QUITTING TIME???? Kurt leaves the X-Men!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm with Ange. I have a feeling Joe Q is going to have an uprising on his hands.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Jeremus wrote: Oh...and thanks, Neling4 for the info! I appreciate it.
You are welcome, Jeremus! :)

As to the Cup O'Joe Blog, I agree with Angelique also. If Kurt dies, I will never buy another Marvel comic again, unless he miraculously comes back to life.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Well...without Kurt...how many of us have an incentive to buy a Marvel comic?

4paws has Gambit...Elfdame has Spidey...as far as I know the rest of us read Marvel pretty much for Nighty...so no Nighty, no money for Marvel...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Nandireya wrote:Well...without Kurt...how many of us have an incentive to buy a Marvel comic?

4paws has Gambit...Elfdame has Spidey...as far as I know the rest of us read Marvel pretty much for Nighty...so no Nighty, no money for Marvel...
I don't think the people who read Marvel only for Kurt are numerous enough to cause a dent in Marvel's income. They killed both Jean and Kitty, after all. Heck, they killed Captain America.
That said, I don't think Kurt's gonna die. At least not in the one-shot.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

love_of_bob wrote: I don't think the people who read Marvel only for Kurt are numerous enough to cause a dent in Marvel's income. They killed both Jean and Kitty, after all. Heck, they killed Captain America.
Is Kitty really dead? I thought she was still alive in that stupid bullet thing.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Nandireya wrote:Well...without Kurt...how many of us have an incentive to buy a Marvel comic?
Elfdame has Spidey
Er, *severe blush* actually, I check 'em out of the library. I don't really care for the modern stuff too much. I buy old ones but haven't bought a new one since early 1980's. I bought a trade pb copy of the first issues of Excalibur because it had Kurt in it ... and Kitty, so that was actually spending money on "new" (as in freshly printed and not secondhand) stuff.

Ult_Sm has Spidey, but I think he might be reconsidering those purchases, eh?

And as far as the bullet, I thought somebody said they got her out of that. Guess not. *plots a way to out-"joss" Whedon...*

Oh, and wouldn't it make a delightful Scrawler challenge to either (a) retcon/nullify/'splain-away whatever nonsense they come up with in "Quitting Time", or (and you know what I'm about to say!) rescue Kitty from the bullet?

Yeah, I ran perilously close to off-topic, but not totally.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Elfdame wrote:
Oh, and wouldn't it make a delightful Scrawler challenge to either (a) retcon/nullify/'splain-away whatever nonsense they come up with in "Quitting Time", or (and you know what I'm about to say!) rescue Kitty from the bullet?

Yeah, I ran perilously close to off-topic, but not totally.
Bullet somehow rips a hole in space-time, makes Kitty go back before the entire 'Holy Wars' thing and crash land on the Pontiff, thus being able to retcon everything in a most deus ex machina way?
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

love_of_bob wrote:
I don't think the people who read Marvel only for Kurt are numerous enough to cause a dent in Marvel's income. They killed both Jean and Kitty, after all. Heck, they killed Captain America.
Just when I start to think I'm the only one around with a shred of sense...
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

[rquote=33686007&tid=11331&author=neling4]http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =473472702

Mr. Anthony Bird asks: With Nightcrawler leaving the X-Men, is there any chance of seeing him in any other books such as the Avengers titles? And any plans for some interaction between the X-Men and Avengers? It’s been a long time since one of those amazing crossovers between the two. JQ: You’ll have to wait and see as far as Nightcrawler goes. Will he live past the one-shot where he quits? And you know, an X-Men/Avengers thing ain’t a bad idea. Keep your ear to the ground.
Sometimes I really dislike Joe Q.[/rquote]

Didn't Joe Q. say something on one of his posts about how Nightcrawler fans would LIKE the "Quitting Time" one-shot??? He can't possibly think that we would enjoy a story about Kurt getting blasted to kingdom come......unless he's just cruel.

Yep! On "MyCup O' Joe Week 36".....and I quote:

JQ: Your eyes aren't deceiving you, Neiling [ yes, he got your name wrong!]. In this issue, Kurt quits the X-men.....If this is any consolation, Bamfers, it's a great story that Nightcrawler fans will LOVE!...."

If Kurt does die....1. Joe Q. is a very cruel man with a very bad sense of humor
2. I'm not giving him any more of my money.

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I'm inclined to give Joey Q. the benefit of the doubt and assume that maybe he just doesn't really know what we Nighty fans really like.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I will inform him.:evil

In fact, I'm thinking of doing something drastic. It may not work at all.....but I think I have to try. I'll let ya'll know what happens....(or if I completely chicken out).

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Maybe it will turn out to be something awesome! Something epic and will make us weep at the beauty of it?
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Bamfsticks wrote:Maybe it will turn out to be something awesome! Something epic and will make us weep at the beauty of it?
I like you. You have the heart of a true Nightcrawler. I hope you're right.....then we can all sit back and laugh at all our crying and ranting and raving. I'm truly looking forward to that.:)
Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

I got my doubts because seriously, poor Kurt has really been ran through the ringer. (If I were him, I would've thrown my X-Labled spandex away by now so I could have a break.) But, right now I am trying to fill my head with happy.

So I am going to build up my hopes! Yes, so if they are crushed and ruined I will go back to my fall back plan of loving Pixie so she will be killed off or be written out.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Thank you for using your mutant abilities for good. (Can you also like Emma too?):D
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Like Cyclops too.

I just did something, also. I shot off an email to someone who made the mistake of giving me his email address.:D I want to find out if Kurt is truly in danger of being killed off, after all, if Marvel can kill Banshee, shoot Kitty Pryde into space and create Brand New Day, what won't they do?

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

neling4 wrote:Like Cyclops too.

I just did something, also. I shot off an email to someone who made the mistake of giving me his email address.:D I want to find out if Kurt is truly in danger of being killed off, after all, if Marvel can kill Banshee, shoot Kitty Pryde into space and create Brand New Day, what won't they do?
You must tell us how it works out. ♥

And Cyc is next on my list (I already like Emma, but not tonnes)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Now just don't like Pixie too much. I'd like her to decide never again to use magic and to go back to being a funny supporting character. I don't want her to die or get written out a la Kurt.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Angelique wrote:Now just don't like Pixie too much. I'd like her to decide never again to use magic and to go back to being a funny supporting character. I don't want her to die or get written out a la Kurt.
But the question is, will that still be possible for her or is she far too gone?
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I think this explains a lot:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090301- ... -xmen.html

"I have the biggest crush on Pixie", revealed Fraction when asked what his favorite characters to write are

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Okay....

It's official.

*throws Marvel into the toilet*.

"Screw you guys I'm gong home."
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Ult_Sm86 wrote: "Screw you guys; I'm gong home."
Seems not only are the characters screwing each other, the authors screw the characters.

Vodka and oj, anyone?
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

[sits there with a forced smile on her face.]

Maybe he should start just writing fanfics?
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Okay...I did it. Not the "drastic" thing I was thinking about, but I did SOMETHING. I posted a new topic at Marvel entitiled "Should Nightcrawler Die?" I went on about how he was Logan's BEST friend and how he was there for Kitty when Pete died and punched Mephisto's lights out....and now they're giving him the boot, and are thinking about killing him. I said that he's my hero and in times like this, I NEED my hero....(and other stuff like that). I hope I get some responses......maybe I should have done a poll-thing, but I didn't know how to do that. Anyway....we'll see how that goes. ( Maybe if ONE Wolvie fan emails Marvel in support of Nightcrawler, that might equal 10 Bamfers to them. )
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Elfdame wrote:
Ult_Sm86 wrote: "Screw you guys; I'm gong home."
Seems not only are the characters screwing each other, the authors screw the characters.

Vodka and oj, anyone?
Yes, please. Until X-Men Forever and the All New, All Different First Class come out.