12/31 Issue: The Other Side

Instance transcripts for the new, expanded world of ScrawlerEarth live here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

12/31 Issue: The Other Side

Post by Slarti »

The wee morning hours after the day of trauma

Bobby: The bartender had long ago given up on the attempts to get him to either order or leave. He hadn't even threatened the guy. Well, much. His expression was probably enough of a threat.

Carol: Well if today wasn't just all about testing the sturdiness of the sobriety wagon... Carol pushed open the door and stepped inside the bar, looking around for Bobby and ignoring the generalised staring.

Bobby: One party in the bar wasn't staring at anything except for the empty seat across for him. He'd long ago yeeted his phone across the room, which had led to another visit from the bartender.

Carol: Finally spotting the slumped form of Bobby, she headed over to the booth and slid into the space across from him. "You want a drink?"

Bobby: That made his eyes flick up. Wrong blonde. "Nope."

Carol: "Just keeping the seat warm then? That's fine... I'll wait til you're done... unless you wanna talk?"

Bobby: Bobby's eyes fell to the tabletop again. "How'd ya find me?" he mumbled.

Carol: "I tried texting you but that didn't work so I got Fury to track your phone.... I was worried about you...."

Bobby: "Immortal, remember?" He didn't move.

Carol: "That doesn't mean you cant be hurt...." She leaned forward, resting her forearms on the table, "And, I hate to break it to you, but you can't stay in the bar all night...."

Bobby: "Technically, I could, if I shifted to gas."

Carol: "Yeah... but that'd be creepy...." she offered her hand, "Come on, let's go for a walk or something. So these people can find someone else's business to mind."

Bobby: "I can deal with creepy," he said, giving her hand a wary look. "A walk? How did you even know to try to find me?"

Carol: "Did you get any of my messages? Paige came to get the kids...."

Bobby: "No?" The reason for that being the yeet, but now he tipped himself sideways to look under the table for his phone. "She did what?"

Carol: "She texted me demanding to know where her kids were so I sent my location... then she said she wanted to go away somewhere and take the kids and Sebastian offered to help and find a lawyer..."

Bobby: His head popped back up, phone unfound. "Yeah, of course he did."

Carol: "So... she's on the way to Hawaii with the children and I guess she doesn't care what you're doing..." she frowned.

Bobby: Bobby knew he should react to this, but at the moment...

Carol: "But... I kind of owe you and you're a friend... so I care what you're doing...."

Bobby: He just looked at her.

Carol: She sighed, "Fine I'll stop talking but I'm not leaving you on your own."

Bobby: Bobby closed his eyes.

Carol: She sat back in her chair and looked around the bar, giving Bobby some time to collect himself.

Bobby: And some time it was. Eventually, he went back under the table for his phone, this time more successfully, but he turned it off and laid it on the table.

Carol: After he retrieved his phone, Carol thought it might be safe to break the silence. "So... we gonna order something? Sit here for a few hours with nothing and make cranky pants over there more cranky? Or we gonna go somewhere else?"

Bobby: "Drinking is the last thing I need to do right now." He looked over at the bartender, who pretended not to be watching them.

Carol: "Well we could get snacks or something... or take that walk? Go get coffee instead?"

Bobby: "Yeah." He wasn't sure what he was agreeing to, but he slowly stood anyway and pulled out his wallet, pulling out whatever bills he had in it and dropping them onto the table.

Carol: Carol headed to the door with him, holding it for him when she stepped out onto the street.

Bobby: It was dark and he wondered how long he'd been there. He was also a little stiff. His head hurt. Shocker.

Carol: "You lead, I'll follow," Carol offered him a small smile.

Bobby: "That's always a terrible idea." He picked a random direction and started walking.

Carol: "Nah. If we get lost it's easy to just fly back to where we started."

Bobby: Bobby just grunted in response and shoved his hands in his pockets.

Carol: Okay.... She settled in to walk a half pace behind him, putting her own hands in the pockets of her brother's leather jacket. "You want me to talk or just be quiet?"

Bobby: After a while, he sighed. "Babe, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I don't think this can be fixed with a pep talk."

Carol: "That's not what I'm doing... I just want to make sure you get home okay...."

Bobby: "She told me not to come home."

Carol: "Well she's not gonna be there now so someone has to go back there to take care of Yoda...."

Bobby: He frowned and walked in silence.

Carol: "If there's anything I can do to help... this is my fault..."

Bobby: "Can you watch Yoda then?"

Carol: That took her by surprise and she turned her head to look at him, "Yeah... sure, I can do that.... what are you going to do?"

Bobby: "I dunno, but I want him to be okay. I'm sure he's confused."

Carol: "Yeah... I'll take care of him til you come pick him up. I love that little guy..." She wasn't sure how her teleporting cat would feel about him but whatever....

Bobby: "Awesome, thanks." He managed to give her a weak smile as they walked.

Carol: "I... don't think I'll stay at the Shaws' tonight... I'm kinda mad at Sebastian right now... so I'll think of something for tonight then he can have fun chasing Sharky around and meeting guinea pigs..."

Bobby: "He'll love it." Bobby let the other portion of her comment stew for a bit. "For siding with Paige? Of course he would."

Carol: "For the lawyer and Hawaii..." she sighed heavily, "I just... this whole thing is a huge mess... and I hate thinking that people would pick up opportunities to make it worse instead of better..."

Bobby: He stopped walking to give her a flat look. "She's never gonna forgive me either way."

Carol: "I.... kind of lost my temper with her..." she admitted with a wince.

Bobby: Bobby frowned a little. "Why? I'm the one who fucked everything up."

Carol: "Because she doesn't want to try and fix anything... and I feel like she took you for granted.... and she's making a mistake..."

Bobby: He closed his eyes and turned his face away from her. "It doesn't matter."

Carol: "Of course it matters..."

Bobby: "She's just -" He shook his head and rubbed his face with both hands again. "She's pissed, more pissed than I've ever seen her. I betrayed her trust. And I'm about to do it to another woman I love, too. Nothing about this situation is okay and nothing will make it right."

Carol: Carol decided not to say that she was having a lot of trouble feeling sorry for Rogue in this situation. She did want to hug Bobby but he probably wasn't really in the right mood for that. "I hate this...."

Bobby: He snorted. "Me too, babe."

Carol: "I wish she hadn't told me..." she sighed heavily.

Bobby: "Same," he laughed. Sort of. He did and he didn't, but it hurt to think too deeply about it.

Carol: Carol shifted and reached into the inside pocket of her jacket, pulling out a business card for a junkyard. "If you wanna go break stuff til you feel better... tell Ray I sent you..." she offered him the card, "I find it therapeutic...."

Bobby: That made him crack a real smile, although it was slight. "Thanks, I might do that." Most likely not, but who knew?

Carol: "If you want me to leave you alone for a while... I can do that... just call me when you're home so I can come get Yoda, okay? Whatever else you need... just ask..."

Bobby: Bobby shoved the card into his back pocket and rummaged for his keys, then handed them over to her. "No need to wait for me. Make yourself at home."

Carol: She fumbled the keys a little, again surprised, "Don't do anything that'll put you on the news, okay?" she dropped the keys into her pocket, "I'd like to have at least one sane person to work with in the future..."

Bobby: "Me? Never." He looked at her for a moment, then dug in his pockets for his phone and wallet, handing it all over.

Carol: Carol took them then wrapped her arms around him for a hug, "I'll send someone to pick up your truck..."

Bobby: "Thanks." He returned the hug, closing his eyes.

Carol: "Take all the time you need," she gave him a small squeeze before letting him go and putting the items in her pockets. "Just... check in if you're gonna be gone more than a week..."

Bobby: Bobby gave her a smile and looked down at his hand. After a moment, he twisted off his wedding band and gave her that, too.

Carol: She sighed, looking at the circle of metal on her palm before putting that into another pocket. "See you on the other side, I guess...."

Bobby: "Yup, the other side." He gave her a salute and exploded into frozen gas.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 12/31 Issue: The Other Side

Post by Esynthia »

Poor Bugsy :(