X-Infernus #4 previews!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Nandireya »

neling4 wrote:There is also the fact that being half demon makes him no longer half German, which makes those of us with German ancestry at a loss for someone with whom to identify. I refuse to identify with the Red Skull or Fenris, and I cannot identify with a demon. I do not have demons in my family tree, no matter what my mother-in-law says. :mad
How many Australians do you see in comics, hmmm? The only ones I can think of...and that's very, very, VERY few...are bad guys! Or in that gawd-awful X-book that I never read...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by steyn »

You think that's bad? They had an awsome south african mutant on the x-team who had so far one of theweirdest mutations, and they killed him off completely. Wouldn't mind having him JEEEEEAN!ed and up and running again.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I have German ancestry but I'm also Canadian so I have WOLVERINE to identify with. Kick ass!
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Entropy »

Gateway is an aborigine and a mutant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gateway_(comics)

Lifeguard (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Lifeguard) and Slipstream (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Davis_Came ... rth-616%29)are both Australian. And if you're saying that xtreme x-men sucked, well i quite enjoyed it until Larroca left and Claremont tried to expand on his God Loves, Man Kills with a sequel.

Steyn, are you talking about Maggott. He was pretty interesting, and the version drawn by Joe Mad. was pretty cool.
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Maggott_%2 ... rth-616%29
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Angelique »

Hey Drastic, I recognize that scene in your avvy from TAS. I wonder why Wolverine wasn't that upset about leaving Pixie behind!

That being said, I feel like adding my own dialogue to that: "The Elf ain't a demon, bub!"
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

Baron Zemo wears a bag on his head.

I just can't identify with that.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Jeremus »

neling4 wrote: Now I have nothing. :(
Don't give up, Neling. Kurt's not a demon. He's a German mutant who's being horribly used and discriminated by the very people who pretend to understand and support mutants. We'll fix this somehow.:engarde
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Elfdame »

neling4 wrote:Baron Zemo wears a bag on his head.

And Wolverine wears a Nighty on his head. At least in the current spiffy avatar.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

Jeremus wrote:
neling4 wrote: Now I have nothing. :(
Don't give up, Neling. Kurt's not a demon. He's a German mutant who's being horribly used and discriminated by the very people who pretend to understand and support mutants. We'll fix this somehow.:engarde
Thank you, Jeremus.

I intend to compose a rude post for My Cup O Joe. This seems to be the only way to get access to Joe Q.:

http://www.marvel.com/comics/cup_o_joe

Follow me into battle, Jeremus.
Elfdame wrote:
neling4 wrote:Baron Zemo wears a bag on his head.

And Wolverine wears a Nighty on his head. At least in the current spiffy avatar.
I thought only I said "spiffy". :)

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Elfdame »

Hey, I'm basically at that half-century mark myself, lady. And "spiffy" is too good a word to relegate to the past.

Sic Joe, girlfriend, sic 'im good!
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Freak »

Zemo is actually pretty cool nowadays, quite badass. And only few men can pull wearing a pink mask and still get the chicks. :naughty

...Though I DO admit that at some point in the past he was married to a woman that pretended to be his reincarnated father...

Also, neling, please don't start harassing the Editor in Chief of Marvel about something that must (at least to him) appear as a minor obstruction in the way of the next big event. at best he'll ignore you, at worst he'll do stuff you don't like on purpose ;)

[Edited on 27/3/09 by Freak]
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Angelique »

But if we remain quiet, he'll have our silence as an excuse to pretend we like what he's doing to Nightcrawler.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

I will not harass, but I will be firm and persistent.

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Nandireya »

Entropy wrote:Gateway is an aborigine and a mutant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gateway_(comics)

Lifeguard (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Lifeguard) and Slipstream (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Davis_Came ... rth-616%29)are both Australian. And if you're saying that xtreme x-men sucked, well i quite enjoyed it until Larroca left and Claremont tried to expand on his God Loves, Man Kills with a sequel.
I keep forgetting Gateway...maybe because he was pretty much a very put-upon Macguffin...more a mode of transport than a character...poor guy...

Yeah...X-Treme X-Men was the book I never read...so I know diddly squat about those two...and the few issues I DID read...well...weren't very good...

