How should nightcrawler return?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

I still say that if getting a priest, security, etc was an issue, they could have put his body in the Morgue (or heck, even a decent freezer would have done) so that they could give him a real funeral.

Personally, my least favorite part about the funeral is not the whole "It wasn't Catholic" thing, but rather the horrid "eulogies" given. Beast was positively rude and Emma simply didn't say anything good.

Also, standing around doing nothing while someone is dying -- not even bothering to, you know perform basic CPR ticked me off.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Based on what I've seen from SC and from the previews of Legacy, looks like bystanders have been in the crossfire all along. Anyway, all of that could have easily been solved by... well... a good freezer and holding off a little. Saying, "This isn't what Kurt would have wanted," doesn't do any good if there was any way they could have come through with what he would have preferred. And there was. I don't take it in good faith that they tried everything off panel to arrange the funeral he would have wanted and it didn't work out. Because we know they made no attempt to treat his injuries or resuscitate him.

And this is the worst effect Nightcrawler's death and how it was handled has had on me. I've lost respect for all the other characters and confidence in Marvel.

Pfft. Forget about saving mutants. To me, the real suspense story is whether or not my interest in the X-books will ever be salvaged.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

Well, it could be argued that the characters are aware of the danger they face and feared they wouldn't live long enough to give Kurt any funeral if they waited. I'm not quite buying that one, though. The lack of any visible attempt to revive him was also a poor move on the part of the writers involved. Having them try and fail is far better than having them stand around like a bunch of morons. :doh!

I know! Nocturne should come back and be all "Daddy, NOOOOO!!!" then chase down the Scarlet Witch to tell her that she's the product of an alternate-Earth pairing of the two. Wanda sees that TJ's nifty, so she talks Kurt back into existence with "I want me some sexy blue Kurt to make babies!" and tries to seduce him. :LOL
Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

Wahnsinn wrote: I know! Nocturne should come back and be all "Daddy, NOOOOO!!!" then chase down the Scarlet Witch to tell her that she's the product of an alternate-Earth pairing of the two. Wanda sees that TJ's nifty, so she talks Kurt back into existence with "I want me some sexy blue Kurt to make babies!" and tries to seduce him. :LOL
Well, I don't know about the Scarlet Witch, but I'm willing to give it a try... ;)

"I want me some sexy blue Kurt to make babies! I want me some sexy blue Kurt to make babies!":naughty
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, it would be awfully chivalrous and very much in character for Kurt to come back from the dead for the convenience of a lady.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Cyntosis
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Cyntosis »

We saw the body under the sheet, but didn't get a look inside the coffin. So I have a secret hope that Amanda got Scott's call, 'ported in, took the body to wherever she works now and started on some necromancy. Three years from now, Kurt wanders into the X-Men's kitchen and answers everyone's puzzled looks with a shrug. "You know how possessive Amanda can be. What'd I miss?"
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Y'know, I kinda like the, "Well, she was gonna be sad if I didn't come back, sooooooo..."
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Angelique wrote: And with this supposed interest in bringing in more female readers, that's another reason why offing Nightcrawler was a horrific idea. They've just killed off probably the second or third most popular male character among women.
1. Wolverine
2. Nightcrawler
3. Gambit
......would be my guess. Although #2 and #3 might be switched. I'd say they are pretty close.
Angelique wrote: If this is all about money, they've still botched it big time. If reports from my local comic retailer hold true, sales have dropped since Kurt died.
My LCS said that sales have been steadily dropping for some time, so he only orders books that are on our pull lists, and my pull list is getting shorter and shorter.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well it doesn't look like Nightcrawler will be back by September, which tells me one thing. I'd better brace for what I'll likely find to be the worst summer for comics. Ever.

Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

Maybe the have a policy of only telegraphing deaths months in advance?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Tom Brevoort answered a Nightcrawler question (finally) on his Formspring.
Sort of humorously, actually.

When is Nightcrawler coming back?

Not today.

14 hours ago by TomBrevoort
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I think I heard neling's heart skip a beat. Because it implies it might happen at some point.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I'm sorry. What a lot of nerve that guy has smarting off about a character death he has to know has upset a lot of fans.

Of course, to be fair, I do agree with what he posts here...

http://www.formspring.me/TomBrevoort/q/566026100

So would bringing Kurt back be an admission that he shouldn't have been killed off?

[Edited on 20/5/2010 by Angelique]

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Of course he's implying it will happen. And he's not really in a position where he can show preference over certain characters, publicly at least. Even if Kurt is his favorite, he can't really show it. If Kurt's not, he can't show that either. He gave as blunt an answer as he could while still being a Corporate Exec to a Comic Corporation.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I don't know. He could either throw us a bone or give us some closure. But is keeping an angry fanbase in suspense with non-answers really going to sell more books?

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Tom Brevoort answered a Nightcrawler question (finally) on his Formspring.
Sort of humorously, actually.

When is Nightcrawler coming back?

Not today.

14 hours ago by TomBrevoort
That was my question.

Thanks a lot, TomBrevoort. That was such a clever answer I really did forget to laugh.

Jackass.

Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

He answered your repeats as well, Neling.
When will Nightcrawler be back? by neling
Not today either.
When will Nightcrawler return? by neling
And not tomorrow.
He might actually get to mine within the next week, if he chooses to answer them. :smirk

Random Note: Nightcrawler makes a small appearance in Wolverine #900.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Neling, you're taking it way too personally.

He's not trying to hurt Nightcrawler fans. How could he possibly, in any realm of reality, give away when he was going to come back, even if he knew? Seriously? He can't do that.

Most of his responses end in "And just keep reading..." because that is not only a spoiler, it's a ruin=er.

He also answered my question:

Tom, I don't have enough space so let me summarize. Ultimate Spider-Man is still fantastic. I never thought I'd say this, but ASM actually was good. I am still pissed about "BND", but "Shed Pt. 1" was terrific. But Spidey joining the X-Crew? Really???? by GrooGrux86DMB

Glad you're liking it all. And hey, wait and see.
As you can see, he really can't confirm or deny anything. I said it more so he would know that they're grabbing a fan, and potentially losing him again. He's telling ME "There's more to it than you think, wait and see."

So.... I'm gonna wait and see.

[Edited on 21/5/10 by Ult_Sm86]
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I still think he is a jackass.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Well, yeah he doesn't have a lot of Tact, but I don't really think he's in a position where he can afford to.

Look at his latest question:
What annoys you the most: Jean questions, OMD questions, or Ultimatuum questions? by alexkerscher

Right this moment, it's the OMD questions--primarily because they're inevitably the same questions asked bythe same people over and over again, who never want to listen to the answers and who instead repeat their talking points ad nauseum. It's like dealing with the Lunatic Fringe of whatever political party you like least--it's not a conversation, it's not a discussion, it's an attack disguised as civility, and it gets old really fast. I don't mind answering new questions about any of this stuff, but when it's teh same guys doing the same stand-up routines they were trucking out two years ago, it gets a little it old. Some fresh material, please, folks.

11 hours ago
It's understandable that he gets worn down. And i'm building up to my Kurt question, letting him know that I think Marvel has made some good steps to correcting BND, that I approve of their Heroic Age (thus far) and so on and so forth, so that when I do ask about Nightcrawler, he knows it's not JUST a rabid Kurt fan, but a rabid MARVEL fan, who is genuinely concerned for the direction of the X-Books. I think he'll respond better to that than repetitive use of "When's Nightcrawler coming back?"
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I was repetitive because I thought my questions were gone.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Clever stuff. However, when the best I have to expect from Marvel is the prospect that they might correct some mistakes while they make more, I'll see. But I won't spend my money. And I may give up even waiting.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Hope is going to bring him back from the dead at the end of this storyline.

I don't like this idea at all and hope it's wrong.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

The Drastic Spastic wrote:Hope is going to bring him back from the dead at the end of this storyline.

I don't like this idea at all and hope it's wrong.
Weapon X #16 seems to indicate that Kurt stays dead.
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

What would really be bad is if Hope brings him back before the end, and he ends up sacrificing his life for her dumb butt again.