Uncanny #428

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Elektra
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny #428

Post by Elektra »

That "human in essence" quote has me thinking:

Doesn't "essence" go beyond the physical make up of a person? I see 'essence' as a person's spirit/soul -- what makes you YOU as far as personality and behaviour goes.

Kurt could very well have a human 'essence' yet be of a demon (or half-demon) orgin.

Does that make any sense? ^_^

And if it doesn't -- the simple explanation is that Kurt's MOTHER was human (mutant, but human), so that could have won out over the demon genetics.
Nightcrawler: If someone has some extra clothes they're not using, I'm feeling a bit modest here.
Jubilee: Woah...! Why?

http://www.geocities.com/elektraspage

Machina
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny #428

Post by Machina »

I really think Azazel put Mystique in some sort of trance like to feel love for him. I think it is one of his abilities to seduce...he seemed to have picked her out to have his child. She seemed out of character for a reason. At least that is what I got out of it.
Elektra
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny #428

Post by Elektra »

Originally posted by Machina
I really think Azazel put Mystique in some sort of trance like to feel love for him. I think it is one of his abilities to seduce...he seemed to have picked her out to have his child. She seemed out of character for a reason. At least that is what I got out of it.
That's what I was thinking too. Mystique is not a lady who falls in love easily (or at all, for that matter).
Nightcrawler: If someone has some extra clothes they're not using, I'm feeling a bit modest here.

Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny #428

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I recant my earlier post. It might not be such a bad thing if Azzy does turn out to be a real demon (He's got an awful lot of powers if he's only a mutant playing at being a demon.)

The demons are fallen angels, they chose to disobey God and were cast out for that choice. It's the free will thing.

Kurt has always chosen the better path. That's why I like his character so much. You are not born to true nobility, it is earned by your actions. Why should it matter if Dad chose the dark side of things?

Does that mean Kurt has the heart of an angel? :halo
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Elektra
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny #428

Post by Elektra »

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer
Kurt has always chosen the better path. That's why I like his character so much. You are not born to true nobility, it is earned by your actions. Why should it matter if Dad chose the dark side of things?

Does that mean Kurt has the heart of an angel? :halo
Maybe it means that Kurt is a true Jedi master who didn't go the way of the dark-side like his father ;)

spinifex
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny #428

Post by spinifex »

Y'know, the demon-as-Dad would explain the brimstone cloud and smell diring teleportation. And doesn't Kurt travel into a level of Hell for that split second he's teleporting?

It would also make family gatherings oh so interesting.

"Merry Christmas! Let's go to Midnight Mass, Dad!"
"Uhm, son, that might not be a good idea...."

C-ko
"When are you people going to learn? It's not about right or wrong – it's a question of faith. It doesn't matter what you believe in – just that you believe. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains gotta wake up!" -Dogma-
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Uncanny #428

Post by ces »

a weeee little note from ces,
after reading these posts, hastenly gazing at a couple of sites (weaves) I definately need to get this issue...

i've been here before, and now, i'm here once again
the love for elves cannot be disregarded for all time

Draco--dad, a few of my reflections (before reading the issue)
* Draco a demon--i love magic, so why not?
* Mystique in love--of course, it may come to anyone...
* D and NC a lot in common--hmm, if so, i'll wait for a good explanation
* NC portin' as kid--hmmm, possible

anyway, this is too fabulous to me! i love mystique as mother (i loved the idea of adler as mother, but this may be way 'cooler'), and this azzz-guy should be a tremendous father!! yay!!!!! (not forgetting the szardos family)

the wagner surname is passing by the summers one! (as always has been, should be, and will be further stated in the future)

*flicking of tail*
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny #428

Post by kurtlover »

Ces you're back!!!! :cry :D
Moongazer
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny #428

Post by Moongazer »

I just found out that the Draco arc is six parts - finally giving myself the time to look up on it. Judging from the prologue, I didn't think it would be that long, so I'm happy to see that they'll be plenty of twists along the way. I haven't anticipated an arc such as this in a while.
Snoogans.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny #428

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

I think a lot of Azzy's powers or inferred abilities could fit under the blanket of Telepathy:

-Making himself look Human- Who says he changed his appearance. Maybe he simply changed people's perception of his appearance

-Making Mysique fall in love with him- She very well may have fallen for him, but if as hinted,he needed to sire specific children from specific mothers, he may not have left this to chance.

-Knowing Mystique's true appearance ....... despite never seeing it? Or maybehe has. The way hedescribed it, he had an extrasensory way of knowing.....
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny #428

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Elektra
Originally posted by Machina
That's what I was thinking too. Mystique is not a lady who falls in love easily (or at all, for that matter).
Nah. People who "don't fall in love easily" just don't fall in love easily with just anyone. Someone like Az, very charming, handsome, and most importantly, interested in HER, the REAL her... no surprise she fell easily. BUT, you'd think she would have learned by then. She was how old when this was set? Do people ever learn? :smirk

As for the rest of the issue... wtf? Granted, there wasn't much more "rest" but still. What's with the skull? She morphed a skull onto her forehead and she couldn't morph her maid's outfit? If she's gonna be sleeping around, why is she disguising herself as actual people? Cause, like, wouldn't people eventually get suspicious of how every woman in the castle has had a sexual encounter they insist never happened? Or 20? And as MOL said, what's with the shifting and demonic laughter in places she's likely to be seen? I thought she LIKED the cushy life.

And the art... I'm not even going to say it. :X
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny #428

Post by Bamfette »

maids uniform is very simple. she took the maids uniform OFF. when she transforms her clothes, what she is really doing is making her skin resemble clothing. can she take her skin off?
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny #428

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I dunno, can she? ;)
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny #428

Post by Maelstrom »

I don't think she's Husk. The whole reason she had the maid's uniform on, even through it was technically unneccesary for her, is to keep the act up. Normal people have to remove clothing, and she was setting both the maid she was impersonating and the dupe she duped. It would have looked a tad bit suspicious if she'd just "morphed" out of her clothing, wouldn't it? ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
blueberrymuffin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny #428

Post by blueberrymuffin »

I love Mystique. If for no other reason than her "rational" thinking leaves everyone else thinking how IRrational she is. Plus she kicks major a$$.

Besides, the "cushy" life can get super boring. Especially for someone like Mystique. I can totally picture her just trying to stir up trouble, and who's gonna accuse the misstress of the house? No one if they wanna keep they're jobs.

Also, Mystique IS one for the love thing, btw. Forge, anyone? (as alluded to in the new Mystique mini"
"I deserve sympathy for the sins of my sordid past, not scorn. Those were difficult days, I was probably very confused and out of my mind on drink or drugs. It's not always about 'good' and 'evil' Scott dear." Emma

"I can't believe what some mutants are up to right now in the privacy of their own homes." Emma (again)
Willow
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny #428

Post by Willow »

finally butting in.

don't appreciate the demon-thingy much. besides Azzy looked way cooler in the Sandman.

mys-teeq looked really scary, but baby Kurt was the cutest thing ever. the drawing's nice. story arc is interesting, so i'll put my mild irritation aside and wait for more. who knows where this ends up? :)

btw. thanks to the sweetest person on earth who made it possible for me to read the comic. :kiss
you know who you are! :tail
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Uncanny #428

Post by NightPoofer »

Originally posted by blueberrymuffin
I love Mystique. If for no other reason than her "rational" thinking leaves everyone else thinking how IRrational she is. Plus she kicks major a$$.

Besides, the "cushy" life can get super boring. Especially for someone like Mystique. I can totally picture her just trying to stir up trouble, and who's gonna accuse the misstress of the house? No one if they wanna keep they're jobs.

Also, Mystique IS one for the love thing, btw. Forge, anyone? (as alluded to in the new Mystique mini"
That's pretty interesting way of thinking about it. I never thought of it that way
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Uncanny #428

Post by jogurt »

Personaly i think Azzy is not a real Demon...he may fit in cliche but a lot of peeps think about nighty in the same way. I so wanna know how far Chuck will go to explain Azzy...:)
Jill: Is he actually a friend of Paleo Seti?(even as Concept for a Story) Im so curious since I did some investigations about Azzi...:D
:gum
The Pyramid over Egypt links with the Pyramid
of Time and Illusion. It is run by I, Thoth or
Hermes, the Trickster and Master of the Game.
(AKA. Azazel;) )
Moongazer
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny #428

Post by Moongazer »

Azazel is probably just another mutant - that's what I think at least. I mean, there's speculating and all, but I don't see where him being a demon would lead, besides the irony of it all.
Snoogans.
Angel of the Night
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny #428

Post by Angel of the Night »

Jill i have a question!!!!!!!!!!!
ok, did anyone pick the reason for this up or i is it cause im dumb:oops but why didnt the doctor freak out (like the lady) when he saw kurt?
the doc actually was calming her down and telling kurt he would face that alot.
was he actually Azzy in shapeshifted form again?
:azazel
i was thinking that but then im like "well, why would he say 'i should smother you and send you back to God'? also if he was a demon why would he want to send him back to God?
ugh! too many questions!!!!! :crazed
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny #428

Post by Bamfette »

the doctor simply had less superstitions and was aware that there were mutants out there due to his medical training. the maid was more of a superstitious sort. raised on old wives tales and such.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny #428

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Okay- i've got a question- You've said Azzy's People will continue the Dominant species theme-

So Far, we have

Maximus Lobo's People- Werewolves
Azazel's People- Demons

Also, you mentioned that there would be more emerging species

I'm begining to suspect that they're going to resemble other species from folklore or mythology- Am I close?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny #428

Post by Bamfette »

hmm... yes and no. some will resemble mythology, some wont.

and jsut because there will be anatural tendency for certain 'species' or races of mutants to band together, does not mean they HAVE to. they have free will, and while some will band with others of their own kind, others will choose to mingle with the other groups, some could conceivably belong to two or more, 'groups' and there is no saying those groups can not live and work together....
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny #428

Post by kurtlover »

I just read it :D i read it yesterday...to me it was a good issue :) Mystique has some problems huh? i totally understand her...because she's crazy! :p now seriously Chuck caught her essence really well :) and it was a pleasant surprize reading she fell in love with Azzy!
Angel of the Night
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny #428

Post by Angel of the Night »

Originally posted by Bamfette
the doctor simply had less superstitions and was aware that there were mutants out there due to his medical training. the maid was more of a superstitious sort. raised on old wives tales and such.
oh thanks Jill!
nuts, thought i was on to somethin' :(
oh well, 5 days & counting till 429