Least fav char

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Shayde
Lubber
Lubber

Least fav char

Post by Shayde »

Considering they keep killing people off left right and centre, I'm finding it better to hate everyone. It's less traumatic that way when they choke.
"One day men will look back and say that I gave birth to the twentieth century."
Jack the Ripper, From Hell
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Least fav char

Post by Garble »

Originally posted by littlebamf
Originally posted by Erynne
LOL, the cookoos. Why do they call them that?
There was this black and white 50's movie, which I (thankfully) saw once. It involved a group of extra bright blond kids, who were born in different famillies, but looked identical, walked in step and everything. It was really creepy, and called the something cookoos, because that's waht they were, because they were really the childre of an alien race, or something dumb like that!
Praise my memory, cause I saw that film when I was eight!!!
"Village of the Damned" Good movie. There was a sequel "Children of the Damned"
And Christopher Reves made a remake of "Village of the Damned" before his accident.

Also, note that they were called that because Cookoos lay their eggs in other bird's nests. The first thing the baby cookoo does is kill the other baby birds in the nest...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Least fav char

Post by Bamfette »

it's spelled Cuckoos, actually... sorry. pet peeve...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Least fav char

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

wow, crazy ass birds. Wee should have a cukoo smilie. ONe that turns it's head and pops all bloddy. MUAHAH! Sorry I'm feelin' evil
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Menshevik
Lubber
Lubber

Least fav char

Post by Menshevik »

In the main titles:
Cable, Domino (if Lifeguard is only a glorified Domino, what does this say about her? :D ), Shatterstar, Bishop (I only started looking more favorably on the latter after Claremont started writing him).

Gambit as Rogue's love interest, especially during the time between Claremont's two runs.

Marrow portrayed as a heroine.

Maggott -- ugh, what a mess. First Australian, then South African Black talking like a Boer.

Trevor Fitzroy. Better he had been killed in his first outing.

Can't be bothered about the newly created ones in UXM and NXM, including what they did to Beast and the White Witch, characters I used to like.

On the other hand, I actually rather like Thunderbird III and there were times when Cyclops didn't suck. And of course Jean shouldn't have been brought back from the dead, but that has nothing to do with how I feel about her as a character.

Practically all characters from Ultimate X-Men.

Re. Cuckoos: IIRC, the story on which the film was based is called "The Midwich Cuckoos". The film was parodied btw in the Simpsons episode where Springfield institutes a curfew for children.

Tilman
:lick::bets::rogue::magneto::mystique::widget:
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Least fav char

Post by Tatu »

Rogue
(eh..i think Rem could do better..but i dont hate her)

Sage
(looks like a Domino Clone, and i love Neena! so that makes sage bad)

Scott
(..is her always so ..pissy?)

all the new xmen...boring...they do nothing for me
Call me King!
Thunder Chicken
Lubber
Lubber

Least fav char

Post by Thunder Chicken »

Shadowcat. In every Universe, every reality, every incarnation. I hate the character that much; I don't know why, exactly, I just do. It's instictual, a law of nature; if there ever was a Kitty Pryde that I did like, it would be a sin against ... well, EVERYTHING. Nature, God, the universe, take your pick. In fact, I'd say I wish she'd die, but she has such a large fanbase that if it ever did happen, it would be like Psylocke all over again and nobody would ever hear the end of it. EVER.

No offense to Kitty fans. Kisses! :kiss

:austen
fuzzy yukon
Lubber
Lubber

Least fav char

Post by fuzzy yukon »

poor rogue she used to be cool, but she started to go downhill a long time ago. I think her good years were back in the 80's ( she had that 80's punkish thing going on then )
and a word on cyclops, He has I think always been the character everyone is hoping would be the next to bite it :dead
I think in that way he really is a unifier of the readership of the x books . He's the one we all love to hate. that swhy I love him, he so fun to hate. :D
LadyBamf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Least fav char

Post by LadyBamf »

Cyclops. Can't stand him.
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." -The Marauders

"Those who hear not the music...think the dancers mad." -Unknown

"Now, I'm getting into the coffin....and you will get in on top of me if you know whats good for you"
-Lestat
Archangel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Least fav char

Post by Archangel »

Captin America!
Hulk
Thor
White Queen
LOGAN
"There are things that go bump in the night. We are the ones who bump back." ~Professor Broom~

"When you see red: Stop. When you see blue: Bamf. And when you see the ground.. Well, I told you to stop."
~Ryo and Hushy~
Magic Rabbit
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Least fav char

Post by Magic Rabbit »

Originally posted by Shayde
Considering they keep killing people off left right and centre, I'm finding it better to hate everyone. It's less traumatic that way when they choke.
LOL! But the sad fact is, some characters will never die (or go away). Personally I can't stand Cyclops (616 Cyclops: in Evo and in Ultimate he's much better). And I'm not a huge fan of Jean Grey, but neither one of them stays dead for too long.
"If we crash I can't win!" - Speed Racer

:bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny

:blossom :bubbles :buttercup
Phoebe Mittens
Lubber
Lubber

Least fav char

Post by Phoebe Mittens »

Jubilee. Is irritating.
Annie. I'm sorry. I did like her, but... things reached a point where her and her permanently "shocked-but-feisty" 'tude felt like every page of every issue. Still, that appears to be over for the moment so I'm happy again.

Originally posted by Menshevik Re. Cuckoos: IIRC, the story on which the film was based is called "The Midwich Cuckoos".
The Cuckoos are a combination of two things.
1. The Midwich Cuckoos, by John Wyndham, (an excellent book) where an alien race is born in the village of Midwich. All look identical (blonde etc.), are telepathic, and have come "to conquer the world!"
2. The Stepford Wives, a movie in which all the wives in Stepford have been replaced by servile robots who do whatever their husbands tell them. However, when their circuitry breaks down, "mayhem ensues!"

So basically the cuckoos are a telepathic hive-mind with a tendency to flip out and go idividually crazy sometimes. Oh look, Esme.
Moongazer
Lubber
Lubber

Least fav char

Post by Moongazer »

You know, for a while I hated Stacy X. But now, when i look back, she wasn't all that bad.

I don't really have a least favorite character. I love them all. Although I've never really been a fan of Toad.
Snoogans.
Sandy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Least fav char

Post by Sandy »

This is really fascinating. I always thought I was the only one hating Scott and thinking he got a stick up his...er...never mind. It's not even his arrogance, because I like Northstar, who is pretty arrogant....
I can't stand the Blob - but then who can?

Oh, and I did like Stacy. She could kick ass:D

Sandy:bamf
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Least fav char

Post by Melylott »

Scott, Jean (except Ult. Jean; love her), Annie (sometimes), Heather, Cuckoos (sometimes), Cable, (Ok, all the Summers' 'cept Rachel), Toad in the comics (movie and Evo are cool), and last but not least, Logan when he's overexposed. But deep down, I like him. *noogies Logan*
:abyss Abyss's Number Two Fan! I Love Nils!!! :abyss
"The Shire is THAT way!"
---Frodo, One Ring to Rule Them All 2 (Greatest Flash EVAH!11)
#1 Fan of Blue!Jill. Sorry Bamfette. ^_^ :jillian
I love Wither!
Magic Rabbit
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Least fav char

Post by Magic Rabbit »

Oh how could I forget Thunderbird III? He's a conglomerate of many other male Xmen (Nightcrawler, Gambit, Longshot...). Yikes he's so bad. And pointless.

Oh and Slipstream. Dude! Like he's not a stereotype of ever beachbum on the planet. :rolleyes

blueberrymuffin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Least fav char

Post by blueberrymuffin »

I used to love storm sooooooo much, and I still like her in the comix and in old TAS episodes.
But ever since the movies...........BLAHG, I don't like her any more.

I don't like paige much either, she's suck a whiner!! I mean shut up already.

But I like most everyone else. 'specially nighty, logan, polaris, magneto, the maximoff sibs and many many many others.....not the least of which being Mystique and of course EMMA----RULER OF ALL!!!!!!!!!!
"I deserve sympathy for the sins of my sordid past, not scorn. Those were difficult days, I was probably very confused and out of my mind on drink or drugs. It's not always about 'good' and 'evil' Scott dear." Emma

"I can't believe what some mutants are up to right now in the privacy of their own homes." Emma (again)
alancummingfan
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Banned

Least fav char

Post by alancummingfan »

I hate Kitty ,and I don't know why.
Proud Member # 2 Of The We Like To Edit Club!(WLTE)
Member #7 of the The Would Kiss Nighty With The Scary Movie Teeth(WKNWTSMT).
Read My New Diary!!!!!
Thunder Chicken
Lubber
Lubber

Least fav char

Post by Thunder Chicken »

Originally posted by alancummingfan
I hate Kitty ,and I don't know why.
I hate her for no particular reason, too. I think that's just the character; she seems to cause irrational hatered in some while appearing to be lovable or even just innocuous to others. It's really kinda f***ed up.

alancummingfan
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Least fav char

Post by alancummingfan »

I agree.I think kitty is f***ed up.Damn Kitty!!!
Read My New Diary!!!!!
hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Least fav char

Post by hilowey »

Jubilee and Jean......at least the movie one. (You hear me Phoenix?!? You should die! and don't you dare rise from the ashes!!!!)
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge
alancummingfan
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Least fav char

Post by alancummingfan »

LOL. yeah the Jean isn't that bad, but there's something I don't like about her.I can't pin point it.
Read My New Diary!!!!!
blueberrymuffin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Least fav char

Post by blueberrymuffin »

I'm definately in that group that can't figure out why they don't like Kitty, they just do.

For me it's kind of like Cyclops. I love to hate them.
"I deserve sympathy for the sins of my sordid past, not scorn. Those were difficult days, I was probably very confused and out of my mind on drink or drugs. It's not always about 'good' and 'evil' Scott dear." Emma

"I can't believe what some mutants are up to right now in the privacy of their own homes." Emma (again)
Magic Rabbit
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Least fav char

Post by Magic Rabbit »

Originally posted by hilowey
(You hear me Phoenix?!? You should die! and don't you dare rise from the ashes!!!!
:LOL! Oh I hear you, I hear you! I mean, how many times can she die and come back? That has to be bad karma or something.... ;)

Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Least fav char

Post by Maelstrom »

She'll keep dying and coming back until copyright laws change ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil