11/26 Issue: Morning Flailatio

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/26 Issue: Morning Flailatio

Post by Slarti »

Timelined directly after Fic – Family Matters.

((Uncut Version))

Jean: Jean wasn't often speechless, but her mom had managed it. How the fuck had they gone from the one extreme of her mother questioning who the hell Jamie even was to asking when he was gonna knock her up! Holy fucking shit! "What the fuck, mom!?"

Elaine: "Language, Jean." There was a thoughtful pause. "Well, Sarah doesn't seem to be in any rush to give us grandchildren and we're not getting any younger."

Jean: "Mom!" Jean found herself pinching the bridge of her nose. Oh. My. God.

Jamie: Jamie hugged Jean close, breathing deeply so he could fill his nostrils with her hair's scent. She always smelled so good. His face twitched and he felt the urge to pinch the bridge of his nose. That was his frustration face. Why did he want to make his frustration face? Jean's hair. Mmm. Jean. He pulled her closer and she squished and he flailed a bit until his eyes blinked open. Pillows squish. Jean doesn't squish. That's good then.

Jamie: His eyes shut again and he felt the heavy blanket of sleep looming like a blanket fairy was holding it over him. Yes, blanket fairy. That's nice. Jamie smacked his lips sleepily and rolled over, snuggling down under the covers as he drifted off again. Aww, Jean was pregnant! Baby Jeannie!

Elaine: "Don't mom me. If you're planning to settle down with your young man you need to discuss these things."

Jean: "Yeah, well, we haven't. Not yet... beyond, like, prevention." Jean remembered his relief when she told him she was on the pill. He'd brought her a morning after pill, for fuck's sake.

Jamie: Jamie picked up the baby and rocked it in large swinging motions, laughing when it started squealing. His mom was there! Mom! He tossed the baby into the air and she caught it. But now it was Jean? And she was frowning about being held like a baby by his mom. He frowned too and grumbled in his sleep, rolling over again to hug her pillow.

Jean: "Can we not talk about this right now," she said, feeling surprising tears gathering in her eyes.

Jamie: Suddenly Jamie was the one being rocked by his mom and he stared up at her with big eyes that slowly blinked themselves closed. No, don't go to sleep yet. Stay awake. Look at mom! Where's dad? Not here. But mom!

Jamie: Jamie sniffed and his eyes shot open as he choked. He flailed and pushed the pillow away so he could breathe. Weird dream. He'd had weirder, but still. He pushed to one elbow and looked around for Jean. It was still early. Ish. Jamie looked behind him at his pillow and frowned in thought. More sleep? Jean? More sleep... Jean... more sleep with Jean! Jeaaaaanniiiieeee.....

Elaine: "Fine, fine. I'm just pointing out that if you're going to play house, you need to consider these things."

Jean: "We're not playing house." Jean frowned, then looked up and toward the stairs as she felt Jamie wake. "I have to go. I'll... talk to you later, okay?" I'm upstairs on the phone. Mom. Be right back.

Jamie: Ohhh. That explained his mom showing up in his dreams. He nodded and flopped back down, burrowing under the blanket. Hai, Mom!

Jean: That made Jean giggle to herself. "Jamie says hello, by the way. He just woke up, so... later."

Elaine: "Very well." She sighed. "You may tell him we're looking forward to meeting him. Your sister will be quite disappointed to lose the bet that he was never real." Another thoughtful silence. "Although..."

Jean: "Oh my God! I can't fucking believe you right now!" Half of her wanted to march downstairs and shove the phone into his hands to prove his existence, but most of her said fuck you. "Bye, mom."

Jean: Without another word, she ended the call and turned off the phone, sliding down from the old dresser and giving her babies a pet.

Jamie: He thought really hard about his super frowny face, hoping she could see it in her head. Why so srs?

Jean: Jean could absolutely see it and it made her grin. My mom's being a beotch. Sorta. Might just be my sister. Haven't decided. After kissing the Figaros on their fluffy heads, she floated down the stairs and stopped beside the bed. "Hey."

Jamie: Jamie fidgeted enough to push the pillow off of his head to peek out at her with a grin. "Hey yourself. Get back in here, Sneaky McSneakerson." He picked up a corner of the blanket to allow her entry.

Jean: She made a show of peeling off his shirt and slid back into the bed. Fuuuuck, he was warm, and Jean pressed herself against him.

Jamie: Oooh naked Jean. His grin grew and he pulled her close, glad she didn't squish quite like the pillow did. "What'd your mom want? Is everything okay? Do we need to check her into an asylum for thinking I'm an actor?"

Jean: "They might think you're an actor and a figment of my imagination now," she sighed, sliding her arms around him and tangling their legs.

Jamie: "Oh really now?" He smirked and kissed her hard, pressing their bodies together from shoulder to hip. Jamie broke the kiss to raise an eyebrow at her, "I'm a hell of an awesome figment."

Jean: "My imagination makes the best hallucinations apparently." She tipped her chin up to brush their noses together and wriggled against him. "I guess my sister had a bet. Which, bitch. Mom might have been joking. Hard to tell right now and I was too annoyed to figure it out."

Jamie: "A bet that I was fake? That's not very nice of her. Was there not a whole sisterly bonding type thing that happened with ice cream and sappy movies when we broke up?" He frowned, even though he enjoyed her wriggle and wriggled back himself. "That makes me a sad panda."

Jean: "She was busy planning her wedding when I turned back up, so no. Probably thought I made you up for sympathy and didn't want me stealing attention from her big day." Jean's nose wrinkled.

Jamie: "Well now I'm just an extra sad panda." He wriggled again with a grin. "Did you tell your mom about the ring? Speaking of weddings. That totally aren't happening any time soon because we're not engaged at all."

Jean: Jean giggled, unable to mope with naked Jamie wriggling and grinning at her. "I didn't, no, but I told her we were committed." She freed a hand to run her fingers through his hair, which was even worse than normal from sleep.

Jamie: Jamie winced at a tug. It hurt so gooood. "And what'd she say about that? 'Committed? To an actor? I should get you committed, Jean!'" He affected his best old woman voice even though he knew her mom wasn't as old as the old lady who lived in the shoe.

Jean: She wrinkled her nose and smoothed out the tangle, enjoying playing with his hair. It gave her a calming focus. "I tried to convince her the actor thing was just from pictures she saw." His creaky falsetto made her laugh, brushing her fingers over his cheek. "No, she was... okay with that?"

Jamie: "Great! So then she was okay knowing we're currently living in sin, too, right?" He waggled his eyebrows at her then kissed her again.

Jean: "Oh please, I've been living in sin since puberty," she said, rolling her eyes. With a smirk, she returned the kiss, stroking her thumb over his cheekbone. "Not that it's a thing, since I'm not religious, but you know what I mean."

Jamie: "Speak for yourself! Just because I don't go to church doesn't mean I don't, y' know, pray and stuff. Sometimes. When I think about it." He made a face at himself. "My mom would give me the sternest look if she knew about my failure to remember."

Jean: Jean pulled back and studied his face, fingers still tracing his brow and smoothing out the frown lines that formed. "Does it bother you then? That we're... like this?"

Jamie: "Ha, no," he grinned and kissed her a third time. "Nah, I'm good. I'm so good." For emphasis, he buried his face in her neck, playfully gumming at her pulse point. Complete with goofy sound effects.

Jean: "You definitely are," she giggled, wrapping her leg around him as his scruffy chin prickled her skin. "Good," she managed. "I suppose then, we don't have to get married."

Jamie: "Gah!" Jamie pulled back to look at her, face twisted in a horrified and shocked expression. "Do, um, do you not want to? Like... Ever? Because, um, I do want to." This was a new piece of information and processing it might take time. Not that he was going to tell her that because the last time that happened they had their epic misunderstanding. At that thought, his arms around her tightened a bit. Stay. Not another four years without her. Staaay.

Jean: His panic made her flail and she just blinked at him blankly for a moment. Whoa there was a lot going on in his head. Also, he was squishing her. Dammit, Jean. Don't spook the Jamie! "No! Nononono, that's not-" Jean took a deep breath and cupped his cheek with her hand. "I want to marry you." She smiled a little. "Sorry, my mom just rattled me."

Jamie: Jamie let out a slow breath as he released his bit by bit. "Oh good. That's good." He cleared his throat and wiggled his nose a bit as he tried to shift his thoughts away from the bad things. "So... Does your mom not like me, then?" What else could have her rattled enough to say she didn't want to marry him? Bad thoughts! Stop! Right, okay.

Jean: "My mom doesn't know you. Remember, she thinks you're an actor, or a figment of my imagination?" Jean smirked. "I'm hoping she was just messing with me on that one, but I wouldn't put it past Sarah." She sighed and stroked his cheek again, leaning in for a kiss since she could feel he was still freaking out a little. "I'm not going anywhere," she said against his lips.

Jamie: "Good," he murmured and kissed her again, taking a deep breath to take in the smell of her. "Okay, so why did she rattle you?" Jamie pulled back enough to give her a worried frown, one eye narrowing suspiciously. "You do know that I'm real, right?"

Jean: Jean snaked her other hand between them and gave him a squeeze. "You feel really real to me." She grinned at his expression.

Jamie: Jamie made an unintelligible noise and cleared his throat again. Focus. Don't want to. But must! "Jeaaaaan..."

Jean: "Jaaaaaamie..." She watched through half closed lids as he tried to think, making her voice go breathy.

Jamie: His hips bucked toward her involuntarily and he frowned, trying to get them to listen to his brain. Trying to make his brain listen to himself. "If you really," he swallowed hard and wriggled into her, "don't want to tell me... Why..." Dammit Jamie. FOCUS. "Why bring it up?"

Jean: Jean sighed and removed her hand, sliding it over his hip. She gave him another lingering kiss. "Sorry. It's not that I don't want to tell you..." She just wasn't sure how he'd react. "She was teasing me, I think."

Jamie: Aww and now he was bereft of her attentions. Damned logic brain. Shut off already! "Well, in that case, you shouldn't be rattled." Problem solved! Jamie nipped at her bottom lip and pulled her hips toward his.

Jean: It'd be so easy to just let it go there. Ugh. She gave him another kiss and moved her head back just enough to see him, although she was more than good with running her foot up his leg and hooking her heel over the back of his thigh. "She was teasing me about giving her grandkids."

Jamie: Jamie choked and looked at her with huge eyes. "You're not pregnant, are you?!" His mind started racing about what they would need to do next. Propose first. Start fixing up a nursery. Get married. Pick names. GAH.

Jean: Right, that was about what she'd expected. "I'm not pregnant. On the pill, remember?" She studied his face. He didn't feel exactly upset at the idea. Jean slid her fingers through his hair again and took a breath. "Do you want kids, someday?"

Jamie: His heart was not going to survive another heart attack. He just knew it. Jamie took a breath and forced himself to focus on her words. Pill. Not pregnant. Thank God. Jamie said a small mental prayer for the first time in forever and gave her a shaky grin. "Someday. You could've led with the not pregnant part, though... Because today is not someday. Just in case you didn't know that already."

Jean: "I did lead with the not-pregnant part, you just hopped right onto that conclusion." Jean poked out the tip of her tongue at him.

Jamie: "Did not!" Did she? He chomped the air in front of her tongue while he went through their conversation in his head. She didn't! "You just started in with the battering ram of 'mom wants grandkids' so I thought that was you telling me something."

Jean: "Battering ram?" Now she was giggling. "Really? No, that was actually what she said to me. I was telling you something - I was telling you what she said."

Jamie: "Yeaaahhh, but I thought you were using it to tell me that you were pregnant." He frowned at her giggling at him.

Jean: Jean poked the corner of his mouth to push the frown upward. "I'm not laughing at you." Much.

Jamie: Jamie used his face muscles to try and push against her finger and make his frown deeper. "Lies."

Jean: That made her giggle even more. "That makes you look like Grumpy Cat." Jean gave up her tactic and kissed him instead.

Jamie: Nice distraction technique. It was his favorite to use on her, too. He kissed her back for a minute then pulled back to give her a questioning look. "Why did your mom asking you that rattle you? Do you not want kids?"

Jean: "That's not it." Jean sighed and thought about how to answer this, her eyes unfocused on the wall behind his head. She went back to playing with his hair. "I do, with you," she said, deciding her feelings were sorted enough to meet his eyes and lead with the point this time.

Jean: "Before I met you? Fuck that. I never wanted them. I was a terrible kid and add the mutant thing? Nu. But then, with you? I thought, maybe, someday..." She smiled at him and stifled a sniffle.

Jean: "After our, um, misunderstanding, there was no fucking way. But now? We can have that life I gave up on. It's been... a lot." Dammit, her eyes were stinging. Stoppit! "Sometimes maybe I am a little afraid I'll wake up and none of this is real."

Jamie: Jamie watched her face and stayed quiet while she got all of that out, then he smiled softly and reached up to swipe a tear that was about to drip over the bridge of her nose. He shifted to lie on his back and pulled her to his chest. He closed his eyes and focused on his breathing so that his heart would beat steadily under her ear.

Jamie: After a few beats went by, he lifted his head and kissed her through her hair, then laid back down and stared at the ceiling. "Jeannie, if this is a dream then I better not ever wake up." Jamie smiled to himself, thinking about the dream he actually had woken up from. "But I know that it's not. My dreams tend to jump from one thing to another like a movie time skip."

Jamie: Then he thought about the kid part and his smile widened a bit. "I've always wanted a family with you," he said softly. "I want to have kids with you and watch them grow up as we grow old. I want to make my parents proud because I loved someone so much that we had to have a whole family to contain it. I love you that much."

Jean: She smiled when he wiped away her tear and settled herself on his chest. His heart was pounding and she closed her eyes to feel him gathering his thoughts. Her dreams had sometimes played cruel tricks, especially with their link buried in her mind. She'd been so tempted sometimes to make contact. Of course now she knew she should have given in to that temptation. Sigh.

Jean: Jean pushed herself up to see his face as those tears welled up again. "I want that, too," she whispered, tracing her fingertips over his smile. "I hope - do you think your parents would have approved of me?"

Jamie: Jamie kissed lightly at her fingers when they passed the center of his lips. He reached up to brush the backs of his knuckles over her cheek, then tangled his fingers in her hair to bring her down to meet him for a lingering kiss. When they broke apart he smiled at her again, letting his eyes drift over her features while he thought about how much he loved every single one, but her eyes were his favorite.

Jamie: "Jeannie," he said, fighting his own tears now at the thought of his parents, "They would have loved you. My parents were always happy with my achievements and were excited for the next one whenever we were done celebrating the one that had just happened. The one they were waiting for when the tornado hit was prom. It was a couple of years away, but they were always planning for my next great moment."

Jamie: "I know that, even though they didn't talk about it much because they wanted me to enjoy being a kid, they couldn't wait for me to meet my person. They loved each other so much and they wanted me to have that, too. And, with you, I do."

Jamie: Jamie grinned at her, "You're a feisty ball of fire sometimes, no pun intended, and that would have kept them on their toes in the best of ways. You're a kind and caring person when people deserve it, you're tough love when they need it, and you're strong enough to stand up for what you believe in, no matter who you have to stand against for it. They would have loved you," he repeated softly.

Jean: Jean had seen pictures of his parents at the farm, but she had found herself wishing she'd been able to meet them. She knew she deserved some parental scorn for her past antics, but she hoped Jamie was right overall.

Jean: "You definitely are my person," she sniffled, then giggled. "And you totally intended that pun." Jean was still stroking his hair, watching his expressions. "I love you. You say you were an awkward jackass back in the day, but you were just excited and I was impatient. You were adorable then, and you still are."

Jean: "No matter what shit life has thrown at you, you've survived." She gave silent thanks for that. "You've gotten stronger, and snarkier, but underneath it all you're still the sweet, smart, funny guy I fell in love with. You're a good man, Jamie, with a good heart, and my parents are idiots if they don't love you."

Jamie: "I meaaan, I didn't not intend it," he gave her a goofy grin. "I'm still excited about things, Jeannie. I just... Hide it better? I hope?"

Jamie: Jamie tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear and his face softened. "My dad taught me how to roll with the punches for the most part. I mean, the man abandoned his job as a nuclear scientist two weeks after I was born to move us to Kansas and learn how to be a farmer."

Jamie: "All because they didn't want me around the radiation anymore. Mutants weren't super well known then, so they assumed my powers were because I had been harmed in the womb. If he can do that, I can do anything." Jamie shook his head with a chuckle at the memory of his dad telling him that story at least five times a year.

Jamie: He lifted up to give her a gentle kiss. "I would love it if your parents loved me, but I don't need them to. I just need you to. That's all that matters to me."

Jean: "Sometimes," she giggled, giving him a quick kiss for that grin. "I'm always going to love you, so that's easy." Jean leaned her cheek into his palm. "And now you're prepared if my mom brings up grandkids."

Jean: "My parents are humanities professors, so the powers were, like, some post-modern societal adaptation following centuries of stagnated biological evolution. Also my dad said it was the Grey family curse. We're witches, you know!" Jean wrinkled her nose at him.

Jamie: "Oooh, so can you, like, do sexy spells and stuff?" He leaned up to kiss the wrinkles on the bridge of her nose. Then he thought about what she said at first. "Wait. Waitwaitwait. Are your parents coming?!" The building wasn't ready for babies, but it really wasn't ready for a 'meet the parents' situation.

Jean: "I think my sexy spells work pretty well on you." The kiss she angled for was interrupted. Dammit. "Nooo. They said they could come to Boston after the end of the semester, or that we can go visit them any time." Jean tipped her head sideways and wriggled to straddle him, crossing her arms over his chest and parking her chin atop them. "I've seen where you grew up. Maybe it's time you see where I'm from?"

Jamie: "Haaa... I didn't have anybody to introduce you to... This seems like a trap. And I know better than to walk into a trap. If your parents trap me in this trap, I'll be stuck. Maybe I should send a dupe into the trap. That's what I do every other time when there's a trap." He wiggled his hips under her for emphasis every time he said the word 'trap.'

Jean: Jean fixed all that wriggling with a roll of her own hips. She smirked, then put on a pout. "But I'm not in love with a dupe. I'm not not-engaged to a dupe. I'm definitely not marrying a dupe."

Jamie: Jamie groaned but tried to stay on track. She had just insulted him after all! Kind of... In a weird way... "What's wrong with my dupes? They're me! I'm them!"

Jean: "They're part of you, but they're not you. You're you." Jean made herself more comfortable, her hips inching back juuuust so as she slid her hands up his chest to cup his face.

Jamie: Jamie made the same unintelligible noise he made earlier and his hands automatically went to her hips. "And you're you. And we're us. But they're still me."

Jean: "Soooo, you'd be fine with one of them just... having his way with me?" She moved her hips again and leaned down, brushing their chests together and giving him a teasing kiss.

Jamie: His neck sank into his shoulders and his hips twitched under her. "Nooo?" This was another trap. It had to be. "Until I reabsorbed them... Then it wouldn't matter? Because it would be me?" Absolutely was a trap.

Jean: "Soooo, when he's outside of you, he's not exactly you, so you'd be jealous?" Jean moved to kiss his neck, her fingers brushing over his collarbone. "Because I'm yours, not his."

Jamie: Jamie's neck extended again and his head pressed back into his pillow, giving her more room to play. "Uh huh..." Wait. Trap! "No? Yes?" Guuhnnn. ...what? Thinking is haaard. "Mine. All mine."

Jean: Jean grinned and nipped at his pulse, soothing it with a lick. "Mmhmm, exactly. That's what I thought."

Jamie: "But... But I'm them. So you'd still be all mine." Jamie's fingers dug into her hips just a touch, trying to get a grip on his thoughts by getting a grip on her skin. It wasn't working. "Jeaaaaan..."

Jean: She took mercy on him and nibbled beside his Adam's apple. He could think about it later. I am all yours, and you're mine, so I want you to meet my parents.

Jamie: He felt his heart stop at the thought in his head. He had totally forgotten that was what they had been talking about that led them down this path. "But... I've never met anybody's parents before."

Jean: It made her pause and look up into his unfocused eyes. "Never?"

Jamie: "No?" Was this another trap? Watch your step, Jamie. Here there be monsters. "You've been my only serious girlfriend." Ha! Trap avoided!

Jean: "Well, yeah, but-" Whatever, Jean. She decided to just be happy he'd never decided to play meet the parents with any of his duplicated fuck buddies. "I thought it would be nice for you to see the Hudson. I could take you to Bard, too..." Jean gave an elaborate wriggling shrug and shifted her hips again.

Jamie: Jamie swallowed hard and tried to focus on the conversation. "Rivers are nice. Bard is a good school." Trap! "But that's where your parents work!" He groaned and shifted with her. "When are we going?" Trap! "I mean... What was I saying?"

Jean: "Soooo, you don't want to meet my parents?" Jean was wondering if she should just give up this conversation entirely until after the morning sex. Jamie's brain was otherwise occupied.

Jamie: "P-parents. Yeah." Jamie licked his lips and let his gaze drift over her naked shoulders. "Whatever you want, babe."

Jean: "So you do! Great!" Jean smirked and drew her nails over his skin, her other hand traveling southward again.

Jamie: "Grnaaghh," he groaned, trying to arch his hips up to meet her hand. Move faster... "Yeah. Uh huh. Definitely."

Jean: Jean giggled and shook her head. He had noooo idea what he was saying right now. She could ask for a threesome with Figaro and it'd take him five minutes to figure out what he'd agreed to.

Jean: "You're lucky I love you," she sighed, taking pity on him and rewarding him with a squeeze.

Jamie: Jamie's eyes rolled back and he bucked into her hand. "Love you so much." His fingers squeezed her hips, trying to urge her to other ideas.

Jean: "If they came here, you could always meet them at my apartment." Jean was talking to herself now, but Jamie was making some great noises in response. She leaned down and explored his neck, kissing and sucking and nibbling as she kept her hand's motion steady. "They haven't been there before either," she muttered.

Jamie: "Mmhmm." Focus, Jamie. Caaaan't. "Apartment." What about her apartment? That's where the cat became two cats. Right. "Cats."

Jean: "Oh, they knew I had a cat, but not about the spare..." Jean decided to follow her hand south, kissing his sternum and using her free hand to drag her nails over his chest and stomach. His muscles tensed and she made good on her promises to lick his abs.

Jamie: Jamie couldn't help the giggle that sprouted from his lips. It tickled! But also felt so nice. His hands found her hair and he tried to urge her a little further south. "Spare cat. Spare boyfriend. Spare tire?"

Jean: Jean grinned and nipped below his belly button. Fuck he was adorable. "Spare boyfriend implies I had another one. Just you." She closed her eyes and kissed his stomach, resisting the tug on her hair for the moment.

Jean: "Y'know why I haven't gone home, right?" She raised her head to look up at his chin. All this sharing while he was hornily impaired was kinda cathartic.

Jamie: "I'm many myselves. Lotsa me...s?" He groaned at her staying put and pouted just a bit when she stopped any kind of attention. "No?"

Jean: "My apartment doesn't have this..." Jean shifted her attention to the indention just above his hipbone, exploring his skin with her lips and teeth.

Jamie: "Ohhh." He shuddered and groaned again, but in pleasure this time. Jamie licked his lips and tried to be patient. The anticipation was killing him. "Has working kitchen. Can visit you."

Jean: "Promise?" She traced her tongue along his hip, planting sucking kisses that left small red marks on his white skin.

Jamie: "Promise." Jamie shivered and twitched. "Love you. Love kitchens."

Jean: He was too fucking cute. "Love you, too. Kitchens... eh, but you..." Jean shifted her position, licked her lips, and moved to make good on her own promise.