11/15 Issue: Quality Time

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/15 Issue: Quality Time

Post by Slarti »

Timelined for Thursday, April 20 after Expectations.

Shinobi: As much as Obi was a part of the digital age, he really preferred preferred using physical law books. Made it seem more real. Seated on the floor in their study with the windows open to let in the warming spring air, Obi was on the hunt for a particular statute.

Hope: Hope had no idea what time it was when the car finally pulled up in front of their building, but she knew it was far too late for there to be any lights on in the penthouse apartment she and Obi lived in... but there were lights still on. Guilt flooded her as she made her way up to that room, saying goodnight to David on the way.

Shinobi: Obi heard the security system beep and felt the nudge in the telepathic link that let him know Hope was back. He checked the time, checked it again, blinked, but didn't put the book aside.

Hope: She followed the light to the study, leaning against the door frame to stare at Obi deep in his book, a soft smile spreading across her face. She moved to the floor beside him, sitting down and resting her head on his shoulder. Some of the guilt fading into a feeling of contentment.

Shinobi: "Hey, Ariel." Obi tipped his head down to look over the rim of his reading glasses at his wife and gave her a smirk. "Lose track of time again?"

Hope: "Yes," she sighed, nuzzling his shoulder. "Until David pointed it out. I'm sorry. I meant to be home hours ago."

Shinobi: "It's okay. I have to have this brief done by tomorrow anyway, so I was gonna be working late." He took off his glasses and set them on the book, placing it on the chair beside them to turn toward Hope and wrap his arms around her. "Hey."

Hope: Hope smiled and got more comfortable in his arms, kissing him softly, fingers on his cheek "Hi there."

Shinobi: "So, did you do anything exciting at the office?" He gave her a smile and nuzzled her as he spoke, one hand going to her long red hair.

Hope: "Funny you should ask...." She leaned back enough to really see his face. "Viper showed up."

Shinobi: Obi blinked. "Really? What for?"

Hope: "She.... is doing something dumb and dangerous that we can't tell the others about. Mostly for our own safety."

Shinobi: "Okay, and that's different from her usual how?" He smirked, running his hand through his hair. "She caused a stir a couple of weeks ago at mom and dad's house with some of your old school friends."

Hope: Hope ginned at him. "Hate I missed that. But um. She's going after the Hive. Alone." She sighed, resting against him. "So naturally, David and I are doing what we can to help without helping."

Shinobi: "Oh yeah?" Obi settled her on his chest and kissed the top of her head, chuckling into her hair. "Just can't stay away from terrorists, can you?"

Hope: Laughing, Hope closed her eyes, happy and content. "She saved us. And Jess trusts her. If she's taking out bad guys, who am I to stop her? Sent her down to R&D for some Christmas shopping. Best I can do to help her." She lazily traced shapes with her finger on his arm.

Shinobi: "I know, I know," he laughed. Obi slid both of them to the wall to place his back against it. "Santa licensed by Stark Industries."

Hope: She laughed some more, looking up at him. "I kind of wish I could do more to help her. Taking out the Hive.... That's a lot of good for the world. But she doesn't want it to blow back on us."

Shinobi: "She's right, since it could blow back on your dad, too."

Hope: Hope nodded. "I know. I didn't fight her. But I am sorry I couldn't do more." She kissed the tip of his nose. "How was your day?"

Shinobi: "You're looking at it." He tilted his head and gave her a lingering kiss.

Hope: Returning his kiss, Hope pulled him a bit closer to her, getting lost there for a moment. "Should I be letting you finish your work? Making coffee?"

Shinobi: He grinned against her lips. "I can afford to take a break."

Hope: "Perfect." She matched his grin before kissing him more deeply.

Shinobi: When they broke apart, he rested his forehead against hers, eyes still closed. We should do this more often.

Hope: A soft smile on her face, she nodded ever so slightly. Yes.

Shinobi: Obi brushed his nose against hers and projected a few ideas of what they could do with their alone time right now.

Hope: That earned him a smirk and a deep kiss. Yes, yes Hope indeed was on board for those ideas. She definitely would come home sooner next time.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 11/15 Issue: Quality Time

Post by Esynthia »

Shinobi: "She's right, since it could blow back on your dad, too."
Good way to get Rogue to kill someone? Kill her boyfriend. It worked in the past. Guess who Rogue would go after this time? :P