11/15 Issue: Expectations

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

11/15 Issue: Expectations

Post by Svartfreja »

Timeline for Thurs April 20th.

David: The long, endless nights at Stark Industries were starting to blur together and get to David as he sat in a swivel chair in the CEO's office, spinning lazily and tossing M&Ms into the air, catching them in his mouth. He'd long since lost track of how many of these shifts he'd pulled. And he definitely blamed Bobby for this new obsession with candy.

David: He glanced over at the redhead who looked about ready to pull her hair out as she poured over accounts. He saw Howard in her, working until all hours of the night and smiled. She'd replaced the scotch with coffee years ago, but it was a fond memory. "You can go home you know. That will be there in the morning." A glance at the clock made him wince slightly. It was morning.

Hope: Hope glanced up, blinking a little. Right. David was there. What time was it? She glanced at the clock and winced. "I'm the worst wife ever aren't I?"

David: He shrugged a little, tossing an M&M at her face. "Just put on something he'll like before you go into the bedroom."

Hope: She wrinkled her nose at him. "Can you not talk about that? It's creepy."

David: "Try being the one hearing it."

Hope: That made her grin, then sigh, sinking back in her chair. "Alright. I'll finish this report, then we can go."

David: "Sounds good." He spun in the chair some more, trying to catch the flying candy as he moved.

Viper: Stark Industries was somewhere she hadn't been in a long time. Hydra used to send her after tech there but lately she'd been ignoring jobs from them in favour of her own projects. Tonight, however, one of her own projects had delivered her to complex and she worked on the security to find the location she needed to teleport into.

Viper: After a little bit of dodging the attempts to keep her out by the AI, she had the information she needed and reprogrammed her teleporter with the relevant coordinates. Once she was ready, she activated the device and teleported right into Hope's office. "Have you people never heard of sleep?"

David: The M&M landed at the back of his throat, causing him to choke as he got to his feet, reflexively reaching for his weapon.

Hope: "If he breaks, will you buy me a new one?" Hope asked Viper, barely glancing up as she tried to finish her work, smirking a bit at David's coughing.

Viper: "David is one of a kind," Viper informed her, also smirking at the results of her surprise entrance. "Would you like some help?"

David: David shot the two of them a glare as he put his weapon away and took Hope's coffee for a drink, making a face when it was cold. "Don't you knock?"

Hope: "And deprive us of quality entertainment? Hi Viper. Want some coffee? Non... cold... hot coffee?"

Viper: "Coffee would be very welcome," Viper replied, raising an eyebrow at David's question. "If I knocked at the door do you suppose they would have let me in?"

David: He had no answer for that, sitting back in his chair and relaxing a little. "Definitely not. Something about criminal mastermind or something."

Hope: "That's not very nice. Clearly she's a genius, not a mastermind." Hope moved to the coffee pot, pouring Viper a fresh cup of hot coffee.

David: David sighed. Women. He couldn't win.

Viper: "He knows I'm a genius. It just hurts him to admit it." Viper shrugged off her coat and went to join David in his chair. "How else could I bypass Stark and Shaw security on a regular basis?"

David: He smirked a little despite himself. "I'm sure at this point Shaw security just lets you in."

Viper: "I think it amuses Sebastian to continue to try to keep me out of his surveillance system." She got comfortable in David's lap and leaned back against him.

David: David wrapped his arms around her waist, relaxing. "He likes games."

Hope: Hope brought the cup of coffee over, offering it to Viper. "We should have been home hours ago, to be fair. I didn't notice the time."

Viper: Viper took the coffee with a small smile, "Perhaps you should consider setting alarms to remind you to eat and sleep. It works for Brooklyn."

Hope: "Probably should." She winced a little, moving to lean back against her desk. Poor Obi.

David: Leaning in a little, he whispered to Viper, "Tea is better."

Viper: She laughed softly, "Tea is lovely but it doesn't help you to focus quite as well as coffee." She lifted the cup to take a sip from it, cradling it between her hands.

Hope: Hope smiled at them a little, then moved on back to finish her work. What weirdos.

David: He grinned at Viper. "Maybe."

Viper: She turned her head and pressed a kiss to David's cheek. "I'm surprised you haven't yet asked me why I'm here."

David: He shrugged a little. "You mean there's a reason other than my dashing good looks?"

Viper: "Unfortunately, yes." She took another sip of coffee, "You're not going to like it."

David: David stiffened, his tone shifting to more businesslike. "What's going on?" His grip on her tightened a little.

Viper: "I'm putting a plan into motion... I may not be in the country for some time...." or ever again if it went to shit.

Hope: Now she had Hope's attention too. She glanced up again.

David: "What are you doing?"

Viper: "I'm going to finish what I started and cut off the rest of the Hydra's heads."

David: He exchanged a look with Hope, then looked back at her. "What's your plan?"

Viper: "I'm starting with The Hive." And, if she survived, then she'd do another one.

David: "And just what are you going to do?" His mind was already scrambling for how to help her.

Viper: "I'm going to electrocute the parasites and kill the host. Then I'm going to set fire to the remains." And everything else in range because she intended to make sure not one of the disgusting things survived. "I already have the plans of its facility and I know how I'm going to get in."

David: David didn't even have to look up to catch the keys tossed at him. "Let's see if there's something in R&D that you can use to help."

Viper: Viper raised an eyebrow, looking between them both. "Are you sure you want to get involved? If they retaliate..."

Hope: Hope couldn't stop herself from laughing. "Who doesn't try to kill us? If we have to distance ourselves, the missing items were stolen. Officially nothing down there exists anyway and isn't labeled. It's also almost guaranteed to explode so there's that. But if you can take it and use it, do it."

David: David looked between them. "I can't be killed. So just tell me what to do."

Viper: Viper gave Hope probably the first genuine smile she'd ever given her, "Thank you... of course, I'll make sure to fix them so they don't explode before I use them." She shifted to get off of David's lap.

Hope: Hope smiled back at her. "You're doing the world a service if you succeed. Obi will know because I can't keep things from him, but we'll make sure nobody else knows. And you definitely have our support."

David: "The responsible side of me should probably try to talk you out of this," David admitted. "But A. it won't work and B...." he trailed off, looking at Hope. How much pain had they caused him in his life? He stood up with Viper, keeping a hand on her. Not again.

Viper: "I would like to keep what I am doing to as few people as possible. Jessica suspects but she doesn't know my full plan... I would rather not involve anyone else. If Hydra retaliates, it's better they have only me to target."

David: He nodded. "Those two have a stupid mental link."

Hope: "Only stupid because you're jealous. We can make fun of you and you can't hear."

David: He kind of pouted at that. That was too true. He turned his attention back to Viper. "They aren't going to touch you, though."

Viper: "We'll see..." she set her coffee cup down and picked up her coat to follow David to the R&D treasure trove.

David: David walked quietly, deep in thought while Hope stayed behind to finish her work. "You can't do this alone..."

Viper: "You know why I can't involve anyone else..." she reached to take his hand, keeping her face hidden from the security cameras. "It's too dangerous for anyone with something to lose. I have nothing. Hydra made sure of that. Now I will use it against them."

David: He let her take his hand, then stopped in his tracks, staring her down. "Nothing?"

Viper: "David, if they thought for a moment you meant anything to me they would have removed you long ago... or me because it would probably be less complicated."

David: He grinned a little. "They try from time to time." But she had a point. Those kids and the Shaws were collateral damage in a war if he got involved. They wouldn't bother trying to kill him. He was pretty sure there wasn't a way. They'd go for a squishier target... Like the kid. If anything happened to that kid, Hope would find the way to murder him. "Then I'll help from the shadows."

Viper: She lifted a hand to his cheek, "You know if I had the choice I would rather have you with me... but you are needed here."

David: He nodded, leaning in to kiss her forehead. "I'll keep her safe for you," he told her softly, knowing she'd know he meant Jess.

Viper: "Perhaps when this is over we can find a way to work together again. This is the only way I could ever leave..."

David: "You always have a place where I am. Can get you a position doing whatever you want really." He smiled softly, then pulled her gently toward the R&D floor. "I should have taken you with me from the start."

Viper: "We have had this conversation many times... I wasn't ready then and neither was SHIELD."

David: "Still should have," he muttered, using Hope's key to let them in.

Viper: "So they could have locked me up and thrown away the key once they realised what I was?" She shook her head, "Hydra was able to give me the space I needed to grow. SHIELD would not have done that."

David: "Probably right. I can help you now, though. Not directly, maybe. But I can help, you know. I have connections." David smiled at her.

Viper: "This is more than enough help," she gestured to the room in front of them.

David: David nodded and sighed a little, gesturing a bit for her to go on. "You heard the redhead... help yourself."

Viper: This must be what a kid in a candy store felt like. She didn't know where to start... so she went to the biggest shiniest thing in there first.

David: David just watched her with a goofy grin on his face.

Viper: There were so many weird things! And also useful things... or things that would be useful if they could get over their habit of blowing up or randomly catching on fire. She could help them with that. Maybe if she lived she could return them to Stark in a box with a bow and a note telling him he was welcome.

David: "Hopefully something here can help you." David was too scared to touch anything. He wouldn't die... but it might be unpleasant if it electrocuted him.

Viper: "If they don't blow up, I'm sure there are a great many useful things... Although the odd surprise explosion might also be useful..." She made mental notes of a few things as she passed by.

David: He watched her. Studying her. "If you get in trouble.... I want you to call. No excuses about keeping me out."

Viper: "David... if I get in trouble in this I don't think I'll be able to call anybody..." she paused to look at him, "If this fails... they will kill me."

David: "Then find a way to get a panic button or something. Don't go into this with zero ways to call for help." He stared at her, "We're beyond those days."

Viper: "There won't be time to call for help!" she pointed out, "If The Hive survives my attempt on its life then my life will be over. He will kill me or, worse, turn me into one of his mind slaves."

David: "Then I'm coming with you."

Viper: "David, we just talked about this...."

David: "I just got you back," he blurted out.

Viper: She sighed and moved back over to him, sliding her arms around his waist, "If I succeed in this, we will have all the time in the world together... You need to stay here and keep your promise to Howard..."

David: He squeezed her, resting his head against hers. "Then you have to promise to be cautious. Because I won't be there to protect you."

Viper: "Of course I will... I'm not ready to die yet." She returned the squeeze, "I want to be free of Hydra. This is the only way I can be. If I did it any other way, they would come after me..."

David: "I know. Just hate that I can't be there." He sighed. "But I guess, someone has to keep your people safe too."

Viper: "I would trust no one else to do that for me," she lifted her head to press a kiss to his cheek, "And knowing you are here and safe... that will help me to focus."

David: He leaned down to kiss her. "Ok then."

Viper: She smiled, taking his hand, "Now... help me narrow down my list or I will take them all home with me and I'm sure I don't need them all..." she pulled him toward the half finished inventions.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 11/15 Issue: Expectations

Post by Esynthia »

Rogue is going to let Tony know just what she thinks about Viper using Stark Tech :P