QUITTING TIME???? Kurt leaves the X-Men!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Pish. How many times has that poor boy been shot? Most recently that I can recall was in the Messiah Complex. He just heals up in enough time to get shot again. LOL

In other words, he'll do just fine. Can't be fun choking up a peice of lung, but he'll be fine.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Why did this just flash into my head?

:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Because that is what flashes through Kurt's mind at the start of a good number of story arcs? I bet there are times when he just lies in bed going.

"Oh God, I am being called away for a mission. Our mode of transportation is going to wreck, someone will have a bout of depression, and I am pretty sure I am going to get to be kicked a few times when I am down. Well, time to get on my lucky underwear and hope I don't go into a coma or something."
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Well...he does wear red...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Nandireya wrote:Isn't it supposed to be a 40 page special? 22's barely half way through the story.
Well, the actual story will only be 32 pages. Still.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I am glad to see no-one else seems to be angsting about page 22, the way I am. Last night, I was convinced that Kurt was about to die and I lay awake composing rude posts for Marvel in my head.

It is possible that Kurt will take ten pages to die. The last ten pages could be filled up with flashbacks of Kurt's life.

[Edited on 22/2/09 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

It's not likely he'll die. He's survived worse than just one gunshot wound before.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
BAMF Master
Lubber
Lubber

Post by BAMF Master »

Man now I'm even more depressed I mean the month that the comic comes out is the same month as my best friend is leaving. Now if Kurt dies I don't know what I will do. :bawl
Is he a demon or an angle? A hero or a Villain? A saint or a sinner? No matter what he choses he is still the same blue fluffy elf that we all love.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Bamfsticks wrote:Because that is what flashes through Kurt's mind at the start of a good number of story arcs? I bet there are times when he just lies in bed going.

"Oh God, I am being called away for a mission. Our mode of transportation is going to wreck, someone will have a bout of depression, and I am pretty sure I am going to get to be kicked a few times when I am down. Well, time to get on my lucky underwear and hope I don't go into a coma or something."
LMFAO!!!!!! Love this!! Wish Marvel wrote that funny. Okay, Whedon does, but still ... thx 4 the day-brightener!!!!!
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

You're welcome~

And I am sure there will be a somewhat happy ending. *is going to be optimistic damnit!*
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Bamfsticks wrote:You're welcome~

And I am sure there will be a somewhat happy ending. *is going to be optimistic damnit!*
When comic books depend on the stubbornness of the fans' optimism, however, that's not an indication that they're doing a good job. I don't want to hope in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary that a book is good. I want to know a book is good because previous books were also good. And it's hard to be optimistic about something, like Nightcrawler quitting, that I'm still convinced is a lousy idea- at least for the reasons cited.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Angelique wrote:
Bamfsticks wrote:You're welcome~

When comic books depend on the stubbornness of the fans' optimism, however, that's not an indication that they're doing a good job. I don't want to hope in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary that a book is good. I want to know a book is good because previous books were also good. And it's hard to be optimistic about something, like Nightcrawler quitting, that I'm still convinced is a lousy idea- at least for the reasons cited.
I know, as of late I have been very irked over how everything is going. And really, they should just let Kurt leave, toss him into his own mini-series without being weighed down by deep emotional stuff where he can just goof off and maybe get a chance to chillax and train?
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I vote for something with Bamfs and/or Boggies ... *sigh* those were the days ...

WOW! Just had an inspiration for how Kurt can get revenge in that "All's Fair" fic ... well now, this discussion has proved profitable (not in the monetary sense o' course) ... alright, All, back to the thread bemoaning "Quitting Time" ...
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I REALLY hate to ask this.....but the computer I use won't let me on the deviant art website. Strangely enough, it let me see 'girly nightcrawler' the other day (oh, why weren't the filters working then?)
Please:puppy.....could somebody tell me what happened.....I hear there was a shooting????

The Marvel site said...'it deepens a conflict that can only go bad for Kurt in the future....' ARE they going to kill him????!!!!

(I'm so depressed.):cry

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Bamfsticks wrote:Because that is what flashes through Kurt's mind at the start of a good number of story arcs? I bet there are times when he just lies in bed going.

I can totally see Nightcrawler hitting the alarm in the morning and saying that to himself. (I say something akin to that everytime I pick up an X-men comic.):)
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

hi Jeremus, this is just a bit off topic, but we tend to prefer not to double post, we prefer if people use the edit button and just put all their replies in one. Thanks :)
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Jeremus wrote:I REALLY hate to ask this.....but the computer I use won't let me on the deviant art website. Strangely enough, it let me see 'girly nightcrawler' the other day (oh, why weren't the filters working then?)
Please:puppy.....could somebody tell me what happened.....I hear there was a shooting????

The Marvel site said...'it deepens a conflict that can only go bad for Kurt in the future....' ARE they going to kill him????!!!!

(I'm so depressed.):cry

Kurt gets shot while battling a group of pitchfork and axe carrying peasants/woodsmen.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

neling4 wrote: Kurt gets shot while battling a group of pitchfork and axe carrying peasants/woodsmen.
Oh, well *sigh of relief* nothing unusual then. All in a day's work for our Fuzzy Elf.

BAMF Master
Lubber
Lubber

Post by BAMF Master »

How many times has Kurt been shot? So far I only know that he has been three times. But really he has been shot, fallen over 100 ft onto Logan, electrocuted, stabbed, and shot again. He really needs time off without getting hurt.
(Poor kurt :puppy please don't die. Please, please, please don't die.)
Is he a demon or an angle? A hero or a Villain? A saint or a sinner? No matter what he choses he is still the same blue fluffy elf that we all love.
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

I stumbled across these scans today; I'm glad you guys have all seen them!

I guess I experienced a little bit of the anxiousness I had when I read the last installment of The Soul Sword Trilogy, back in the day. Man, I totally freaked out. Surely a person can't survive vomitting up an entire other person!

Actually, I'm really pleased with what I see. Kurt's totally kicking ass and taking names (in a way Pixie could never hope to), so that's great. I love a lot of the random details (like those shoes!) so even if the story isn't my favorite, I don't think it's the art that will disappoint.

As far as the gunshot- any chance it's some kind of.. uhh.. holy weapon? Holy shotgun, Batman! Meant to destroy all those demons that are larking about, but might leave our hero just wounded?

Hey, I'm looking for any opportunity here.
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So someone is going all Constantine/Hellboy/Ghost Rider-y on the spirit world and they ... mistake Kurt?

... That's kinda cool.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

steyn wrote:hi Jeremus, this is just a bit off topic, but we tend to prefer not to double post, we prefer if people use the edit button and just put all their replies in one. Thanks :)
:shame I'm sorry. (I tried to edit my first post, but I couldn't figure out how to go from the edit page back to the thread to click the 'quote' icon..... I may be a comic nerd, but I'm a computer dork!) I'll figure it out and it won't happen again.
(Just think.....in a few years I'll have all this down pat :computer)

Oh...and thanks, Neling4 for the info! I appreciate it.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =473472702

Mr. Anthony Bird asks: With Nightcrawler leaving the X-Men, is there any chance of seeing him in any other books such as the Avengers titles? And any plans for some interaction between the X-Men and Avengers? It’s been a long time since one of those amazing crossovers between the two. JQ: You’ll have to wait and see as far as Nightcrawler goes. Will he live past the one-shot where he quits? And you know, an X-Men/Avengers thing ain’t a bad idea. Keep your ear to the ground.
Sometimes I really dislike Joe Q.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Will he live past the one-shot where he quits?
Ya know, when I think about X-men dying, I am reminded of part of the preface to the Eucharistic Prayer at Masses for the dead: "For your faithful people, life is changed, not ended."

heh heh heh ... Death means little to an X-man, don't you guys think? Ask Jean, or Piotr, or Wolverine (Civil War where he got kablooied to smithereens ... supposedly), or Jean, or Professor X, or Pyslocke, or Jean, or Banshee (oh, hold on, we're still waiting for his resurrection)... but the list goes on.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, death of a character, even if he or she gets better, sometimes means something to me. With few exceptions, my interest in the X-books tends to go where Nightcrawler goes. If he's comatose, on vacation, dead, or even just really badly written, I don't read.