WRITE TO JOE Q!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Elfdame »

neling4 said
What's that on the bottom of your post?
That's the OLD banner. Not a Halloween one. 'S okay, though, your stories were better. Especially "Portrait," *sigh*.

And, according to Angelique
I never won a banner for any of my fics, but that didn't stop me from writing any sequels.
It ain't a lack of banners, it's my lack of creativity. Also:
The drawback to fanfic is that the latest by Elfdame never shows up in my box at the comic book store on Wednesdays.
What? And bore you to tears? Our library got a bunch of new Spidey books so I'm in heaven ... and the dirty dishes are still in the sink. So I guess I can understand you "real" fans and how it would be to have a regular supply of issues, and then wait, and be disappointed.

But, yeah, my subscribers are emailing me now, like, "When are you putting up the next part of the romance?" and I'm all, like, "Um, when the Muse figures out a few things with the backstory. Then I'll be good for the 30K I've already written for the next curve."

Maybe that's how it is with the "real" writers. They can't get their stories straight or decide on one idea and follow it, but *they* have deadlines and also have to synchronize with other creatives.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by neling4 »

Well, well, well.. I guess I should have expected this. Not a single acknowledgment of any of our questions:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =462669205
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Nandireya »

Either he doesn't want to spill something...or he wants to string us along and get as much money out of us as he can before we quit Marvel along with Kurt...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by neling4 »

Also, did you notice that only questions asked via "Twitter" will be answered next week? It makes me wonder if they are trying to screen out a certain unsavvy"fanatical and weird" old lady? I have no idea how to Twitter.

I think I'll go sign up now. ;)

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Nandireya »

To be honest, I didn't actually read it...my interest in comics has seriously waned...Nightcrawler...and the hopes that he'd actually do something...is the only thing keeping me reading the X-Books...his absence will no doubt lead to an increase in my disposable income.

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by love_of_bob »

I don't think that trying to reason with Mr.Quesada is going to get us anywhere. Just ask the Jean fans.
Besides, Kurt leaving the X-men could be a GOOD thing. He at the very least won't be drawn by Greg Land.
One reason for hoping that they've got plans for him is the Wolverine and the X-men cartoon. It would be weird to send him off into Limbo just as they release a cartoon where he has an important role.
And then there's all the official promises Marvel has been making about turning him back into swashbuckling mode and giving him a more prominent role. Not that I would put it past Marvel to lie...
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Nandireya »

It might not be a lie so much as a change of plans...

But having just recently seen some of the new animated Nighty, it's good to see him respected there...he kicks serious butt!

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

LOL you sound like Spock. "Not a lie... just a change of plans."

Marvel is getting very bold in their decisions and I have... very, very, very little faith in them, but what faith I do have is that they have someone (someone i tell you!!) exploring the online fan boards and making sure they're not losing total fan-interest. I have reason to believe that someone, at some point, is going to acknowledge our plight... even if it is one of us who has to step up and write a good story for Marvel under their employment in the undeterminable future.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Jeremus »

Hey ya'll--
I'm new to Nightscrawlers. This will be my first post. Just wanted to let it be known, I wrote to Joe Queseda on his Week 36 page when he confirmed that Nightcrawler would be leaving. I also wrote to Marvel on the Marvel.com website (don't know if they ever read those emails). I basically told them that if Nightcrawler goes... he's taking me with him. I won't buy any more X-men titles. I know that may seem drastic for some, but in my opinion, what's the point.... if they're taking one of the most unique characters ever to be created in the Marvel AND DC universes and using him for background decoration and (as it was pointed out before) the X-men's doormat. I seriously hope he's going to be a regular somewhere else...but I'm not holding my breath. Whether they pay any attention or not, everyone should write to Joe Queseda or Marvel or whomever and let their opinion be known. At least you can say you tried.

Just my opinion!:rolleyes
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Here, here Jeremus!

I concur 100%. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Joe Quesada is Marvel's Michael Eisner. Flash, colors, drama, and product in bulk. Nothing in there about actual quality, story, and most importantly, heavy use of the blue elf. :tail
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by neling4 »

Jeremus wrote:Hey ya'll--
I'm new to Nightscrawlers. This will be my first post. Just wanted to let it be known, I wrote to Joe Queseda on his Week 36 page when he confirmed that Nightcrawler would be leaving. I also wrote to Marvel on the Marvel.com website (don't know if they ever read those emails). I basically told them that if Nightcrawler goes... he's taking me with him. I won't buy any more X-men titles. I know that may seem drastic for some, but in my opinion, what's the point.... if they're taking one of the most unique characters ever to be created in the Marvel AND DC universes and using him for background decoration and (as it was pointed out before) the X-men's doormat. I seriously hope he's going to be a regular somewhere else...but I'm not holding my breath. Whether they pay any attention or not, everyone should write to Joe Queseda or Marvel or whomever and let their opinion be known. At least you can say you tried.

Just my opinion!:rolleyes
Thank you, Jeremus, for taking action and welcome aboard!

As I understand it, Joe Quesada has abandoned answering questions from the Marvel forums and Myspace, and is now only answering questions posted on Twitter.

[Edited on 19/1/09 by neling4]

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Nandireya »

It may sound drastic, Jeremus...but the truth is Kurt's the only reason I've been buying the X-titles at all of late...so you're not alone.

I'm sick of Wolverine...I've never liked Cyclops and the White [insert derogative term here]...I don't know Pixie from a hairbrush (and haven't been impressed with what I've seen so far)...I haven't liked Storm since they reconfigured her to fit with Black Panther...and though I like Hank, he's not enough to make me shell out $6.00 a book (or whatever it is they're costing me lately...I haven't been to the comicshop in ages).

With Kurt gone there's nothing to keep me reading...

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Angelique »

I know the feeling. I like Beast, but not enough to keep my buying. Pixie was my favorite supporting character in New X-Men. Turning her into a main character and putting her on the main team has not been an improvement. At least they're doing something right in X-Infernus- acknowledging that Pixie isn't acting like herself.

I don't like Cyclops or Emma, period, and I don't like all the focus on them. Neither of them are fun characters. Emma has never been all that heroic, and Cyke isn't behaving as much so lately. What's the point of even being a superhero comic if the book isn't fun and the main characters are not heroic?

As for Wolverine and Colossus, I like them most when Nightcrawler's around to balance them out and highlight their better qualities. And on the flip side, I enjoy Nightcrawler a lot more when Wolverine and Colossus, and Storm to an extent are around. It's like those characters were meant to be on the same team. ;)

[Edited on 20/1/2009 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Gotta hand it to the t.v. series however; they're really nailing the characters.

But that's the show. :D

If the comics can't do it, you know the point of origin for these characters, then why the hell read 'em!?!
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by love_of_bob »

Angelique wrote:As for Wolverine and Colossus, I like them most when Nightcrawler's around to balance them out and highlight their better qualities. And on the flip side, I enjoy Nightcrawler a lot more when Wolverine and Colossus, and Storm to an extent are around. It's like those characters were meant to be on the same team. ;)
I think Kurt was really what made that trio work. Colossus and Logan clash way too easily and Kurt's caring, diplomatic nature balanced them out. It's too bad they decide to get rid of Kurt just as they re-discover the friendship between these three.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Nandireya »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Gotta hand it to the t.v. series however; they're really nailing the characters.
I've only seen a couple of episodes...but I don't think Kurt's in all that many...and he does indeed appear to be the fuzzy elf we all know and love...heroic, dashing, butt-kicking and adorable...the winning combination...and it certainly seems to have won over a certain enchantress with a penchant for rosy garments...

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Freak »

He's in 6, 10, and 15, when he'll return to the main team again. I like episode 15, he owns Wolvie :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by neling4 »

I can't wait to see episode 15 in English! I want to know what they are saying. My Spanish lessons were nearly forty years ago, and I'm pretty rusty.

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Jeremus »

Thanks for the welcome!
I think I'm on the same page as everyone else in regards to Nightcrawler vs. Marvel comics. NC is the only character that keeps me reading the X-titles. I like Wolverine but he's everywhere! I can't keep up with him. But I do like his friendship with Kurt and their team-ups are some of my favorite issues. I'm not a great fan of Colossus but he's Kurt's friend and I agree that Kurt balances out the trio.... that's why their team-ups usually work. I was really ticked off when they left Kurt out of Astonishing X-men when Colossus came back ---I mean, they were friends, they'd worked together in Excalibur, AND Kurt (along with Logan) was one of the ones to mourn him the longest.... except, of course, for Kitty. I thought they could have at least given him a cameo in that issue just to say 'hey...welcome back old friend!' But I'm getting away from the topic.... and maybe that's all been discussed already...sorry.
Anyway.... I was wondering if Joe Q was only responding to questions on Twitter because he's on vacation or something? Maybe everything will be back to normal next week???
Oh... and it's good to know that the new X-men animated series IS playing....just not in the US. I thought I was going crazy.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Nandireya »

It's not on down here yet either...there's not even any sign of it...at least the US will be getting it on NickToons pretty soon...

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Freak »

So, next week's MyCup o' Joe will be done with MAtt Fraction, the guy who writes Uncanny X-Men, Kurt's current home.

Who thinks he might actually answer a question about a member of his current cast?
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Angelique »

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if he did.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Jeremus »

Quote by Nandireya:
It's not on down here yet either...there's not even any sign of it...at least the US will be getting it on NickToons pretty soon...
I'm not going to be able to see it anyway.... our small town cable company doesn't carry NickToons!:(
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Angelique »

^It will also be available online, too!

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by neling4 »

Jeremus wrote:Quote by Nandireya:
I'm not going to be able to see it anyway.... our small town cable company doesn't carry NickToons!:(
I posted this in the Toon Crawler and Evo forum:

http://www.marvel.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=145514

Starting Saturday, you can watch Wolverine and the X-Men online, here:

http://www.marvel.com/animation/