Making a custom costume

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Indigo_Lady
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Making a custom costume

Post by Indigo_Lady »

Much nicer than those expensive rubber hands, especially since you are dressing as the comic book Crawler (If I remember right).

I never did get into the movie Crawler look. Eew to those nasty fingernails :P
Always a Queen of Narnia

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds. G.K. Chesterton

Favorite X-Men: :engarde :storm :colossus :nocturne :gambit :rogue :hank :psylocke
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Making a custom costume

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I finished the wristband last night. Here ya go...

I sewed the top to the shirt and fastened the bottom to the glove via velcro. The cardboard helps to keep its shape...

What do you think??
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Bamf Girl
Lubber
Lubber

Making a custom costume

Post by Bamf Girl »

Wow!!! That's looking great!!! Very creative. :D
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Making a custom costume

Post by Angelique »

Awesome!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Indigo_Lady
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Making a custom costume

Post by Indigo_Lady »

Excellent work. I can't wait to see the finished product. :bamf
Always a Queen of Narnia

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds. G.K. Chesterton

Favorite X-Men: :engarde :storm :colossus :nocturne :gambit :rogue :hank :psylocke
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Making a custom costume

Post by Jeremus »

That looks fantastic!
:D
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Making a custom costume

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Started the "vest" today. I have a very good vision of what it will look like. I need to pick up a cheap assisting supply before I can proceed, but I can tell this going to be one of the funnest pieces to assemble...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Making a custom costume

Post by Wahnsinn »

Du kannst es tuuuuuuun!!! *cue giggling from the in-laws*
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Making a custom costume

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Bob is confused...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Making a custom costume

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Bob is not the only one...
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamf Girl
Lubber
Lubber

Making a custom costume

Post by Bamf Girl »

I think that means "You can do it!" in German. :D
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Making a custom costume

Post by Wahnsinn »

Bamf Girl wrote:I think that means "You can do it!" in German. :D
Correct! No native German would say it that way, though. I make my in-laws giggle. :toothy
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Making a custom costume

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Ha ha! So the 'V' is coming along nicely, and I got a great idea about the feet from working on it. Once I can take pictures of what I wanna do, I will ask what you think...

UPDATE: I have all but finished the main red piece to my Nightcrawler costume. All I need to do is add shape to the shoulders and add some velcro. Since I am travelling tomorrow and the next day, I think I should have it done by next week, if I don't slack too much.
Also, sorry I've taken so long... This piece took much longer than expected, due to the gratuitous amount of hand-stitching I provided as well as wedding plans taking up most of my spare time. Promise my next post here will be pictures that I know you will love...

[Edited on 7/1/12 by Bamfing_Bob]
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Re: Making a custom costume

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Alright, so on the way home, I was in a car crash so spare time has been limited. I also discovered a couple of flaws in my design that I am addressing right now. I can either send pictures of what I have or wait until the entire midpiece is complete, Which would ya'll prefer?
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

I would prefer that you make a swift and complete recovery from your car crash. Acourse, you mustn't be too messed up if you're working on your costume, right? That would be good. :nodyes

Unless you need suggestions, I vote for posting the chunk when you're finished.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Alright. Yeah, the crash was totally cosmetic, but still pretty bad. Everyone involved is okay. I just have to work extra hours to pay for alot of the bills.

And I agree Wahnsinn. I need to play with a couple of things to get the costume looking right, but overall, I just need a tail hole, support pads for the shoulders and additional velcro. Also, I discovered a better way to attach the tail that I plan on implementing. I just hope there is time for it between work and senior level engineering courses and planning a wedding...
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Update: got the night off, so I tried the new way of attaching the tail. Works much better than the last iteration. Also cut the tail hole. All that is left is the shoulder support and a slight adjustment for tightness and I will post pictures.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

sorry it has been so long. I kind of had to put my project on hold to worry about school, weddin plans, work, you know. I tightened the piece, but the shoulder shape is still giving me grief. I don't know when I will have pictures, but when I do, you will be impressed. I guarentee it.

Once this piece looks like I want it to, all I lack are the feet and the other glove. And of course make up and stuff like that... so excited!!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Look forward to seeing it! You've definitely put a lot of effort into this project.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Yeah, I have. Remember, I am also making a Scarlet Witch for my fiancee. She thinks the whole thing is stupid though... but I don't care! I am fanboy, hear me ROAR!
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

So I've made progress (finally) but school is coming to a close within a month, so it is crunch time in that department. I discovered the easiest way for me to make scarlet witch's headgear is to shape it of pliable metal, and then it hit me! I can make my shoulder supports of the same material. So I did. And it looks legit. Only thing is that it may need a slight adjustment to look more natural, but I am afraid to do it because once I make cuts, I cannot undo it. Should I post pictures of what It looks like now to get your opinion, or make my own judgment?

Speaking of pictures, It is just a matter of me taking them. I also plan to take video describing everything and showing it all off. Sorry for keeping all two of you who read this waiting. This is my agenda:

May 13- School lets out

Work on finishing right glove, V piece, and scarlet witch main piece. Post pictures.

~End of May- leave for Indiana to plan wedding (June 23rd)

July 5th- Arrive back from honeymoon (Bahamas, woohoo)

Work on feet, finishing touches, make and post video, Scarlet witch cape, make all online purchases

August 2_- Back to school

Hopefully everything is great and good to go for Halloween next year, which will be kind of like my dress rehearsal for ComiCon San Diego 2013! (I really hope that works out...)
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Great news! I got the chape I was (mostly) looking for in the shoulders! I need to sand some stuff down and secure it and I will be done with it!
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

So my fiancee is now out of town, so I've been hard at work on the costume (plus cleaning and working and the like). I plan to have the other glove and the main suit done, with pictures posted, by Sunday. I know most of you don't care, but I have been working hard on it and I know if anyone can appreciate the detail I am paying attention to, you guys can.

Also, I got the Scarlet Witch boots and my ears in the mail this week. Both are exactly what I needed. I will paint the ears as well and post pictures of them too.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Sweet! I wouldn't say people don't care, more that we're just waiting to seeeeee! :cracked
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Huzzah!

More pics, good sir!