AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Post Reply
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Posts: 1846
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:01 am
Location: ROK

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by The Drastic Spastic » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:09 am

Maybe the tattoo mystery will finally be solved! Wolverine had one too, which is something he would normally heal.

I still like my old idea about how bringing Kurt back from the dead would trigger a massive crisis of faith after which he would be a normal person again. Whether because of his half-demon soul or whatever, when he died he didn't go to Heaven but somewhere else. (Limbo?) And then he is resurrected aaaaaaand... :D
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:34 pm
Location: Internetz
Contact:

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:46 am

You know, I think the most interesting way to deal with Darkholme would be to show how those people who loved 616 Kurt react to him and how he deals with it. It would immediately characterize not only him, but every one of the characters who meets him. I would love to see how they end up doing that, if nothing else.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.

User avatar
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Posts: 3167
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:45 am
Title: The Ragin' Cajun
Location: NY

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:20 am

The Drastic Spastic wrote:Maybe the tattoo mystery will finally be solved! Wolverine had one too, which is something he would normally heal.

I still like my old idea about how bringing Kurt back from the dead would trigger a massive crisis of faith after which he would be a normal person again. Whether because of his half-demon soul or whatever, when he died he didn't go to Heaven but somewhere else. (Limbo?) And then he is resurrected aaaaaaand... :D
Image

Going back to what C said, maybe he shaves? He did have a goatee for a while. A completely inexplicable goatee. And a buzz cut. And in Prof W's he was bald. WTF?
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Posts: 1846
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:01 am
Location: ROK

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by The Drastic Spastic » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:30 am

Maybe the radiation just made all his fur fall out. I think that was even mentioned in the book.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir

User avatar
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Posts: 3167
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:45 am
Title: The Ragin' Cajun
Location: NY

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:39 am

The Drastic Spastic wrote:Maybe the radiation just made all his fur fall out. I think that was even mentioned in the book.
I dunno, I remember Mystique making some comment about finding a father for him that would guarantee he had fur, which I find a very very odd thing to base a sexual encounter off of. Like I don't go out of my way to sleep with only guys who have Adrien Brody noses, so the child I may possibly conceive would be part bird. But then, it was a real throw away line that insinuates Sabertooth is his dad, so it's probably best just completely forgotten.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Posts: 1846
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:01 am
Location: ROK

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by The Drastic Spastic » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:04 am

I thought it was just a joke meant to highlight the (somewhat inappropriate) closeness of AoA Mystique to her son. A way of saying, hey everybody this is a different universe where she DID NOT throw him off a cliff as a newborn.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir

User avatar
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Posts: 3167
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:45 am
Title: The Ragin' Cajun
Location: NY

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:09 am

The Drastic Spastic wrote:I thought it was just a joke meant to highlight the (somewhat inappropriate) closeness of AoA Mystique to her son. A way of saying, hey everybody this is a different universe where she DID NOT throw him off a cliff as a newborn.
I never took their closeness as inappropriate but....oh lord, should I have? Is there no female relation he won't bang?

Image

Being said, I'm really interested in seeing more of him. Is Mystique alive again? I'd like to see them run into one another.

[Edited on 13/9/11 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Posts: 1846
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:01 am
Location: ROK

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by The Drastic Spastic » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:21 am

I said somewhat! I wouldn't think they ever got past 1st base. :toothy
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir

User avatar
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Posts: 3167
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:45 am
Title: The Ragin' Cajun
Location: NY

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:33 am

The Drastic Spastic wrote:I said somewhat! I wouldn't think they ever got past 1st base. :toothy
Image
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€

Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Posts: 1279
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:05 pm
Title: I'm Back, Baby!
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by Crawler » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:01 am

Damask comments that he's covered in fur and she bets he feels like velvet not too long before she begins torturing Deadman Wade again and gets squished, I think, so he wasn't fuzzless in AoA. I think they just gave him a tattoo because it looked neat and fit with the AoA aesthetic and fuck realism, that's why!
Dedicatedfollower467 wrote:You know, I think the most interesting way to deal with Darkholme would be to show how those people who loved 616 Kurt react to him and how he deals with it. It would immediately characterize not only him, but every one of the characters who meets him. I would love to see how they end up doing that, if nothing else.
Given how it's been presented in Uncanny X-Force so far, I'd expect that we'll get some of this. We've already seen a little bit of it from Wolverine.

