11/5 Issue: Sugah High

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

11/5 Issue: Sugah High

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: Daytime of Friday, April 21st, 2023

Carol: Carol sipped her coffee as she studied the mall map and frowned, "If I were a nerd shirt where would I be...?" Not the donut shop but that was also tempting.

Rogue: "Well, really, anywhere these days." She licked her ice cream and scanned the list of stores. "Nerd chic is in. So, could hit th' major department stores. Or Think Geek or Hot Topic." Rogue caught a drip with her tongue as it tried to slide down the cone. "Those two'r on' diff'rent sides o' th' mall f'r whatever reason."

Carol: "Because they would cause a massive implosion that would destroy the planet if they were any closer." She turned to head for the sensible starting place, "To the land of the nerds."

Rogue: "To t' that way!" Rogue grinned and followed Carol, happily absorbed in finishing her ice cream. "So, are y' in dire need o' more nerd shirts? Or just dire want o' 'em?"

Carol: "Can it be both?" She looked over her shoulder at Rogue, "I need a new work wardrobe because I'm not sitting in my uniform all damn day."

Rogue: "Sure it can. Just didn't know if it was." Rogue let her eyes float over the jewelry in a display as they passed a store window. "So... Did Ah tell y' what happened after y'r intervention with Tony? We ain't really had much time t' talk what with his preppin' f'r th' press conference an' then y'r hangin' out in Boston."

Carol: "It's called 'working' but your point about lack of time still stands I guess..." She dodged a small child and their probably sticky hands.

Rogue: "Yeah, but it's in Boston. Not a long flight f'r us, but long 'nough sometimes." Rogue bit into her cone once the ice cream was gone. "He decided t' ask me t' be his girlfriend," she said it casually, but slid her eyes to Carol's face to try and gauge her reaction.

Carol: The top popped off Carol's coffee cup.

Rogue: Rogue smirked and caught the lid before it hit the ground, holding it back out to Carol silently.

Carol: Carol took the lid and put it back on her coffee cup, "... Thanks." She looked up at Rogue, "So... what's happening now? With your job and everything?"

Rogue: "Well, he asked me th' mornin' after th' intervention. Which, he claims you an' Jess suck at, by th' way. So, it was goin' peachy 'til th' press conference..." Rogue took another bite of her cone and suddenly lost her appetite, tossing it in the next bin on the way by. "His PR team said Ah ain't allowed t' do both. Made us both mad, but what c'n ya do. Frees me up f'r aunt duties, Ah guess. Heather Cameron's his new bodyguard."

Carol: "For the record; he sucks at being interventioned. And we told him you couldn't do both... you had to know that too..." Heather was an excellent choice for a replacement though.

Rogue: "Ah did know. Which is why Ah wanted t' just leave things alone. But then when y' were in mah head an' that conversation with Shaw ran through mah brain... Ugh." Rogue stopped in front of the store. "Tony's told Shaw t' keep his opinions t' himself from now on 'cause o' how much trouble it caused."

Carol: "Well good luck with that..." She rolled her eyes, "And I'm sorry you have all my crazy rolling around in there... But at least its not your own crazy. I have to put up with it 24/7."

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Ain't like Ah'm not used t' y'r crazy, gal. It's always been a nice complement t' mine." She shrugged one shoulder, "An' b'sides, nobody's topped Essex yet. Not even space bugs."

Carol: "Don't..." She winced, shaking off the involuntary shudder. "So not ready to deal with that yet..."

Rogue: Rogue walked in and went straight to the wall o' shirts. "Ah know. But when y' are..." She trailed off, knowing Carol would catch her meaning. "What brand o' nerd are y' after t'day? Movies, games, TV, internet?"

Carol: "Movies!" She found the Star Wars. Happy place! "I'm talking to someone... I'm good... we agreed to put a pin in if for now..."

Rogue: "Yeah? A therapist someone? Someone who was there during all th' stuff so knows what y're talkin' 'bout? Or," she grinned, "someone?"

Carol: "Not a therapist. Never a therapist. You know my crazy there is a whole other issue." She took down a couple shirts to look at, "Just a friend. And he's all married and whatever before you start making weird faces at me."

Rogue: "Okaaayyy... Buuut... He doesn't know what Ah know, so if y' need t' talk t' someone else who knows what Ah know..." She picked up a toddler sized trekkie shirt. "Then Ah'm a pretty good person t' talk to, too."

Carol: "He knows enough... and you know too much. I'm not ready to go into all that yet... and when I am it's gonna have to be little by little... so it's better if he learns it when I'm ready to share..." Oooh Chewbacca! Sold!

Rogue: "Ah've never been one t' force people t' talk t' me 'bout what's in mah head o' theirs. 'Specially not 'fore they're ready." Rogue picked up some headphones that were Leia buns and smirked. "How's Astrid?"

Carol: "She's great," Carol smiled, shifting to take her phone out of her pocket and show Rogue pictures of her and Thomas in their new Death Star. "She now has the best fort ever."

Rogue: "Oh. Mah. Gosh." Rogue took the phone and zoomed in on various parts of the fort. "That's amazin'! When do we get t' play in it?" She laughed and passed the phone back. "Will we fit? We hafta fit. It's big enough f'r us, right?"

Carol: "Yes..." she scrolled a couple of pictures for the proof. "May have played in there already..."

Rogue: "Ha! That's awesome! So when c'n Bobby an' Ah come play? 'Cause we totally gotta have a lightsaber war."

Carol: "No good asking me. Greer is the gatekeeper on that house. You gotta ask her." Maybe she should get some spares in case there was a nerd shirt casualty because X-Men were good at attracting trouble. "Don't make me ask. She hates me."

Rogue: "Ah won't make y' ask," she laughed and shook her head. "But maybe she'd hate y' less if y' drank less..."

Carol: Carol rolled her eyes, "Don't start... I don't need this from you..."

Rogue: "Ah ain't startin'. Ah'm statin' th' obvious. What y' already know but refuse t' admit." She smirked and moved over to look at the long sleeve shirts for herself. "So, Ah'm not really a nerd, but could Ah pull it off anyway? Pretendin', Ah mean."

Carol: "You have enough of my brain and Bobby's brain in there you're totally a nerd. You just wanna be one of the cool kids so bad you won't admit it. Just give it up. Nerds are cool now."

Rogue: "But Ah'm like... Second-hand nerd." She winced and held up a Uhura uniform top to her, then turned to show Carol, "See? Weird."

Carol: "Because all the cool nerds wear the science blue!" She offered her one in exchange, "You don't like the nerdy stuff for yourself? What's wrong with you?"

Rogue: Rogue took the swap and held it up, looking down at herself with a frown. "It just feels weird. Maybe Ah'm in th' wrong genre of nerd? Ah'm not a sciencey person. Ah'm a kick ass, take no prisoner, person. Is there a nerd genre f'r that?"

Carol: "Yes... but for you that is too much skin."

Rogue: "Dang it. So now what?"

Carol: "Now we pay for nerd shirts and find somewhere to consume way too much sugar." Three of each shirt seemed like a good number.

Rogue: "Cookie cake?" Rogue grinned and grabbed a 'Han Shot First' shirt for Bobby on the way to the cashier. "Oooh, or candy store so we c'n pump mah babies up with sugah 'fore tossin' 'em in th' tub just in time f'r Bobby t' come home?"

Carol: ".... You are evil. I like it." She laughed, "Bobby might kill you though."

Rogue: "Ah'd stay an' help put 'em t' sleep. Tony's still tryin' t' figure out how t' capture one o' th' bamfs, so he's a bit preoccupied at th' moment, anyway. Buut, Bobby does know that his best friend is a sith at heart, so that just comes with th' territory."

Carol: "Oh... so we shouldn't kill them all? Because there's not many left now... got some help...."

Rogue: "Nah, leave one 'r two f'r him or else he'll be grumpy. An' Ah ain't able t' be 'round him twenty-four seven t' slap th' grumpy away since Ah got fired. Heather'll learn, but she ain't quite there yet."

Carol: "Well the portal is getting fixed so... in theory he can catch one on their home world..."

Rogue: "Please don't tell him that. Ah'd hafta go with him an' Ah really don't wanna go t' a world that smells like chicken farts."

Carol: Carol shrugged, "Send Heather. He's her problem now," she grinned, "She can have fun getting the smell out of her hair and feathers."

Rogue: "Okay, then how 'bout this: Ah don't wanna sleep in th' same bed with mah boyfriend while he smells that way. An' Ah don't wanna worry 'bout him not bein' able t' get it outta his skin. Man's got Italian pores. Absorb everythin'."

Carol: She wrinkled her nose, "Ew. But we're not keeping one. If he doesn't figure it out before we find the last one it's his problem... and by extension, yours."

Rogue: Rogue paid for the shirts and the headphones and wrinkled her nose at Carol, "Y're just mean."

Carol: "You don't have to live with them!" Carol pointed out. "They're not staying in the building any longer than necessary. They're driving me crazy. And I want to actually finish the renovations before people move in..."

Rogue: "Speakin' o' people... Remember that one kid in th' audience Ah asked y' 'bout? Th' guy takin' pictures o' Jean?"

Carol: "Jamie?" She glanced at Rogue as she stuffed her card back in her purse so she didn't kill it. "What about him?" She picked up her bag and headed for the exit.

Rogue: "He just looked ...familiar, is all. But Ah cain't place where'r why. His name's Jamie?" She frowned and shook her head, "Ah don't know any Jamies. Weird."

Carol: "He was a student at the school for a while so maybe you saw him around sometime?" Carol shrugged a shoulder, "I'm very good with names and faces because it stopped me getting in trouble in the academy. It's a learned skill and it serves me well. You should try it."

Rogue: "No. No, Ah never saw 'im at th' school." Rogue shook her head again and started towards the candy store. "Maybe Bobby'll know. Anyway. What kinda candy y' want?"

Carol: "I don't know... I was kind of thinking donuts earlier... I must have got the smell of them in my nose somewhere..."

Rogue: "Oooh, fried sugah. Even better." She hooked her arm through Carol's and headed towards the food court.

Carol: "I'm kind of looking forward to next week... No more BAMFs, renovations getting finished... people moving in so I won't have to be there on my own and I can move out of the Shaws' house..."

Rogue: "Well, since Ah'm in town more helpin' Bobby with th' kids, we c'n pop over an' help paint 'r somethin'. Might be fun t' leave their daddy a message somewhere he'll find later."

Carol: "I'm sure I can find something safe for them to help out with," she smiled, "We'll make it fun."

Rogue: "Thanks, gal. They'll love gettin' t' run around an' be big helpers. Ripley's already got her powers, though, so we gotta keep an' eye on that one."

Carol: "Maybe we can trick some more people into helping..."

Rogue: "Ah bet we c'n talk Chris int' it. Maybe Jean. Ah'm sure Cess'd help, but Ah won't ask if y' don't wanna deal with that. Ah'd offer up Bobby, but that boy has got t' get some rest 'fore his eyes sink any further int' his skull."

Carol: "Beth's already helping with the BAMFs and she doesn't mind getting her hands dirty so I'm sure she'd help too... maybe we can call it a team building exercise..." She chewed her lip, wondering if she was ready to be in the same room as Cess yet, "I don't know if it'll be easier or harder with the buffer of other people if I have to be in the same place as Cess... I wish someone would have told me."

Rogue: "Ah'm sorry, sugah... Ah thought y' knew or Ah woulda said somethin'." Rogue wrinkled her nose, "But, Ah found th' donuts, so will y' f'rgive me?"

Carol: "Maybe if you pay..." She sighed, "I just haven't spoken to her since we... you know... it's all kinds of awkward... and I have no idea if she's feeling as awkward as me and is just better at hiding it or if she's totally over everything..."

Rogue: "Y' could always, oh, Ah dunno... Talk t' her?" Rogue smirked and walked up to the counter, slapping down her credit card for a funnel cake and whatever Carol wanted. "Ah know talkin' ain't y'r fav'rite, but Ah gotta say, it really does help."

Carol: "Yeah but then I have to be alone with her and not say something stupid. I don't think you really understand how hard that is..."

Rogue: "Y' think Cess ain't said her own fair share o' stupid things?" Rogue laughed, "Gal, have Ah got a million stories from b'fore you showed back up in mah life. It's part o' figurin' shit out." She plucked some of the cake off and popped it in her mouth as she scouted for a table. "Ah could talk t' her, Ah guess, like y' talked t' Tony? But Ah'm sure she'd rather talk t' you."

Carol: "No, you don't need to talk to her because you have a fresh heap of me in your brain..." She shook her head, taking her own donut and new coffee to follow Rogue. "There's a lot going on right now... and everyone wants me to handle all of my crazy all at once. Not sure all the people involved really know what they're asking... but you do."

Rogue: "Yup, Ah do." She found a table with a bench seat and scooted in to get comfy. "Ah also have mah own brain outside o' y'rs in mah head, so Ah c'n look fr'm an outside perspective, but also inside perspective... If that makes sense? Nobody's wantin' y' t' be fixed all at once, gal. It all takes time. They know that. Just pick one thing t' work on f'r now an' put some effort int' it."

Carol: "I think, for right now... I need to focus on getting this superhero thing off the ground... Then I can work on my own stuff."

Rogue: "Then that works. Don't let th' rest drown y' while y' do this, though." She smiled, "Ah'll be y'r life preserver t' keep y' floatin'."

Carol: "I can do this... it's easier to ignore my stuff when I have other stuff to focus on. Plus if we get bad guys to punch that'll really help."

Rogue: "Only bad guys y're gonna get right now are tiny blue fart demons." Rogue grinned and popped a bit of the funnel cake in her mouth. "An' mah boyfriend if y' don't save him one."

Carol: "I'm not saving one. One can do a lot of damage. If he's not done in time he's not getting one." She picked up her donut and took a bite, "He should invent faster."

Rogue: "You wanna tell him that? 'Cause Ah sure don't," she laughed. "Ah'll make sure t' tell him they're almost all gone, though."

Carol: "You know I'll tell him that. I have that filter problem."

Rogue: "At least y' know it's a problem," she teased and flicked some powdered sugar at Carol. "That's th' first step."

Carol: She deflected the powdered sugar attack out of reflex, "It's only a problem if people are brave enough to yell at you for it..."

Rogue: "Well now Ah don't think Tony'd yell at y'. But he could do worse'n that. Don't ask me what, but he could."

Carol: "I've survived way worse than anything he could come up with."

Rogue: "He might force y' t' be his secretary. Piles o' paperwork. WIth deadlines."

Carol: "Too late I already have a piece of paper he signed saying I never have to see another piece of paperwork."

Rogue: "With th' job y' have now. Ah wouldn't count on it carryin' over when he leaves office."

Carol: "When he leaves office, he's no longer the boss of me. Anyway, I'm not worried. I can totally wait him out on the moon."

Rogue: Rogue barked a laugh at that, "He'd just figure out a way t' chase y' down 'cause it would be a problem f'r him t' solve."

Carol: "Is it bad that I want to do that now just to see what happens?" She wrinkled her nose, "It's bad, isn't it?"

Rogue: "If it's bad, then Ah'm right there with ya. Ah was just thinkin' th' same thing."

Carol: She laughed, "You have me in your brain. I'm a terrible influence."

Rogue: "Ah think Ah'd wonder it without th' help y' so lovin'ly provide."

Carol: "We should stop talking about this before it becomes a plot."

Rogue: "We should just fly t' DC right now an' ask 'im." She looked up at the giant clock hanging over the center of the food court. "...Or not. Ah gotta get th' kids soon. Dang it."

Carol: "We can do it next week when I don't have any more BAMFs to deal with and he needs a new project. It'll be a great distraction from his disappointment."

Rogue: "Sounds like a date t' me. He won't think so, but that don't matter much right now. He got me fired, he c'n handle some weird dates f'r a bit."

Carol: "You both got you fired." Carol pointed out, picking up her coffee and sitting back in her seat. "Don't put it all on him."

Rogue: "He's th' one who insisted on tellin' th' PR people." Rogue sighed and pushed her paper plate away from her. "Ah miss mah job. So sue me."

Carol: "Like they weren't going to notice. You live in a fantasy land."

Rogue: "We kept things quiet! It wasn't like we stuck our tongues down each others throats all th' time or even in public."

Carol: "Right because he totally wasn't trying to kiss you on the Shaws' doorstep or anything."

Rogue: "He was teasin'! ...Ah think. An' no one was 'round 'cept you, so it wouldn'ta mattered anyhow."

Carol: "There are people on the street, in buildings, all over. With smartphones. Anything could happen. And that was before he even decided he wanted you to be his girlfriend."

Rogue: "He flirts with ev'rybody, though. Ah ain't any diff'rent t' onlookers than a gal who walks past him on th' street."

Carol: "But you should be. That's the point."

Rogue: "...Why?"

Carol: "Because it's unprofessional to act the same? You're not the same. Well... now you are."

Rogue: "No, now Ah'm vastly diff'rent than just a random gal on th' street."

Carol: "But you're not staff." She pointed at Rogue with the remains of her donut before stuffing it in her mouth.

Rogue: "...Ah never was staff. Not in th' sense o' ev'rybody else. Ah was freelance. An' anyway, that's not what Ah meant. Now Ah'm his girlfriend."

Carol: "I know that," she rolled her eyes, "And on paper you were staff. Freelance or not. I know you don't get it... but there's a line...."

Rogue: "Ah ain't subjected t' th' UCMJ, Carol. Ah make mah own rules. Always have. You of all people should know that."

Carol: Carol sighed and took a drink from her coffee cup, "It doesn't matter now. Now you guys have Heather. How's she doing?"

Rogue: "Fine. Ah threw some random things at her a couple times. Once while divebombin' Tony. Just t' test her abilities. Ah felt bad 'bout doin' that t' him, but it worked out okay."

Carol: "You know they've been tested like crazy by SHIELD, right?" She blinked at Rogue, "Was she okay with you doing that?"

Rogue: "Y' think Ah trust SHIELD? Really? They let me escape with a psycho in mah head." She shrugged, "She seemed t' take it in stride."

Carol: "They're not the same organisation as they were..." But at least Heather was okay with it. She should call her.

Rogue: The same shoulder shrugged again. "Ah guess. Still don't trust 'em. Trust specific people involved, like you an' Bobby, f'r example. But th' organization as a whole ain't earned mah trust an' may not ever."

Carol: "Well I'm not going to try and make you change your mind... but Fury's a good guy. Little anger management problem but he's okay."

Rogue: "Never met 'im. Just know 'im through y'r memories an' Bobby's." Rogue looked up at the clock again. "Ah got time t' hit one more store if y' want 'fore Ah gotta pick up th' kids."

Carol: "I think our next stop was the candy store, right?" She finished off her coffee and pushed her seat out. "So let's go get some sugar to feed some kids up."

Rogue: Rogue gave Carol an evil grin, "Ain't no sugah high like th' kind Ah c'n give."

Carol: Her nose wrinkle was epic, "Ewwwwww..."

Rogue: "........EW! That ain't what Ah meant!" She hit Carol on the arm with her shopping bag. "Get y'r mind outta th' gutter!"

Carol: "I can't help it! You said it!" She smacked back with her own shopping bag. She really needed to get laid. Clearly.

Rogue: "Ah meant by buyin' th' kids half a candy store! Gross!" She hit Carol again. "What would Bobby say?"

Carol: "Pretty sure he'd laugh his ass off..."

Rogue: "Yeah, after he got grossed out at what y' were insinuatin'."

Carol: "Hey, it came out of your mouth. You should be careful what you say around me."

Rogue: "Ah should just be careful 'round you in general," she laughed. "Don't feel like gettin' another pema-Carol in mah head."

Carol: "But I'm great company! You love me." She pitched her coffee cup into the trash, "Although I would like to keep all my memories... well, most of them."

Rogue: "That was a fluke an' won't happen again. ....Ah think." Rogue hip bumped Carol, "Instead o' me knockin' y' inta a coma, how 'bout we have a nice sugah coma?"

Carol: "Sugar coma sounds way more awesome than regular coma. Definitely tastes better," she nodded to herself.

Rogue: Well that brought all kinds of questions to Rogue's mind about her powers, but didn't have time for them all. "Way more awesome. F'r all involved. Except Bobby."

Carol: "If I wasn't getting candy out of this deal, I might feel sorry for him..."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 11/5 Issue: Sugah High

Post by Slarti »

"I will have you know I smell fantastic, at all times."
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict