What is the Worst thing people could do to change Nighty?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

What if they give Kurt a secondary mutation that made him become a brimstone creature who had to live in a containment suit???

That would stink:LOL
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power, Green Lantern's light! "
--Green Lantern's Oath

Inferno (on TV): "BUUUURRRRRRRRN!"
Butt-head: "Hey, Beavis, he said 'burn'."
Beavis: "Yeah! Yeah! 'Burn' is cool! Fire, fire, fire!"
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

In a fit of rage and disallusion, Kurt rapes someone.

Hey, you asked what the WORST could be ;)
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

In a huge explosion, Nightcrawler's body is destroyed and only his brain survives, in a special device at Hank's lab:eek
--Green Lantern's Oath

Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Nah, no Remy talk from me :P

I'm not horribly worried about NC getting a blow to the head and having irreversable trauma. If they were gonna do that, they'd have to do it to EVERY FRIKKIN' CHARACTER IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE! Face it, comics are kind of like professional wrestling this way: if they actually suffered the real effects from their injuries, we'd have a lot more deaths and a lot more "retired characters".

The worst thing, for me, would be going against his character. a 100% turn-around, for no apparent reason. I started to read a fanfic piece (X2 based), where NC was slowly going psychotic, and the writer warned us up front that NC wouldn't be sympathetic by the end. Well, it was well-written, but NC's actions were so out of character to me (he raped someone, and it looked like it was gonna get worse) that I just couldn't enjoy it. It was a cognitive dissonance.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
Nah, no Remy talk from me :P

I'm not horribly worried about NC getting a blow to the head and having irreversable trauma. If they were gonna do that, they'd have to do it to EVERY FRIKKIN' CHARACTER IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE! Face it, comics are kind of like professional wrestling this way: if they actually suffered the real effects from their injuries, we'd have a lot more deaths and a lot more "retired characters".

The worst thing, for me, would be going against his character. a 100% turn-around, for no apparent reason. I started to read a fanfic piece (X2 based), where NC was slowly going psychotic, and the writer warned us up front that NC wouldn't be sympathetic by the end. Well, it was well-written, but NC's actions were so out of character to me (he raped someone, and it looked like it was gonna get worse) that I just couldn't enjoy it. It was a cognitive dissonance.
I'm w/you there. Half of Marvel's characters would be incapable of forming complete sentences if they actually suffered the effects of their injuries.

As for the worst thing, I agree with you there. I've read (rather started) the fic you mentioned and I just couldn't finish even the first chapter because it didn't even feel like reading about Nightcrawler it was so completely out of character. No matter how well written it was it couldn't make up for the fact that I could just never picture Kurt acting that way.

TKD
Deadcell
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Deadcell »

Worst thing they could do would be to make him a side kick to cyclops!ew........:evil:eek
I rarely have much to say.....I must go out more..........
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW! Cyke sidekick! Yucky!
As I stated before, a twin brother t'in' wit' Remy would be way bad...but you're right. Not as bad as de totally out of character stuff.
Anot'er bad t'in'. What if dey made him an' Mystique become amnesiacs, an' den marry each other! Eeeewww! Dat would be way gross!
Or if dey relate him to anymore already established X-Men. His family tree is kinda gettin' a bit full now...if dey made dat happen dey might as well make half de X-Men related...I don' t'ink dey should make all de X-Men family. It jus' won' work.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Pirotess
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Pirotess »

OK killing him (permanently) or casting him into the abyss of comicdom oblivion (same thing) would be the worst.
Of course Kurt IS quite popular, and this IS Marvel. So no chance of that happening. phew.

I can swallow anything else, as long as it is intelligently explained, and is compatible to the character's personality and his past. I don't mind him changing, but not overnight. And when you have a character like Nightcrawler who has been in the Marvel universe for so long, well, he's been through nearly every type of tragedy, trauma, mood swing and event possible. So we have come to expect certain behavior patterns from him, depending on the situation. If he suddenly gets all grim, or evil, or ascetic for no logical reason, i be mad. It sometimes feels however, like fans have more respect toward characters than writers and editors do.

Oh yeah, and if Kurt stopped flirting or got married and never looked at another woman again.. that would make me go into therapy too.
~1 of these days i'll gather enough courage to say something to Dave Cockrum :blush ~
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

What if Kurt gets an adamantium skeleton and claws?:LOL:eek

And then they take them out and it's revealed that one of his mutations were bone claws?
:rolleyes
--Green Lantern's Oath

Angel of the Night
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Angel of the Night »

just please,
pleeeeease!
*gets down on knees and beggs*
dont take away his faith and beliefs!!!!!
he'd never be the same!!!! :cry :bawl
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

Just imagine if they take out his fur, made him become a woman and changed his name to Consuelo???:eek:LOL::eek
--Green Lantern's Oath

TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

OR He could just adopt Jackson Five's Afro hairstyle...:eek::LOL::eek
--Green Lantern's Oath

Indigo elf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Indigo elf »

He wakes up one day and decides he'd rather be a blonde. One big blonde elf. :eek
oldfuzzyelf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by oldfuzzyelf »

Well for one they trim his tail to a nub and give him white shoes, overalls and hat to make him Smurfcrawler.

Another is watching as the writers over several issues unlock his untapped infinite power through his dark side only to have both exponentially grow out of his control so that he has to destroy himself to save all mankind as Dark Nightcrawler.

Other ideas:
-The Trial of Nightcrawler
-Kurt Wagner: Agent of Shield
-Give him a costume that is actually an alien symbiote that he later rejects and fights
-Queer Eye for a Blue Guy
-Have him open mouth kiss Madonna on the VMA's
-Walk-on role as Debra Messing's love interest for two episodes of "Will & Grace"

If I think about it, I have been quite happy with Nightcrawler's development under almost ALL writers (except for the time they switched artists during the two issues of the Lighting Squad fight in the beginning of the excalibur series. Someone owes me $5 for that piece of sh*t).

There are a lot of more bad that could have been done. The only thing that I would not forgive is that he just GAVE UP and be the demon every one expects him to be.
Yma
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Yma »

I've got to agree with a lot of the above comments. I can stand for them to do just about anything to Kurt, as long as it's inteligently written, gentally introduced and comes to a satisfying conclusion. I think I'm reading the rape fic now. She/he's only on chapter 2, right? I don't mind it... it's different and... kinda spooky. But I only appreciate it as a Fan-Fic. I wouldn't want to see anything like that in Cannon (not that this is very likely...) Nah, I could put up with most things they do to Nighty... so long as it isn't perminant (unless it's a REALLY good plot device) and it's well handled.
Death would not be good.
But other than that... I'm up for anything.
I currently lack a witty signature. Isn't it tragic?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

What if he became a dis-embodied head in a jar that floated around and gave philosophical advice. He'd be on FUTURAMA!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Beboots »

Originally posted by Pirotess
Oh yeah, and if Kurt stopped flirting or got married and never looked at another woman again.. that would make me go into therapy too.
Hmm... But weren't Kurt and Wanda married at one point? I know they never actually showed it, but one of Kurt's AU kids (Nocturne? I don't really know) had married parents.... Or maybe I'm just horribly mal-informed. :X

*wanders off into random sunset*
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

Nonono... Kurt and Wanda from THAT reality got married and had TJ, but Kurt and Wanda from 616 rality never got together...
--Green Lantern's Oath

NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I know the worst thing. He becomes a priest and ends up sexually assulting little children. That kinda reminds me of Wanda Sykes Tongue Untied... That priest bit was pretty funny.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

:eek Nightpoofer... don't even joke about that. Really. That's downright disturbing.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by MabusRex
In a fit of rage and disallusion, Kurt rapes someone.

Hey, you asked what the WORST could be ;)
:o :o

i dunno why..but you made me laugh..i guess is because i pictured your face.
:p
ok don't pay attention to me..i drank too much coffee today.
Pirotess
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Pirotess »

Heya Beboots.
Nocturne is from an alternate reality/future, so we never saw our Kurt play wife-hand-holding in the delivery room.. And if he ever got married, well, i must've been in denial and have erased the event from my mind.. so danke for the trauma. OK therapy now. Will you be picking up the bill? Thanx.
~1 of these days i'll gather enough courage to say something to Dave Cockrum :blush ~
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

That's it, Pirotess, howeva, if you look at New X-Men #123 on the first panel of page 18 (dunno if it's completely accurate) there's a girl that looks TOO much like Kurt, even more than TJ, since she also has the tail... Is that hust mutation coincidence or does she belong to Kurt's secret past?;):LOL:D
--Green Lantern's Oath

bamfelf
Lubber
Lubber

Well....

Post by bamfelf »

They did do horrible things to the movie Crawler. Numero Uno: NO FUR!!!!! what the fuck was up with that? I was all psyched to see fuzzy in a movie role, and then they screwed that up!!! At least Alan Cumming could pull off a good German accent. I would have absolutely murdered the producers if he hadn't. Well that's my rant...... :blush
Think of me, sweet child
As all other things drift away
Sock Munkey
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sock Munkey »

I just had a thought, what if that demon guy who claims to be Nighty's father had already contacted him and spilled the beans. Wouldn't THAT be a plausible reason for Kurt becoming a priest?
(wasn't sure where to post this)