However, this is the reason I hope he will be ONLY in UX-F for a while. I don't want to read him trotting around the X-Books explaining that he's not their Kurt and asking how they feel about that. If it adds to the story? Absolutely. If it's a gimmick to "settle" him in as the new Nightcrawler? Meh.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Posts: 3278
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:41 pm
Location: Calgary
Contact:

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by Bamfette » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:32 pm

I really don't like the idea of replacing Kurt Wagner with Darkholm. I know Marvel wants to go darker and more gritty but this isn't the way to go. There's room enough in the MU for both versions.

User avatar
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:46 pm
Title: The Librarian
Location: Australia
Contact:

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by Nandireya » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:51 am

About the tat...if you shave a tiger you'll find the skin underneath matches the stripes seen in the fur...something similar probably holds true for it...it's just visible through the fur.
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D

User avatar
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Posts: 3167
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:45 am
Title: The Ragin' Cajun
Location: NY

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:45 pm

Nandireya wrote:About the tat...if you shave a tiger you'll find the skin underneath matches the stripes seen in the fur...something similar probably holds true for it...it's just visible through the fur.
That's a good point...

Plus, I've seen some pretty hairy guys with tattoos:

Image
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€

User avatar
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:46 pm
Title: The Librarian
Location: Australia
Contact:

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by Nandireya » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:40 am

Still debating whether or not to start getting this...

I don't see Darkholme as the real Nightcrawler's return in any way, shape or form, but I liked him as his own character...and I like Betsy (is this AoA Betsy or 616 Besty? Is there two of her now? Is that how she's on both teams?)...and Wade...can't STAND the other guy though...at least not in the very little I've read of him...

I suppose I could pick up a few and see how it goes...but I'm reluctant to start with Marvel again after they tore out my heart, jumped on it, poured petrol on it and set it on fire...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D

littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:15 pm
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite
Location: the drama studio
Contact:

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by littlebamf » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:59 am

To answer the Betsy question, if they ARE going to have two versions of her running around then I'm pretty certain its 616 Betts in UXF, from everything I've been reading about coming up. Remender did a podcast and during the second year of UXF he's got a big Betsy arc coming up in Otherworld and her brothers are going to be there and people from her past as well (might have died just a tad). The writer has stated he's going to great lenghts to unpick the mess that is her canon history/powers as if you examine her from right back to the Captain Britain books, Betsy has one of the messiest histories going and her powers seem to change every year too. I think it'd cheapen all that work if she was in another book even, never mind having a double on the loose.

But I sincerely hope there aren't two versions of anyone running around, including Kurt. I mean, they pull it off with Dark Beast but I honestly don't associate Dark Beast with Hank McCoy. It's not exactly my favourite thing ever to read, but I sort of got used to it, but anyone else doing a Wonder Twins thing? Yeah, no thanks.

User avatar
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Posts: 3167
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:45 am
Title: The Ragin' Cajun
Location: NY

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by NachtcGleiskette » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:25 pm

littlebamf wrote:To answer the Betsy question, if they ARE going to have two versions of her running around then I'm pretty certain its 616 Betts in UXF, from everything I've been reading about coming up. Remender did a podcast and during the second year of UXF he's got a big Betsy arc coming up in Otherworld and her brothers are going to be there and people from her past as well (might have died just a tad). The writer has stated he's going to great lenghts to unpick the mess that is her canon history/powers as if you examine her from right back to the Captain Britain books, Betsy has one of the messiest histories going and her powers seem to change every year too. I think it'd cheapen all that work if she was in another book even, never mind having a double on the loose.

But I sincerely hope there aren't two versions of anyone running around, including Kurt. I mean, they pull it off with Dark Beast but I honestly don't associate Dark Beast with Hank McCoy. It's not exactly my favourite thing ever to read, but I sort of got used to it, but anyone else doing a Wonder Twins thing? Yeah, no thanks.
You mean that a writer actually has plans for Betsy, to justify ever having brought her back from the dead?! :eek

Not to say I dislike Betsy, but it seemed such a waste to bring her back and then literally do NOTHING with her. It's cool to see that someone is interested in using her for something.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€

User avatar
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:49 pm

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by Jeremus » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:55 pm

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it ...but any thoughts on the Astonishing X-men #45 cover art?

http://www.comicvine.com/x-men/65-3173/ ... 5-2017574/

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]

Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout
Posts: 940
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Odessa, Tx
Contact:

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by Bamfing_Bob » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:51 am

Kid Nightcrawler! I could so dig that!

Also note the magic release date of UXF 19 is December 21 (UXF 18 comes out one week prior)
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Posts: 5804
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:59 pm
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2
Location: Boogie Wonderland
Contact:

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by Ult_Sm86 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:01 am

Uhhh... whoa... wait, what?


And isn't Astonishing that title that's like.... way behind the actual book? And is sort of lame-duck because of that reason? Nothing of any importance happens in that title I thought? I was told it was canon, by proxy.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS

Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:35 pm
Title: Loquacious Llama
Location: Yurop

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by Elwing » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Wolverine and the X-Men #1 preview is here... The plot thickens! http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... w&id=10164
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”

User avatar
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 1:58 pm
Location: The Land of Sausage

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by Wahnsinn » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:44 am

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Uhhh... whoa... wait, what?


And isn't Astonishing that title that's like.... way behind the actual book? And is sort of lame-duck because of that reason? Nothing of any importance happens in that title I thought? I was told it was canon, by proxy.
That cover makes it look like they're embarking on an adventure in the past or in some other universe(s). Logan doesn't exactly look like his 616 self.

Astonishing is supposed to be current post-Regenesis. From what I gather, it sounds like it'll be the title where chars from both teams cross paths to work together on certain special missions. Or something.

Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout
Posts: 940
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Odessa, Tx
Contact:

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by Bamfing_Bob » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:25 am

So I got UXF 17, and AoA Nightcrawler is back!!! He has several great lines. I believe he will mix up the UXF and be a great addition. I cannot wait for December!!
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!

User avatar
Karl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:23 pm

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by Karl » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:01 pm

Just found this interview with Rick Remender about his plans for the future of the books he's writing: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=35482
Sounds as if Kurt Darkholme will definitely continue in the 616 universe, and hints that he might even have his own reasons for being there, beyond just X-Force.

Also, has anyone seen the first issue of Wolverine and the X-Men, where Wolverine apparently takes some of the X-Men and attempts to restart the School in Westchester? It came out a few weeks ago, but before I buy it, I'd like to know if it's any good and if Kurt is one of the ones who goes with Logan to Westchester.

User avatar
Mistress_D
Lubber
Lubber
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:26 pm

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by Mistress_D » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:27 am

Karl, thanks for the link to the interview, it was very informative. I just started collecting UXF with #16, and this definitely helps with my decision to keep going. It's interesting exploring the darker side of the X-Men, and I think AOA Kurt fits in nicely.

As for Wolverine and the X-Men, I picked up the first issue of that as well, and the best way I can describe it is the opposite of UXF. It's get more of a lighthearted side, which I also enjoyed, and it's good to see Chris Bachalo's art again, I haven't seen any of his work for years, and seeing a familiar artist was refreshing after all this time away from the comics. And no Kurt, per se, but there are Bamfs! They succeed in being a great comic relief and are sure to give Wolvie a hard time, (In the back of the comic they have a list of classes and clubs, and Wolverine heads the "Bamf Hunting Club!). I believe these guys are discussed more in the "little nightcrawlers" topic in the forum.

And Bob, do you have a subscription or something? "Cause I spent all last weekend searching comic and regular bookstores for #17 and nobody had it! :( I hope there's some copies when I go for Wolverine and the X-Men #2.

Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout
Posts: 940
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Odessa, Tx
Contact:

AoA Nightcrawler (Darkholme) in Uncanny X-Force Teaser Image

Post by Bamfing_Bob » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:41 pm

I buy my comics at Hastings, but I reserve my copies in advance to be sure I get one...

I did not reserve Wolvie @ the X-Men however, so I couldn't get it... grrr
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!

Post Reply