Van Helsing-The Movie

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by nightcrawler30 »

so what do you guys think about van helsing? like it or leave it? it looks pretty good from what i have seen. i wonder if it is going to be like the anime or the manga.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Northstars Love »

I'm going to see it. :D I think Hugh is such a babe! heh...my type of movie.

I wonder if there will be any butt shots in this one? lol :P
mightiest_mortal
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by mightiest_mortal »

Originally posted by **Northstars Love**

PAH!!! Pervert!!

mmmmmmmm... Kate Beckinsale... aaaaaaa...
*starts dribbling*
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Crawler »

Kate Beckinsale with a really bad Eastern European accent. *rrrrrooooowwwwwrrrr*

I mean...uhh...the Wolfman looks WAY COOL!

I think the movie wont be *good* per se, but I think it should be fun and enjoyable. I'm going to see it. :)
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Panz »

Hugh? Kate? creepy scenery and monsters? whats not to like??? :love
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by mightiest_mortal
Originally posted by **Northstars Love**

PAH!!! Pervert!!

mmmmmmmm... Kate Beckinsale... aaaaaaa...
*starts dribbling*

Yes...I know! *NL inserts drool smilie here*

Hey! He's got a nice butt. :naughty What can I say but.... hubba hubba. ;pant
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Mistress D »

I agree with Crawler. ...Uhh, exept for the kate Beckinsale thing... :smirk I don't think it will be really _good_, (movies like this usually aren't) but I really really REALLY want to see it! ^_^ I'm a supernatural freak. Dracula looks really cool. For some weird reason, even if they're all ugly and stuff, vampires turn me on. ...Did I just say that out loud? :blush

P.S. Van Hellsing is a manga?? Info, please!! I absolutely LOVE anime and manga, so if there's a Van Hellsing one, I've gotta get my hands on it!! :D
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by nightcrawler30 »

frankinstin looks pretty cool. i really want to see how this one turns out.

**EDIT**

which helsing do you like: Movie, Anime, or the Prof. one?

for me its the anime helsing.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
black mamba
Lubber
Lubber

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by black mamba »

anyone care to ellaborate on the manga van helsing?
the black mamba- a deadly poisonous snake, its bite is quick and always accurate.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Tatu »

Originally posted by black mamba
anyone care to ellaborate on the manga van helsing?
there is an anime (and "OVA" to be exact) called "Ven helsing - The London Assignment" and a manga written by Kohta Hirano.. came out in 1998 in Japan and has been translated and released by DarkHorse here in TPB form, 2 are out the 3rd comes in june .. called "Hellsing".

Volume one & Volume two
Call me King!
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Mistress D »

Bwuahaha!!! I've read both of them now, and I'm eagerly awaiting the third!!! Does anybody have any information about when the next book is coming out?

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Tatu »

Originally posted by Mistress D
Bwuahaha!!! I've read both of them now, and I'm eagerly awaiting the third!!! Does anybody have any information about when the next book is coming out?
Yup, 'cause I already said it :p
[...] released by DarkHorse here in TPB form, 2 are out the 3rd comes in june .. called "Hellsing".
and I should also be more exact There is an Anime called "Hellsing" from the manga, the OVA is an American thing in anime style with Hugh's voice :D
Call me King!
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Mistress D »

Oops! *anime style sweatdrop* :oops Must've just skimmed that particular post... Oh well. Feels good to know that the author isn't dead. ^_^

Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

VAN HELSING ROCKS!!!!!!! Fav part was the the Dracula vs. Werewolf/Van Helsing fight and fav characters are Van Helsing (duh),Carl, and Frankenstein's monster.
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Which do I like more? Leroux, Kay, or Webber?
Leroux gave the Phantom life.
Kay gave the Phantom a soul.
Webber gave the Phantom a voice.
Consider that, and you'll see why I can't choose.

Phantom phan
kiki
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by kiki »

I really liked this movie. of course it wasn't the greatest movie of all time or anythign, but I doubt anyone expected that. But for what it was, it was very good.

My faves were Frankenstein's monster and the Friar. The Friar just rocked. I mean, how entertaining is it that while the male lead left the moive with just a kiss, the geeky sidekick got some? :D
Slackers unite..... tomorrow!!

I'm like a super hero.... without powers or motivation.

She does art too: http://geocities.com/kikisart
Sorte Springer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Sorte Springer »

I think it was faily entertaining, the romance between Van Helsing and Anna was keept down to the one kiss, and that is a good thing.
Carl the friar, and Frankensteins monster were the best charater concepts.
Dracula and Van Helsing were more or less clichés throughout the whole movie, however, they both looked good, I have to give them that.
A ve in om de flest æ de bedst eller båre de flest.
- Niels Hausgaard
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

Van Helsing was an ok movie its not the greatest i've seen,but there were parts that i liked, like the vampire designs: i liked dracula (i still havent figured out who played him),
the fight between van helsing & mr hyde,
Hugh Jackman & the prince are both hot
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Diablo »

Sorry, people ! I think it's one of the worst movies ever.
Okay, Hugh Jackman is cool and the Jekyll/Hyde character is interesting.
But the Frankenstein monster and Dracula are SO pathetic ! Really, were you AFRAID of them ?? These normally frightening creatures can only make you laugh here ! -if they don't make you cry !
Besides, VanHelsing's name isn't Gabriel but Abraham, Dracula has never been called "Vladislas", the year is wrong, the immortality of the hero is too "Logan-esque", and so on. Really, nothing makes sense in this silly story.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Mistress D »

No, Van Hellsing's name is actually Alucard, if I'm not very much mistaken, which I hope I'm not... And no, the movie actually wasn't terrible scary per se, exept when stuff just jumps out at you. ^_^ I love when that happens. Whever I get scared, like on a roller coaster or in a haunted house on Halloween, I start laughing my head off. So it's kinda like this.
AAIII!!! AhahahahAHAHAHA! *sputter choke* OMIGOD!!! AAAAA!!!! HeeheheheheeeeeheeehEEE!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!!:D

nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by nightcrawler30 »

Originally posted by Diablo
But the Frankenstein monster and Dracula are SO pathetic ! Really, were you AFRAID of them ??
they changed dracula, frankenstein's monster, and the wolfman because they wanted to give the charcters a newer look. if you saw a bat fly at you, you wouldn't be scared, but if you saw a demon bat with a fiftheen foot wing span then you wouls be scared. the whole point of changing the look of the monsters was to give them a newer scarier look.

Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Diablo »

You got me wrong, Nightcrawler30. Dracula as a monster IS impressive -altough I prefer my vampires more human-looking, like in "Interview wth a vampire".
But the ACTOR who plays Dracula is laughable. I'm sure they did it on purpose, but it's a bad choice.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Harlekein »

No, Van Hellsing's name is actually Alucard, if I'm not very much mistaken, which I hope I'm not... And no, the movie actually wasn't terrible scary per se, exept when stuff just jumps out at you. ^_^ I love when that happens. Whever I get scared, like on a roller coaster or in a haunted house on Halloween, I start laughing my head off. So it's kinda like this.
AAIII!!! AhahahahAHAHAHA! *sputter choke* OMIGOD!!! AAAAA!!!! HeeheheheheeeeeheeehEEE!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!!:D
Alucard is actually from Castlevania
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

Originally posted by Harlekein
Alucard is actually from Castlevania
right, i believe Alucard is the son of Dracula, & that was in the Castlevania series
(its dracula spelled backwards)
Van Helsing was a character in bram stokers novel dracula (but everyone knows THAT)
personally i dont know how they came up with the name gabriel
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by Mistress D »

Hm. Well his name is Alucard is the manga, and I consider the manga to be the supreme authority on this matter. Well, whatever. *shrug*

nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Van Helsing-The Movie

Post by nightcrawler30 »

Originally posted by Diablo
You got me wrong, Nightcrawler30. Dracula as a monster IS impressive -altough I prefer my vampires more human-looking, like in "Interview wth a vampire".
But the ACTOR who plays Dracula is laughable. I'm sure they did it on purpose, but it's a bad choice.
i agree on you there. i bet the movie would be way different if dracula was more human like.