a technical question...how they coordinate writings?

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by jogurt »

Last night i lay in my bed and wondering how they coordinate all these x series. Is there a general plot from the editors? Who said which character appears in uncanny and wich in xtreme or new...?
What is for example with the *series hopper* like wolvie who is in new and in uncanny and in his own...? To me it looks pretty complicate
The Pyramid over Egypt links with the Pyramid
of Time and Illusion. It is run by I, Thoth or
Hermes, the Trickster and Master of the Game.
(AKA. Azazel;) )
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

I think there would have to be, otherwise it would get really messy!! But it sometimes seems that the series have time lapses between them, like a few days or weeks even......sorry, now I am convinced you are asking the wrong person.....but continuality is VERY important, and I know that from my own writing, and classes in drama and media when we would do filming.
I hope that's a 'useful' insight.....
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Sounds pretty right. I"d say the same thing except with one punch here, each writer is given a certain team. (Or characters) Austen can touch wolverine and toy but not use Chamber, but he can't use Gambit and kill him off or do somehtiing drastic and he can't go off and include white witch suddenly. But, then again, Morrison can't go off and use JUggernaut and Kurt with the New X-men. See? And the editors edit any flaws out i'd believe. It must be diffuicult tho, which is why they get paid. :D
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

how it works right now (though not in the past) is the writers propose what they would like to do, and the editors do the rest. if a writers proposal would conflict with another series, the editors may nix it or suggest changes to make it work. if a writer wants to use a character that is currently being used by another writer, they will be told so, and told ot either post-pone or cancel that storyline.

each writer does have a roster that they have primary control over. changes to those characters of a major sort can ONLY happen to that character i thier main series. if NC appears in New or X-Treme or Wolverine... NOTHING of lasting import will happen to him, it is not allowed outside of Uncanny. he wont discover any long lost children, or lose an arm or be killed in any series ecept Uncanny (Exiles was a bit of an exception, because Chuck was writing that).

however, those characters appearances in other titles is still up to the editors. not the writers. writers give/discuss long term plans for characters to the editors, and if a proposed guest spot will conflict with those long term plans, the writer will be told of those plans and told basically 'don't interfere with this' or simply be told they can't use them at all because those plans are just TOO big, TOO delicate, and just can't be messed up... Xorn and Nightcrawler are noteable examples. during Casey's run, using Kurt wasn't a problem, but after Chuck began, he had a very definate idea of where he wanted Kurt to end up, so appearances by him in other series were very limited until after Draco is over to avoid confusion, let the other writers see how he is being written after Draco. (think Excalibur/movie prequel) Xorn... well, lets jsut say Xorn had to be handled VERY carefully for reasons that shall become clear in New 146. Chuck was only allowed to use him in 430 beause his plans tied in with Morrisons big revelation in a BIG way.
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by jogurt »

thanks that was very helpful:)- by the way im still upset about the whole Xorn thing and curious...:D
The Pyramid over Egypt links with the Pyramid
of Time and Illusion. It is run by I, Thoth or
Hermes, the Trickster and Master of the Game.
(AKA. Azazel;) )