11/23 Issue: Choking Hazard

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

11/23 Issue: Choking Hazard

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: Tuesday April 25th, 2023

Tony: God, he loved watching his people scurry. "That's right, daddy's home!" Tony had his best grin on and raised both hands as he entered the lobby of Stark Industries. "I'll expect my slippers later, but for now the enthusiastic welcome will do."

Rogue: Rogue glanced over her shoulder as Heather stayed behind at the door. Part of her didn't blame her for not wanting to witness some of Tony's shenanigans, but Rogue thought they were as equally adorable as much as annoying. She grinned at him from behind, enjoying the fact that his raised arms lifted his jacket so she could get a view of the rear goods.

Hope: Jarvis alerted Hope immediately of Tony's arrival, to which she glanced at her screen and rolled her eyes at him. Did he always have to be a ham? She pushed the button to alert the front desk. "Send him up, please..." preferably before he disrupted more of *her* building. It was kind of fun to watch the staff jump to do just that. Who, besides her and the Shaws, weren't in awe of him?

Tony: Tony almost remembered the names of a few of the staffers who greeted him, and absolutely did remember the name of the hot blonde who told him his daughter was waiting for him upstairs. He favored her with a personal thank you, but stepped back to allow Rogue to catch up before she got the wrong idea. This relationship thing was tricky.

Rogue: Rogue smirked at him and stepped up beside him, giving the girl a grin, thanking her as well. Since she was wearing her bracelet, she slipped her bare hand into his and raised up on tiptoe to give him a kiss on the cheek. She could help him navigate the tricky parts.

Hope: Hope finished signing off on a file and sent it with an assistant before sitting back in her chair, ignoring David in the corner with his M&Ms again. When had he started eating candy?

Tony: Cheek? Hardly. Tony turned his grin to Rogue and spun to face her, sweeping her up in his arms and dipping her for a kiss.

Rogue: Rogue made a shocked noise, but would never turn down this kind of show of affection from Tony. Especially in front of other women. This was not his normal way to flirt and that proved to them that he was now off limits for anything more than casual flirtation. She tangled her fingers in his hair and kissed back happily until he set her back up right. "Ah'll never get tired o' you surprisin' me like that."

Tony: "It's a good thing I like to be surprising then." He grinned, tapped her nose, and turned to lead her to the elevator.

Hope: Hope glanced at the cameras to see them moving toward the elevator, their proximity to each other not registering as odd. Though wasn't his security detail blonde because he liked blondes? Who could keep up? He changed those and women like most people changed socks.

Rogue: The finger wasn't cold, but Rogue wrinkled her nose on instinct from the many years of Bobby doing that to her with a frosted finger. "Never stop, sugah. Ah love it. Though, Ah ain't gonna lie, Ah also love th' disappointed looks on th' other gal's faces."

Tony: "It's fun, isn't it?" He wrinkled up his own nose in response and got onto the private elevator to Hope's floor.

Hope: A fresh pot of coffee was going to be needed, that was for sure. Hope got up and moved to the machine, preparing it for fresh pot. Did she know he was coming in today? She couldn't remember. The days jumbled together more and more with this job.

Rogue: Rogue grinned when he mimicked her nose wrinkle and pulled him to lean against the elevator wall with her when the doors closed. "There's other fun things Ah c'n think of that don't involve people starin', though." She turned to lean on her shoulder and made a show of undressing him in her mind.

Hope: Fresh coffee acquired, Hope took a long sip as she sat back in her chair, glancing down at her agenda. She had to get home on time tonight. She had dinner plans. Nooo working late tonight.

Tony: No mutant powers were needed to see what was on Rogue's mind. Tony blew her a kiss and peeled open his suit jacket seductively, a playful look in his eye.

Rogue: She leered at him and chewed on her lower lip, watching the show for a moment before stepping in to him. Rogue ran her hands down his shirt front, enjoying the feel of him beneath the button down. "Why, Mr. President, Ah do b'lieve y' need t' be careful 'bout who y' tease 'round here."

Tony: Tony grinned and leaned back against the elevator wall to give her hands room to roam. "Who said anything about teasing?"

Tony: The elevator dinged and Tony pouted.

Rogue: Rogue's pout matched his own, but she stole a kiss anyway, sucking on his lower lip before pulling away. "Showtime, Tony." She grinned and fixed his jacket for him, pulling him by the lapels for another quick kiss.

Hope: Hope glanced up as her alert went off letting her know they had arrived on their floor. Showtime. She took a long sip of coffee. Why had she given up scotch again?

Tony: "Showtime never ends." He grinned and offered her his arm, clearing his throat to sweep into his daughter's space.

Rogue: "Well, Ah do hope y' drop some of th' facade when we're alone," she admitted as she took his arm. Rogue brought her free hand up to make sure her hair wasn't too mussed from the dipkiss earlier and stepped out with him.

Tony: He shot her a quick glance from the corner of his eye. "I think you know I do."

Hope: Hope smiled just a little at them, setting her mug of coffee down on her desk. "Why hello." She eased back in her chair, taking them in as they approached.

Rogue: She couldn't help the broad grin and slight blush at his response, "Good." Oh, here we go. Did she know already? Jess knew, so maybe Hope knew.

Tony: Tony strolled up to Hope's desk. "Why, hello to you, too." It was always hard to know what was going on in his daughter's devious little mind, but she had that look he didn't like. "Why so formal? We're all friends here. Even family. Some of us, that is..."

Hope: "I see that," she smirked a little. "Coffee? David might have some M&Ms he might share..... or not," she laughed at little at his look over the notion that he'd share. Bobby really was rubbing off on him.

Rogue: "Hey, sugah." She gave a small wave to David as well, trying to ignore what Hope had said, not sure if it was meant as a dig or not. Rogue glanced up at Tony for any hints then back to Hope. "Coffee's great. Thanks."

Tony: Tony set his hand over Rogue's on his arm and gave it a squeeze, looking around the room at the same time. "Sum," he nodded at David. "Male Elsa's day off?"

David: David caught the M&M in his mouth, then nodded. "Yes... Mr. President."

Hope: Hope scrunched her nose up at his formality, moving to get Rogue her coffee. Why were men all weird?

Tony: "Or, what is the the kids do these days? Smash the names together? Melsa. There we go. That's his new name." He kept Hope in his line of sight too. A quiet Hope was a dangerous Hope.

Rogue: Rogue wrinkled her nose, "No, darlin'. It's f'r couples. Like, us? Rogue an' Tony? Rony." She couldn't wait to tell Bobby his 'new name' though.

David: David choked on that M&M, coughing and covering it up as well he could with a glance at them.... then to the redhead. Did that mean....

Hope: Hope was just about to spit out a smart comment when Rogue's words fully hit. Rony? The coffee mug slipped from her hands in the confusion, landing with a thud on the carpet. Rony?

Tony: "Ah, right-" Tony shot Rogue an alarmed look and patted her hand again before he went to Hope, sidestepping the mug and floor full of coffee. "Hey, David, call housekeeping." He leaned into Hope's line of sight. "Doing okay there? Smelling burnt toast or... anything?"

Rogue: Rogue grimaced. So she didn't know. He wasn't looking at her, but Rogue shot a glare to the back of his head. He could have warned her not to stick her foot in her mouth. Damn.

Hope: Barely aware that David left to get housekeeping, Hope blinked a few time. "But... she's not blonde." she blurted out.

Tony: Tony looked from Hope, to Rogue, then back to Hope. "Um... no?"

Rogue: Her frown changed from one of concern to one of confusion and she held up a lock of her hair to look at. "Never have been? Brunette... White stripe... Kinda mah signature."

Hope: Hope tried to shake herself out of it a bit, dropping some napkins on the floor to soak up some of the coffee. "So is that why you're here? To tell me you're sleeping with my former teacher?" What was with these old men and sleeping with people she knew? Didn't they know other people? Ones she didn't know?

Tony: "Well I did say I was dating someone and you'd be surprised," he said, putting emphasis on the distinction. Tony prodded the mess with the toe of his designer shoe. "I was just... nonspecific about the surprise." He grinned and spread his hands. "Surprise!"

Hope: "Suuurrrrrrpriiiiiise...." Hope mimicked him a little. "Understatement I guess. Well. Um. Congratulations?"

Rogue: Rogue really appreciated Tony's emphasis on the fact that they were dating, not just sleeping together. Anymore. "Ah was his bodyguard a lot longer'n Ah was y'r teacher, Hope," she piped in for clarity's sake.

Hope: That just made her wrinkle her nose. Ew. Imagine sleeping with your bodyguard. "I guess that's true."

Tony: "Anyway! Now we're all reacquainted. Thank you." He opened his arms and cocked his head at Hope. "Hug?"

Hope: Hope made a face at him, but gave him an awkward hug.

Rogue: Rogue grinned at Tony hugging Hope even if Hope wasn't that into it. She was proud of the influence she'd had on Tony, even if he was super awkward with it sometimes.

Tony: Tony let go and backed up a step just in case Hope got vindictive. "So, how is my baby? And by baby, I mean Stark Industries, not you." He smirked and quirked a brow at her.

Hope: "Profits are up and increasing in communications and medical but, the board wants to open back up in weapons. I keep fighting them on it." She moved back to her seat, running her fingers through her red hair a bit.

Rogue: Rogue tried to lift into the air and frowned when she remembered she was wearing her bracelet. She walked over to the window to look at the skyline of the city. Stark Tech weapons was a scary thing to think about with all the new technology available.

Tony: "Good... keep it up," he nodded, parking himself on the corner of her desk. "That's the last thing we need right now. Once I'm out of office... we'll see."

Hope: Hope nodded. "That's why I'm here so much. Trying to keep one step ahead in our other fields so the stock stays high and they can't force it. It's working. But every month or so some fucker wants to try me again." She followed Rogue's glance out the window, absently wondering if she could get away with a mild shock to the guy's butt in his chair at the next meeting.

Tony: "Give 'em hell." He grinned. "Who is it? Maybe we can... wire the door to his office?"

Hope: She grinned at him, taking a sip of her coffee. "Simmons."

Tony: "Simmons." Tony nodded, his grin sliding into deviousness. "I'm sure we can do something to discourage his interest in playing with the big guns."

Rogue: Rogue glanced over her shoulder and caught Tony's evil grin and smirked. Plotty Tony was always fun. "Just don't cause too much of a ruckus 'fore y' leave office or it'll be an even bigger scandal'n makin' y'r bodyguard ya girlfriend."

Hope: "Well he'd have to prove we did it for starters." Hope smirked. "I don't plan on giving him evidence."

Tony: "You're dealing with professionals of the highest caliber here, Rogue." He looked over at her, expression softening slightly.

Rogue: Her eyes lit up when he looked at her like that. "Oh, Ah know that all too well, sugah. Hard t' get outta th' bodyguard mentality, Ah guess... Keepin' y' from doin' silly things."

Hope: Hope wrinkled her nose at that notion. "I thought you'd have learned from Bobby and David by now.... you can't."

Tony: Tony gestured toward his daughter. "See, exactly."

Rogue: Rogue smirked at Hope then looked at Tony. She didn't want to say out loud what she was thinking because she'd already made Hope freak out once. "Ah've done it b'fore."

Hope: One glance between them was more than enough. Hope didn't need to read minds to know what was happening. Ew. She wrinkled her nose, looking for David to save her. Where was he?! She was stuck with her dad and his girlfriend and she was making that face. Time to abort. "Why don't we head down to R&D and see if we can come up with something?"

Tony: "You certainly have," he said to Rogue, a smirk playing around the corners of his mouth.

Tony: Hope grabbed his attention back and he hopped up from the desk, excited at the prospect of a new project. "Absolutely! How do you think he'd feel about a fart demon?"