QUITTING TIME???? Kurt leaves the X-Men!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Jeremus wrote:Okay...I did it. Not the "drastic" thing I was thinking about, but I did SOMETHING. I posted a new topic at Marvel entitiled "Should Nightcrawler Die?" I went on about how he was Logan's BEST friend and how he was there for Kitty when Pete died and punched Mephisto's lights out....and now they're giving him the boot, and are thinking about killing him. I said that he's my hero and in times like this, I NEED my hero....(and other stuff like that). I hope I get some responses......maybe I should have done a poll-thing, but I didn't know how to do that. Anyway....we'll see how that goes. ( Maybe if ONE Wolvie fan emails Marvel in support of Nightcrawler, that might equal 10 Bamfers to them. )
I saw that, Jeremus. You have several responses already. I wonder what would happen if you had posted that in the Wolverine forum, under, "Should Wolverine's Best Friend Die?" Unfortunately, they would probably all say, "NO! Cyclops (or Kitty, or Jubilee, or Pixie) must not die!"
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

neling4 wrote: I saw that, Jeremus. You have several responses already. I wonder what would happen if you had posted that in the Wolverine forum, under, "Should Wolverine's Best Friend Die?"
Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea, but yes, we'd have to hope enough people even know who Wolvie's best friend is.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

We could entitle it: "Should Wolverine's Best Friend, NIGHTCRAWLER, Die?"
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

That could backfire...

"Oh, yes...if Wolverine's best friend died it would give him so much more emotional depth as he comes to term with the loss..."
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Nandireya wrote:That could backfire...

"Oh, yes...if Wolverine's best friend died it would give him so much more emotional depth as he comes to term with the loss..."
"... until, of course, he comes back, having only been mostly dead..."
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

One week to go. We will know the worst (or not) in one week.

Let us pray....

By the way, I am planning a virtual wake in the Marvel Nightcrawler Appreciation Thread on March 11. Everyone is welcome! :logan :beer (But not Joe Q. or anyone else involved in Kurt's demise):colossus:banana and I'm serving virtual Bamf cookies and rude remarks directed at Marvel. = )

[Edited on 4/3/09 by neling4]

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Until then, I am going to pray he ends up safe and such like.

If not, I will ask for my name to be changed from 'Bamfsticks' to 'Emosticks'
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I'll be there....rude remarks and all. I'll even bring the beer.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

If he survives, it will be a double celebration instead. That day is also Bandit Guru's birthday.

:party

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

And I'll bring the peach schnapps and blue curacao. (Or peaches, blueberries and a blender for the youngsters.)
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

It looks like it's going to be a wake and rude remarks. See my new thread.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Angelique wrote:And I'll bring the peach schnapps and blue curacao. (Or peaches, blueberries and a blender for the youngsters.)
Did you make that up? Because I have something similar in my fanfic called a "fuzzy elf." But I get lost as to what I've shared with whom ... sorry. Can I steal it?

And to the wake, I am bringing one Breakworld-grade bullet with someone's name on it ... no harm intended to ANYone (just a nice long space ride, and yes I'm just kidding in case the FBI is reading).
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

^Yep. Another fan and I first concocted this exceptional coctail (fuzzy, blue, sweet and strong like our favorite X-Man) and dubbed it Fuzzy Elf, too.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

So, can I steal it? I was also thinking about something that would change colours like a bamf (violet > blue) but I am not as smart as my character. If she were real, she'd figure it out! Mine had, I think, peach brandy and blue vodka, but yours sounds yummier.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Go right ahead!

the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

This may be a dumb question- but do we have an *actual* title for this issue? (Sorry if this was answered already...)
I thought I remembered reading that it was no longer to be titled "Quitting Time" and someone saw it listed as "Nightcrawler One Shot" (Oh goodness... based on page 22 I hope that's not the new title!) but I was just wondering what the name was I should be looking for when I head to the comic store.
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Okay, I just realized this morning (while I was *supposed* to be praying at Mass ... but my mind wanders so much lately) that next Wednesday I'll be entertaining my sister who'll be visiting and also taking care of some other business. You people will HAVE to read and post a total spoiler thread, okay? Puh-leez?

As if I would need to ask ... good or bad, there will be reactions a-plenty from the folk at this forum.

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Ditto. There's not one comic book store around here for like 70 miles. I know we'll be getting updates here and at the Wake, but a spoiler thread would be really nice.:D
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Someone will be sure to post a spoiler thread.

There will probably be one at Marvel, as well. If so, I will post a link to it for you.

Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

PREVIEW! First 7 pages!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... disp=table

so who here is going to start the museum?
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Who else wants to hug that sad little woman with the bamf doll?
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

(a) I want a pair of those novelty ears,
(b) glad to see he still has his sense of humour, if somewhat on the bitter or dour side, and
(c) this is why I don't read comics much anymore: my little brain can't keep up. What did he do with his rucksack?

Thanks for the link!

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I want to hug the Bamf doll. And remind the writers and editorial that Pixie is not by any stretch an equal substitute for Nightcrawler as far as strategic teleportation goes, and that, well, Nightcrawler does in fact have a couple of villains who might have a grudge against him.

love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

That writing is pretty damn horrible. Geez.