A Confession.

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

A Confession.

Post by Crawler »

I feel weird.

I feel guilty.

For the first time since I started reading comics about 12 years ago, I can call myself a DC fan.

I was a hardcore Marvelite forever. X-Men and Spider-Man titles, mostly...but with the number of those coming out each month, I was never short of reading material.

I had no interest in DC's heroes and I even sporadically would argue as to why Marvel's characters were better.

I still think that Marvel's characters are better...but I now have more interest in DC titles than in Marvel titles.

So there's my big confession: I AM A DC FAN.

My pull list is still slightly bigger on the Marvel side, but there are four titles that I really anticipate reading each month now...and they're all DC.

Action Comics, The Flash, Fables, and Y: The Last Man.

Yes. Two core universe titles starring two of the biggest DC characters are now on my 'must read' list. And THAT is why I feel dirty.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

A Confession.

Post by Northstars Love »

There are support groups for this kind of thing C.

I'll help you through it. We won't tell Marvel. :P

:LMAO

DC is great! I read JLA! ;) It's whatever you like. We'll support you! :nodyes
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

A Confession.

Post by Tatu »

Originally posted by Crawler
And THAT is why I feel dirty.
I could give you a sponge bath, now THAT would make you feel Dirty.
Call me King!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

A Confession.

Post by kurtlover »

Oh no!!! C that is too much for a single confession!!! :o
*is extremely shocked*

Aaalright i confess, before starting to read Marvel Comics, i was a huuuge DC fan, i used to read aaalll Superman titles, blame "Death of Superman" of course. *hangs head on shame*

Now, i try to read Fables and Y, everytime i order comics, they're hard to find here, and they're just amazing titles :)
shakspear
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

A Confession.

Post by shakspear »

Here's one that really is a guilty pleasure:rolleyes Aquaman.....:o
As much or more we should ourselves complain.

Assume a virtue, if you have it not.
Be great in act, as you have been in thought.

William Shakespeare

"Stealing from one person is called plagiarism; stealing from a bunch of people is called research." -Alfred E. Newman.
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Banned

A Confession.

Post by Winged Outlaw »

Crawler, as long as you're going towards the dark side, pick up Joe Casey's Wildcats 3.0. Its basically as good as Absolute Progeny was, except expanded over an entire series. And sadly its gonna get cancelled soon :( So you know, it'd be pretty damn awesome to add a few readers here :)
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

A Confession.

Post by Tracker »

And THAT is why I feel dirty.
Hey...What's so wrong with feeling dirty?? :naughty
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
miss x
Lubber
Lubber

A Confession.

Post by miss x »

I too love wild CAT!! and i read superman JLA and flash and most of the bat mans plus wonder woman i have a ton of DC stuff in my room! and you KNOW WHAT I LIKE IT :evil
fly with me and you will never come back...
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

A Confession.

Post by Diablo »

Is Chuck Austen writing Action comics ? I think Bamfette told me so -I just can't find where anymore.

Anyway, you're right about Fables and Y. Great choices. :)
I'm a huge Marvel fan (always have been), but I know buy......Teen Titans !!
And they're SO cool ! I thought I could never enjoy an adventure with Superboy:yech, Robin :yech or Wonder girl : yech... Now I DO !!
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

A Confession.

Post by Bamfette »

yeah, he does. and he even is using the Teen Titans in his current arc.... well. some of them.

I am getting more into DC as well. i am just shocked i am enjoying Superman at all... all three ended up being pretty good. and of course i love Y and Fables and C's convinced me to pick up the Flash sometime, but... i just haven't quite gotten around to it yet...
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

A Confession.

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

Crawler(or anyone who wants to) you should also check out Superman, and Superman/Batman. Those are two more good reads.
You can be pushed just so far, until one day the man has to claim what is rightfully his!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

A Confession.

Post by Diablo »

Thanks again, Bamfette.
Austen and Teen Titans ?... I'll go and buy Action Comics !! :)

And oh yeah, I forgot : I also read Batman/Superman.
Concerning the Flash...:huh
I guess, since our beloved administrators like his adventures, there has to be something about this series.
But stop it, people : I read TOO MANY comic-books these days !!
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Robin
Lubber
Lubber

A Confession.

Post by Robin »

Y The Last Man and Fables just rock. I'm also enjoying Teen Titans, Action Comics and Superman a great deal. I will likely start picking up JLA with the Chuck Austen arc too, and Birds of Prey because I've read very positive things about it.

Robin
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

A Confession.

Post by Nandireya »

Fear not, dear Crawler, thou hast commited no great sin. Though I myself will never be a DC Fan over recent years I have been becoming less and less of a Marvel Fan, with less and less of their titles finding a home with me...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
black mamba
Lubber
Lubber

A Confession.

Post by black mamba »

Originally posted by Crawler
I feel weird.

I feel guilty.

For the first time since I started reading comics about 12 years ago, I can call myself a DC fan.

I was a hardcore Marvelite forever. X-Men and Spider-Man titles, mostly...but with the number of those coming out each month, I was never short of reading material.

I had no interest in DC's heroes and I even sporadically would argue as to why Marvel's characters were better.

I still think that Marvel's characters are better...but I now have more interest in DC titles than in Marvel titles.

So there's my big confession: I AM A DC FAN.

My pull list is still slightly bigger on the Marvel side, but there are four titles that I really anticipate reading each month now...and they're all DC.

Action Comics, The Flash, Fables, and Y: The Last Man.

Yes. Two core universe titles starring two of the biggest DC characters are now on my 'must read' list. And THAT is why I feel dirty.

i never quite understood why people would only stick with marvel but would never branch out to dc and vice versa. if i see a good comic in the rack be it image,dc,topcow, even by satan himself if its a good story i'll buy it. i just don't understand why it isn't the same for everyone else.
the black mamba- a deadly poisonous snake, its bite is quick and always accurate.
Gambit~Iceman
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

A Confession.

Post by Gambit~Iceman »

Teen Titans is another good book in itself. Hey Bamfette what happend to a bunch of the theards in this section, the general discussion ones? X-Men general disscussion, Superman GD, etc.
You can be pushed just so far, until one day the man has to claim what is rightfully his!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

A Confession.

Post by Crawler »

I moved them to the "Discussion by Title" forum. ;)
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

A Confession.

Post by Bamfette »

and i think that the reasoning for sticking with one company is that each universe had a very different feel, especially when it came to superheroes. and now it seems DC is trying something a bit new, something that is more appealing to Marvel fans.... that, and until a little while ago you had to follow most of the books in the line, and/or the character's histories to even follow what was going on, for either universe. now it is easier topick and choose titles based on the individual character, and not even that, you can now pick only one book for each character instead of being required to buy 3 Spidey books and 3 Superman books. now you can buy one Spidey and one Supes, the thers be damned. if i only want ot read the MK Spder-Man from Marvel, and Action Comics from DC, so be it..... so it is just cheaper and easier now to follow both companies at once.
sapphirescimitar
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

A Confession.

Post by sapphirescimitar »

It must be the newer comics of DC you all are talking about (of course)... Because I've got loads of DC comics, and they're okay.. I like Wonder Woman and a few different ones (perhaps ones none of you have heard of :whistle), but the rest are merely okay.
Cocnuts.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

A Confession.

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

DC universe was crappy and boring for so long. They've got some decent superhero comics now, I guess I've heard, though the only non-Vertigo DC title I read every month is Birds of Prey. (Gail Simone!!!)

What I'm REALLY hoping for is that this will push Marvel to do better in their superhero titles. Get some real competition going! Yeah! Cause Marvel has the best universe and best characters. Period. They just need more motivation to do something good with them.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir