Crawler in new video game

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

Not sure how big a role he'll have but if you watch the video from NYCC you'll see his silhouette ( i paused it to double check, looks like a tail and has three fingers and a prominent heel).

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=28766

The game is called X-Men: Destiny.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Plus the silhouette bamfs with smoke. I can pretty much guess it's going to be a role playing game, hopefully it'll be more RPG than XMen Legends, which was more arcade action than RPG. Hopefully you'll get to build your own mutant.

[Edited on 9/10/2010 by steyn]
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Post by Chaos »

:D

And he will have all Venom's powers, but we shall call him.... D A V E.

xx
"I've met dozens like you. Skipped off home early, minor graft jobs here and there. Spent some time in lock-up too, I'll warrant; but less than you claim. And now you're, what, a petty theif with delusions of standing? Sad little king of a sad little hill..." - River Tam, 'Firefly'

Achievements: ImageImageImage
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

The E3 trailer for the game looks pretty awesome. Shows (and pretty sure I'll miss some) Magneto, Cyke, Wolvie, Gambit, Pixie, Mystique, Juggernaut, Quicksilver, and Nightcrawler.

There's also the Comic Con trailer. It gives away a few others and says the game is out September 27th.

Also... site for the game: http://www.herohq.com/xmendestiny/

I'm pretty excited and might just go buy it when it comes out. :D

[Edited on 8/30/2011 by tears~fall~like~glass]
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

This looks awesome, but Nightcrawler is not on the character list on the website. He is in the trailer though. Strange.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Maybe he's not a playable character, but he's in the story?
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Neat looking trailer and I did cheer for the bamfing silhouette. Rather trippy, but that may just be me. It would be a shame if he just got shafted to a non-playable character because his powers are just plain cool to see played. I'm shit at games so I generally buy them and make my husband and son play them so I get to watch. :)
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I used to be like that but I've been playing games myself lately that I never would have even attempted before. I still suck, but it's been a lot of fun. I made it all the way through Arkham Asylum (on normal) all by myself. I was so proud I can't even say.

I want to know what's going on with his colourful tail sock.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

I'm not sure about whether he's playable or not, but the website makes it out that you can use any of the powers of the characters they use in the game so hopefully there's at least that.

Also, Nighty's character design for the game since you were wondering about his tail sock. :)

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

The Drastic Spastic wrote:
I want to know what's going on with his colourful tail sock.
Germany is cold.

But for real?
tears~fall~like~glass wrote:Image
That is ugly. Just ugly. Bad design!

[Edited on 3/9/11 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Kered
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kered »

Is it just me that thinks it looks like Nightcrawler has Silly Bands on his tail??? Why? Just why?
the Catholic church identifies capibaras as fish so they can be eaten on Friday
capybara bbq day!!
Every friday!!!!!!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Don't you see! He's so hip.

I half expect him to flip open a laptop at a Starbucks while drinking his (get ready -- this is an actual order:) Venti 1 pump caramel, 1 pump white mocha, 2 scoops vanilla bean powder, extra ice frappuchino with 2 shots poured over the top (apagotto style) with caramel drizzle under and on top of the whipped cream, double cupped, (phew!) and listening to his Dub-Step/Alternative Punk Power Pop Screamo/Lady Gaga with his shiny "ear buds" that break the little bitty bits in your ears when you try to shove something that doesn't fit/belong in them.

He's a hipster. And he's designed this way to attract the audience members who the industry feels are missing out on video games.

Two other examples of this are Cole's new look in inFamous 2:

Image (these were early designs before the negative feedback on gaming boards)

and Robin (who I think looks great, but I guess I'm the only one) in Arkham City

(in the comic that is in between Arkham Asylum & City, it is revealed Robin is both Tim Drake... and blond -- or a very light brunette.)

It's becoming a theme to hip-up your characters.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

tears~fall~like~glass wrote: Also, Nighty's character design for the game since you were wondering about his tail sock. :)

I personally really like that design. The tail sock / tail scrunchies are weird, and I never understood adding unneeded patches to anything but tweed jackets, but I'm a big fan of comic characters wearing actual clothes. Sure, it's a little hipster-y, but you know what? Everything is hipstery.

I could go on a long rant about how hipster hate is unwarranted because the people who hate hipsters the most are other hipsters, or how the concept of a group of people based around not being part of a group is counter-productive, or how being obsessively "uncool" means you follow the trends more closely than most "trendy" people, but I won't. Hipsters don't exist. It's just a convenient label.

This thread is about our new friend, Modern Bohemian Nightcrawler. That jacket is awesome and I want it. You can't see little Kurt poking through the spandex. And, most importantly, he's not wearing shoes. He should never wear shoes. And I do get a "European" feel out of the whole look, which I think is fitting and nice.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

I like the concept... It's an updated take on the movie look, with a bit of his first Ultimate appearance thrown in. Nightcrawler is one of the characters that doesn't NEED a costume to be recognizable, why not go with it? And it may have in-game story reasons for being street clothes. He could be a recent recruit or something.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

:shifty

said before and I say it again about this design of his:

Eric Balfour.

ImageImage
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Crawler »

Wow. Kurt really does look like Balfour in that picture and Balfour really looks like the troll face, too. But, somehow, Modern Bohemian Nightcrawler (that's what the action figure would be called. Like Fry Cook Batman or Mountain Climber Spider-Man) doesn't look like the troll face. As long as Nightcrawler doesn't start showing up in movies with "mega," "ultra," "robo-," or "saurus" in the title, we're good.

I like what Bamfette pointed out: If there's one X-Man that doesn't need a costume to be recognizable to the casual observer, it's Nightcrawler. He could wear anything and still look like himself.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I never thought of it that way and that's a really good point.

Still, sweat bands on the tail?

The rest of it is acceptable up until that point.

Also, yikes! Balfour!
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I'm in love with the bomber jacket like C - the rest of it I'm totally meh on, particularily because his tail scrunchies don't 'go' or make sense with the rest of his outfit, unless you count the patched knees being totally up the same kid level as bright yellow and orange scrunchies are.

The scrunchies would make more sense if they...well y'know made sense. Like the colours of the german flag or something. It would just be like another form of self expression like earrings. Orange and yellow just simply jump out from the blue of his tail. Again - that would make sense if the rest of his outfit was all 'pop 80's child' but it's not.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

The stripy things don't even cover his whole tail. It's like Psylocke's straps. Make no sense, serves no purpose, and, in this case, just looks dumb.

I am anti-newsboy cap ps. The jacket I don't mind, the cap is just awful. He looks homeless.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

the hat says dockworker, the jacket says starbucks.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

steyn wrote:the hat says dockworker, the jacket says starbucks.
The earrings and goatee say pirate and the fingerless gloves say homeless and the scrunchies say LOOK AT ME I'VE GOT A TAIL.

I'm not hip enough to judge the hipness of this look. The thing is, I'm not sure I believe the Marvel staff is hip enough for that either.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

The 'homeless' comment makes me suddenly realize... he looks like a Morlock.

Sorta?

Maybe that's where you pick him up in the game?
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Crawler »

The Drastic Spastic wrote:
steyn wrote:the hat says dockworker, the jacket says starbucks.
The earrings and goatee say pirate and the fingerless gloves say homeless and the scrunchies say LOOK AT ME I'VE GOT A TAIL.

I'm not hip enough to judge the hipness of this look. The thing is, I'm not sure I believe the Marvel staff is hip enough for that either.
Apparently I'm a homeless pirate in real life without ever knowing it. ;)

Also, the "golf hat" says "fat guy" to me. But I grew up in a simpler time. The jacket says "I shop at army surplus but spend a lot of time in the garage with my vintage sewing machine."

I don't think he looks homeless at all.

I am also not cool, so I can't speak to how trendy or cool or whatever the kids are calling it these days his outfit is or is not. However, I can say that he's wearing clothes that I could see someone wearing in 2011. That's a good step, since it seems like comic book fashion is always about 5 years behind real life. Comic book heroines had AquaNet big hair until 1998.

I was also thinking about the tail bands (and the design over all) and why they might do that. Now, it's possible that they just thought they looked cool. However, I think it's likely that they added bands of bright color to a very dark tail so that you can see it. Provided that he uses his tail to do things, and that you encounter him in a fairly dark environment, you're going to need bright colors on his tail to see it or else people will be being thrown around by...nothing. His hands, feet, and face are less troublesome for this, since your brain is going to automatically fill in those spaces when you see his arm or hat or leg moving. But a tail is not usual...so you'll need to be able to see it.

So the tail bands may be a technical need.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Super Hero Hype has the "DL" (so to speak) on "exclusive" first looks at the upcoming game X-Men: Destiny, which i didn't realize there was a trailer for from the previous E3. I knew there had been a teaser, but this is a full TRAILER. Kurt appears.

And even in action, he looks a bit ridiculous.