It's true, it's all true!!

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

LOOKY!

Quote Doc Ock Animators Speak!
Tuesday, November 12, 2002 12:05 CST

AICN had a reader pick up a copy of Widescreen magazine in the UK. The issue interviewed Animation Director Anthony LaMolinara and Lead Animator Spencer Cooke. Both confirmed that Doctor Octopus is the bad guy in the new movie:

LaMolinara: "What's going to be really difficult in the next film is Doctor Octopus. Making those tentacles look right and look believable in the context of being on that character, that's gong to be very difficult."

And perhaps of more interest:

LaMolinara: "We're working solely on Doctor Octopus right now. Each arm is like a different character and it's a lot of work. We're still developing the intricate process of how it's going to look and move around."

Cook: "There's a tricky balance with that character. He's got four mechanical arms that need to interact with him - they're his servants to some extent - but they also have individual aspects of his personality so we're working on portraying that. Also, from a technical standpoint, we're working on a model that has the animation controls that we need to get the actions. It needs to be something all the animators are comfortable with so they don't get bogged down by technical aspects."

Visit the link above for more! :End QUOTE

:surprise: there's more at Shh.com too! IT's gonna be DOC OC! WHEEE!!!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Doctor Octopus!!

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

DOC OCTOPUS!!!!!!
YESS!!!!
My favorite villan will be in :spidey:2!!!!!!

That's as good news at it gets!!

;octopus;
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by ahmed »

All right!!!
Reasons I like this...

1.Doc Ock's bound to be fun in a battle.

2.I want to fight Occy in a video game, again. In 2 years I'll be able to.

3.I need a good Doc Ock toy.The best one out so far stinks. His tentacles don't look...well, lethal, versatile...

I'd like to see an X-Men-Spidey team-up in the future. Otherwise, it just isn't the Marvel Universe...More like the separate Marvel universeS...
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Shadywhisk
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Shadywhisk »

I've also read rumors that the Lizard will be in Amazing Spider-man. Any confirmations?

Personally, I'd prefer Doc Ock to be the only villian. Movies with more than one advesary get so convoluted.

:)
Owner of the Bamf-mobile - the next best thing to teleportation
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I heard that too, but mostly Sandman and DOc oc, though I wuldn't be surprised if Chameleon is it to, I mean they did mention him, Sam Raimi did. I saw that at EW too. MOstly shh.com has the good stuff though. My cousin does soe snooping wiht his friends, they even went as far as to sneak into the Matrix set (didn't get far) THAT MOVIE IS GONNA ROK! I'veheard there's swords and super agents. and they join another ship. (or two)
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Hmm... that sunds like too many villains. Can you say "Batman Forever?" Or "Batman and Robin?" I will kill something if Spider-man turns into that.
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Shadywhisk
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Shadywhisk »

I don't want the Spidey movies to go that route either, Hsu. I think two or more villians would weigh the story down and shift focus away from Spidey.

I am excited that Doc Ock has been confirmed though. I think it would be great to see him brought to life!! Now, if Gwen Stacy would make an appearance, I'd be an ultra-happy camper! ;)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I want (and a lot of the un-fans) wuld appreciate it more if Gwen appeared later. He has to deal with MJ first. And people who don't get the comics are gonna *duh?* when they see another goblin and gwen. I think it should be Doc Oc, nd part three, should either be HObby or Kingipin, and getting to kingpin is hard becase spidey has to deal with Chameleon, Rhino, and maybe the spider slayer. That would make a good plot. :D
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by ahmed »

didn't they say there was only gonna be 3 films?

Teen Scrawlers #1
Shadywhisk
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Shadywhisk »

I think introducing Gwen could create an interesting love triangle between her, Peter, and MJ. Plus, I don't think that she has to be killed off. If the writers wanted Gwen to be a main character, then they could incorporate the death of Capt. Stacy (since Doc Ock is going to be in the movie). Gwen would end up blaming Spider-Man for her dad's death, and Peter would part ways with her knowing that he could never reveal to her that he is Spidey.

Personally, I would be happy if she played only a small part. However, I'm not holding my breath on her appearing. I feel that the Black Cat will be filling out the love triangle, but I hope it won't be until part three. (See my above rants about only one villian/villianess per movie! ;) )
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

See the whole way that Gwen Stacy was killed was already used in the first spider-man movie. Only this time he saved both because Kirsten Dunst can't die. :D

Plus now that MJ kinda sorta knows that he's Spider-man, I don;t think adding a whole different love interest would work. It'd be confusing.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Sam Raimi better know what he's doin.g PERsonally, I'd rather either have Gwen be the saving movie storyline and not appear for awhile. I want to see, in the next three (that's as in doc oc and on)
- Doc Oc (der)
- Chameleon
- HObby
- Lizard (he said dr. connors fired me... hmmmm...
- shocker
- Kingpin w/ hammer head.
- Rhino
- VENOM!
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

The problem with Venom is that it's such a long story. The whole Symbiote spider suit would be an entire movie. I guess you could have Venom just be Venom without first going through Spiderman, but no... because he has to to get the powers. I just don't think it would work...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Well Raimi took the longest of Spidey episodes and summed 'em up all into one movie, he can do it again. SImply shorten the plot sone. Introduce Eddie BRock (which they have already mentioned.) Early on in the next two. Get him fired, and on a rant. Gets in the way of some fights, get's can kicked. Come back in part four or five as VEnom. WOO HOO! I love VENOM! Of course then there's the whines for carnage, and with carnage comes shriek, doppleganger, demon goblin and a bunch of other annoyances that would lead to a block buster flop. So.... maybe... maybe not.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

See that makes the movies seem like their just a big budget TV show. See you can't leave out stuff like you can with the first movie, plus the first movie really didn't leave all that much out.

Adding Carnage would not require adding all the other Symbiotes.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

which is why I was saying maybe they shouldn't add Venom Hemight mess things up, but some stupid spidey fans may have their hopes up from the mentioning of Eddie in the beginning of the 1st movie.
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by ahmed »

Originally posted by Bamfman86
but some stupid spidey fans may have their hopes up from the mentioning of Eddie
Ouch.

Teen Scrawlers #1
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

I think the Eddie comment was put in the movie to keep it open. That way if Raimi does decide to go with the Venom story, we already know Eddie is an established character and that Peter is being praised as a more talented photographer. Calling fans stupid for getting their hopes up is a little harsh though.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I didn't say they were stupid...did...I? I didn't mean it like that, I mean more that the fans who are praying might have their hopes let down at a sudden gust of Vulture or shocker and Eddie is left in the dust. (SORRY AHMED.... *hands first issue wiht Venom's appearance over.) HAppy? :oops: