either."

Rogue: "No, definitely not." She carefully turned back to grin at him, "But if y' stand by me, Ah'd be okay f'r a long time. So long as y' held mah hair."

Bobby: "....bwaa!" Bobby rolled toward her to bury his face against her shoulder so he didn't wake the kids with his cackling.

Rogue: Rogue used the hand in his hair to press his mouth against her even though she was struggling to control her own giggles. "Shhh! We're gonna be in deep diarrhea if y' don't shhh!"

Bobby: That did nothing to stop him from laughing his ass off and he tried not to think about what his face was touching. Still, smelled nice in there.

Rogue: "Bobby," she hissed, "keep it down!" Her chest was shaking with her own laughter though and she was struck by sudden inspiration to maybe shock him into silence. Before he knew what was happening, she leaned over him and licked his cheek.

Bobby: Bobby was suddenly wet, and he stopped laughing and jerked his head up to look at her, the cool air hitting his cheek. "Did you just lick me, babe?" he giggled.

Rogue: "Ah just licked y', babe." It was Rogue's turn to give Bobby a shit-eating grin. "Gotcha quiet though, didn't it?"

Bobby: Narrowing his eyes at her, Bobby was thiiiis close to retaliating in kind when he heard a sound from upstairs and his attention focused to the balcony. "Aw, fuck..."

Rogue: Rogue's smile died on her face and her eyes went wide as she craned her neck to see. "Daddy did it."

Bobby: "Shitshitshit... it's Zach," he whispered, making out the small, warm body now on its way down the stairs.

Rogue: Rogue regretfully released her hold on Bobby's hand. "Hey, sugah. Auntie Rogue's here. Did we wake y', baby?" The small boy came around the corner of the couch and she gave him a smile. "Hi, baby boy. C'mere," she held out her arms to him and he just blinked at her because he saw she had no gloves. "We've trained him well. Gotta train 'im on mah new toy."

Bobby: "It's okay, buddy, Auntie Roguey has a special bracelet that lets her touch us." Bobby reached over and took her hand, giving it a squeeze, and the little boy decided that was good enough and crawled up onto the sofa.

Rogue: Rogue gave Bobby a smile and kept his hand, using her free arm to scoop Zach into her lap before she laid back down. "Ah'm gonna be able t' hang out with y'all more f'r a bit, Zachary. Ah'll help y' remember what mah special bracelet looks like." The boy snuggled into her and she took a deep breath, enjoying the closeness but consciously reminded herself he wasn't really her baby. "Least we only woke th' one?"

Bobby: "Yeah, and I'm not sure he's really awake." Bobby squinted up the stairs but all stayed quiet and he shrugged, flopping a bit more carefully back into place. "It'll be good, babe... I miss having another adult to talk to."

Rogue: Rogue wrapped her arm protectively around Zachary, kissed his tiny forehead, then laid her head on Bobby's shoulder. "Ah miss havin' you t' talk to." She kissed Bobby's cheek and smiled, "But maybe y' just let me take care o' th' kids f'r a couple days an' you get some rest or go t' a spa. ...Or whatever Mr. Moms do."

Bobby: Bobby laughed. "Spa. Yeah right. How about a week in bed and a trip to the comic shop?"

Rogue: "A week? That might be pushin' even mah limits. But Ah'll give y' two days an' we c'n go a day at a time from there." Zachary stretched on her chest and she felt him settle more comfortably before his thumb found his mouth. "Ah think Ah'm stuck f'r now anyway. Go t' bed an' Ah'll put him back in his bed if he stirs."

Bobby: He sighed and watched his son cuddle up to her. Bobby smiled. "Unfortunately, I gotta work tomorrow, but if I can call the daycare lemme know. Zach's already made himself at home."

Rogue: "Why is that unfortunate? Ah'm already out o' a job an' Drakes make th' best anti-depressants f'r a gal like me." She smiled at Bobby, "Always have."

Bobby: "Unfortunate 'cause I can't sleep." He ramped up his grin. "I'm cheaper than meds."

Rogue: "Cheaper on mah wallet, maybe," she snarked. "But y' can sleep right now? Or take th' day off? We could take Zachary to th' zoo an' go have lunch with Ripley at school?"

Bobby: Bobby made a whining noise in the back of his throat. "Temptress."

Rogue: "It would be fuuun," she sing-songed softly in his ear. "But if y' can't, y' can't. Ah c'n do it all by mahself. Am Ah still on th' list t' be able t' pick Rip up from school? Or did that stop with her daycare?"

Bobby: "You can be." Bobby let his eyes slide closed again, just letting her accented voice wash over him. "I can call in the morning."

Rogue: Rogue made a face at that, wondering if that was Paige's doing, or if that was being unfair. "Ah'd like that. Ah think she would, too. But, more importantly, y' c'n take a nap after work an' Ah c'n take th' kids f'r ice cream'r somethin' so th' house is quiet f'r you an' Paige if she's home."

Bobby: "Nap's're awesome." In fact, Bobby was getting pretty close to one right now. He made a noise. "She won'be."

Rogue: That made her frown at him, worried for him, but knew he wouldn't talk to her right now. If ever. Because he was always 'fine,' but she wasn't one to talk, anyway. "Then y' can take a quiet, peaceful nap t'morrow after work insteada playin' hooky with me an' Zachary." Rogue softly kissed his cheek. "Go up t' bed, Bugsy. Ah got Zach an' Ah know how t' lock up when Ah leave."

Bobby: "But I's comfy here, dollface," he mumbled, smirking and snuggling into her.

Rogue: That made her smile and she adjusted to lie on her side, still using Bobby's shoulder as her pillow, and cradling Zachary to her. Rogue lightly played with Bobby's hair and closed her own eyes. "Least we got clothes on this time," she whispered with a soft giggle.

Bobby: He cracked a grin and chuckled. "Damn." She was warm and comfy and Zach was making those little kid snuffly sounds.

Rogue: "Damn, huh?" Rogue tsked him playfully, "Ah'd rather not have y' thrown back in prison." She nuzzled into his neck and took a deep breath, trying to fight a yawn. She hadn't been this relaxed in a long time. "Love both th' Drake boys too much f'r that."

Bobby: Bobby made a pleased sound, catching the yawn if not most of the words. "Love you too, babe."

Rogue: "An' don't you f'rget it," she mumbled as she hugged Zach to her, her stroking on his back slowing at the same rate as her fingers in Bobby's hair. “Sleep sweet, sugahs.”
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: 10/28 Issue: Bedtime Bonding

Post by Svartfreja »

:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6