Should Nightcrawler carry a sword?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Q: Should Nightcrawler Carry a sword?

A:

uhhh... YEAH! :doh!
:engarde <--- That icon exists for one sole purpose!

And yes that link from U/A is BAD-ASS I loved that part of the game!

Also read AoA and see how bad ass Kurt & Sword are.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Alright, folks, I admit to utter and abysmal ignorance about swordplay etc, but here's my main reason why I think The Blue Guy (as my friends refer to him) should carry a sword, at least most of the time:

He's a born swashbuckler! It's part of who he is!!

Anyone who sets his image inducer on "Flynnomatic" so to speak, would be clever with a sword. Although, as Willingham has him saying, he doesn't need to carry a weapon because other people have so many and are willing to share.

So, for me, it comes down to the (if one may borrow a phrase) I Wanna Be A Pirate thing. In my own dreary fanfic, I concocted a whole bunch of stuff so he would end up being a swordsman. But I admit I don't have him lugging one off on every mission, not de rigeur. More often than not, he does.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Nighty's swords give him an edge; a swords edge, so to speak. You never see swords used in fighting anymore, especially in comic books. Nighty is an amzing hand to hand combatant, and difficult to overcome even without weaponry, but the swords just make it cool. And it isn't as though he must use swords if he has them... he could port them somewhere safe until he's done fighting. Plus, Nighty doesn't have a healing factor or invulnerability like some of his teammates, so the swords kind of even the odds....
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

Should Nightcrawler carry a sword? Is that even a QUESTION?? How can he be our beloved swashbuckling hero sans sword? Where did THAT version of nighty go, anyway? I miss him.

Does the Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass still accept members? I want in!
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Me, too, me too! Gimme a number for my sig line! pleeease! :smirk
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Bobj1
Lubber
Lubber
Title: Banned

Post by Bobj1 »

Nightcrawler has the soulsword remember?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Originally posted by Bobj1
Nightcrawler has the soulsword remember?
Don't know how long that's going to last, however. Isn't Ilyana Rasputin coming back soon?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Bobj1
Lubber
Lubber
Title: Banned

Post by Bobj1 »

Well Nightcrawler is cooler than Ilyana. He kicks her butt!
BlueVelvet14
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BlueVelvet14 »

Nightie with a sword is three things:
1) Sexy as Hell!!
2) Meant to be.
3) The reason the CCCC was created, so DUH he should have one!!!:engarde :sparrow

[Edited on 6/11/08 by BlueVelvet14]
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Okay, no one is probably going to read this so I'll just go for it.
I think Kurt should have a sword, but I'm with everyone who say if he has one, then how will he use it.... I mean it's great if the bad guy has one or if you're fighting monsters or machines, but are you really going to have ol' Kurt slicin' and dicin' people?

My solution: Ilyana took the soulsword (thanks so little, Pixie) so somehow, because the soulsword was housed in him, it left sort of an 'imprint'....not of dark magic but of light...so it takes the form of a sword that Kurt can draw out anytime (maybe from an "empty" sheath he carries on his back that sort of focuses the power or something). This sword, like the soulsword cannot kill humans but can make quick work of anything inanimate or without souls like monsters and demons. If he runs a human thru, it will definitely knock the guy over, but won't cause any cuts or physical damage....just maybe knock the guy out. That way, he won't have anything in the way if he's flipping triple somersaults but he can get to it if he needs it.....AND no gory anime blood spurts everywhere.

Oh, wait....AND the sword can counteract black magic so he can stab Pixie with it and get rid of her "dark side" and the soul dagger in one swoop (knocking her on her butt in the process)...thereby ridding her of her magic....AND any ability to use spells (ie:teleportation) and so re-establishing the world order back to where it was......

....except that now Kurt's got a real cool weapon and can't be ignored by Marvel because he can get his ex-girlfriend to open up a portal right smack dab into Joe Q's office and knock that cup right out o' his hand....so he's gonna get a little more respect around here. And yes, the sword is very much like Psylocke's katana, but too bad... (if you have a problem with that, they can fight it out.....but Kurt better win)......oh, and Emma better not mess with him, because (like I said) it can only destroy inanimate objects (and those CAN'T be real!)....and Kurt can have a weapon ready for the 'war to come' and really give Mephisto hell.....

And so all will be right with the world.

So.....yes, I think Kurt should have a sword. :D
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Loved it. Better than some of the "real" stuff to which people have linked (ie X-infernus etc).

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I like it too, Jeremus. But, I don't think Kurt and Psylocke should fight over their respective swords/katanas. They should team up to fight demons and have a romance on the side. :) :love.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Hmmm......Psylocke and Kurt......she can "teleport" in shadows, she's good with a sword, and she's definitely had experience with other dimensions.....:scratch

This could work! (Unless, of course, Angel starts getting feelings for her again and gets a little jealous) But not a bad idea.....

(And didn't AoA Kurt have a mark over his eye like hers?)

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Well....Betsy cuddled Kurt in UXM#473. I think Chris Claremont had plans for them, however, if there were plans for a romance, they were scuttled by Ed Brubaker taking over in UXM#475, with the Rise and Fall of the Shiar arc.

Kurt had a mark over his eye in AOA. I didn't know Betsy did.

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Betsy’s mark was given to her by the Crimson Dawn (I think that was their name...been an age since I read the books) when they saved her life...

Kurt's mark, though red, was not the same shape and never explained...most of the AoA characters had some kind of tattooing...probably just to make them look more bad-arse than their original counterparts. Strangely it had pretty much disappeared in the AoA revisit in 2005. Maybe it was actually a big boo boo that healed...

Kurt and Betsy have flirted from time to time...I don't think it's meant to mean anything...I think it's just the nature of both of them...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Yeah, I always had assumed big booboo myself, because it would be scar tissue and fur can't grow over that...but hmm. Interesting, eh? Not like he could wear tattoos either, cause the fur would grow back over it.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Maybe it was paint, rather than a tattoo. Or maybe he dyed his fur. Could be.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Just for the record, in the second chapter of my stupid story over at fanfiction dot net, the OC discovers in Nighcrawler's closet -- a sword! Heh heh heh ...

But I don't have him using it much because I don't know anything about it, and am pathetic at writing fight scenes. Still, it's good to start off with the essence of our swashbuckling character firmly planted in the reader's mind.

CCCC 4ever!

[Edited on 7/3/09 by Elfdame]

[Edited on 7/3/09 by Elfdame]

Nitecrawlrisawesome
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nitecrawlrisawesome »

No sword! I think Nightcrawler is best as he is.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:engarde Crazy you are sir! You like him best as he is? He is the sword! And the sword is him! They are one!

Example!

That image is filled with awesome!

[Edited on 19/3/09 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

neling4 wrote:I like it too, Jeremus. But, I don't think Kurt and Psylocke should fight over their respective swords/katanas. They should team up to fight demons and have a romance on the side. :) :love.
This is a great idea and they should both join Psylocke's brother and MI-13
Nitecrawlrisawesome
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nitecrawlrisawesome »

I get it, thats true. You have a point, but does it really matter? He is good with and without the sword!
Coffeeboy
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Coffeeboy »

Teletransportation + Sword = The Best Character from X-men: Mutant Academy 2

I love this game, it's a classic but of the goods :love

BAMF!! ...and the time is no problem