Darkforce Dimension

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Lady Bamf
Lubber
Lubber

Darkforce Dimension

Post by Lady Bamf »

Hello, I'm still unclear about what the darkforce dimension actually is. If someone could clear this up for me I'd be very happy.:D Thank you.
Blue is Beautiful
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Darkforce Dimension

Post by Bamfette »

ok, minor spoiler, it is not the Darkforce Dimension at all that Kurt ports through. this will be revealed next issue of Uncanny, perhaps the one after.

that being said, the un-named dimension that Kurt does port through, no one knows much about. we have only actually seen it on one occasion for a brief time in Excalibur while Kurt was being posessed by the sorcerer Gravemoss. again, we will find out more, much more, about what it looks like when Kurt visits there for an extended stay in Uncanny 429-434, The Draco arc.

The Darkforce Dimension is a dimension that Cloak of Cloak and Dagger, and The Vanisher and Darkstar use. Darkforce can be used as a means of teleportation, as Cloak (with Dagger's guiding light) and Vanisher show, but it looks and acts very much differently than Kurt's porting. Darkforce is pure tangible blackness which almost nothing can penetrate. not at all like Kurt's clouds of fire and brimstone.
Lady Bamf
Lubber
Lubber

Darkforce

Post by Lady Bamf »

Ok, so it was pretty much just assumed by most people that Kurt used the darkforce? The idea that I got from reading uncanny #428 was that his real father was some sort of devil. So, if Kurt is half devil it would make sense that his Bamfs would smell like brimstone. Could this be some version of hell that he teleports through?:bamf
Blue is Beautiful
Moongazer
Lubber
Lubber

Darkforce Dimension

Post by Moongazer »

Thanks for the scoops, Bamfette. That's extremely interesting indeed.
Snoogans.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Darkforce Dimension

Post by NightPoofer »

That's really interesting! I thought that Kurt was a son of Satan because of the teleporting ability and how it made that smell. I wouldn't have the smell any other way! Liccorice smell after bamfing! That would be weird, Kurt would have to be the son of the CANDYMAN. Now I gotta wait until the next few issues come out to exactly know what it is! *stares at clock for a few seconds* is it out yet?
LadyBamf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Darkforce Dimension

Post by LadyBamf »

0.o you have the same name is me! wow, mindboggling...lol
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." -The Marauders

"Those who hear not the music...think the dancers mad." -Unknown

"Now, I'm getting into the coffin....and you will get in on top of me if you know whats good for you"
-Lestat
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Darkforce Dimension

Post by NightPoofer »

What? I'm confused now
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Darkforce Dimension

Post by Bamfette »

ok, no chit-chat in threads, please, you're just confusing/excluding everyone else... this is what u2u's are for.

second... yeah. it was pretty much just assumed by people, but there was some precidence for that assumption. first of all there was a story a looooong time ago, where the Vanisher has jsut been stopped mid teleport by Darkstar. when Kurt touched them, they both ended up in another dimension. some people took this to mean Kurt used the Darkforce Dimension as well, though it was never actually stated (trust me, i looked and looked, helping Chuck make sure the story wouldn't conflict. this was the closest i could find to a conflicting story) plus in an old bio, the DF Dimension was listed as the dimension he 'ported through, as a mistake. but once that bio was out there, well.... all other bios before and after name it as an 'un-named' or 'unknown' dimension. there was only the one bio.
msgt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Darkforce Dimension

Post by msgt »

Thats cool that it is not going to be the DarkForce Dimension. I like that.

Can't wait to see what the dimension looks like.
:bamf

Mike :)