Nightcrawler in Extraordinary X-men

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nightcrawler in Extraordinary X-men

Post by Entropy »

http://www.comicsbeat.com/xtra-xtra-jef ... ary-x-men/

New costume! I really like Humberto's art so I'm excited for this.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: Nightcrawler in Extraordinary X-men

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm stoked about this!

I think my prediction about Marvel morphing a super group for magic out of various benched team members may be happening soon too. Brevoort and others keep dropping hints that Strange has his own title but he'll busy else where and the Cosmic universe is going to finally be aligned long enough for the magical universe of Marvel to really start acting up. "Expect more, and BIGGER, Marvel Magic as Dr. Strange movie gets closer!" is what Axel Alonso said (more or less).

That costume looks like it's awfully useful for battlin' demons. Just sayin'.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

Call me under whelmed by Kurt in this issue. Also, typically love Humberto's art but the scene with Kurt just didn't come across well.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I rather liked issue one, but I was certainly left wanting moar Nightcrawlery goodness.
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

The issue itself was interesting, the 'crawler portion just left me a little cold. No great illustrated shots and the dialogue left me wondering if his personality is going to be dour. I loved the first issues of Amazing, this just didn't catch me the same way.
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/11/16/ ... ks-so-far/

Extraordinary preview...this has me really intrigued about what happened to Kurt!

I
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I really did enjoy the issue, but I agree. Needed more Kurt. I am concerned about his plight. That cover for Issue 7 is awesome, but worrisome... It's good to be back.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

If Kurt shows up in a title and Jason Aaron isn't writing him, he gets beaten or chased away. Every time. It's been this way for at least a decade and I'm getting rather tired of it. That said, the issue was great and I'm a huge Ramos fan. I really dug his Amazing Spider-Man run and I've been looking forward to this series for a bit. I'm a little disappointed they didn't diverse the team up a tad more... Sorta surprised they tossed Rachel aside for All-New Jean Grey. Guess you gotta stick her somewhere though, right?

Also, can someone please explain to me what in the hell Weirdworld is? My friend wanted me to try Black Knight but I'm so confused. The name got dropped a lot during "Secret Wars."
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

The exception being the Nightcrawler solo title by Claremont & Nauck... Also, I know it doesn't really count, but Remender treated Kurt Darkholme pretty well and Pak featured Kid Nightcrawler as much as anyone else...

I'm a great proponent of him being a member of a smaller or non-X team. Remember Excalibur? I'd love a buddy book with another Marvel character, regardless of their team affiliation. I hope X-Men Apocalypse helps boost his popularity in the comics.

As far as Extraordinary X-Men is concerned, I'm just glad Nightcrawler is on their minds on the same level as Old Man Logan. I feel like Nightcrawler is in the situation he's in because he was still dedicated to being a hero but had no team to back him up when backed into a corner. Also, his poor tail! Hope everything's okay...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Looks like the good Doctor Essex has messed our boy up good. Interesting that he's interested in someone who's last name isn't Grey or Summers...

Kinda digging the armour and flowing indigo locks, though Just hope they actually do something with him that doesn't involve him going batshit crazy again.
HardCider
Lubber
Lubber

Post by HardCider »

So we are a few issues in and I must say that I like what they are doing with Kurt, I love his new look.