The only other Aussie mutant I can think of is Pyro...and he's dead too...at least he was the last time I looked...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Jeremus »

Hey....is there a spoiler for X-infernus #4 anywhere? I'd like to get a word for word on that page where Kurt said he's the son of a demon.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

Jeremus wrote:Hey....is there a spoiler for X-infernus #4 anywhere? I'd like to get a word for word on that page where Kurt said he's the son of a demon.
Here it is:

Illyana: "I am a soulless beast. A monster. And after all of this, my soul is further than ever."

Kurt: "Oh, Illyana...I've been called a monster. Ive been hunted. Hell, I'm the son of a demon. Does this mean that I have no soul?"

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Jeremus »

Freak wrote:
Also, neling, please don't start harassing the Editor in Chief of Marvel about something that must (at least to him) appear as a minor obstruction in the way of the next big event. at best he'll ignore you, at worst he'll do stuff you don't like on purpose ;)
We will not harass him. We will be very civilized. We don't wish Marvel any harm.
But you're very right.....he could ignore us (which is more probable) or he could get mad and take it out on us and Nightcrawler. Neither of those things would be our fault, however. He's the one in "power". Whatever he chooses to do will be on him. But I cannot stand by and allow him to do to Nightcrawler what I think is wrong and not say anything. Angelique is right in that he might use our silence to justify whatever he chooses to do. So if it's our silence he uses or our protests he uses to justify changing Nightcrawler into some kind of demon.....I'd rather it be with our protests ringing in his ears.

"Soon we must choose between what is right and what is easy."

The Force is with us.....join us Freak:D
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Neling for the info!:)
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

Zemo wears a fur muff and is that a car part on his head?

You are welcome, Jeremus!

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Freak »

I'm actually okay with him being a half-demon if that means he gets more interesting stories in the future. He could be the magic link of the X-Men like he used to be in his own ongoing...And score some demon chicks. :shifty *cough* :jillian
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Nandireya »

Maybe the arc-that-must-not-be-named left such a bad taste in Kurt's mouth that he considers the-mutant-who-must-not-be-named a demon even though he's not...?

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Freak »

The who of the what now? :puzzle
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Freak wrote:I'm actually okay with him being a half-demon if that means he gets more interesting stories in the future. He could be the magic link of the X-Men like he used to be in his own ongoing...And score some demon chicks. :shifty *cough* :jillian
Yes! More interesting MORE INTERESTING.

*writes Joe Q to demand he make things more interesting according to my own personal tastes* That'll show him.
neling4 wrote: Here it is:

Illyana: "I am a soulless beast. A monster. And after all of this, my soul is further than ever."

Kurt: "Oh, Illyana...I've been called a monster. Ive been hunted. Hell, I'm the son of a demon. Does this mean that I have no soul?"
And then he says "I don't know for sure." Nice!

Anyone else want to provide the rest? hehe
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

Here is the rest of it:

Kurt: "I don't know for sure. It isn't something I can touch, something I can control. All I can control is what I do. I make the choices I think are right and that is all I can do. I decided that I have a soul."
Jeremus, we need an acronym.

Vaiyala
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Vaiyala »

I just read the entire series today and...wow. :eek I loved Kurt's quotes at the end (and laughed when Pixie flew away :LOL).

Oh, and Spastic, your ava made me burst out laughing. XD

[Edited on 29/3/09 by Vaiyala]
What is the meaning of life, my dear?
What is the meaning of all you hold near?
Why is it that you cry at night
when there's no one around you to hear?

~~Myspace~~ :computer

~~Deviantart~~ :bunny
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Jeremus »

Nandireya wrote:Maybe the arc-that-must-not-be-named left such a bad taste in Kurt's mouth that he considers the-mutant-who-must-not-be-named a demon even though he's not...?
That's very possible.
And I'm willing to overlook the "son of a demon" quote as a sarcastic rolling-of-the-eyes joke referring to the-mutant-who-must-not-be-named from the arc-that-must-not-be-named (like he calls himself 'devilish' sometimes).....as long as Marvel isn't really trying to make him into a demon hybrid. But the 'I-don't-know-if-I-have-a-soul' thing has me concerned. I don't think a Catholic (ex-priest in training) would question whether or not he had a soul.....and now that I'm thinking about it, what he said is all so mega-wrong. I mean he couldn't have been carrying the soulsword inside of him AT ALL if he didn't have a soul....and an "unpolluted" one at that!
-----------------------------------------------------

To Neling:
Right now the only acronym I can come up with is MAD (Mutants Aren't Demons!) But I think that's because.....well.... I'm mad.