nightcrawlers origin

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
BlueDiskJockey
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

nightcrawlers origin

Post by BlueDiskJockey »

My little brother asked me 2 questions i couldnt answer. the first one, all i know is that nightcrawler is mystiques son, and according to the tv show from like, 1994, she was the wife of some southern rich guy and when she had a baby, it was blue and had a pointed tail, so everyone thought it was a demon, and she ran away with him and she left him in a church. is this true? and 2nd, why doesnt nightcrawler have the ability to transform like his mom?:?
"I am not your rolling wheels, I am the highway"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

All mutants are differen, they don't just pass down from one person to another. Quicksilver and Scarlet witch are son and daughter to Mags, and look at them. Also, yah, for the most part. He then went and lived with a foster family and a traveling circus is in there too, he accidently kills his crazed brother, and the xmen appear and save him before they kill him. Kurtlover and Bamfette helped me a lot on that, maybe they can assist.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

wow, i left holes
they is the townspeople, yah is the beginning of answering your next question, and mags is magneto, just incase u don't know. Also, Cyclop's dad is a mutant too, I can't remember his powers outright though, but he has something to do with the phoenix thing i think.. i think, and also, Canonball, Cyclops' bro, is a mutant too, with powers quite different from him! Wait though, in AoA, Wild Child was like a younger Sabretooth, can anyone explain that for me?
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
BlueDiskJockey
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

??

Post by BlueDiskJockey »

why dont children get their powers? i can understand if a mutant and a human, their genitics get all screwed up, but if its 2 mutants, shouldnt they get their parents powers and thats it? not new ones. unless the genes, because they are already screwed up from their orignal human genes, get more screwed up and make a new power..would that be the right answer?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

mmm... good, but prob. not rite. I think it's more like... well, i no that the powers come by in puberty, unless your born fuzzy and blue, then the rest will come later, i mean, duh! but, like i no people r always saying it's different for everyone, maybe two people r exactly the same, the thing is, there isn't a second person. There are so few mutants, like, more humans than mutants.
BlueDiskJockey
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

??

Post by BlueDiskJockey »

you type funny, re-type that, i cant understand it
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

haha
i no
i wa saying, your reasponse is good, but not rite. Mutant powers come up in puberty, and we're always told, everyone is different when puberty comes around. Maybe two people are alike. The problem is that there is less mutants than humans, a lot less. So the other one that might match your rate, or in mutant case powers, isn't there.
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

nightcrawlers origin

Post by ces »

Hmmm... I'll give a try at explanations here, but I'm a bit tired so don't throw me out in a desert if I get something wrong! :dead:

Anyway, what the animated X-Men cartoon shows is not exactly the same as the canon 616 Marvel universe. I wont go in to the origin of Nighty since, as Bamfman asid, someone's already told that... somewhere... (Or was that in the temporary forum?)

Anyway. Cyclop's father is Corsair leader of the Starjammers (cool guys and gals doing stuff out in space), as far as I know he is no mutant. But one heck of a pilot. His other son is Havok (Canonball was in the New Mutant et cetera...), which he believed died along with Cyclops after an airplane accident. They got shot down, and Corsair along with his wife got kidnapped in space. Blah, blah, blah... Since Corsair believed himself to have no connections left on Earth he stayed in space, where he later got involved in the Phoenix saga...

And the question about inheritance. Don't stone me now, but I'm just a plain biologist - and science in this reality and Marvel's do not always walk hand in hand so easily.

What I've grasped is that the X-factor gene (the one who causes all these extraordinary mutations) should be located in the X chromosome (easiest way to explain inheritance) and thus there is a certain probability that the offspring will be a mutant if the parents are. This X-factor gene (if it now only is one gene... highly inbelievable) is most likely consisting of several 'small packages' of information. Together in different combinations these will cause a magnitude of diffrent mutations. Let's say that three of these packages caused transformational powers for Mystique then Nightcrawler would need these three as well AND they would need to be active. (As we have seen lately a lot of these passive packages are switched on, e. g. Beast.)

Ahhh, I rumble on... Let's say like this instead: If both parents are mutants the offspring doesn't need to be (e. g. Graydon Creed), but the chances are higher that so would be the case. The mutant offspring will probably have parts in common with its parents' mutations, but necessarily not be 'complete' and casue the same mutations. Even if everything is in order for the mutation to take place it might be repressed, lie dormant.

Sorry. :rolleyes: Got a bit carried away.
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

i think he'll get the point, i no i do!
Spider-Man
Lubber
Lubber

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Spider-Man »

Originally posted by Bamfman86
mmm... good, but prob. not rite. I think it's more like... well, i no that the powers come by in puberty, unless your born fuzzy and blue, then the rest will come later, i mean, duh! but, like i no people r always saying it's different for everyone, maybe two people r exactly the same, the thing is, there isn't a second person. There are so few mutants, like, more humans than mutants.
When two mutants have a child, they dont pass on their powers, they pass on the X-gene, and that, i guess gives them uniqe powers of their own. But, the parents may pass on features, like humans do. For example, like I have my mother's eyes, Nightcralwer enherited Mystiqe's blue skin. First time on these boards....hope i was of some help.:D

cya
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

thanks, yah that did help. Welcome aboard. I have a question, and no one seems to want to answer it, what is Wild Child's explanation? how come he was so like Sabretooth?
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Nandireya »

