Costume Maker

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Costume Maker

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Hey there, I myself am a really big fan of cosplay (making ridiculously expensive fan based costumes) and lately I've been pondering some more--- challenging costumes to try in the future. I was wondering if anyone had attempted (and succeeded or not:) ) a Nightcrawler or Bamf costume before. Heck- has anyone done any of the X-men? Most cosplayers stick to anime or video game characters- you don't see a lot of American cosplayers (well- except at the occassional Sci-fi convention) I was just curious.
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Costume Maker

Post by idsunki »

Well, I've dressed up as Evolution Kurt (with malfunctioning image inducer). You can see my results somewhere in the art section of the board, probably under a Halloween thread.
I had a friend of mine make the tail, and I'm still trying to get some help with the rest of his costume so I can go all out.
I've been painted up some before, and I'll warn you now - you're going to want to scratch all over your face, but you won't be able to or you'll smear paint everywhere.

-idsunki, known one Halloween as the Mime of Vengeance
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Ryuu-chan
Lubber
Lubber

Costume Maker

Post by Ryuu-chan »

I would love to do Nightcrawler cosplay. I can't sew, though. That saddens me. Anyone want to make a costume for me? Please? :LOL: I have a friend who did Rogue once, but it was in civilian clothing, not X-Men uniform.
Older, smarter, and more sane than before.

Hopefully, anyway.
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Costume Maker

Post by Erynne »

Where's the picture at? Is there even a Halloween section? :?
KF
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Costume Maker

Post by KF »

The Halloween thread is probably under Off-Topic Antics, and it'll require some digging, as we tend to be off-topic a lot.

However, if someone were to make a Nighty costume (my friend tried once, then mocked me for wearing a tail - she then proceded to chew on it...), it'd probably be best to get a leotard pattern from a craft's store. Jo-Ann's, Wal-Mart, and Micheal's all carry them, and they're adjustable depending on size. For padding, or to make the lining of the three-fingered gloves, it's best to use a type of sponge foam; the type usually found in cheap couches. This is easy because, well, who doesn't see a couch lying on the side of the road at least once a month?

For an articulated tail, http://www.wolftronix.com/tail/ is a great site. The wolfish tail can be modified to be just like Nighty's. Besides that, it's a great addition to a costume. =D

-KF
"Remove your tail or I'll bite it off- Ooo! Blueberry!"
Nyssane
Lubber
Lubber

Costume Maker

Post by Nyssane »

I'd dress up as Blob if I had a black leotard.
:phantazia:The Forgotten One: Phantazia:phantazia:

MONSTRA WILL SMASH YOU ALL!
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

blue paint

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Well, in October, some friends and I dressed up as characters from Final Fantasy X, and one of them was Kimarhi, who is also blessed with blue fur- so yeah, we did a lot of blue painting- we discovered that the blue face paint wasn't so great- and came off really easily- but when we did the costume again from Halloween, we used an acrylic craft paint that we had used before for painting on fabric- and it stayed on much better, itched less, and washed off cleaner. Ha, go figure, right? A lady at the convention we went to suggested airbrushing on the fur- but... well- we didnt have that kind of money.
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
KF
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Costume Maker

Post by KF »

Acctually, you can buy a cheap airbrush for about $10 at Michael's. They're great, because you can use either compressed air cans (4 for 99 cents), or rent SCUBA air tanks and use those.

Wouldn't happen to have pics of that little thingy, would'ya, Lone_Bamf?
"Remove your tail or I'll bite it off- Ooo! Blueberry!"
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Costume Maker

Post by Erynne »

Oooo....spraying yourself with air brush paint might not be a great idea...might hurt if it got in your eyes, you know? Yikes. Or your ears...you'd have blue insides to your ears for monthes!
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Costume Maker

Post by Garble »

air brushing is how most movie effects make up is done.
nightcrawler 537
Lubber
Lubber

Costume Maker

Post by nightcrawler 537 »

i tried it. i had a pare of golves i kneated to look like is hands and they turned out pritty good but i couldn't pick a suit to ware but i think i might try his street clothes from x men evo
I resemble a monster,there for I am one? You object to peter's goverment, and condemn him by association? Your all for mutant rights but only for those mutants who fit your aesthetic and political criteria? A most charitable attitude, herr Drake, most enlightened

nightcrawler