Is Kurt his REAL name?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by Panz »

In light of the fact that Chuck is about to give us the dirt on our Blue hero, I am wondering if Kurt is his real name at all...I realize that this is somewhat dependant on who his parents are...but obviously, if we are to believe Margali:ooh:, she found him as a newborn, so then, she had to have named him Kurt...right?

So....if he has/had other parents, what did they name him??? part of me thinks that Mystique is not his mum at all...I know that they kind of look alike...but...I just am not sure here... Too convenient:smirk:

So what , if not Kurt, do you think his name should be? what is his middle name? and where, if not Bayern/Bavaria, is he from?

I know that Chuck will answer a few of these questions in a few months, but I want to speculate NOW!!!!...:D
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by kurtlover »

i wanna do that now, but honestly i don't want another name for him, i like Kurt, i mean its not the best name for some people but he has been Kurt for decades so i would be shocked. I know Logan has another name also but it doesn't suit to him too, honestly i don't care much because he's not my fav, but Kurt is.
And i'm really intrigued about his daddy! me wants to know.
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by Erynne »

Mystique probably just called him It.
Frumious Bandersnatch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by Frumious Bandersnatch »

Well, Kurt's a conveniant name, it's quite common in Bavaria (or so i'm told) and it would make him harder to fined if someone with devious purposes were looking for him. But i personallly think Jacob or Drew would fit him also,(only with curly hair!!)
Ayee! Look! Its a Boggie...and his frumious Bandersnitch!
Shouldnt that be Bandersnatch?
Nope...Too small

Never double date with a buddy who can teleport. He will vanish as soon as the bill arrives. Damn elf
~Wolverine

I am C.o.C.Ker #15
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by Nightfollower »

Y'know, i thought the same thing....What did his birth mother name him? :?

It's an interesting theory...
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
fallacy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by fallacy »

i thougt his mother mystique bapticed him michael darkholm.....isn´t it :?

greatings alex
grüsse alex
kay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by kay »

Originally posted by Pandora
part of me thinks that Mystique is not his mum at all...I know that they kind of look alike...but...I just am not sure here... Too convenient:smirk:
Hey! I had that hunch aswell, but I got laughed right out of my own bedroom. We were in that kind of mood where everything is just hilarious. I am just hoping he doesn't turn out to be an imp from hell, that's all. :ooh: So yeah, I wonder who...or what...he really is.

I also heared he had been baptised Micheal Darkholme...but if Mystique is not his mother...
fallacy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by fallacy »

@kay
ah, i read it......
hmmmmmm okay :-((((((
i don´t know.......

greatings alex
grüsse alex
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by Slarti »

As far as I knew, he was only named Michael Darkholme in that What If? where he was raised by Mystique.

I'm not sure if I want him to have another name. I'd say it would be interesting if he found out his name wasn't real and that made him think his existance was a lie or something dramatic like that, but otherwise if he changes his name to James or something I'll be pissed. :p
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by kurtlover »

*nods to Slarti*
you're right, dramatic shocking discoverings only for wolverine please! :D
and Michael Darkholme appeared in What if...? #98.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Originally posted by Pandora
In light of the fact that Chuck is about to give us the dirt on our Blue hero, I am wondering if Kurt is his real name at all:D
Oh no- don't start this. Next thing we know, he'll be a 19th-century sickly rich kid named James Howlett, who was given the name Kurt by a little red-haired girl who starts his life-long obsession with red haired............

Wait a minute- hasn't that already happened somewhere?
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by Nightcrawler ZERO

Oh no- don't start this. Next thing we know, he'll be a 19th-century sickly rich kid named James Howlett, who was given the name Kurt by a little red-haired girl who starts his life-long obsession with red haired............

Wait a minute- hasn't that already happened somewhere?
That's genius! Then they can make it a mini series and the issues will sell for a lot of money, despite not even being all that great of a story!
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by Panz »

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Ok, I want his name to stay Kurt. But what about a middle name? And what is his country of origin? WAS he born in Bavaria?????

My friends and I were trying to come up with good middle names for him... what do you think? Albrecht? Wolfgang? Friedrich???...maybe it was more funny at 2am:shame:

Welcome Alex! Please enjoy our silliness and stay a while.
Panz

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by Slarti »

I think his name should be George. *pets his soft fur* It should be George and when he gets his land he can raise rabbits. :p :kiss:
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by Panz »

...and we can love him and pat him and rub his fur the wrong way:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Panz

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Slarti
I think his name should be George. *pets his soft fur* It should be George and when he gets his land he can raise rabbits. :p :kiss:
:LOL: yes, Rabbits named Greg and Gwen and Geoff and Gunther... sorry, inside chat joke :p :bunny:

ever since his fathers name was hinteda t being Eric, i always thought if he found out for sure he may adopt th middle name of Eric himself. Kurt Eric Wagner just sounds nice.

but whatever his name was supposed to be when born, i don't think he'd outright change his name, but maybe make it his middle name. makes sense to me. he may however change his last name as well, depending on the circumstances
T.J. Wagner
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by T.J. Wagner »

I get your joke Slarti! I had to read Of Mice and Men for my English class about a month ago! :D I know I'm being random. :rolleyes:

Anywho... Kurt shouldn't change his name. Kurt fits him just fine, but It would be wonderful to learn more about Kurt's past.
I do think Mystique is his mother and I don't think she came up with a name for him because she had to give him up hours after he was born. I really don't think she could have came up with a name that quickly unless she thought about it a head of time.
* The Light of Evenstar * Guitar Picks (A Chamber Messageboard) *

"Does the outward shell really matter so much more than the soul that resides within?"
-Nightcrawler (X-Treme #18)

Feeling Blue?
:mystique: :bamf: :nocturne:
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by kurtlover »

:laugh::laugh:
Greg the Bunny :D
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by little Blue Lucy »

I agree. I think his adoptive mum must have given him his full name, and as I said in another thread I like Kurt just fine as well, and don't think he should change it or that anything else would suit him as well or better.
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by Nandireya »

Kurt was a newborn when Raven dropped him over the falls (if it happened at all) so she probably wouldn't have come up with a name...Magarli probably just gave him the name and made up the story about Eric Wagner to give him some sort of place in the universe...she may even have known an Eric Wagner...

I doubt he'd lose the name...he's been Kurt Wagner for 20+ years...everybody knows him as Kurt Wagner...even if he does turn out to be Count Von Somethingorother, he'd probably still keep Kurt...unless he want to show off his noblity...and he doesn't stike me as the sort to do that...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Damn, I like ALL those ideas. I don't know how Chuck is ever gonna choose just one...

Basically, as long as he's doing SOMETHING, ANYTHING* with Nightie, I am a happy spaz.

*unless it has to do with religion :D
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by Slarti »

Eric, Eric.....

Oh my God! His daddy's Magneto! :shocked: NOOOOO!

And if that was true, in Exileverse he had a kid with his sister. :surprise: Urg, and we thought Amanda was bad! :dead:

I need a barfing smilie.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by kurtlover »

irk, first Pietro, now this :laugh:
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by Bamfette »

Eric, Eric.....

And if that was true, in Exileverse he had a kid with his sister. :surprise: Urg, and we thought Amanda was bad! :dead:

I need a barfing smilie.
calm... remain calm... his dad is NOT Magneto. i can tell you this as pure fact, his dad is NOT Mags....
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Is Kurt his REAL name?

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Originally posted by Bamfette
Eric, Eric.....

I need a barfing smilie.
calm... remain calm... his dad is NOT Magneto. i can tell you this as pure fact, his dad is NOT Mags....
You sure.... I wonder what PATY would say about this. It would give Mystique a reason to be INSPIRED to recreate Magneto's army of terrorists....:D:D