Everyone was just kinda screw-iffy in that universe...Wild Child didn't have a lot going for him brain-wise...he was totally feral...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
NightcrawlersLove
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

nightcrawlers origin

Post by NightcrawlersLove »

shot in the dark here lol all tose years of listining to my science teacher Mr. Smith talk about genitics and crap..while i ignored those films and drew pon my science books instead lol...

heres my take well several.the x gene could come from both parents(both parents being mutants),but if they decided to have a child(ren) they could pass it on to future offspring yet that x gene would be absent,while in an another of their offspring it was (in use so to say) like skipping a generation and such or

another idea might be that each and everyone of us has the x gene yet in a handful that gene decides to become active..sorta like having the sith sence..everybody has it but only a handful can use it....( i watch too much x-files lol) just me thoughts here..not a doctor or anything..lol
"Sure call me weird,but compared to you i'm normal!"
~NightcrawlersLove
[p]
Corner of the Crawler
[p]
Griffin Flight Models
BlueDiskJockey
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

so...

Post by BlueDiskJockey »

so your saying that they sometimes might have the powers, but they cant use them because they maybe dont know how to or cant? if you ahve to explain it alot again, please do so. i love to read that kinda stuff
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

nightcrawlers origin

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Well it seems your second question is answered. As for the first: According to the comics (and therefore what I hold to), Kurt is the son of Mystique of course, and a German count. When he was born, the town thought he was a demon,:( and threatened his as well as Mystique's life. However, to save herself, Ms. Darkholme transformed into an old man, joined the angry mob, and threw little baby Nighty off a cliff! It seems to me he was then found by Prof. Xavier, or something to that effect. I don't remeber for sure about that last bit, and as the comic has dissapeared and I have not had the time to look for another one, well I'm just saying please don't quote me on that part lol!;)
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
BlueDiskJockey
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

hmmm

Post by BlueDiskJockey »

thats what i thought originaly, about the cliffs, but i didnt think it was right cause i only saw that episode once and thats what happened on the tv
Snow
Lubber
Lubber

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Snow »

hello, im new here but I want to rectify this:
Comic Version: Not much to say about Mr. Wagner-aside he died after Mrs Szardoz meet him.Yes Mystique is the mother...

XMenTV: Yes These mystios father seems to be rich. Raven took him away, cause the people in the village are very afraid about her and the Babykurt.
XEvo: Kurt was(nearly)born normal and get some "upgrade" - how ever it looks like... fromMagneto- Raven run away...
To the other question: Everyone is a individum...
NightcrawlersLove
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

nightcrawlers origin

'sighs' why can't lif ever be as simple as a regular teenagers life is? lol and we all know how that is dont we?
~NightcrawlersLove
[p]
Corner of the Crawler
[p]
Griffin Flight Models
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Slarti »

Okay, again for Nighty's origin. His mother is Mystique, but no one knows exactly who his father is, except Mystique! She, known to be a psycho and a liar, told him his origin, so who knows if it is correct. The only part he knows is correct is what Margali told him -- he was found and raised by her as her own child.

There's also been hints that Nighty's past and his father's real identity may come up soon. I hope so, it'd be nice to have a real origin for him. Over the years people have guessed his father could be Wolverine (!) or Sabretooth (!!!). Originally, Chris Claremont wanted Mystique to be his FATHER and Destiny (Irene Adler) his mother. It's common belief that Mystique and Destiny were lovers, and Claremont wanted Mystique to father Kurt while in male form. That didn't make it past the Mighty Marvel Editors, thank God!.

As for powers, I'd agree with everybody elses' guesses on genetics. Though I will say Marvel genetics don't have to make perfect sense. There is such a thing a dramatic license.
NightcrawlersLove
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

nightcrawlers origin

'raises a brow high' im glad that storyline didn't pass,if they ever tried to put that into a marvel comic..woo boy look out lol....now what about magnet head? didn't he have some part in this..didn't he do something to kurt? or am i totaly off me rocker about this.....
~NightcrawlersLove
[p]
Corner of the Crawler
[p]
Griffin Flight Models
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Slarti »

Nope, Magneto didn't have a thing to do with it in canon 616 (the main Marvel Universe). Unless they retcon it in, that is.

I think Evolution-verse Kurt has a connection to Mags, but I may be wrong there.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

umm... i'm not sure if EvoKurt did, I no that pietro is still mag's son, and so is Scarlte Witch, but nighty is still mr. Fatherless. I think the main thing Evolution should be thinking about rite now is why they just left apocalypses' stry line and went to the sentinels. I'm kinda pissed, and as sad as it is to say it, i don't think Kurt's origin is all that important to Evolution right now.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

nightcrawlers origin

Post by kurtlover »

as long as i remember,Evokurt originally wasn't blue and fuzzy but magneto changed his genes when he was a baby.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

may b in the comics, but that hasn't come out in the show yet, not to my knowledge
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Booker »

In the episode "Shadowed Past" they have a thing with Magneto doing something wonky with Kurt's genes when he was a baby. They didn't say what (unless they talk about it in a later episode, I don't get to see the show much), but it ended up with Mystique running away and accidently dropping him off a bridge while fighting off wolves. Mystique was all misty in that episode.
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman