New X-Treme X-Men includes Nightcrawler (Sorta)

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

New X-Treme X-Men includes Nightcrawler (Sorta)

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So apparently Greg Pak joined Tom Brevoort at Wondercon with fellow writer Stephen Segovia to discuss the new title X-Treme X-Men and the new cast.

Let's throw some quotes there though.

"New" title and "new cast". If you read Astonishing X-Men you'd know the cast, and if you didn't read Astonishing don't worry, more information coming!
Newsarama: Greg, the first thing I (and I imagine, a lot of people) noticed about X-Treme X-Men is that it sounds very similar to Exiles. Is that a fair interpretation, or missing the mark? Did Exiles influence the conception of this series at all?
Greg Pak: When X-Men editor extraordinaire Nick Lowe and I met last year to brainstorm my Astonishing X-Men arc, which opened by throwing Cyclops into an alternate reality, we absolutely were thinking of that Exiles magic. But since this was an Astonishing story, we had the fun excuse to dream up alternate versions of the biggest X-Men characters around — hence our alternate Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost, and Professor X.
That's right, Kid Nightcrawler (arguably young Kurt from X-Men Evolution as some online fans were originally convinced) is a featured cast member in this new ongoing!
Very EXILES! I like that this title is combining the working elements of Exiles, the necessity of an off beat team like X-Treme, and characters from various alternate realities!

Who else is curious? ...
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Re: New X-Treme X-Men includes Nightcrawler (Sorta)

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Way excited!!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

He looks adorable!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

He's wearing a Freddy Krueger sweater!
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

And when does this begin?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It should say in the linked article, and if it doesn't, I would expect not for awhile then. Probably a late autumn title. Something has to fill the void for Generation Hope being I'm totally predicting Hope is gonna die during AvX and the Phoenix Force is actually going to inhabit QQ...
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

On the Marvel sure it said july... I just wanna make sure I get a subscription before hand...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So I read Astonishing X-Men #45, which is where this little guy is introduced.

Very sad. After Cyclops breaks them out of their prison cells (long story there) - they find their weapons which were (stupidly) all kept in the same room.

We discover James Howlett (Wolverine) has a big-ass Cable looking gun, a hat, and adamentine claws. (Not adamantium). They're gold. And they reflect Cyke's beams. Impressive.

Kitty (Shadowcat, or in this universe just SHADOW) has knives. Lots of 'em. She looks like an assassin.

And Nightcrawler finds his lunchbox... it has Spider-man on it. And a blood stain. :(
Scott genuinely asks "What happened?" (but knowing our Scott, it probably sounded more abrasive than it was meant to be).
Kurt's response? "I don't... wanna talk about it."

:( So. Sad.
I am going to look for this when it comes out in trade. Or is it out?
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Why do you think "Shadow" isn't going to be in this series? Too many characters from one storyline? Because if it is going to be Exiles style, it makes sense to pick and choose...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I think there's going to be more going on than what we're seeing. That's my best guess.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

So I just read AXM 44-47. Interesting storyline... So, apparently Kid Nightcrawler is very advanced in his studies and in strategy. The best part is that he is not a hero... officially. He is just a kid who wants to do to the right thing and has the means to do so... Also, I really like Captain Howlett... Seems like a very interesting variation on Wolverine. I am even more excited for the series now...