Nightcrawler: Mutant Agility or Mutant "Enhanced" Agility?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I've got that book, but it's at home. Grrr. I LOVED that High
Evolutionary story. It had so much potential. Sadly, it was Alan Davis' last issues and he didn't go far enough with it, in my opinion.

That 100-plus whopper story that I wrote was based on that High Evolutionary plot. I figured that something as traumatic as having your genes rearranged would cause a hell of a lot of psychological damage. And, yeah, I think it would have hurt like hell, so in the story it did. Though I said the mental pain was worse than the physical.

And on a side note, to me the agility is a totally separate ability from wall-crawling. Didn't they decide his wall-crawling was due to the Darkforce dimension and related to his teleportational power?
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

I definately want to see that page... I've wondered about how that happened... I sometimes hate being so new to comic books and not knowing all this stuff...
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Your wish is my command...or something like that...:D

I did it quick...I usually clean up the scans a bit more...but any way...it's here...along with the power return...you can see the fingers fusing better than splitting...:bamf:
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

well geez, the others don't look terribly concerned over poor Warren and Kurt's transformation there, do they? :p

aww... poor guys. *huggles warren and kurt*
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Never thought of it that way...

But Storm and Shadowcat were all over Wolverine when he showed up suffering from adamantium poisoning...

:mad: "Hey! I was in agonising pain and suffering from psychological trauma...and you didn't even bat an eye!"

:kitty: "Sorry, Kurt...but if we lose Logan we lose our sales..."

:mad: "Man...if Claremont hadn't stuck me in this blasted collar I'd give you such an earful!"

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Hehe!;):laugh:

Well it seems my memory has once again failed me.:P I was thinking he was still blue when his fingers came apart!:rolleyes: At least I was right about him being outside and all, and I remembered that Warren was on his right!:):laugh: Anyway, I was just thinking... Didn't Storm and Kitty lose their powers as well?
Only I think for them it was maybe not quite so traumatizing. I mean for Nighty it was probably the worst!:eek::shame: Also what about Logan? I think it would have been pretty messy if he tried to use his claws!:ooh::ick::(
Originally posted by Slarti
And on a side note, to me the agility is a totally separate ability from wall-crawling. Didn't they decide his wall-crawling was due to the Darkforce dimension and related to his teleportational power?
Yeah I think so. Something like that.
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Booker »

What's happening with Kurt's hands in the last frame there? They look a little wiggy.
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman
Fuzzball
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Fuzzball »

It seems like the shock would prevent you from really feeling anything that much, and by the time they had recovered from watching their bodies change shape like that, there wouldn't be anything else happening to cause them any pain.

If you've been in accidents or situations like that, you know the moments while you're just looking at your own mangled parts or watching yourself bleed (That sounds awful, I'm sorry), and you just kind of think "Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit." And it's not until later that you notice that you're in pain.

Plus, these guys bash each other around for giggles. Their nerves are probably a little fried, and they don't have the same kind of pain threshold that most folk do.
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Originally posted by Booker
What's happening with Kurt's hands in the last frame there? They look a little wiggy.
They're going back to normal.:)
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"

silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Oh poor kurt and warren! That's downright freaky! I must agree about the shock/pain thing... I was once slicing lemons with a freshly sharpened serrated knife and sliced my finger open... I don't remember a single bit of pain... I do remember lots of blood though... but no pain.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

same here. my first day on the job at Street Characters, i sliced the thumb and index finger on my left hand open badly with one of those clicky Olfa blades. very very sharp. my thumb was sliced across side to side pretty deep, and my index finger was sliced lengthwise and at the top it was close to 2 mm down past the white area on my findernail, so it was nearly to the bone. i didn't feel a thing. i calmly got up, went to the sink and asked Chad to get a bandage for me from the first aid kit.... then i passed out after the blood really started to flow. woke up as they were wrapping my hand up in more bandages than you can imagine! :laugh: and getting ready to haul me to the emergency room for stitches. that was the only time i ever passed out, too. also at SC, one of the seamstresses ran a (industrial kind, mind you, very heavy duty) sewing machine over her thumb, she calmly backed it up got the needle out (it had gone straight through) and treated it herself before she started complaining of any pain.

and this isn't physical pain, but one time, i went blind. my vision just blacked out with no warning (i later learned i had sufferd a TIA, a temporary blood clot in the vision center of my brain) but tho i was scared, i did not panic or freak out or anything. i just.... stood there. (i was on a bus) i dunno what i would have done if my vision had not returned, but for the 20 minutes or so that i couldn't see anything, i... didn't do anything... :ooh:

funny how you react to traumatic experiences sometimes.
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

no kidding... I've come to believe that shock is a defence mechanism to keep us from panicking and doing ourselves worse damage...
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

It is actually, but sometimes it can backfire. If your body goes too far into shock it can actually kill you!:ooh::dead:

silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

I've heard that too... I don't think I've ever been in a situation that has actually put me in shock though...
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

I sliced my thumb open once...didn't even know I'd done it until I saw the blood trail across my palm as it dripped from my wrist...:ooh:...didn't even hurt until I caught my fingernail in it the next day and opened it up again...:surprise:

Had a fire extinguisher fall on my foot too...but believe me that HURT!:bawl:

silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

ow!!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Indeed...and I was at work at the time...and nobody offered to mop the floors for me...and they all saw it happen...and the injured foot was the one I used to steady the bucket while I wrang out the mop...so I had to put a lot of pressure on it...which made it hurt even more...and then everyone wondered why I was so ticked off at them!

Blasted idiots! :mad:

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

ooohhh... i know how THAT is :mad:

when i was a teenager, like 16 or sumthin, i had a summer job at the grocey store during the summer sellign hot-dogs in a stand outside the store. note here *i was handling food!!* well, one day i cut my hand on a sharp bit of metal at the bottom of the cart. i was bleedin like mad, i mean you know how the hands are, there are lots of veins that bleed furiously when cut. and i still have a scar to this day so it was pretty deep too. so i wrap it up, close up the cart and call my supervisor. he comes out wiht a bandaid for me to slap on (which was entirely inadequate) and told me to get back to work! :o the bandaid wasn't stopping the blood so i had a fucking paper towel wrapped around my hand under the (transparent) latex glove. i call him again, and he says to keep the cart open :mad: customers could see and naturally wouldn't want to buy the hot dogs. one guy was a doctor tho and he looked at it and i told him what had happened... well long story short, i quit.
Fuzzball
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Fuzzball »

Wow. This thread has digressed so far from the original topic. :D

At any rate, since digit-splitting seems to be more along the lines of slashing (And is it me, or does everyone on this forum need to stay away from anything sharp) and less along the lines of bashing, as in the fire extinguisher falling on the foot (OW!) it seems like he wouldn't really be feeling pain, but is more in the oh-shit sort of feeling.
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

no kidding... I once drop one of those big cans of hawiian punch on my big toe... I was five or so and my whole toe turned purple. I think I cried for like an hour or so... But all the cuts and burns I've gotten I was like "What!?" It was more gross than painful...
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Booker »

I had a wasp climb up my leg and sting me five times before I finally got the bugger out.

Apparently a lot of people on this board are accident-prone.
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Originally posted by silver_frosted_roze
no kidding... I once drop one of those big cans of hawiian punch on my big toe... I was five or so and my whole toe turned purple. I think I cried for like an hour or so... But all the cuts and burns I've gotten I was like "What!?" It was more gross than painful...
The exact same thing happened to me! I was eleven however and I'm pretty sure I didn't cry, but I thought my toe would never go back to normal!:laugh:

Sugah
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sugah »

Well, Kurt's spine allows him to be more flexible than the average person, and I'm guessing his tail adds to his balance. Most of his agility seems to be something he has gained on his own though, not through his mutation. Hence, I think he might be less agile than Spiderman or Beast, but makes up for that with his better skills.

*Looks at the change of topic*

Ouch..
"I mean, look at Cable. Look at that bloody *gun*. It's bigger'n *he* is. What does that say to people?" -- Pete Wisdom,

"Kitty, are you nearly done? I think you're just playing with them now."
"Give me a minute. This one's still got his eyes open." -- Pete and Kitty

"If there is anyone present who can think of a reason why we should not have our heads examined for trusting Spiral, may you speak now or forever hold your peace. Then by the power vested in me as Excalibur's team leader, I pronounce this mission a 'Go'!"
"*sniff* I always cry at weddings." -- Kurt and Kitty, Excalibur #109
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Originally posted by Sugah

*Looks at the change of topic*

Ouch..
Aww well we still know what you're talking about anyway!;):laugh:

Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

All this talk about pain and injury is making my feet hurt!

I have some sort of empathic reaction to seeing or hearing about someone else's pain. My feet...clench, for want of a better term. I have several chronic problems with them anyway, and I imagine that contributes. The funny thing is, they don't react like that if I'M having the injury. :?

:bamf:
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny