12/30 Issue: A Call for Help

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

12/30 Issue: A Call for Help

Post by Slarti »

Timelined right after All the Hells.

Shaw: Sebastian tinkered with his coffee machine, glancing over at his current house guest. "Do you need a refill?"

Carol: "Does that thing understand measurements in jugs?" Carol replied, holding out her empty cup. Miriam was a handful all on her own but now there was three of them. And they were everywhere all at the same time. How did anyone do this?

Shaw: Sebastian laughed and took her cup. "Not in jugs per se, but I do drink a healthy amount, so..."

Carol: "Pretty sure most people would consider the amount of coffee we drink decidedly un-healthy..." Carol pointed out, "But I like the option of ridiculous amounts of hot caffeine on demand."

Shaw: "Perhaps I should install one at the school then?" He gave her a toothy grin, checking his phone to see if there were any more messages from Paige.

Carol: He got a finger-gun shot, "It's not a school anymore. You can just call it the asylum. That still feels like it fits."

Paige: After leaving the bar/hospital, Paige had gone home... to no children. She might have panicked a little as she messaged Carol, but they were conveniently where she was going to head next. She had packed their bags and loaded the car before driving to see Sebastian. Hopefully... he'd be sympathetic. Hopefully... he'd help her get out of town for awhile. Once she arrived, however, she turned off the car and sat there. It was surprisingly difficult to move.

Shaw: The jolt made him laugh as the machine brewed up her refill. "It most certainly fits."

Carol: "I always thought SHIELD picked the perfect building to convert," Carol nodded, watching the kids run by in the hall.

Paige: Maybe it would be easier to just text Sebastian? Paige picked up her phone and sent him a quick text. I need your help.

Shaw: "It was most certainly an intentional move." He got her cup and his own, his phone buzzing in his pocket as he sat down. Sebastian checked the message and frowned. Of course, whatever you need.

Carol: Carol noticed the texting, "Please tell me that was Jess on her way home to knock the children out."

Paige: Paige breathed a little easier. Can I come in? Yes! Sebastian would help her. This would all be okay.

Shaw: "It's Paige." He checked the security feed and arched a brow. Oh. Widget will let you in. "She's here."

Carol: "...that was quick."

Paige: After locking her car, Paige made her way into the house.

Shaw: "Indeed." The robot help opened the door for Paige and he called down to her as he got up. "We're in the kitchen. Would you like some coffee?"

Paige: "Yes please," Paige called up, thanking the robot and making her way to the stairs.

Carol: Carol decided that now was a good time to quickly text Bobby to see if he was okay, getting up to poke her head out into the hall and listen for where the giggling had gone while she did so.

Shaw: Widget burbled at her happily as Sebastian went to get her some coffee as well. "The children are playing, upstairs."

Paige: Paige started to say something then stopped, sighing a bit. "Thank you."

Shaw: "You're welcome." He watched her while the coffee machine whirred again. "I'm very sorry, Paige."

Carol: Once she was sure they weren't heading for the guinea pig room, Carol moved back into the kitchen but tried to stay out of the way.

Paige: Paige swallowed hard, glancing between them. "I uh... I guess everyone knows then?"

Shaw: Sebastian's eyes slid to Carol and he fussed with the machine.

Carol: "Not everyone... definitely not everyone that should know.... I'm sorry you had to find out like this though....."

Paige: "It's not on you... At least he told me. Though it sounds like it wasn't his idea to really." She sighed, running her fingers through her blonde hair. "I just uh. I need out of here, ya'll."

Carol: "He was always going to tell you..." Carol felt the need to defend Bobby, "There's just... never a good time for this stuff....."

Shaw: Sebastian handed Paige the cup. "Would you like a referral for an attorney? I know several of... excellent ruthlessness."

Carol: Carol gave Sebastian a look and another shot from the finger-gun.

Shaw: "Harder, dear," he leered.

Paige: "Could you?" Paige asked immediately, taking the coffee. She held it in her hands, focusing on the warmth. "And do you have somewhere we can go for a few days so I can just... process?"

Carol: "Don't tempt me," Carol narrowed her eyes over the rim of her cup as she took a sip.

Carol: She turned her attention to Paige, "Oh come on..."

Shaw: Sebastian gave Paige a nod. "Of course. Somewhere in Boston, or elsewhere?"

Paige: "What, Carol?" Paige asked, squeezing her cup a bit. "And um.. somewhere.. not here. Maybe... maybe at the beach? A little vacation for them?" she asked hopefully.

Carol: "It was just a kiss... and you're talking about lawyers? You're not even going to try?"

Shaw: "Hawaii is lovely this time of year."

Paige: "He's in love with her, Carol. He's been in love with her for fucking years. No, I'm not going to try to make it work with someone who doesn't want to be with me," Paige snapped... shaking a bit, but looking up at Sebastian. "Hawaii would be wonderful. Thank you, Sebastian."

Shaw: Sebastian gave her a nod and pulled out his phone. "Excuse me for just a moment and I'll take care of the arrangements."

Carol: "If he didn't want to be with you it would have been easier for him to tell you." Carol pointed out, setting her coffee down on the counter to warn Bobby. "This is Rogue's mess. Take it out on her."

Paige: "Maybe I'll feel different in a few days," Paige admitted, sitting down. "But for right now? I need out of here and I need a lawyer... just in case."

Carol: "Do you need to take the kids with you?"

Paige: "Absolutely I do," Paige snapped at her. "Apparently I'm a horrible mother who never sees them."

Carol: Carol considered that she should bite her tongue on this one buuuuuuut that Danvers temper was stirring, "Well you do kinda seem more worried about work than anything else so honestly I'm surprised you can tear yourself away so suddenly without even calling in..."

Paige: Paige set her coffee down gently, breathing deep breaths. "Carol. You have no idea what I go through on a daily basis at my job nor at home. So with all due respect? Go fuck yourself. I'll wait for Sebastian downstairs."

Carol: "I don't care what you go through at work. It's work. It doesn't give you the right to ignore your family then bitch when your husband gets attacked and you have to leave work for a week to take care of your kids. What about his job? What about taking a day off now and then to spend time with your family? Did it ever occur to you that it might damage your relationship to never be there?"

Paige: "First of all, I don't know who the hell you think you are to get in the middle of my relationship. Second of all, that is NOT what happened, so maybe get your facts straight before you try to lecture me about priorities. Some of you think saving lives and being a hero is all fine and great until it's me with a scalpel in an operating room instead of in spandex."

Carol: "Plenty of doctors manage a work-life balance, Paige. You're not the first surgeon on the planet. Book a vacation once in a while. Like this one you're taking on the spur of the moment. Maybe if you're not looking at the world from the point of view of someone who is stressed out and working eighteen hours a day seven days a week, you'll realise how much you're overreacting right now."

Paige: "Plenty of doctors don't have the specialty I do. And all the ones who do? We all go through this. I've asked. I've talked to them. It is the hardest field there is basically. But it's okay, I'm just a doctor. I guess I should take afternoons off to play golf and bake pies. Thank you sooo much for the perspective, Carol!" Paige headed for the stairs.

Carol: "You're deliberately missing the point. Maybe if you were going to take a specialty that didn't leave you with time for a family you shouldn't have gotten involved with Bobby in the first place. Were you waiting for an excuse to cut him loose?"

Paige: Paige paused, looking at Carol. "I chose a specialty that I believed in. I lost babies, Carol. And I wanted to help stop that. I wanted to give these women the gift of motherhood and life for them and their child. I am not the one who had an affair here. if you want to blame someone, blame him."

Carol: "One kiss is not an affair, Paige. You have some fucked up standards if that's what you think. And If I'm blaming anyone for this, it's Rogue's stupid ass."

Shaw: His phone call was finished, but Sebastian was lurking in the hall, listening to the argument and deciding if he really wanted to wade into it.

Paige: "Now you are the one missing the point. He is in love with her. He said he has been for years. Stop trying to say I'm overreacting!"

Carol: "How the fuck didn't you notice he was in love with her for years? Everyone else did. But the point is he married you. He loves you. He wants to stay with you. The guilt over this has been killing him. Think about that while you're enjoying yourself with his kids in Hawaii. Over one drunken kiss that he put a stop to. He doesn't deserve this."

Paige: "And neither do I, Carol. So thank you for all your support."

Carol: "You didn't have to make it worse." If there was ever a time she wanted to fall off the brand new sobriety wagon it was right now.

Paige: "Quite frankly, I am entitled to whatever I feel right now and am allowed to process this. I don't want to be around any of his friends right now, so I am taking our children for a few days. Since I never see them, I'm sure you'll all understand. As for what happens when we return? I guess that will depend largely on him now won't it?"

Shaw: Sebastian decided to clear his throat before he showed his face.

Carol: Carol turned away from both of them and picked her coffee back up. It wasn't scotch but it was better than nothing.

Paige: Paige turned to Sebastian with a smile. "Hello, Sebastian."

Shaw: "Hello, my dear. All the arrangements are made. I'll send the details to your phone." He returned the smile.

Carol: Carol decided to text Bobby again and ask if he wanted some company. She was too mad at Sebastian to stay in the house without adult supervision.

Paige: "Thank you so much. So, so much," Paige hugged him, trying to keep it together. "I'll let him know I have the kids and we'll be back in a few days."

Shaw: He hugged her tightly. "Take your time, Paige." Things here would likely get ugly, after all.

Paige: "Thank you... I just... I can't thank you enough for this." She wiped her eyes discreetly, backing up a bit.

Shaw: "You're welcome." Sebastian tugged a handkerchief from his inside jacket pocket and gave it to her with a soft smile.

Paige: She took it gratefully, wiping her eyes. "I'll let you know when we get there safely."

Shaw: "Thank you," he cleared his throat and looked toward the hall. "I'll go get the children."

Paige: "Thank you," she whispered, working on composing herself. She had to be all smiles for them. They didn't need to know what was going on.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 12/30 Issue: A Call for Help

Post by Esynthia »

Gotta agree with Carol on this one...