10/30 Issue: Psylocke and Phoenix Ride Again

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

10/30 Issue: Psylocke and Phoenix Ride Again

Post by Slarti »

Timelined later in the day, after Linked at the Hip – Again

Beth: Beth lounged on the sofa as she tried to find something half decent to watch on TV. It was hard. Maybe she'd watch a movie or something... Blah. She rolled her eyes and levered herself up to go put the kettle on.

Jean: Jean parked the Fiat and tapped on Beth's mental shields. Anyone home? She checked her hair and lipstick in the mirror, then gave it a kissy face.

Beth: Is that a comment on my brain? Because you know I'm here. Beth sassed back, tossing a tea bag into her mug, I just put the kettle on.

Jean: It's called being polite, bitch, so I didn't just knock on the door. Hold the kettle, I brought green leafy surprises! Jean grabbed her purse and hopped out, floating to the door.

Beth: I will add snacks to my tea tray! Tea is life! Want coffee? She went to the front door to unlock it for her, Door's open, bimbo.

Jean: I always want coffee! Jean opened the door and went in. God it must be nice to be independently filthy fucking rich. "Hey!"

Beth: "Hey!" She waved from the kitchen as she dug in the drawer for the coffee scoop. "Brian was threatening to supervise but I changed his mind... He's so boring." She rolled her eyes, "'Don't put the other passengers to sleep.' 'Don't smuggle weed back from the US.' 'Stop forgetting to lock your cage.' Honestly, you'd think he was my mother."

Jean: "Well, normally I wouldn't have minded since he's nice to look at..." Jean floated into the kitchen and perched on the counter.

Beth: "Yeah but you can't look at him and smoke weed at the same time... also EW." She threw a teaspoon at Jean.

Jean: "Well I COULD, he just wouldn't like it." Jean stopped the spoon in midair and reached up to grab it.

Beth: For that, Beth gave her a shove to knock her off the counter. "Haxx!"

Jean: Jean let out a short screech at the teke attack and caught herself, floating her ass back onto the counter. "Whatever, bitch! I still have your spoon!"

Beth: "I have more!" She poked her tongue out at Jean as she scooped coffee into the french press. "What biccies you want?" She pointed to the cupboard that contained the treasure.

Jean: "Got anything chocolate? I've got a craving." She toyed with the spoon and looked into her bag. "Oooor, we could make brownies?"

Beth: Mmmmmmm. "Brownies!" She pulled out some chocolate hobnobs anyway because chocolate was chocolate. "No one said we can't do both things."

Jean: "Awwwesome. Best of both worlds!" Jean swung her legs against the cabinet and picked a baggie of her finest from her purse.

Beth: Beth set the coffee steeping in the french press before going spelunking in cupboards for a mixing bowl and ingredients. "I like to snack while I bake. Stops me burning my fingers."

Jean: "But that's part of the fun. Gives it a dangerous edge." Jean leaned to look at what she was doing. "Got any Betty Crocker? That'd make this shit go a whole lot faster."

Beth: Hmm... She opened a different cupboard and moved some boxes around, "Cheatmix... cheatmix... wherefore art thou, cheatmix....?" Aha! "Bingo!"

Jean: "I knew I came to the right place!" Jean did a little wriggle dance on the cabinet and then floated down to actually make herself useful. She popped a couple of infused gummies and dangled the bag in front of Beth.

Beth: Beth plucked out a gummy and stuffed it in her mouth passing the box of mix off to Jean so she could get the other bits.

Jean: Well now she had to read them off for Beth to get the ingredients. Jean popped another gummy and did so, using her teke to open the box. "Sooooo, how ya beeeen?"

Beth: "Awesome," Beth grinned over her shoulder, "I'm having all my projects shipped here."

Jean: "Yeah? Brian gonna stuff himself inside one of your old cars and ship himself?"

Beth: Beth laughed hard, "No way! He'd complain about the leg room."

Jean: Jean giggled. "Dangers of being too tall. Can't relate!"

Beth: "I know, right?" She grinned, "Also, they totally don't serve drinks in cargo."

Jean: "True. But it'd be nice and quiet." She pulled the guts out of the brownie box and reached for the bowl.

Beth: "Maybe he could bring his own drinks.... it's all cargo, right?" She got a carton of eggs from the fridge, "I'll make a suggestion."

Jean: "Tell him he's your baggage. He'll love it." Jean still had that spoon and she gave it a contemplative stare, then decided to give something a try. After a moment of concentration, the tip of the handle extended into a spike, the metal twisting and reforming.

Beth: "He is my baggage!" Beth heartily agreed with this sentiment then raised an eyebrow at the spoon bending, "Oi, Uri Geller, that's part of a set!"

Jean: "I can put it back!" Probably. Maybe. Jean used her new toy to stabbity stab the brownie bag open and dumped the mix into the bowl.

Beth: Beth muttered to herself as she set the eggs and other ingredients onto the counter and went to plunge the coffee.

Jean: Jean tuned out the muttering and focused on recreating the spoon exactly as it was. She made a pleased noise when it obeyed. "See!" She held it up in triumph and poked out her tongue.

Beth: "Good! Brian would have had a fit." She pulled a mug down from the cupboard to pour Jean's coffee, then flicked on her oven.

Jean: "But you live to annoy him," she protested, letting the whine creep into her voice. Now that she was done with the spoon she flipped open the egg carton with her teke and a half dozen rose to orbit her.

Beth: "Nooooo I live to annoy mother. I actually like Brian." She stirred her tea and put it on a tray with the hobnobs.

Jean: She let two of the eggs circle the top of the bowl and cracked first one, then the other, and sent the shells to the sink without dropping anything. SCORE.

Beth: Leaning against the counter, Beth opened the hobnobs and took one out for a nibble. "I like how you come to my house and do all the baking."

Jean: "Can't do it at Jamie's. He doesn't have a kitchen." She made a face and levitated another spoon from the counter to stir the bowl while the rest of the eggs were still orbiting her head. "Well, he has two, actually, but neither of them work."

Beth: "... That seems like terrible planning." She munched her biscuit thoughtfully, "Want me to hook you up?"

Jean: "He bought the building that way." She shrugged, then tilted her head. "For realsies?"

Beth: "Yeah, for reals. I'm a qualified professional! In two countries even."

Jean: "I'll have to talk to Jamie about it." She could just poke him, but she could tell he was working, so she decided it could wait. "He bought this old three-story tenement. It's kinda... well, old and... oooooold."

Beth: Beth giggled, "Awww but at least it's his, right?"

Jean: "Yup! It's all his. He plans on working on it. Just hasn't had a chance yet." The spoon was still stirring behind her and she boosted herself back up onto the counter and let the eggs settle back into their box.

Beth: "Well I can hook up electric, gas and fix any plumbing issues. I know, I'm an over achiever. Any plastering or painting, you're on your own."

Jean: "Well, he's kinda got his own on-demand work crew, unless they decide not to listen to him..." Jean grinned and reached for some more gummies, then floated some over to Beth.

Beth: "Then it'll be fiiiiiiine," She plucked a gummy from the air and popped it in her mouth, following it with a biccie. She offered the packet to Jean. "Oh also no carpentry... I am not a friend of hammers."

Jean: "I don't think it needs that..." She shrugged and snagged a cookie. "I've been staying with him because there was a creeper in the store. A pheromoney mutant creeper." Jean shuddered, trying to shake it off by adding the last of the ingredients to the batter.

Beth: Her nose wrinkled, "Ew. You think they're doing to follow you home? Just mind-whammy him to forget who you are..."

Jean: "It wasn't that... it just threw me, after everything..." ...thaat she wasn't gonna get into with Beth again. Jean floated the coffee to her and took the cup, blowing on the hot liquid. "Jamie took care of it, but I just... felt better there with him." In fact, she felt a twinge of questioning concern from him and sent back her assurance everything was fine.

Beth: "So you're gonna give up your nice apartment with a functional kitchen? Make him stay at your place!"

Jean: "I'm not giving it up," she laughed. "The building is his business, too, sooo he kinda has to be there more. It's fine," she shrugged. "For now."

Beth: "Well I can at least make your kitchens work and check the electrics," she gave Jean a smile, "Then you can eat real food."

Jean: "Thanks! I'll see what he thinks." Jean realized it was time to add the special ingredient and floated the baggie over to do so. "Soooooo, this X-Men thing..."

Beth: "Is the whole reason I'm moving back here," Beth finished for her. "It's going to be awesome."

Jean: "So you're for sure doing it?" Jean added the pot to the pot brownies and set the spoon back in motion, floating her cup back to her hands to sip. "I was thinking about it, but now I'm not so sure."

Beth: "I'm for sure doing it," Beth nodded, "Why don't you want to?"

Jean: "Okay, well, I got reminded of the worst parts about being at Xavier's... The school blew up and my cousin died. My boyfriend got eaten by cannibals. Like, a lot. My roommate got eaten by cannibals, too. There were zombies and these silver monster things and giant roaches from hell..."

Beth: "Yeah... all those things sound terrible..." she wrinkled her nose, "But like... what's the point of having these powers if we don't use them? I've worked so hard on control and for what? To sit at home and fix old cars? No way. I'm going to use them to do superhero shit."

Jean: "Yeah," she sighed. "That's what Jame and I talked about. He's not into it, but he thought I could be good at it." Jean floated the spoon from the bowl and gave it a lick. "Like you said, it's not like I'm using them for anything, like, helpful."

Beth: "So do it? You're way better with your powers now. And what if we come across a need for a teke scalpel instead of a sledge hammer? Who can do that better than you? You know I break things."

Jean: "Yeah you do," she laughed. "Also I have the whole... fire thing. Still working on controlling that and if I'm back working with Xavier, maaaaybe he can help me?"

Beth: "I bet he can, he's some kind of super-telepath, right?" She munched another biccie, "Has to know some freaky shit."

Jean: "Yep, that he is. Also my cousin Rachel had the same... firebird... thing. She was the first Phoenix. I kinda inherited the codename."

Beth: "So use it. Come be awesome superhero lady with me. We will rock those uniforms."

Jean: Jean grinned and licked her spoon clean. "Yeaaaaah, Imma have to be able to take that uniform home. For... research purposes." She arched a brow with a nod. “On the effectiveness of it... for stuff.”

Beth: She laughed, "Does that mean you're in?"

Jean: "I... yeah, I think so." Maybe it was the weed talking, or the peer pressure, but she was feeling a little better about it. "Is there a telepath quota? Do we fill it?"

Beth: "If we don't, they have set the bar way too high and we can make them lower it. We have mad skills. And weed."

Jean: "Mad skills and weed." Jean dropped the spoon into the sink and jumped down to pour the batter into the waiting pan. She didn't trust herself to use teke for this part. The weed was kicking in. "You gonna wear a mask?"

Beth: "No fucking way. I want mother to see me kicking ass and be unable to deny it's me... speaking of..." her expression grew devious, "Wanna help me with another surprise for her?"

Jean: "Hmm, well... I guess that is a bonus. My 'rents will probably hate it, too." In fact, she still hadn't told them about Jamie. They'd probably approve of that, though, since Jamie owned a penis. Jean perked up at this mention of surprise. "Yeah?"

Beth: "I'm going to dye my hair purple." She grinned.

Jean: "Purple!" Jean laughed. "Psylocke purple? Rachel used to dye her hair all kinds of funky colors. Mine was black for a while, too."

Beth: "Psylocke purple!" Beth confirmed, "You know it's my favourite colour."

Jean: Jean slid the pan into the oven and turned back around to face her. "I think I'm sticking with my natural red this time." Jean flipped her hair over her shoulder and then tamed the wild waves with her fingers.

Beth: "Absolutely a good move. Why fix what isn't broke?"

Jean: "Exactly. My hair is, like, my thing." She grinned. "I wonder what the uniforms will look like? More black leather?"

Beth: "Probably. Everyone looks good in black."

Jean: "Mmm... true. They were hot, and sometimes kinda just gross hot." Jean cast her mind back to the guys - and some of the girls - in their old uniforms. "Fuck... now I wonder if Jamie still has his old one..." She lost herself for a second there.

Beth: Beth laughed and slid off the counter, "Come on, let's dye my hair before the pot sets in and before your brain turns to horny mush."

Jean: "My brain is like... at least thirty-seven percent horny mush at all times for the last few weeks." Jean nodded at this and set the timer on her phone to check the brownies.

Beth: "Then let's do this thing before it invades more land." Beth headed for the bathroom, "Puuuuuuurpllllllllllle!"
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 10/30 Issue: Psylocke and Phoenix Ride Again

Post by Esynthia »

LOL Horny mush.

This is all I could picture, btw: