11/15 Issue: Shields, Sex, and Therapy

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

11/15 Issue: Shields, Sex, and Therapy

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: Day after Issue-Bad Trip, Saturday, April 22nd, 2023

Chris: Chris was driving the newer corvette today. If one of his cars was going to get scratched it wasn't going to be a classic. It took him a few passes to find a place to park but he managed to get one close by. He got out and locked the car before heading to Monet's front door. His knuckles rapped on the door a few times, giving him a little glow, to let her know he was there.

Monet: Monet set the wine bottle down after pouring her glass and looked up as her ears picked up the knocks. She reached out with her psychic tendrils to find out who was there. Bonjour, Christopher. Un moment, s’il vous plaît. She swirled her glass and took a sip, testing to make sure the wine had had long enough to breathe. Perfection. As always. She floated down the stairs and opened the front door. "Well, well, well. The prodigal fighter returns."

Chris: "You know me. I just can't stay away from a beautiful woman." Chris gave her a smile, even though he was extremely nervous about her catching glimpses like Jean had.

Monet: Monet stepped back and opened the door for him to enter. "Bienvenue." She slowly sipped her wine as her eyes drifted over his frame, not bothering to hide her enjoyment of his physique. "Non, it would appear not. Would you like some wine? Or some scotch? I have both."

Chris: Chris gave her a smirk at the ogling and followed her into the house. "Scotch would be appreciated." He looked around at the extravagant house. "Only the best huh Monet?"

Monet: "Would you expect anything different?" She shut the door and floated back up the stairs to the main living areas, heading for the bar cart, fixing his drink for him. "To what do I owe this visit? If it were simply for sex, I would assume you would have come by long ago. So what is it you need from me? Or is it my connections that you need?"

Chris: "Not with how impeccable your tastes are." Chris followed her up the stairs, staring at her ass just a little. "No I didn't come for sex." He laughed a little. "I have a reputation don't I? No, I came by for a little help." Chris let out a little sigh. "Am I allowed to get a little drunk before I ask it?"

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow and passed him the tumbler, "You need to be a 'little' drunk to ask for a 'little' help? Darling, if you need to be tipsy to ask for help, then it's not something little, is it?" She licked her lips and tilted her head ever so slightly. "I wouldn't be offended if you wanted sex, you know."

Chris: Chris sighed and took the tumbler. "Had a run in with a nice telepath gal that was a student of mine. She caught site of some surface memories that I'd rather no one see. So I need some help with my shields." He ran a hand through his hair.

Monet: "I would say so. You're very nearly hemorrhaging, mon cher." She moved over to sit on the sofa, curling her legs under her as she watched him. "Why did you not just ask her to help you if you are that worried about it?"

Chris: "I don't just trust anyone in my head Monet. And I didn't want her to see more than she already did." He sipped at the scotch, the sip ended up being a full gulp. "You're someone I trust Monet."

Monet: Both of Monet's eyebrows went up at that and she gave him a smirk. "That is not a phrase I hear every day. Would you mind repeating it once more for posterity sake?"

Chris: Chris laughed a little. "Do you want me to wait for you to get your phone out so you can record it?" Chris gave her a little pose.

Monet: "Non. I have an eidetic memory. I just want to hear it once more."

Chris: "I trust you Monet." He gave her a smile. "Mind if I get a little more?"

Monet: "Merci. That's music to my ears." Monet gestured at the cart, "Help yourself." She watched him with a calculating eye. "Who was this student and how did she react to the wonderful visions I'm seeing?"

Chris: "Not too sure..." Chris felt the life start to drain out of him. "I pussed out and booked it." He went over and poured himself another drink. "Her name was Jean I think, if I remember right."

Monet: "Jean Grey, I would assume, then. Cousin to the traitorous Rachel. Oui, I had her in my psychic defense class. She was quite talented and would have likely been able to help you." Monet took another sip of her wine and set the glass down on the side table. "Cher, there is only so much that shielding can do for you. You need to confront the problems in your mind, not shut them away."

Chris: "I don't want anyone else to have to see that..." Chris ran a hand through his hair again. "No one should have to see that." He let out a long sigh. "I thought all of that was behind me," he lied.

Monet: Monet chuckled and shook her head. "Do not lie to me. Ever. It does no one any good."

Chris: "Dumb attempt huh?" Chris sat down next to her, his hands shaking a little. "Sorry Monet... I just don't want to think about it anymore. But it won't go away. How do I confront something like that?"

Monet: Monet shifted to take the glass from him, set it on the coffee table, then turned back to take his hands, her own holding his steady. She gave him a very direct stare, "It goes away by confronting it. Nothing else will work. Shields will always only be temporary."

Chris: "Shields keep others from having to witness it. I've got more blood on my hands than any sane man should have." Chris frowned and looked away from her stare. "I killed kids Monet... innocent kids."

Monet: "Non. Shields keep you from thinking about it. If you confront it, you won't need to shield. Not from others or from yourself." She turned and picked her wine back up. "Oui, you did. But it is not as if you have made it a habit, nor was it anything you would have chosen to do yourself."

Chris: He knew she was right. Confronting the hallucinations and the memories was the problem. "I just don't know how I can face all that. Throw a truck at me and I'll take it head on, this stuff...." He let the sentence hang.

Monet: "This is the equivalent to a mental truck. Face it or get crushed." She shrugged one shoulder elegantly and just watched him.

Chris: "Why do you always gotta be right." He leaned back on the sofa and looked up at the ceiling. "Am I really bleeding thoughts that hard? She said the same thing to me, that I was hemorrhaging."

Monet: "I assume you're not actually asking that and that it's a rhetorical question. Because if it's not, I may have to throw you out the window until you realize the answer is because I am me." Monet arched an eyebrow at him. "Oui, you are hemorrhaging. Even with my own shields up, it's incredibly intense. I assume the shields are crumbling because you do not know how to keep them in place and their maker died."

Chris: "Yes, it was rhetorical. But if you want to throw me out of a window, you know I like a little pain." He gave her a little smirk. "Probably... Rachel taught me how to do it my first year at school, so it's been a while. Should have asked you instead."

Monet: "You couldn't have known she would be crushed in the fall of the original school." She waved off the thought with a gesture of her hand. "As I said, shields will not hold this. You must confront it. I do not like to repeat myself, Christopher."

Chris: "Yeah, I know. I meant when I first learned not now. No easy way out this time." He gave her a smile. "Guess it's a good thing I like it rough."

Monet: Monet smirked at him, "Mais oui. This will be emotionally and mentally rough. Which can present physical problems as well. Your favorite."

Chris: "You always know how to encourage me huh?" He returned her smirk. "Speaking of that, you'll never guess who I ran into."

Monet: "I'm sure I can, but I will let you tell me anyway since you seem to want to tell me."

Chris: "The guy I had to fight at that fight club." Chris reached down and grabbed his drink to take a sip.

Monet: "You fought many 'guys' during the fight club, Christopher."

Chris: "The guy who could make copies of himself. Ran into him at the grocery store. Freaked him out pretty hard at first."

Monet: "Oh, yes. James Madrox. He was a student at Xavier's a few years after the fight club as well. Did you not know that?"

Chris: "Nope, I was a terrible student. I can't believe they hired me on to be a teacher. Like seriously, for a period of time one of my powers could have been getting stoned."

Monet: "I am fairly certain that would be the same for roughly two-thirds of the entire student body at any given time." She finished off her wine and set the glass aside. "Are you going to go to a psychiatrist?"

Chris: "Yes, I know better than to piss you off Monet." He gave her a smile.

Monet: Monet smirked, "Bien. I knew our time together was helpful for you." She ran her fingers over his shoulder, "And you will do this soon, oui?"

Chris: "I'm sure Greer appreciates the work you put into me." He gave her a smile. "As soon as I find one that can handle hallucinations of homicide."

Monet: "I did not do it for her. I did it for me. But, oui, I'm sure she does." Her fingers trailed down his arm and she followed them with her eyes. "As much as I am loathe to say this; perhaps you should inquire if SHIELD has anyone they use for that sort of thing."

Chris: Chris knew he wouldn't hear the end of this from Carol. "I can probably ask Carol for some suggestions." He sighed.

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow again, "She has enough problems and refuses to see anyone herself. But if you think she knows someone, then by all means."

Chris: "Yeah, that's why I sighed. I've been trying to get her to see someone. I'm sure she's going to enjoy me asking her."

Monet: "Indeed." Monet stood and picked up her empty glass, heading for the abandoned bottle in the kitchen. "What would you have done if I wasn't home, cher?"

Chris: "Called you?" Chris shrugged and got up to follow her. "Or gone to that fire club you're in charge of?"

Monet: She poured a fresh glass and lifted up to sit on the edge of the large island. "Hellfire Club. That I reign over."

Chris: "Reign over?" Chris gave her a slightly puzzled look.

Monet: "I am the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club. I am not some sort of manager. I am the queen there."

Chris: "I meant no disrespect Monet. I apologize. I've only ever heard little things about it. Never any real details."

Monet: "Sebastian Shaw was my Black King until we staged a coup and installed him as the Lord Imperial." She waved her hand again, "It is of no importance to anyone who is not a member. It can be quite complicated if you're not involved."

Chris: Chris laughed a little. "Well that's probably why I don't know about it. I'm sure Sebastian doesn't want me to be apart of it. He is not exactly a fan of me."

Monet: "That's alright, I'm not a fan of his wife. He may be above all, but I do have quite a bit of pull. If you want to test the waters, so to speak, all you have to do is let me know."

Chris: "Depends on if you think it would be a place I would fit into. I wouldn't want you to go to the trouble and me be the square peg in the round hole."

Monet: "It's not any trouble to tell him you're coming for a trial night. It depends entirely on you. Talk to Greer, see what the two of you would like to do, and let me know. It is that simple."

Chris: "I can do that." Chris moved over to lean against the island next to her.

Monet: Monet reached up to run her hand through his hair. "Bien. Now you have two options. Leave to find a psychiatrist or take me to bed."

Chris: Chris moved in front of her. "That isn't a hard decision Monet." He ran his hands up her legs slowly.

Monet: "Well, of course not. You do not want to deal with what's happening in your head so you're open to distractions."

Chris: Chris laughed a little. "Well I was thinking more along the lines of an extremely attractive woman just told me to take her to bed and there isn't much in this world that would stop me from doing that." He leaned in to give her a kiss.