Jack of Fables

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Jack of Fables

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Ok, I didn't exactly know how this would work when I heard about it. I like Jack ALOT, and I loved his whole Hollywood story in Fables. I'm just not sure he can carry a whole book...

But so far it's pretty damn good. I really like this odd compound and learning more about Revise and his whole deal in the newest issue. And Goldilocks. She is fucking NUTS! I LOVE that she's back though!!

Anyone know who this Mary Mary is?? And isn't Babe supposed to be BLUE?! (I think they even refer to her as blue at one point...but she wasn't colored blue. Colorist mistake I suppose).
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Jack of Fables

I figured out who Mary Mary is fyi..

Is no one else reading this book? It's SO wonderful! Jack is such a delightful asshole, and I'm loving all the other new fables in it. I really don't know much about fables to begin with, but it's cool to see all these I have never even heard of. Willingham does his research ;).

Come on!! Read it!! It's good!! I promise!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Jack of Fables

Post by idsunki »

I am also reading this, and I also recommend it.

I mean, what is more awesome than fairies imprisoned in cages giving each other tats, and due to the ... flighty nature of fairies, one's tattoo never gets finished so her knuckles read "Love - Hat" across them instead of "Love - Hate"?

It's much more over-the-top than Fables, but that's because Jack is an over-the-top kind of guy. Anything he does, he tries to do it the best he can. When he succeeds, he's on top of the world. When he fails, he's lower than dirt. Brilliant stuff.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Jack of Fables

Oh yeah, the fairies were great. I think it was pretty clear they were all...well, doing what women in prison would be stereotypically thought to do with a lack of men.

I love that they brought back Goldilocks and would like to see more of her. She's SO out of her mind.