Should Nightcrawler carry a sword?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Nightcrawler should definately carry a sword. Something light and easy to use, but can cause serious damage. Who would he be without a sword?

ooooh, may I please join *falls to knees begging*:bowpleeeeease?!:puppy.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Amandakity
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Amandakity »

WHAT KIND OF INSANE PERSON TOOK HIS SWORD AWAY!!!!!!!!!! THEY SHALL PAY FOR THEIR EVIL ACT AGAINST NIGHTCRAWLER!!!!!!

Sorry, haven't taken my pills today...jk...maybe
Amandakity
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Amandakity »

May i join the CCCC? I no i'm crazy and new, but please?
:?
Amandakity
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Amandakity »

I was reading about how he'll get the sword back, and when he fought his dad, he used a sword!!!! Are they going somewhere with this!!???? I sure hope so!!!!!!!!!!:?:D
Clarisa_heart
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Clarisa_heart »

Basically he need a sward or else he'll just keep getting his ass kicked. Hey I'm just saying all the really popular characters are the one's that can do some major damge and dice up the landscape.:engarde
Respect my authorita, cuz I'm Clarisa, BITCH!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Actually Kurt could do some major damage through teleportation if he was inclined to do so…like teleporting bits off people like he did in the original Age of Apocalypse…but he’s just not that kind of guy…

But…if the cover to Nightcrawler #10 is anything to go by…he just might be picking up a sharp little mystical trinket soon…of course it may mean nothing…and Claremont may not let him keep it if it does…
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

Clarisa_heart,

Kurt doesn't need a sword to kick but. obviously you haven't read the old excalibur issues. i'd like for him to have one (but would need a different suit), but he hardly needs it. Actually, i've always enjoyed watching him use his agility and fighting skills to defeat an enemy (best recent example when he fought Sage).
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Sabre. Definitely. At least that should be his preferred weapon for fencing. (Foil and epee don't appear particularly conducive to his unique grip.)
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
fuzzydude
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fuzzydude »

Count me in on the CCCC

Kurt should defintely have a sword. But if he does, that will raise the problem of finding a sword wielding baddy for him to fight. I suppose it could be an evil alternate dimension 'crawler:evil. There's always one floating around somewheres.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own

Adam Savage

Mythbusters
Art_Mage
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Art_Mage »

Heavens, YES!!!! Yes he SHOULD go with a sword. Not broadswords though--Simply not him. Often, Kurt's portrayed with Rapiers and foils. I'd prefer a cutlass or sabre, but I'll take what I can get.. ;)
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

He's definitely a sabrist...his stance and physique alone tell you that much!

:bamf
Bamf, suckas!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, he also has the speed, agility, the grip, and yes, the personality that's best suited for sabre.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

prettyminotaur and Angelique,
no offense,
but most saberists are very aggressive and lack point control. of the three fencing weapons they tend to use brute force the most often (epee is close behind). Plus saber is different from the style Kurt has used before in his swashbuckling antics (tends to rapier like E. Flynn and rapier is definetly closer to foil and epee).

kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by kurt_the_quick »

Originally posted by Amandakity
WHAT KIND OF INSANE PERSON TOOK HIS SWORD AWAY!!!!!!!!!! THEY SHALL PAY FOR THEIR EVIL ACT AGAINST NIGHTCRAWLER!!!!!!

Sorry, haven't taken my pills today...jk...maybe
sing it
pirate/swashbuckling nightcrawler is the best. :sparrow
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I never said Kurt would specialize only in sabre. But the customized grips of foil and epee would, I think, pose a unique problem to him. And the tendency of sabre to rely more on the strength of the first three fingers would be an advantage to him. Of course, these differences are nothing he couldn't overcome.
And I see more pictures of him with sabre style grips than anything else. But maybe it's because they look cool.
(By the way, my coach now has me on sabre and epee, both hands, as of this week. Being a cross-dominant multi-weapon sort is getting expensive! I've just added a lefty glove and an epee for each hand to my wish list!)

chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

:engarde I like that Nightcrawler fences. But, the issues of Excalibur that I have where he's carrying swords weren't my favorites. That said, I did like that AoA Nightcrawler used swords.

I think that while sabre or broadsword would add style, they'd also slow him down and only be useful against some enemies. (And the public might find them confusing) Besides, I like Kurt better as a pacifist who doesn't carry a weapon. I know in one of the books he chides an opponent that the problem with carrying a weapon is that if you lose it your enemy can turn around and use it on you. So, I like the idea of him going around removing weapons from a fight instead.
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Originally posted by Angelique
(By the way, my coach now has me on sabre and epee, both hands, as of this week. Being a cross-dominant multi-weapon sort is getting expensive! I've just added a lefty glove and an epee for each hand to my wish list!)
Not to question your coach's judgement or anything, but I'm really confused. What kind of event does he (she?) have you training for? I don't compete anymore and I haven't for years, but during the 10 years that I did, I never heard of anyone bothering to train both hands. It's not like you can switch hands during a bout and, there's no strategic benefit to choosing before the bout, that I can see.

And while it was never an option for me to compete in any weapon other than foil - our coach never let the guys so much as dabble in any weapon but their own once fencing season started.

So yeah, it's just got my curiosity. Is this sport fencing with an electric scoring system or some other discipline? It seems to me like spreading out your training between both hands and two weapons would mean that you never had time to really perfect one. I know that even after 20 years I still feel like I haven't mastered all the possibilities that the foil gives me in my right hand so I can't even imagine trying to do all those switches.

And fencing with three weapons at once? Well, that's just crazy... ;)

-e
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

The reason why is because I don't have a truly dominant hand to begin with, and as a dancer, muscle balance and symmetry are very important to me. While what I am doing is regular sport fencing, I am not, at this point, interested in fencing competitively, because I do more than enough travelling and spending money getting my students to dance comps.
That, and I'm still regaining strength in my hands and wrists that was lost to illness. Epee works an entirely different set of muscles than sabre, and vice versa. I find I can benefit far more from fencing this way.

Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

Kurt doesn't have to use pistol grips for epee or foil, they still make the good 'ole French grip.

Actually there are other advantages to using both hands.
For instance,
I fence both foil and epee in competitions. I fence foil with my left and epee with my right. This helps to prevent me from getting super tired. Drives people up the wall though.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

^And that can be an advantage. Being able to switch always drove the opposing team nuts when I'd play baseball or field hockey, too. At any rate- where can I find a French grip epee? If they're widely available, I'm obviously looking in the wrong place.

Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

Blue Gauntlet
http://store.blue-gauntlet.com/cgi-bin/ ... uct=G_EE_W

Triplette
http://www.triplette.com/Arms/TCA_index.htm

these are where i usually get my equipment.
lefty visconti foil
righty french epee

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Why are all the new people posting only in this topic? :P
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Because they are interested, as are we all, in the advantages of a sword-wielding Kurt. :P
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

hey

Post by elfofdoom »

I was wonding how tught the elf to use a sword?
D.croft
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja elfofdoom
I was wonding how tught the elf to use a sword?
how thought it is for elf to use a sword?
it depends of the weight and balance of the sword
if its a rapier or a katana, its not so hard.

or

Who teached him to use a sword?

hmm can anyone answer that?