Earth x: nightcrawler = belasco?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
weapon x
Lubber
Lubber

Post by weapon x »

any body here read the earth x timeline?

in that future kurt has longsince disappeard.
the rest of excalibur where transformed into stone by the grey gargoyle.

all except king britain(yes, brian is know KING britain) who slew the gargoyle.

you once get to see the statue and you can see one of kurts bamfs and one of his arms. cap (captain america) then says that he met a powerless kurt, missing an arm, being chased by an angry mob of mutations. cap never found his body.

a prophet named (how the heck should i remember?) formerly known as night hawk said to his librarian isaac christians aka the gargoyle (not to be confused with the grey gargoyle) that one of the x-men was belasco. not was going to be but allready is belasco. mephisto then explains to cap that belasco is a being displaced in time. (he rules limbo fer chucks sake)

i also seem to remember that belasco gave kurt alot of atention the first time they ever met.

soooooooo.....
anybody have a theory?

besides the obvious?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

um... i think it has been fairly solidly confirmed that Earth X Belasco IS Nightcrawler. or atleast he took Belasco's place. in Universe X 10, it is all explained quite plainly. and in Universe X er... X. Belasco refers to himself as Kurt Wagner.

i have not read any Earth X books beyond that (hate those cosmic stories, got it for the Kurt reference) but i believe the whole thing has been explored further.
Miqque
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Miqque »

Y'see, Mephisto is NOT the Devil. He's a mistake. Pick up Paradise X #7 for the details.

I hear tell that Nightcrawler/Kurt/Belasco are quite important in the finale (whether that's #11, #12, or the denouemont in the planned #X I'm not sure.)

If you'd like a quick run-down of what's happened lately, be glad to post it - but it's all what could well be considered "spoiler material". Do we have a neat-o spoiler warning thingy like X-Fan?
Miqque
Miqque On The Web
A Sailor On The Seas of Fate
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

I agree you Bamfette. I don't like all the space stories. I just want to put them down and move on to something else. If I wasnted to read a space-fiction story, I'd be a trekkie fan or something.
Magic Rabbit
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Magic Rabbit »

[quote]Originally posted by Bamfette
um... i think it has been fairly solidly confirmed that Earth X Belasco IS Nightcrawler. or atleast he took Belasco's place. in Universe X 10, it is all explained quite plainly. and in Universe X er... X. Belasco refers to himself as Kurt Wagner.

i have not read any Earth X books beyond that (hate those cosmic stories, got it for the Kurt reference) but i believe the whole thing has been explored further. [/quote]

Yeah same here – I only picked up some issues of the title because of Nightcrawler. But as always I was so disappointed – I really have a hard time with all those alternate timelines that just exist to screw up all the previously established histories. I mean, it’s not like the old Marvel What If stories that were never meant to create a stream of continuity that existed beyond the core titles. And honesty I just don’t get the whole Universe X thing. But that's just me...
"If we crash I can't win!" - Speed Racer

:bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny

:blossom :bubbles :buttercup
weapon x
Lubber
Lubber

Post by weapon x »

unfortunanetly i have read none of the paradise x books and no extra books of earth and universe x.

a friend of mine stated that it almost seemed to obvious. thats what got me thinking.

nah, i just wanted to start a conversation.

hey, hey cool thought. kurt vs venom
Hotrod
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Hotrod »

SPOILERS of Kurt Wanger/Belasco transformation in the X Trilogy (Earth X, Universe X, Paradise X):
After everyone on Earth became a mutant, Kurt Wagner became what he always wanted, a normal human. Prejudice caused a mob of "mutants" to beat Kurt to death. At his death, Mephisto showed Kurt that people are corrupt no matter what and cannot accept him. So, he then became Belasco, keeper of Limbo, and went back in time. This is why he always battled the X-Men. Well, so that they would come back for him.

When Excalibur was frozen in stone by the Grey Gargoyle, Kurt and Britain were the only ones to escape. Although, when Kurt escaped he lost an arm because he was almost through a teleport. Also, I believe that's how he lost his mutation. I'm not sure about that one so I would have to check. There's a little bit more to this situation which Miqque could help with but I can't remember it all since it's so complicated.

On another note, Colossus turns out to be Sinister but that has yet to be delved upon.
:bamf:-->:belasco:
HELP X-FAN!
Follower of the Dorkstar
Member #2 of the Bring Back Maggott Club
"And so, in my State of the--my State of the Union--or state--my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation--I asked Americans to give 4,000 years--4,000 hours over the next--the rest of your life--of service to America."
- President George W. Bush, on his community-service initiative
ChastMastr
Lubber
Lubber

Post by ChastMastr »

I've gotta say, while I have skimmed some of the Earth X books and some of the ideas are interesting, much of it is -- well, too based on "everything you know is wrong." Those stories only work well very rarely (Alan Moore on Swamp Thing worked, in my view; Jean Grey's return for X-Factor didn't. Of course, they were the same bloody story, but I won't go into that).

Much of Earth X seems rooted in the idea that if two things are similar, they have to be connected, so (SPOILER ALERT!) Wolverine is part of the same group as Moon Boy and Sasquatch and so on, Kurt looks like a demon so he must be one, Colossus is Sinister, etc. It's all about how the Marvel Universe could be explained away (the Asgardian gods are like the original Norse myths but differ because they are other-dimensional beings imitating them without knowing it, etc. etc. etc.), which as a story idea could be interesting, but in my honest opinion kind of writes itself. I've come up with these things often myself, and once you grant certain premises, lots of things fall into place, but that doesn't a good story make. And suggesting that Kurt has always been Belasco (... please...) is, well, silly. The whole thing reminds me of that Shvaugn/Sean Erin thing from the Legion's "Five Years Later" period. :rolleyes:

David
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

So then Xavier, Vulture, Puppet Master, and King Pin are all the same person?
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I bought the Kurtlasco issues myself, but I'll be damned if I know what I read. Those are the most convoluted, indecipherable books I've ever seen. Pretty art, confusing story.

I'd like to see how it ends up, just as a FYI, but I don't want to have to buy all of them to find out.
ChastMastr
Lubber
Lubber

Post by ChastMastr »

Originally posted by Garble
So then Xavier, Vulture, Puppet Master, and King Pin are all the same person?
God help us, probably. "You see, X-51, we Watchers too seeded Earth with our powers, and all baldness comes from our race." "So -- that explains why so many ultra-intelligent characters, or those with mental abilities, are bald! I -- I never realized! But what of those without special mind-powers?" "They've -- uh -- been repressing them! Yes, that's it!"
Lady Bamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Lady Bamf »

Slarti, which issues are the Kurtlasco stories in? I've been trying to find them.
Blue is Beautiful