Nighty Uniform!!!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

*shivers*
I'd give 'im a suit like the original (the red vesty thingy) a belt wiht an X, two gloves, (X on the wrists) and boots (two toes) only it would be black black suit, red vesty thing, red boots and gloves. (NO YELLOW!! grr...evolution..)

If you mean for a uncanny comic, i'd try to have the present suit with a red vest twist. (maybe bamfette has a drawing similar to what I mean. God knows I've tried to draw it.)
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Nandireya »

Actually...I might be reading more into it than is meant...but Evo Kurt's actually wearing his nation's colours when he's in costume...

Red, black and yellow are the colours of the German flag...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by little Blue Lucy »

I like yellow actually...
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Entropy »

the classic costume is just that...classic. it's awesome and it will be how i will always picture him. the armored look (AoA and Yu style) were cool but not quite on the mark. the late excalibur suit was cool but looked rather drafty. the leather is very modern and i really enjoy it (esp. kia's and Salvadores version). what we need though is a modern look with a touch of the old- a style that keeps the swashbuckler format...but who could draw it?

what i'd like to see though is Kurt in regular clothing more often. sort of like in recent X-treme.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Virus
Lubber
Lubber

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Virus »

Here's a pic!

Scroll down.. and tada! That's his latest official costume. :love It's my favorite so far.
Ok... so there's the steak knife, the fish knife, the butter knife, the paring knife, and the butchering knife... I have something that can beat all of these things, and you know what? It's called the knife.
:pokejoke <-- Man... I love this icon.
:smirk Okay, you take the big happy, and I'll take the small angry...
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

If I designed his costume, it would look like this

I think it combines the Cockrum design and some swashbuckler design elements pretty well, or at least that was the intent when I created it.

Here is an older, more complex version of the design.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Northstars Love »

Those are cool costumes N Zero. Love the Toon Crawler the best.:) I like your art work a lot.
Archangel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Archangel »

I like all his costumes!!!!

I dont like leather!
"There are things that go bump in the night. We are the ones who bump back." ~Professor Broom~

"When you see red: Stop. When you see blue: Bamf. And when you see the ground.. Well, I told you to stop."
~Ryo and Hushy~
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Entropy »

i thought his current costume was leather? how can you like all his costumes if you don't like the leather one? or do you personally just not like leather?
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Elwing »

Hey, I don't mind the costume he's worn in the Draco arc so far....:naughty But apart from that I stick with the original. It had an elegance most of the other designs lack, especially the current one. It got a little better with a bit of color, but I still think it is weak. The leather is just not, well, flexible enough. it looks uncomfortable. Try doing acrobatics in tight leather pants!
Also, I love the striped pants in the movie. Just loved them, and the coat too. Wouldn't mind seeing that in the comics, but it won't happen...
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

I think I will always love the classic, with the red V. It's special, I like it.

But I like his current Uncanny one too. I think it's trés cool. I've always really liked the newer ones on anyone.

I drew Kurt in a comtume once. Here it is. I really liked how it turned out. It's more movieverse though...
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Booker »

I do like the original one an awful lot. Unlike the other spandex-sporting guys, he didn't look wierd in his.

Although I dont' like how EvoKurt wears his all the time. I want to see Kurt blue sometimes without the costume, you know?

If I were to redesign the current costume, I'd make it more like the original. I like the leather thing, but the V really is Nightcrawler.
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman
Moongazer
Lubber
Lubber

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Moongazer »

Back to the original is what I want. I like all his costumes, but the original is the best.
Snoogans.
Nightcat_took
Lubber
Lubber

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Nightcat_took »

Mmm.... I like Kurt in just about anything!!! :love:love:love
May our Blue God Live Forever!
Mmmm...remylicious!:gambit

ELF!!! How many times do I have to say it?! Ask and it will get passed to yeah!~Logan
Sorry, I didn't vant to interrupt!
~Kurt :pokejoke
:nodyes:bamf Follower of the religion "Kurtism" Are you? lol...:bamf:nodyes
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Unlike some of the other X-Men, leather never really seemed to suit Kurt's abilities. It might be the "in-thing" since the first movie, but it seems to me an acrobat needs to have something that allows for freedom of movement.

Granted, the comicverse costumes are not supposed to be real leather and do have joints and panels. but I still like his classic costume best.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Gaz »

I love those costumes, N Zero!!! They are a lot like what i was thinking. The red V with a few swashbuckly-additions, and an X-belt. You read my mind!!!
I like the original, but it looks like it would be a bit uncomfortable 'down south' if you get what i mean. Like it looks like it would totally ride, and since i took ballet for 6 years, i know how painful that can be.

As for material, I would say either thin black leather (it would get hot really easy) or a kind of thick cotton with hard plastic for protection.....

do male superheroes wear a cup? That question just popped into my head......
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Salinea
Lubber
Lubber

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Salinea »

What would be absolutely lovely for a costume...though not necessarily for hardcore fighting, would be a black tuxedo with a deep red shirt and black silk tie, a black hat with red trim (like the hat that Jim Carrey wears in the Mask but without the feather) and white gloves with a red embroidered X in a circle. To complete it all, he carries a sword :love
:read Knowledge is Power!:read

I love:sparrow. Savy?

"Kill the spiders to save the butterflies...It's rational until you realize that by striving for it...you become a spider yourself." ~ Vash

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 28
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Nighty Uniform!!!

Post by Gaz »

A suit would be good, but it would be distracting it it was too baggy. it would have to be a bit fitted to his body to look more like an official costume than just some disquise....
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.