11/4 Issue: Rise of the Sith

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

11/4 Issue: Rise of the Sith

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined for right after the press conference.

<Chris> Chris started the guys to work after supplying them all with coffee that Greer generously made for them. "She's a keeper huh?" Chris started mapping out everything and the guys unloaded their trucks and started to get to work. "We were supposed to have another helper but she's probably still asleep."

<Chris> It didn't take them long to get everything mapped out and start digging the foundation. "Man... this is going to be basically a house when we're done huh?" Chris and the foreman laughed a little and kept chatting while the other guys got to work.

<Carol> Carol's lungs burned as she flew at top speed all the way from DC to Boston. She had to loop the neighbourhood a couple of times to slow down enough to land. She dropped down into the yard, running a hand through her hair and going over to Chris, "I'm so sorry! Tony does not understand the concept of morning being before noon."

<Chris> "Only hurts you. No more coffee." Chris teased her. "So blame the prezi boy for no coffee." He gave her a little wave.

<Carol> "Noooo, I need it! You had to have seen it on tv..."

<Chris> "What's this tv you speak of." Chris laughed a little. "Of course there's still plenty of coffee."

<Carol> "I was late because of a press conference. I'm sure it's all over the internet by now. Check it out while I get coffee..." She headed for the kitchen.

<Chris> "Yeah that would take to much effort." Chris laughed. "Bring me some coffee too."

<Carol> "Lazy ass!" She called over her shoulder as she disappeared into the house.

<Chris> "Hey my ass isn't lazy. It takes a lot of work for this ass to look this good." Chris went back to see how things were going.

<Carol> Carol may have drank an entire cup of coffee before she left the kitchen with the two mugs and held Chris' out to him. "You didn't check it out, did you?"

<Chris> "You drank the whole pot didn't you?" He took the mug from her and took a sip.

<Carol> "I thought about it... and then I did it. I put another pot on." She stood beside him and looked at the hole in the ground, "How realistic are we going for this thing?"

<Chris> "I don't think we have the materials to build a moon sized base in my back yard." Chris blew a raspberry at her.

<Carol> She gave him a shove, "You know what I mean. That's a deep foundation hole."

<Chris> "It's gonna be a fort." Chris went over to the table where the plans were laid out to show her. "It's gonna be pretty big."

<Carol> Carol followed him to the table to check out the plans, "I see that... They're gonna destroy this thing." She laughed, "But they're also gonna love it."

<Chris> "That would be the point of all the metal." Chris laughed. "And maybe I wanted to play with a blow torch." One of the workers popped their head up at that.

<Carol> "I have a built-in one of those. Finger-gun is actually a multi-tool," Carol nodded sagely.

<Chris> "That's cheating." Chris shook his head.

<Carol> "Totally isn't. You're just jealous as usual because I'm more awesome than you." She took a sip of her coffee, "So do you want to know why my morning sucked way more than yours?"

<Chris> "My morning hasn't sucked at all." Chris laughed. "Had a good breakfast, coffee, some things that need not be mentioned, and then digging. Not bad at all."

<Carol> "Well my morning consisted of a morning press conference that started several hours late with my ex-girlfriend turning up and no one having told me she was going to be there."

<Chris> "Huh... didn't know Cess was in town. Yeah, surprise ex usually isn't fun." Chris gave her a pat on the shoulder. "And I'm guessing press conference was definitely not fun."

<Carol> "Well... I think the news could have gone down a little better... but Tony wasn't taking questions so at least all the rage was kept to a silent seethe instead of actual yelling..." She gave a shrug, "And I have one volunteer to help me with the BAMF problem so that's more than I had yesterday..."

<Chris> "See this is why I avoid all the political drama. People are assholes." Chris took a sip of his coffee and watched the workers getting the foundation set. "Woo helpers are usually good, when they're on time." He teased her.

<Carol> She gave him another shove, "I kind of had to be there... team lead and everything... At least I didn't have to wear the same uniform, looks uncomfortable."

<Chris> "Just another reason I'm glad I'm self employed." Chris laughed. "My uniform is whatever I want to wear into work that day."

<Carol> "Well so is mine now.... except when we're doing the team thing or I have something official to do. I should probably go shopping for new clothes..."

<Chris> "I'd say you can ask Greer... but you know how she feels about clothes." Chris laughed. "Definitely not a good choice."

<Carol> "I'll go with Jess or maybe Rogue... It'll be fine," she sighed, taking another sip of coffee. "Probably Rogue... Jess'll want me to dress like normal people."

<Chris> "What's wrong with normal people?" He gave a little shrug. "I almost exclusively dress like a normal people. How's Jess doing? Haven't talked to her in a while."

<Carol> "She's not gonna let me wear nerd shirts at work." Carol pointed out, "She's fine. Did you know they have guinea pigs now? She uses them as therapy animals. They're super cute."

<Chris> Chris wrinkled his nose a little. "I'm not big on small mamals. I'd say I wouldn't want to take care of that... but aquariums." Chris laughed.

<Carol> "Oh man, you can't help loving those critters even when they're noisy as fuck and peeing on you."

<Chris> "Yeah nope. You lost me there. Definitely nope." Chris shook his head.

<Carol> "It's the pee, isn't it?" She laughed, "There's way worse things that could happen. At least they don't bite."

<Chris> "I'd rather be bit than peed on. I heal a little nibble isn't going to do much."

<Carol> "And the peeing problem is solved with laundry. It's no big deal."

<Chris> "Fine let me pee on you real quick and see how you like it." Chris blew another raspberry at her. "Nope, I don't want anything that will pee on me."

<Carol> "You have two kids."

<Chris> "They don't pee on me."

<Carol> "Sure they don't now. They grew out of that."

<Chris> "I never got peed on when they were little. I cleaned up messes but never peed on."

<Carol> "Then you got away lucky," Carol nodded, "She peed on me a bunch."

<Chris> "You just have to have skills." Chris drank more of the coffee.

<Carol> "I have super reflexes. I have skills. She stealth pees."

<Chris> "You got the reflexes of a dead cow." He flicked a piece of dirt off the table at her.

<Carol> She dodged the piece of dirt no problem, "Oh yeah?"

<Chris> "Yup. I just have shit aim. Don't ask how often I clean the bathroom." Chris challenged her.

<Carol> "That I can believe. But my dodging skills are legendary." She gave him a shove. "Don't knock my skills!"

<Chris> "Then you should have been able to dodge even stealth peeing."

<Carol> "How can I dodge pee when she's sitting in my lap?"

<Chris> "Gotta have those skills." He stuck his tongue out at her.

<Carol> "You're an idiot." She rolled her eyes, finishing off her coffee.

<Chris> "Yes, but an idiot that's never been peed on." Chris kept an eye on the work while he sipped at his coffee.

<Carol> "I can change that."

<Chris> "I will remove your coffee privileges."

<Carol> "I'll tell Greer you saw a certain someone naked."

<Chris> "I'll deny any and all things you say because that night never happened."

<Carol> "She's gonna know you're lying."

<Chris> "Don't matter I will deny it to my death." Chris stuck his tongue out at her.

<Carol> "Deny it all you want. Doesn't make it unhappen." She booped his nose then turned back to the kitchen for more coffee.

<Chris> "Does too." He threw a piece of dirt at her butt. "Didn't even offer to get me more coffee, so rude."

<Carol> She dodged that piece of dirt too without even looking, "You still have coffee!"

<Chris> "I'm so not making coffee for you tomorrow."

<Carol> "Such a baby!" She disappeared inside for a moment and came back out with the pot.

<Chris> "Whaaaaatever." He sipped at his coffee.

<Carol> Balancing the pot on her palm to keep the contents hot, she headed back over to him, "Here. Coffee."

<Chris> "Oh man, you can be nice huh?" Chris held out his mug. "Thank you."

<Carol> Carol put her mug down on the table so she had a hand free to lift the jug and pour. "May as well do something useful..."

<Chris> "Hey it's not like we can do much till the foundation is set."

<Carol> "Yeah I know... it's nice to just hang out though..." she gave him a small smile, "Like old times..."

<Chris> Chris sighed. "Yeah, I think it's better now than it was back then." He shrugged a little and sighed. "Did too much stupid shit back then."

<Carol> "I guess..." some things were better. Others sucked. "Gonna be even more like old times after today..."

<Chris> "Oh? Re-opening the school?" Chris raised an eyebrow.

<Carol> Carol shook her head, "Noooooo no kids. But the X-Men are officially a thing again and we're using the same building so...."

<Chris> "I don't know if that sounds like a great idea or the worst idea ever." Chris just stared at her not drinking his coffee.

<Carol> "Well, Tony thinks it's the greatest idea ever and there's no changing his mind so better to just agree with him at this point." She topped up her own coffee and picked up the mug, still using one hand to keep the pot at temperature.

<Chris> "See now that's how tyrants are created." Chris laughed a little.

<Carol> "Eh, it's his last grand gesture for mutantkind. Give him his legacy. It's the least we can do."

<Chris> "I mean hey, who knows." Chris shrugged. "Might work out well."

<Carol> "We can only hope." She fished around in her pocket for one of Miriam's drawings, folded neatly. "On the plus side I don't have to do any paperwork."

<Chris> "That's always a plus. Fuck me the amount of paperwork I have to do nowadays. It's worse than grading papers."

<Carol> "I have it in writing from the President so they can't even trick me into it," She waved the folded drawing in front of him, "Jealous?"

<Chris> "Nah, gives me something to do when the kids aren't here."

<Carol> "You're gonna get really behind this week then, huh?"

<Chris> "Nope, all caught up. I actually plan things out now. Greer taught me." He laughed.

<Carol> "She trained you well. She get you a little collar to wear and some treats for when you did it right?"

<Chris> "Hey you're not supposed to go in our room, you're definitely not allowed in that closet." Chris smirked.

<Carol> She laughed, giving him a shove, "Ewwww..."

<Chris> "Hey you brought that on yourself." Chris shoved her back.

<Carol> "Yeah, I know..." She nodded, taking a sip of coffee, "While I'm standing here with the pot, do you think we should offer your crew a refill?"

<Chris> "I'm sure that'd get you on their good side." Chris laughed. "Coffee is the fuel of life."

<Carol> Carol put her cup down and went to offer the still hot coffee to the work crew. The offer was enthusiastically received and now the pot was empty so she could put it down and just keep her own damn coffee warm. "So when can we start helping? Because I have a lot of things I should be doing that aren't standing around... just want to know how much slacking off I'm doing here."

<Chris> "Well looks like the guys are starting to put in the supports so that's probably a good start." He pointed to the guys getting machinery ready to hoist the steel beams.

<Carol> "Did you tell them they don't need machinery to lift things? Because they don't. I'm here." She gave him a grin.

<Chris> "You weren't here when we started." Chris shrugged. "I mean technically I can do. But I didn't feel like letting them beat me up."

<Carol> "Worried you can't piss them off enough to enjoy it?"

<Chris> Chris laughed. "I'd rather not piss off the guys building my kids' playhouse."

<Carol> "Well I'm here now so I can help out... and tomorrow I'll be on time because there's no Starks on my schedule."

<Chris> "Sounds like tomorrow will be a good day for you huh?" Chris looked over the plans. "Well with your help I'm sure we'll have it done in less than a week."

<Carol> "And then we can put a bow on it and show it to the kids... after we play in it a bit."

<Chris> "You're like actually five aren't you?" Chris gave her a playful shove.

<Carol> "Oh come on! Like you don't want to play in there too!"

<Chris> "Maaaaybe, but only to make Bobberz jealous." Chris grinned.

<Carol> She laughed, "Then we will do that. It'll be awesome!"

<Chris> "Lots of pictures to send him and make him have an epic need."

<Carol> "Then it's on! And maybe we'll get to build another Death Star in his yard. I'm totally up for that."

<Chris> "Yeah but he'll have to foot the bill for that one. This project was expensive... Man, being rich should be a super power."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6