QUITTING TIME???? Kurt leaves the X-Men!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

THANK YOU for the link, Entropy! .:)

What I would like to know is, on page 7, when he says, "I really hope this is a replica.", is he referring to Widget? It looks a bit like Widget's portal.

Perhaps he just dropped his pack on the street? Maybe he checked into a hotel somewhere between the beer garden and the museum?

That statue is hilarious!:love

I am disappointed there was no good-bye scene with Logan and Piotr.

[Edited on 5/3/09 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

If this is the big climax of Nightcrawlerage, I think I'm giving up. Marvel is so out of touch with who Kurt is and what he stands for that they might as well kill him off.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

As long as he survives, there is still hope.

love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

neling4 wrote:As long as he survives, there is still hope.
As long as he is properly ashamed of his behavior in the kitchen. He could at least have left with some dignity. Gah.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Any comic book company that depends on fans hoping their stories or their grasp of characters improves is not producing a good enough product to begin with.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

"It is almost strange to remember being so...happy."

Has he been sad lately?
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

He was sad about Kitty being lost in space. Perhaps that is what he means? Or maybe something happens in X-Infernus that we don't know about yet?

Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

I was suprised that the link wasn't already on here, glad that i could be of some service :D

I have serious misgivings about this. The writer seems to know only bits and pieces. For instance the afore mentioned widget gate is cool, yet in the interview he mentions kurt is half demon WTF? the art is nice and i loved trying to identify some of the artists in the background pics of crawler (Clayton Henry's crawler is in there). guess we'll see next wed.

[Edited on 5-3-2009 by Entropy]
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Jeremus wrote:"It is almost strange to remember being so...happy."

Has he been sad lately?
I've seen him as depressed ever since he got back from Excalibur. Why wouldn't he be?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Just noticed- it appears that the Euro's taken a bit of a beating in the Marvel Universe. Or maybe they just don't know the exchange rate. 5 Euros for a pair of novelty ears is a lot. 15 is astronomical.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Isn't it funny that they still have to use torches over there in Winzeldork? Don't they have flashlights?

I just hope the surprise at the end isn't Azazel.

[Edited on 5/3/09 by neling4]

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Ugh. Some of the information that Love_of_Bob posted in the other thread has me slightly (that's *slightly*) more hopeful for the ending of this calamity, but I am still concerned.

Though, yes entropy, this is very nice to see the first seven pages. It looks like it's not *totally* random. Though I don't really see where this is going, unless it's a trap. Which would be an ironic full circle, y'know?

However; I love the bamf doll and the sort of ... "mockery" of Disney land I'm seeing. A poor-man's disney... only it's about Kurt. Heh.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

neling4 wrote: What I would like to know is, on page 7, when he says, "I really hope this is a replica.", is he
Looks like it...but I think he'd be more worried about the sentinel head...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

The lady with the Bamf dolls represents all the Bamfers who still cling to Nightcrawler despite the hard times we've had lately.....and despite the fact that Marvel has been devaluing him (which is represented by the sign).:scratch
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Jeremus wrote:The lady with the Bamf dolls represents all the Bamfers who still cling to Nightcrawler despite the hard times we've had lately.....and despite the fact that Marvel has been devaluing him (which is represented by the sign).:scratch
Very astute, Jeremus. Very astute.

So what is the symbolism behind that statue? Is he standing on a defeated Joe Q. and James Asmus?

[Edited on 6/3/09 by neling4]

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Absolutely. In spite of all that has befallen him, he stands upon the backs of those who would try to supress him. Notice how obscure their faces are.... Time/History does not recognize them. Writers come and they go, but like leaves in fall, they are eventually forgotten. Only Nightcrawler remains.:*)
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

That is very clever of Jorge Molina to insert all those subliminal messages in his art, and we are lucky to have your superior intellect and observation skills to interpret them for us. Thank you Jeremus. :)

Let us know if you spot any more.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Um ... the rucksack represents the shedding of his burdens, specifically being unappreciated by the X-men.

And the absence of a goodbye scene represents the need to quickly jump to Deutschland to save valuable paper on which the books are printed. Maybe not. Or trying to avoid the joke, "I just 'ported to Germany and boy are my arms tired." (no, it wasn't *supposed* to make sense)
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

See? Now I just thought that the disappearance of the rucksack meant that he had checked into a hotel between here:

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib ... 0_full.jpg

and here:

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib ... 2_full.jpg

But there are deeper, hidden meanings behind the disappearing rucksack.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Yes, otherwise he would've asked someone at the hotel about the museum, or been recognized, but noooo ... a huge blank ... okay, so I'm not good enough to get published, but that's the diff between stories/novels and graphic tales: with pictures, it's spottier.

Or deeply psychological ... such as the fact that all the museum dummies are blue ...
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

As long as he doesn't throw it at some bad thing in a following scene I can't see it as being anything more than something for us to pick up :D
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Nandireya wrote:As long as he doesn't throw it at some bad thing in a following scene I can't see it as being anything more than something for us to pick up :D
But, I like Elfdame's theory.

Now that we have deciphered the rucksack, I want to know about the torches. Why torches? Why not flashlights? What is the deeper, hidden meaning behind the torches, and the pitchforks too. It's so medieval.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

neling4 wrote: Now that we have deciphered the rucksack, I want to know about the torches. Why torches? Why not flashlights? What is the deeper, hidden meaning behind the torches, and the pitchforks too. It's so medieval.
Also straight out classic movies, though Kurt doesn't strike me as a Frankenstein fan.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

LOL!!!!
love_of_bob wrote:That writing is pretty damn horrible. Geez.
It's not horrible it's "classic".

I attempted to stalk the writer - this is apparently his first comic book ever but there is an actor/playwright by the same name. Hehehe! Pretty sure that's him but if you live in Chicago you can find out for sure if you go to CHALLENGERS Comics + Conversation 1845 N. Western Ave. 2R on Wednesday March 11 between 5-7pm. :shifty

Got to admit, I'm charmed.

Man, now it looks like I'm just disagreeing because I like being contrary! But I'm very sincere. It's not the worst writing I've ever read, and I've read much much worse where Nightcrawler is involved. It's a lot better than I was expecting. It's weird, it's funny, he got through seven pages without triggering my gag reflex. My expectations, they are low.

[Edited on 7-3-2009 by The Drastic Spastic]
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I can't say that I'm thrilled with the way it looks, but it's not horrific either. Scott got hit by the frugly truck though.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.