Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Entropy »

i have discovered a strange urge. i'm not a violent fellow, and don't expect my comics to be overly violent either. but i need to see Kurt put someone down (danger room scene would be fine). i need to see him do his cool acrobatics and it needs to be shown that Kurt can fight, and can fight well. perhaps kurt could duel with Jugs (i can see him teleporting onto his shoulder and giving some sort of smart reply).

what our your thoughts?:evil:
oh and 'ello Bamfette. i've been lurking for awhile. saw your comment on Xfan and decided i'd better step out of the shadows.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Bamfette »

Entropy! you came! :D

anyway, yeah i agree with you. there seems to be a feeling going aorund fans that Kurt is a featherweight and can't fight, and this is simply NOT TRUE and needs to be shown. a fight with some awesome acrobatics would love to see, especially :) a Danger room session would be perfect, actually. we havent actually seen the Danger Room in action for a long time....
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by kurtlover »

LOL nice to meet you and you're right, i need myself to see some ass kicking, some action, not just words :P
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Crawler »

I remember some sort of fight against...a Neo? Maybe? I remember that it looked cool but was before I got back into comics...

As for NOW...WE NEED SOME ASS KICKING!
I'm sure that if the Movie Trailer is as cool as it's supposed to be then we'll all get out NC kicking ass fix...
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Slarti »

We do need a good old Kurt action scene. He had a couple in his Icons series, but not in the main books. I wanna see a fight like the one in Excalibur with the Warpies. :evil:
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by Crawler
I remember some sort of fight against...a Neo? Maybe? I remember that it looked cool but was before I got back into comics...

As for NOW...WE NEED SOME ASS KICKING!
I'm sure that if the Movie Trailer is as cool as it's supposed to be then we'll all get out NC kicking ass fix...
yep i think it was on X-men #100 or 101 i'm not sure what issue was but it was a good scene, Yu drew it and he fought with the jeager Neo i guess and then Cecelia killed the guy, because he was about to kill kurt by pinning him on the wall and about to slash him. it was a good fight.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Nandireya »

Yep...he was kicking butt...and half dead from blood loss!

Kurt's one of the X-Men's best fighters...according to the original trading card set (the ones with Jim Lee art) of the current X-Men only Logan can beat him and only Gambit can match him (Psylock could too...but she's not a current X-Man)

In a non-powered fight he could kick every other X-Man's butt! Despite that issue of Excalibur when Kitty kicked him around...but then...that Gravemoss fella was in control and didn't know how to use Kurt's bod...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Hsu »

Kurt needs to be potrayed as someone who can hold his own. It seems to be the idea, even in the Marvel viewpoint that he's not that great of a fighter.

Look at the two X-Men fighting games with him in it. He had the WEAKEST moves. Sure hsi moves were somehwat fast and he could teleport away from other people and dodge well, but once you did go up and whack someone with your sword, nothing much happened.
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Yep...he was kicking butt...and half dead from blood loss!

Kurt's one of the X-Men's best fighters...according to the original trading card set (the ones with Jim Lee art) of the current X-Men only Logan can beat him and only Gambit can match him (Psylock could too...but she's not a current X-Man)

In a non-powered fight he could kick every other X-Man's butt! Despite that issue of Excalibur when Kitty kicked him around...but then...that Gravemoss fella was in control and didn't know how to use Kurt's bod...
Really? so what are they waiting for?
thanks for the info i didn't knew that ;)
Born Blue
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Born Blue »

Watching Kurt kick massive but was kinda the reason I created my site incase you all forgot. ;)
As for that X-Men #100 beating that Kurt handed out, I just updated my site. You can see that there too.
------ The Man who used to be Man of Letters ------
Well wadda know, I got a Nightcrawler fansite too!
------ http://respect-the-elf.freeservers.com/ -------
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by kladyelf »

We do need a good old Kurt action scene. He had a couple in his Icons series, but not in the main books. I wanna see a fight like the one in Excalibur with the Warpies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah! i was gonna mention that as soon as i saw this thread - i think it was Excalibur 63 or 65, and as a bonus we get to see Kurt with his cozzie half off :LOL: hubba!

maybe with this new writer there will be a bit more character development which will make the Marvy writers start headscratching and thinking, "Hmm, this guy's pretty smart.... wonder what we can do (to) with him?"
:P
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Betablue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Betablue »

I OWN THAT PAGE!! The Warpies thing. With Kitty and Cerise on the ground, and Kurt's costume all in tatters. "Come on, you fiends...who is next?" Alan Davis signed it for me at Wizard World 98.

Bragging. A bit. Sorry--!
Malice
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Malice »

Kurt should be able to handle his own in hand-to-hand combat with nearly any X-Man, I mean heck, he went toe-to-toe with Captain Britain! That man is strong enough to snap Kurt in two if given the chance, yet Kurt always seems to be shown as the guy that teleports people out of trouble while the others go in and do the dirty work. It's almost as if Marvel has just forgotten what a great fighter he is. Maybe with a sword or two, and Chuck's writting, he could step back into the spotlight and show everyone what he can really do! :D
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#4

"Are you ever wrong?"
"I thought I was once ...but it turned out I was wrong."
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Nightfollower »

Fighting Nightcrawler?! Oooo ;pant; i soooo wanna see that!!!! The best i can get to that is fan fiction....i want it in comics!
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Entropy »

The fight with the warpies was good. we don't see that primitive side of Kurt very often. but i was thinking more in the lines of when he fought Cap britain (sans the breaking of Kurt's bones).

*must see graceful acrobatics with cool fight scene and cool witty dialogue and cool tail moves and cool...*
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by Nightfollower
Fighting Nightcrawler?! Oooo ;pant; i soooo wanna see that!!!! The best i can get to that is fan fiction....i want it in comics!
you deffinitively should píck more comics!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Nandireya »

Kurt's eyes actually went red in that Warpies fight...as he got angrier and angrier...those poor little Warpies were scared spitless of him...but he cooled down PDQ...I would have liked to have seen that explored a little...does he have some sort of buried bezerker mode?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Betablue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Betablue »

"Buried berzerker mode"? Maybe he should have used that mode instead of "hit-it-with-a-big-stick" mode when he went after Wendigo.

Now, THAT was a very, very silly fight. Yeah, Kurt, you swat 'im with a log. I'll just go get the nuke in my trunk....
LoneWolf21
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by LoneWolf21 »

Originally posted by Betablue
Now, THAT was a very, very silly fight. Yeah, Kurt, you swat 'im with a log. I'll just go get the nuke in my trunk....
Never seen that fight. I take it that wasn't one of Kurt's best tactical decisions?
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by wolviechickie »

I gotta say...One of the reasons Kurt doesnt appeal to me is because of the fact he portrayed as a cream cupcake...I like men who can fight(In comics NEway) so I agree...Fight...Fight...Fight
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Elwing »

Me, personally I like men who solve conflicts by using their brain...But when all else fails, a good ass kicking is in order. Remember that time when Black Air did something nasty to Doughlock and Kurt had Excalibur blow one of their bases to kingdom come in retaliation? Now that was a move worthy of respect...Heh. That was probably the most violent thing I've seen him do: he didn't give the (partially beaten unconcious) Black Air staff much chance to clear the place...
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Bamfette »

agreed. Kurt appeals to me because he does try his very hardest to find resolutions to problems that don't involve great ammounts of violence. but i do like to kknow he CAN fight. that makes his decision to use non-violent measures more meaningful. showing he CAN fight once in a whille shows he is not a wimp, but he IS moral and intelligent by not resorting to the obvious.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Crawler »

Kurt NOT being super powerful and NOT being super strong or durable, yet still valuable in a fight is the big appeal for the Nightcrawler concept to me. I mean, he isn't invincible, he can't fly, he doesn't have a healing factor, he can't throw the Hulk...and yet he still wins.

Agility, skill, and quick thinking...I'll take those over brawn any day.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by kurtlover »

the last three topics say everything, and well said!
so there you go, i think the same ;)
i also think is better put the brain first than the fists, trying to resolve a comflict using words i think is more brave sometimes than only using the brutal stregth.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Kurt Crush Puny Mutants

Post by Hsu »

Yes I wholeheartedly agree. When I think of Nightcrawler kicking ass and taking names it's not some sort of punch fest. I imagin him hoping and porting around taunting the people. It's funny. I'm laughing right now! HA!
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]