QUITTING TIME???? Kurt leaves the X-Men!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I sent him a friend request with a mildly creepy personal message. Hehehe, I'm such a freak! :D
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Creepiness aside, I'd be interested to see if you got any response.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Elfdame wrote:Um ... the rucksack represents the shedding of his burdens, specifically being unappreciated by the X-men.
Elfdame is right. Very good observation. (Uhh....did anyone notice he was also carrying a suitcase?)

Here are a few more:
As he leaves, he gets into a car with a driver. He does not drive himself.....he's "being driven" (by some need) to go to Winzeldorf.

The museum represents the memories of his past. He throws open the doors (of his mind) and looks upon all of those memories that he's "shelved" and put behind glass cases. Now he's free (after the shedding of the rucksack) to look at them and remember.....
But of course, memories and one's past can be double-edged swords (represented by the two swords he stands between in the last panel). [These look like cutlasses.....so the CCCC will have that one glimmer of happiness from this issue...if nothing else.]

I have not yet figured out the significance of Cyclops eating his Wheaties (or are those Chex?)....nor have I figured out the torches. However, I have noticed that the sign saying ' Winzeldorf: the Home of Nightcrawler' has an image of Nightcrawler that looks suspiciously like Bamfsticks' avatar....which is just weird. Perhaps, unknowingly, Bamfsticks has a part to play in all of this.....:scratch

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I say this in all possible kindness, Jeremus: you think too much.

Of course I'm kidding! That was GREAT! It's nice to be having fun with the new issue. Even if some have, ahem, issues with it, at least the novelty causes ideas to issue forth.

Loved the sword part, very clever. If I had time, I'd head back and scrutinise the sacred images for further hidden meanings ... oh, and maybe there are, like, teaspoons and paddles and stuff like Highlights' "Hidden Pictures"!
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Thanks Elfdame! I have to have something to do while I'm waiting for March 11.....otherwise I will go down the whirling spiral of madness. (And, yes, I know I'm already there.):D
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I am really enjoying your analyses, Jeremus.

I noticed that Kurt was holding a handle in his right hand, while passing the bar, which one would assume was attached to something. We never see the suitcase, however.

I am going to think about those torches.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Jeremus wrote: I have not yet figured out the significance of Cyclops eating his Wheaties (or are those Chex?)....nor have I figured out the torches. However, I have noticed that the sign saying ' Winzeldorf: the Home of Nightcrawler' has an image of Nightcrawler that looks suspiciously like Bamfsticks' avatar....which is just weird. Perhaps, unknowingly, Bamfsticks has a part to play in all of this.....:scratch
Spoiler: Bamfsticks= The Creator of the Universe?
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Torches ... hmmm ... torches ... AH! *lightbulb goes off over grey head* either:
(1) a new Age Of Enlightenment shall soon begin,
or
(2) Johnny Storm is gonna show up and they'll both do the "Hi, we're babe magnets" routine,
or
(3) Nighty's gonna admit he got burned by so many writers who didn't know how to utilise his many awesome faculties
or
(4) the writer thinks he can "shine a light" on the character,
or
(5) they plan to do a remake of Disney's Beauty and the Beast , with Lumiere changed into a dashing Deutsch guy,
or
(6) ___________ {fill in the blank here}
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

The store was all out of D batteries?

Villager #1: "Damnit! How will we find him now?"

Villager #2: "Flaming torches?"

Villager #1: "But that's so 18th century!"

Villager #2: "They are great for ambiance, though."

Villager #1: "True...they do set the proper mindless mob hunting innocent monster mood..."
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I like the way you two think. I'll just pick one of those.

My buddy nitecrala posted a list of his theories on this book at Marvel. This one is my favorite:

3. It has nothing really to do with the town and is just one nutty fan. Then my money is on Neling yup she sent the letter.
I've been found out.
:whistle

[Edited on 9/3/09 by neling4]

BAMF Master
Lubber
Lubber

Post by BAMF Master »

Wait, Winzeldorf was the same area where Kurt was chased and joined the x-men first. Right? and when he quits he returns there and is chased again. That has to mean something.
Is he a demon or an angle? A hero or a Villain? A saint or a sinner? No matter what he choses he is still the same blue fluffy elf that we all love.
Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

BAMF Master wrote:Wait, Winzeldorf was the same area where Kurt was chased and joined the x-men first. Right? and when he quits he returns there and is chased again. That has to mean something.
Yeah, Kurt should really avoid Winzeldorf.
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Bamfsticks wrote:
BAMF Master wrote:Wait, Winzeldorf was the same area where Kurt was chased and joined the x-men first. Right? and when he quits he returns there and is chased again. That has to mean something.
Yeah, Kurt should really avoid Winzeldorf.
Scott said as much in the preview.
LIV4TheObsession
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LIV4TheObsession »

No one ever listens to Scott.
DeviantArt: http://liv4theobsession.deviantart.com/

"Your life is not back and white but it is the million shades of grey that make you who you are." ~ Unknown
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I don't.

Who is this Scott of whom you speak?

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

If only we listened to Scoot.
Scurt?

Scotty??
Wait who were we talking about? Oh,well, he must suck too much for me to remember.

I have a feeling someone's gonna shoot Kurt in Wizzledork. :( That's obnoxiously ironic.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I think this must be some more artwork from the book. It is by the co-artist, and it was submitted two days ago:

http://ardian-syaf.deviantart.com/art/N ... -115113976

It looks like the X-Men show up to help Kurt out.

So...who do you think is the guy in the circle? Is it Juggernaut? Or perhaps a fat Magneto? Note the helmet.

[Edited on 9/3/09 by neling4]

Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

Good catch neling.

When i saw the co-artist credit i was hoping it was just someone helping with backgrounds. This art is much poorer than the other and the two together will be very jarring. Was Marvel in such a rush that they had two artists doing this? Give me a break. I had never heard of Jorge Molina but was happy with his rendition.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Early review up here.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

The man can wield up to four blades proficiently if he decides to just stand on one leg.
The reviewer obviously knows his X-man.

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

neling4 wrote:So...who do you think is the guy in the circle? Is it Juggernaut? Or perhaps a fat Magneto? Note the helmet.
Random cosplayer?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

love_of_bob wrote:Early review up here.
Did you write that?
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

That must be Mephisto, according to the latest review at CBR.

It seems this book is going to validate the Draco arc.

And the morons at Marvel think we will like this?

Please excuse my French, but this makes me really mad. :yell

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, I wouldn't mind a sort of continuation of the third solo series. The only problem is that it would have to actually be a continuation of the solo series, and is there any talk about that?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Okay no... wait... WHAT?
Why on earth was Marvel so desperate to squeeze out this issue (which according to the review- leaves us with no earth shattering new situation by the end) that they required the work of two artists?

I *vastly* preferred Molina's work- I was actually *excited* looking at those first pages that were posted. Is it anything remotely like common practice to switch off in the middle like that?

Gross. Barf. Yuck.

And here I was thinking that if all else failed, the art would be a keeper.
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."